• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
CYNTHIA<33333333

Torpoleon

Hopeful that Ash ends up battling all the Masters Eight, but at least if he uses reserves and fights Cynthia, that would be awesome.

Realistically, Ash will probably be ranked 8 (right under Raihan), so I would think that we just need to find out the identities of just 3 more members of the Masters Eight, and not four. Steven & Diantha seem like hopefully obvious picks.

Would love full 6 on 6 battles against Steven, Diantha, Cynthia and Lance with Ash using his Hoenn, Kalos, Sinnoh & Kanto/Johto teams, but I'm definitely not going to set my expectations that high, even though I want to. It does make sense for Ash to challenge each of them before fighting Leon though.

If it is Steven & Diantha are in with Ash being considered 8th, I have no clue who I'd want the other one to be. Maybe another Galar character or Tobias or Brandon or maybe even Drake from OI.

I feel like challenging the Masters Eight is like challenging the League Conference and the Normal/Great/Ultra ranks are like challenging Gym Leaders, which is why I feel like Ash should use reserves in the Masters Eight.

AJ97

They could have all the Master Class Contestants first battle amongst themselves for in a points-based setting (2 points for win - 1 point for a draw, 0 for a loss). They did this back during the preliminary rounds of the Johto League. This way, they could have Ash battle all the Champions and even put in some battles between Champions.
Plus, it would a great opportunity for Ash to bring in his Regional Reserves and use them against their respective teams.

Also, this way, they could have Leon beat Ash during the first battle and maybe learn something to devise a strategy against him. They could then make the final battle between Cynthia and Ash for the second-place slot which Ash wins.

The finals can be a 1v1 match with Pikachu & Charizard like the battle between Lance and Leon which we see at the start of the series. Maybe Ash realizes in this battle that using Dynamax actually holds him back due to Pikachu's loss in Speed and maybe stalls Charizard out until it is out of his Dynamax form and ends up beating Leon or there's also the

Tin-Tin-Alt

My Dream Master Eight:
1. Leon.
2. Lance.
3. Cynthia.
4. Steven.
5. Diantha.
6. N.
7. Raihan.
8. Ash.

Quarterfinals:
Ash vs Raihan.
Leon vs Diantha.
Steven vs N.
Lance vs Cynthia.

Semifinals.
Ash vs Cynthia.
Leon vs N.

Final.
Ash vs Leon.

Ash's Final Team:
Pikachu. Charizard. Sceptile. Greninja. Lycanroc. Lucario.

Last edited:

Guy100

Well, this may be it. Ever since Ash became a champ and entered the world championship tournament, I felt this progression in the story was building up to its finale. If Ash continues defeating champions, and makes his way to defeat Leon, then this will cement Ash's departure from gym battles. He'll just compete in tournaments from now on. And to be honest, you never see champions from other regions collecting gym badges once they rank up to being a regional tournament winner.

I jsut wonder what will be the next phase for Ash to challenge to become a pokemon master. I mean Leon maybe a world champ, but he not considered a pokemon master, which is considered a higher praise for a trainer. Just wisht he writers explained more detail to how a trainer becomes one.

So far, Lance I think has been confirmed to be a pokemon master.

D

Deleted member 384931

My impression was that when the season ends the Master 8 fight each other for the title of World Champion

D

Deleted member 384931

I seriously want you all to look me in the eye and say this isn't the culmination of Ash's story as he retires for the 25th anniversary

Cynthia is major fanservice, there is probably nothing bigger to pull out of Ash's past battle lore than that
I dont believe this will be Satoshis end on the show, maybe a lesser role in the next anime, but he wont dissapear

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I seriously want you all to look me in the eye and say this isn't the culmination of Ash's story as he retires for the 25th anniversary

Cynthia is major fanservice, there is probably nothing bigger to pull out of Ash's past battle lore than that
Its weird seeing you have an actual proper stance to discuss with someone else here :p

Torpoleon

My Dream Master Eight:
1. Leon.
2. Lance.
3. Cynthia.
4. Steven.
5. Diantha.
6. N.
7. Raihan.
8. Ash.

Quarterfinals:
Ash vs Raihan.
Leon vs Diantha.
Steven vs N.
Lance vs Cynthia.

Semifinals.
Ash vs Cynthia.
Leon vs N.

Final.
Ash vs Leon.

Ash's Final Team:
Pikachu. Charizard. Sceptile. Greninja. Lycanroc. Lucario.
Didn't actually think of N for the Masters Eight! That would be an interesting one. I ruled out Unova since Iris was the champion and ranked lower than the eight, but N could still make sense. Originally, I hoped for Tobias and then started to think we would get another Galar gym leader, like perhaps Nessa, but it does kind of make sense for Ledon & Raihan to be the two best in Galar though. I feel like Steven would beat N, though I do agree with your other matchups (and I feel like Leon should beat 2 champions before fighting Ash). What do you think the other teams will look like? Mostly the game teams?

Would Ash's final team be just for the fight against Leon? Do you seem him using other Pokemon against Raihan & Cynthia? As much as it makes sense to use his best against Leon, I feel like they're going to have Ash uses his Journeys team against Leon. Hopefully that is not the case for other matches.

So, it was outright confirmed that the Masters Eight battle tournament-style, correct? Guess it makes sense than to expect Ash to face everyone in the Masters Eight. Maybe we could even see Leon or Cynthia beat a champion before fighting Ash, making the battle even more tougher for him.

I'll post my hopes for the Masters Eight tournament when I am done planning it. I'm hoping for it all to be 6 on 6.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Considering how much the writers love Iris, I wouldn‘t be surprised if they made her top 8 and she would eventually loose to Leon or someone before being able to face Ash again. So I could see her be Unova representation.

I wish they would give us a PC from the games to face Ash in the Hyper Class.