• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I imagine Tomiyasu will pull strings for the Dande battle to look good. It'd be really nice if they took Iwane out of the rotation so that he could spent three months on an episode for the Dande battle. Iwane normally spends six weeks on an episode and his Mega Evolution specials had two months for him to toy around with so giving him an extra five weeks on top of that would probably help him produce his best episode.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Heck plus think how it would look for Leon to still be World Champion after he lost to Ash just because Ash refused the title.
THIS. Leon in the games gets something of a breakdown after being beaten because he didn't know what it was to lose until PC beat him. Ash defeating him is likely to give him a similar epiphany and help expose a little flawed side of his

D

Deleted member 384931

There is literally no reason to think Ash would turn down the title of World Champion if he defeats Leon, especially since becoming World Champion doesn’t prevent him from traveling.

Look just because he doesn’t specifically say that he wants to be World Champion doesn’t mean he is going to reject the title if he beats Leon.

If anything if he beats Leon in the PWC but then rejects the title of World Champion then that would practically be an insult to everyone in the PWC that has tried to beat Leon and get to that position.

Heck plus think how it would look for Leon to still be World Champion after he lost to Ash just because Ash refused the title.
I know right lol. Indeed it doesnt prevent him from travelling, but he has to go to the Wydon Stadium once in a while to defend his title

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I imagine Tomiyasu will pull strings for the Dande battle to look good. It'd be really nice if they took Iwane out of the rotation so that he could spent three months on an episode for the Dande battle. Iwane normally spends six weeks on an episode and his Mega Evolution specials had two months for him to toy around with so giving him an extra five weeks on top of that would probably help him produce his best episode.
Tbh even when he's lately been taking more episodes between appearances, Iwane still has been feeling....not exactly lacking, but still noticeably weaker than he used to be

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh even when he's lately been taking more episodes between appearances, Iwane still has been feeling....not exactly lacking, but still noticeably weaker than he used to be
Maybe he is getting older or lost his groove?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Maybe he is getting older or lost his groove?
He does do some stuff on twitter/youtube and it's great, so I'm guessing it's more due to either time constraints or maybe not being allowed as many drawings per episode as before

D

Deleted member 384931

He does do some stuff on twitter/youtube and it's great, so I'm guessing it's more due to either time constraints or maybe not being allowed as many drawings per episode as before
Maybe too expensive? Animation is expensive in general.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Iwane seems to still be keeping busy in his spare time, so I don't think the issue is his own skills so much as the production isn't allowing him to go all-out. I don't get the sense that Iwane is actually spending extra time on his episodes, his episodes are simply not being aired five or six weeks into the rotation like they used to be. There's no difference between his work now and his work earlier in the series.

Pocket Monsters (2019) has in general has lack the ferocity of the animation in Sun & Moon. The series seems to be undergoing some production issues that are keeping it very conservative. I'm not really sure what those issues are but I imagine they're leaving Iwane with spare time to do his own YouTube tutorials now instead of just spending extra time on the series.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Get him away from animation director duties and I'll be happy with whatever he puts out.

He's got one of the most unique looks on the series. The series needs less conformity and more personality from the animation.

They really need to take Yasuda off of chief animation duties and let him just oversee one of the episodes in the rotation personally. He'd then be able to focus on animation of his own.

D

Deleted member 384931

It would feel incomplete without reserves, lets just say that.

LucasMV

Pocket Monsters (2019) has in general has lack the ferocity of the animation in Sun & Moon. The series seems to be undergoing some production issues that are keeping it very conservative. I'm not really sure what those issues are but I imagine they're leaving Iwane with spare time to do his own YouTube tutorials now instead of just spending extra time on the series.
I recently rewatched the battles Ash and Kiawe had against Misty and Brock in SM, and indeed I felt the animation was much more fluid and dynamic than in JN.
Not to mention in XY where they didn't have the still image background (like putting some color background instead of the real one in some attacks) and the animation also felt a lot better.
I don't get why current gen Pokemon battles look worse than the past 2 gens battles. Wonder if they get less budget now or if they have just made a really poor choice of animation.

D

Deleted member 384931

I recently rewatched the battles Ash and Kiawe had against Misty and Brock in SM, and indeed I felt the animation was much more fluid and dynamic than in JN.
Not to mention in XY where they didn't have the still image background (like putting some color background instead of the real one in some attacks) and the animation also felt a lot better.
I don't get why current gen Pokemon battles look worse than the past 2 gens battles. Wonder if they get less budget now or if they have just made a really poor choice of animation.
I wouldnt be surprised if they got less budget than they used to

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I wouldnt be surprised if they got less budget than they used to
It could be a number of factors, including budget. If I remember correctly, there is also a high demand for animators right now, and studios are struggling to attract/retain talent. Or at least that was the impression I got from other conversations here.

D

Deleted member 384931

It could be a number of factors, including budget. If I remember correctly, there is also a high demand for animators right now, and studios are struggling to attract/retain talent. Or at least that was the impression I got from other conversations here.
I would think the name "pokemon" would attract alot of talent