• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Ash's opponent could have some scheduled business in Alola same time they have their PWC match so for convenience sake they have there.
What if Mohn somehow returns to Alola, does not remeber much but somehow decides to taka place in PWC?

Or Guzma decides to start using Z-moves?

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
What if Mohn somehow returns to Alola, does not remeber much but somehow decides to taka place in PWC?

Or Guzma decides to start using Z-moves?
Well Guzma can participate with or without Z-moves. As for Mohn his priority would be getting his life back together with his family.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Well Guzma can participate with or without Z-moves. As for Mohn his priority would be getting his life back together with his family.
Even if he has amnestia like in the games?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Satoshi already proved he’s the mightiest trainer in Alola and Kaki is focusing on being an Island King. I kind of dig Alola’s chill vibe of not giving a crap about the PWC and being so commercialized that it would attract literal celebrity level trainers like Dande. Alola has the most unique culture in regards to Pokémon and their connection to the humans and environments of all the regions - being based on Hawaii, I’m glad it retains that by not falling in line with other regions values.

That being said Illima participated in Kalos League, Ryuki runs a KAAAAAAAAaaaaannnnttooooo gym copy and I think they have a few more obscure non-debuted trainers to fall back on but SM was really good about debuting all its characters from the games.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Because the plot will need a reason why a PWC match is taking in Alola when Ash's opponent is not from Alola.
I mean it's not that much of a stretch if we take into consideration the fact that for some strange reason Ash vs Bea took place at Chuck's Gym.

It would be actually nice if the battle takes place on the Alola League Stadium and in the meantime we will learn who is the new Alola Champion (if there is a new one, of course)

DuskAstral

It would be actually nice if the battle takes place on the Alola League Stadium and in the meantime we will learn who is the new Alola Champion (if there is a new one, of course)
As far as I know, to become a Champion you have to beat the current one. Satoshi was not called to defend the title so he did not lose his title.

ShadowForce720

it is logical that there will be another champion if there is another league
You know if they don’t have Ash battle a character from Alola in the PWC, then it would be kind of neat if we got to see him defend his title in Alola.

It would be even cooler if it wound up being Kiawe that challenges him for the title finally giving us that proper Ash vs Kiawe match we missed out on in the previous series.

Eevee97

Well it all depends in how Satoshi ranks up if he wins against Marnie:

-If he jumps 20 ranks up, he is 16
-If he jumps 28 ranks up,he is 8
-If he jumps 10 ranks up, he is 26

While some ppl may think 20 is farfetched for a one vs one battle, in the Hyper Class, may I remind you,we had more ridiculous jumps in the Great Class vs Rinto and that Dozer guy.

So depending on his rank it could mean one or two more Hyper Class battles left. It all depends on how long they want to Hyper Class to be stretched out.

Master Pikachu 11

While some ppl may think 20 is farfetched for a one vs one battle, in the Hyper Class, may I remind you,we had more ridiculous jumps in the Great Class vs Rinto and that Dozer guy.

So depending on his rank it could mean one or two more Hyper Class battles left. It all depends on how long they want to Hyper Class to be stretched out.
If he wins I expect him to end up in the 20s range

Ryker101

I am kinda disappointed that this next match is still a 1v1 tho. After 2 3v3s back to back I figured that was the norm for hyper class

Hopefully the one after has more pokemon again

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

I'm hoping that Marnie is lower rank than him, so if he wins he only shoots up like 3-5 ranks.