• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

AJ97

I hope that won't happen. Why would the creators emphasize the fight between G-max Pikachu and G-max Charizard, if it were to be like your script?
Anyway, I think G-max Pikachu should beat G-max Charizard on his own. If the Charizard is weakened beforehand by Satoshi's other Pokémon, then for me the competition between the yellow mouse and the orange reptile will make no sense.
The creators have never really emphasized the fight between G-Max Pikachu and G-Max Charizard. They emphasize the fight between Pikachu v Charizard and Ash/Leon.

1) Ash has been struggling with G-Max Pikachu with quite a long time now and one of Pikachu's greatest asset is its speed which the G-Max ruins. Plus, Leon has far more experience with G-Max and we've seen him essentially dominate fights after G-Maxed against other Master Class Trainers. Wouldn't make sense for Ash and Pikachu to jump to a level playing field with Leon in this regard especially when Pikachu's greatest asset, its speed is taken away from it.

2) Ash's Pikachu has not really taken up the ace Spot on Ash's team like Greninja, Infernape or Charizard. Even now as strong as Pikachu is, it's never really shown to be a cut above the rest of his team and considering the fact that Ash would be battling the ace of the Strongest Trainer in the World, it would only make sense for Ash to have a similar Ace Pokemon that Stands out like that.

Finally, if Ash did beat Leon in a 1v1/ Pikachu versus Charizard, that would essentially make Pikachu the Next Leon/Charizard level OP status which I just don't see happening.

I think something like this will make Ash's win far more believable but more importantly, it still doesn't necessarily make him super OP even if he wins the PWC. If Ash's Pikachu solo'd Leon's Charizard, then that would mean the only Trainers who can Put up a fight against Ash's Pikachu (Which will always be with him), are trainers with Pokemon as strong as Leon's Charizard. But having Ash use strategy and skill to win the fight versus only Brute force/Power, his Pikachu will be a lot less OP and it would be a lot more easier to bring in Opponents for Ash for 1v1 and make the series on the whole feel more consistent.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Diantha is splendid. She needs to be in the PWC imo

AJ97

I want 10MV over Gmax Pikachu but if it does happen there really NEEDS to be an episode where Ash acknowledges Gmax Pikachu doesn't suit Pikachu well and that's why he's going with Gengar
Yeah.
One way they could accomplish this is to have Ash lose against Leon with G-Max Pikachu during an initial battle and then maybe then have a rematch for the PWC title where he surprises the audience and Leon, by not using G-Max as he realized that it simply does not suit Pikachu.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I want 10MV over Gmax Pikachu but if it does happen there really NEEDS to be an episode where Ash acknowledges Gmax Pikachu doesn't suit Pikachu well and that's why he's going with Gengar
That’s certainly an interesting approach versus Satoshi overcoming or working around the limitations Kyodaimax forces Pikachu into. Dande is unbeatable in Galar because of Kyodaimax so maybe circumstances force the Kyodaimax to run out and Pikachu can then have a full on final finish with Lizardon and win Satoshi the whole thing.

AJ97

Tbh Leons plot armor is as thick as Alains.
Why?
While all battles in the series are determined via plot armor, Ash beating Alain would've been far more plot armor for Ash versus the other way around.

At least logically, Ash had a Froakie when Alain had a fully evolved Charizard with Mega Evolution and was already Challenging Elite Four Members and then later, got strong enough to hold is own against a Regional Champion in a serious battle.
Furthermore, Ash Greninja's highest feat before battling Alain was defeating Sawyers Mega Sceptile (A Good Trainer but someone still fairly inexperienced and below Ash) and its only other noteworthy actual battle was against Wolfric's Mega Abomosnow.

Alain's Charizard's highest feat was it being the only Non Regional Champion owned Pokemon, that defeated an Elite four member's Pokemon in an actual battle. Other than that, he's battled and defeated over 20 Mega Evolutions, probably blitzed through all the Gyms with Charizard and he more or less did the same in the Pokemon League until Ash where he kept blitzing through battles with mostly charizard.

