• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Torpoleon

So Bea seems to be the next PWC opponent huh. A bit earlier than I expected, but that just means Ash is gonna fight more people after her in the Ultra Class before joining the Master class.

Gmax vs Mega evolution seems interesting. The way they portrayed Dmax at first didn't seem like it'd be possible for a non Dmaxed Pokemon to defeat a Dmaxed one (Pikachu's Thunderbolt did nothing to Gmax Drednaw). But then in the Galar arc, we had normal pokemon defeating Dmaxed ones. Even Pikachu's Thunderbolt hurt Gmax Coalossal. So it should be fine. Though I'm worried it might look weird.
When was it confirmed that Bea was next?

D

Deleted member 384931

Nevah.

Though, if logic follows, she'd be the next one only because the trailer showed her off in a rather obvious battle against Ash right when we're getting the ME stuff out right away. They can't possibly have Ash remain idle with a ME until Bea.
Yeah that would be stupid. They have to hype it up like crazy

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I want Darsna and Diantha in the pwc

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I'm happy to be getting Saitou back! I really want to see Homika return and see her pull off winning Full Battles without using a full team!

I also hope that we see Karin! I don't believe she was ever featured in an episode so I think that it would be cool to frame her as the Wataru-level trainer from Jouto!

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash's Dragonite could star in the match by beating either Lance's own Dragonite or his Red Gyarados. Not sure how you'd be able to tell their Dragonites apart unlike with Iris' though
Wonder if he even will use Dragonite, its not like we have THAT many dragon types that arent used by Cynthia or Iris.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I wonder how Lance vs Satoshi will go

Not the way it should go because Ash is probably only going use his current super-powered team. In an ideal world we'd get Ash mixing in reserves to make the battle more varied, but realistically he's going to use Pikachu and Dragonite against him, maybe Gengar, let's face it..

It also sucks that we probably won't see anything like Infernape vs Cynthia's Garchomp or Greninja against Diantha's Gardevoir (if she even appears), despite the fact they'd be far more hyped battles than say.. Dracovish/Dragonite vs Garchomp (because we need more dragon vs dragon) or Mega Lucario vs Mega Gardevoir (because MegaPowerGooooo)..

I'm already so annoyed about something that hasn't happened yet, I need to lie down..

D

Deleted member 384931

Not the way it should go because Ash is probably only going use his current super-powered team. In an ideal world we'd get Ash mixing in reserves to make the battle more varied, but realistically he's going to use Pikachu and Dragonite against him, maybe Gengar, let's face it..

It also sucks that we probably won't see anything like Infernape vs Cynthia's Garchomp or Greninja against Diantha's Gardevoir (if she even appears), despite the fact they'd be far more hyped battles than say.. Dracovish/Dragonite vs Garchomp (because we need more dragon vs dragon) or Mega Lucario vs Mega Gardevoir (because MegaPowerGooooo)..

I'm already so annoyed about something that hasn't happened yet, I need to lie down..
Lol. He should REALLY use reserves in the Master 8, ngl. Mix a few JN pokemon with reserves and I would be happy. Otherwise its hard to believe Satoshi can beat trainers like Lance or Cynthia.

LucasMV

Whoever is next to Bea, I just hope it won't be another one of Ash's leftovers... There are lots of E4s, unintroduced Galar GLs and facility bosses out there... They can even throw Alder and Wallace out...
I hope Ash doesn't raise too much in rank after defeating Bea, so that we can have as many battles as we can in the Ultra Class. Although even if he does, I guess he could lose a battle afterwards and lose a few ranks too.

Either way, I do hope we see some higher tier level trainers in this class. It's weird that Ash already defeated Unova's Champion to ascend to the Ultra Class and now he's back to facing Gym Leaders, however strong they might be. Sure, Iris had just join so that's why she was still in the Great Class, but the point stands.

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope Ash doesn't raise too much in rank after defeating Bea, so that we can have as many battles as we can in the Ultra Class. Although even if he does, I guess he could lose a battle afterwards and lose a few ranks too.

Either way, I do hope we see some higher tier level trainers in this class. It's weird that Ash already defeated Unova's Champion to ascend to the Ultra Class and now he's back to facing Gym Leaders, however strong they might be. Sure, Iris had just join so that's why she was still in the Great Class, but the point stands.
Honestly I can see Satoshi rank up 30 places just like with Volkner. 3 opponents in the Hyperclass.
99==>64==>34 (first episode she appeared in) ==>8

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

It depends on Bea's rank, her rank might be close to Ash's... I'm expecting more challengers from those ranks he skipped though...

I agree... Even though Korrina and Volkner teams can be likened to be "post-game rematch" counterparts, I'm pretty sure they're not yet in the E4 level, not even Malva's level... They're still leftovers...

Iris, on the other hand, she still hasn't proved her Champion level... If only they mentioned that she beat Alder or wipe the E4 then it would've been believable...

I know, the lack of Elite Fours (except Lance) is annoying

I'm actually expecting Kanto and Galar pandering right away by throwing other Galar GLs and Kanto E4, but we got another leftover in Volkner...

I even thought that Bruno will potentially debut GMax Machamp...

Honestly I can see Satoshi rank up 30 places just like with Volkner. 3 opponents in the Hyperclass.
99==>64==>34 (first episode she appeared in) ==>8

Let's just that Bea is just within 60s...

D

Deleted member 384931

So how Does Satoshi challenge number 8 in the Master 8?
Ppl cant fight from the same rank...

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm actually expecting Kanto and Galar pandering right away by throwing other Galar GLs and Kanto E4, but we got another leftover in Volkner...
It's not a leftover. It's marketing for the upcoming BDSP release.

D

Deleted member 384931

Maybe when a trainer raises to 9th position (so strongest Ultra Class) they can battle the 8th Master Class' trainer to try and take their position?
Hmm.
I can see Giovanni being in the Master 8. It can go like in the games, Giovanni learns that its fun to battle again and finishes Team Rocket.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
So how Does Satoshi challenge number 8 in the Master 8?
Ppl cant fight from the same rank...
There's probably a tourney among the ranks 9-12 or something wherein the winner gets to battle the 8...

It's not a leftover. It's marketing for the upcoming BDSP release.
Leftovers are those trainers whom Ash already defeated previously such as Korrina and Volkner... Market BDSP then why not Volkner's very cousin Flint of the Sinnoh E4 instead?

Maybe when a trainer raises to 9th position (so strongest Ultra Class) they can battle the 8th Master Class' trainer to try and take their position?
Possible, but that position has to be a grind...