• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
By the way, since Ash as #99 was pitted against Volkner as #27, it can be safely assumed that Ash will not necessarily be pitted to #s 9-63 from now on right? Because it would be better if they can also pit him against #s 65-99...

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Actually makes sense if we are to base it from Sword since she's the opponent before Raihan... Raihan is likely the 1st Master Class opponent...

The writers should develop more interaction and rivalry between Ash and Raihan though... Unlike with Lance and Cynhia, Ash has very limited interactions to him...
I didn’t think of that. I haven’t gotten that far in Sword either since I’ve been playing Shield.

I agree that they need to have Ash and Raihan interact more.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But between Lance and Cynthia, I'm not sure who I want Ash to battle (and defeat). On one hand, beating Lance would cement Ash as Kanto's strongest trainer, but on the other, Cynthia has an actual connection to Ash, and she played a part in his greatest rivalry.
why-not-both-why-not.gif

Let our boy Ash steamroll both.

He's been the underdog for over 20 years.

Let the Alola League be the start of a revolution where he'll prove wrong everyone who bashed him over the last two decades.
Leon is a discount Zoro
At least you are not time-travelling again

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I didn’t think of that. I haven’t gotten that far in Sword either since I’ve been playing Shield.
Bea is Allister's Sword counterpart...

Ash has to fight Cynthia and Lance, there's been too much buildup for it, especially with Cynthia.
I agree... It would be a waste and makes no sense if Ash gets through an easy path towards Leon which also is out of his character... Especially if Ash has to beat Leon, he has to prove the worth by sweeping (not necessarily winning every single match against each, he can rematch) the Master Class...

LucasMV

That's a Null chance to Ash beats Cynthia, Lance, Raihan and Leon Togheter.
I mean, he won't fight them all together. Seriously though, ideally Ash would use his reserves to face the Champions, but since he already defeated Iris with his current team, we know Ash's probably gonna beat the Champions one way or the other. At least everyone but Leon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I also wonder if they’re going to have Ash face Surge here or in a match outside of the PWC (or the rematch never happens)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I hope the rematch never happens. We already had Pikachu vs Raichu this season.
As much as I love Surge’s original appearance, I agree. It’s a shame because I didn’t really like the battle against his substitute earlier in the series and would’ve preferred they had saved a proper Surge reappearance elsewhere. Plus I would’ve taken Volkner over Surge easily. Only thing that’s worse is the Fighting Type focus

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No, seriously, why was Visquez even a thing.

Actually, I fear Ash's big opponents are solely going to be Electric-, Fighting-, and Dragon-type trainers. It all looks like those are the ones he's been fighting exclusively lately...and that's very factual.

Only Leon has variety (allegedly), but who knows if this makes Ash never fight him.

RetroPokeFan

And speaking of which, what would another Pikachu vs Raichu battle bring that's new? They've basically scratched every surface they could possibly find when it comes to Pikachu/Raichu battles and there's really not much they could bring to the table other than it just being another battle just for the sake of nostalgia.

It'd be just like every other one they've had and personally while it was impressive the first time around, it stops being impressive when the writers keep fishing out the same old boot over and over and over again (and personally, it got old the minute D&P chose to just do a full on rehash of that very episode).

I was honestly kinda happy that Ash let Pikachu get some rest and switched him out in Visquez's battle because it helped changed things up a bit.

Also excuse me for going into Pikachu fan talk here but can't we have an episode with a Raichu that's friendly to Pikachu? I know there's Goh's but those two have barely interacted much at all.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I hope Volkner is the last recycled leftover opponent for Ash... It's weird that Ash's game character opponents outside Bea and Iris were all his leftovers... Dunno what's up with these writers... There are lots of Galar GLs, E4s and facility heads yet to be introduced... Aside from the E4s who defeated Ash...

Wikstrom should've been a WCS opponent instead...

LucasMV

So Bea seems to be the next PWC opponent huh. A bit earlier than I expected, but that just means Ash is gonna fight more people after her in the Ultra Class before joining the Master class.

Gmax vs Mega evolution seems interesting. The way they portrayed Dmax at first didn't seem like it'd be possible for a non Dmaxed Pokemon to defeat a Dmaxed one (Pikachu's Thunderbolt did nothing to Gmax Drednaw). But then in the Galar arc, we had normal pokemon defeating Dmaxed ones. Even Pikachu's Thunderbolt hurt Gmax Coalossal. So it should be fine. Though I'm worried it might look weird.