Logically, Alain's Charizard was far more experienced and skill compared to Ash Greninja.
Again, while logic has no place in the anime and battles are dictated by plot, Ash Greninja losing against Alain's Charizard X is as logical as it can possibly get.

Why?
While all battles in the series are determined via plot armor, Ash beating Alain would've been far more plot armor for Ash versus the other way around.

At least logically, Ash had a Froakie when Alain had a fully evolved Charizard with Mega Evolution and was already Challenging Elite Four Members and then later, got strong enough to hold is own against a Regional Champion in a serious battle.
Furthermore, Ash Greninja's highest feat before battling Alain was defeating Sawyers Mega Sceptile (A Good Trainer but someone still fairly inexperienced and below Ash) and its only other noteworthy actual battle was against Wolfric's Mega Abomosnow.

Alain's Charizard's highest feat was it being the only Non Regional Champion owned Pokemon, that defeated an Elite four member's Pokemon in an actual battle. Other than that, he's battled and defeated over 20 Mega Evolutions, probably blitzed through all the Gyms with Charizard and he more or less did the same in the Pokemon League until Ash where he kept blitzing through battles with mostly charizard.

Logically, Alain's Charizard was far more experienced and skill compared to Ash Greninja.
Again, while logic has no place in the anime and battles are dictated by plot, Ash Greninja losing against Alain's Charizard X is as logical as it can possibly get.
That’s true but Greninja was seen as “super powerful unknown bond phenomenon” and that’s why it would have also been logical for Greninja to win

D

Deleted member 384931

The Hyper class system is kinda weird. I mean you could have to battle a very strong trainer like Satoshi did with Volkner, who is waaay above you in the ranking.

AJ97

That’s true but Greninja was seen as “super powerful unknown bond phenomenon” and that’s why it would have also been logical for Greninja to win
Well, the fact that it actually went toe to toe against Alain's Charizard for a fairly even battle despite its inexperience, already highlights the power boost given to Greninja (Because of it being super powerful, unknown bond phenomenon etc).

That said, the very likely reason they had Ash lose the Kalos league is because, the Sun and Moon Games were coming out and they wanted to Proceed with the next session of the Anime alongside this. If they had Ash win the league, then they would've had to address the Champions League, explain what happens after and have an entire episode on Ash battling at least 1 elite four member, after all the Team Flare arc.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
What actually happened was that Greninja secretly betted against Ash for the finals, so he feinted the loss against Charizard.

Squishy and his cousin were in on it too, and they used to the excuse of ridding Kalos of the vines to release Greninja from Ash's party.

After that, they went ahead and collected their winnings and enjoy a luxurious life.
5qvp64.jpg

Jers745

I dont know :p
I still feel that the Volkner WCS battle is a waste... Could've been Flint instead... At least it would be a more realistic step towards beating the likes of Cynthia, Leon, Lance, etc...
Would JN team even be able to beat it? I sincerely doubt it. You can make a pass for volkner as he was still a gym leader (even though he was at E4 level) so i think it was a good idea narratively

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Would JN team even be able to beat it? I sincerely doubt it. You can make a pass for volkner as he was still a gym leader (even though he was at E4 level) so i think it was a good idea narratively
Volkner being a GL outside Galar and a leftover of Ash is the problem especially 2 of the mons used were already beaten by Ash mons (makes the team more leftover looking than an upgraded one)...

The writers can easily make the team beat Flint in an extreme difficulty battle (especially Ash used a Z-move)... At least it would be a realistic step towards battling at that level instead of a huge leap...

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Its a fossil do we remember the times those could literally destroy cities because of sprouts of anger. Also iris is a new champion and the weakest of the group
It’s an abomination that never even existed and shouldn’t even be breathing unless underwater.

But the point was, with ash already taking down a champion with a new pokemon they clearly don’t really care about the pre-conceived ‘power levels’ of trainers.