• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Given this current series' flexibility, Gen. 9 shouldn't even matter, they can just make Ash and Goh some missions on the next region for a more proper and smooth transition...

How more can you delay this tournament?

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Given this current series' flexibility, Gen. 9 shouldn't even matter, they can just make Ash and Goh some missions on the next region for a more proper and smooth transition...
Gen 9 will most likely have a Champion of it's own, so there will be a new one who needs to be hyped.
Leon will be old news by then.

DuskAstral

I don't need to dream about what will be announced in two days
The only thing that will be announced is the DLC for "Legends: Arceus". It is too early for the 9th generation.
The hype around "BDSP" and "LA" hasn't subsided yet, so the next big game this year is a shot in the knee.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Rank 15 because Gen 9 is this year
It sure feels like they're rushing for an ending. Ash now 15 out of 8(He barely ever lost and got his progress back OFFSCREEN!), the rest of the Eeveelutions getting clustered together... I mean if gen 9 isn't coming this year then why they rushing? There's literally no excuse for it

If Ash actually wins this thing, it's going to feel like a complete joke. I hope Cynthia just wipes the floor with him and takes the crown for herself(It should be hers in the first place) and then Ash/Leon just have a friendly battle to close it off, Cynthia will always be relevant given her popularity so if they keep this as Ash's goal then she'd be a more acceptable endgame than the flavor of the generation.

I was initially doubtful about gen 9 happening this year due to the pandemic but now I'm actually starting to get suspicious...

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It sure feels like they're rushing for an ending. Ash now 15 out of 8(He barely ever lost and got his progress back OFFSCREEN!), the rest of the Eeveelutions getting clustered together... I mean if gen 9 isn't coming this year then why they rushing? There's literally no excuse for it

If Ash actually wins this thing, it's going to feel like a complete joke. I hope Cynthia just wipes the floor with him and takes the crown for herself(It should be hers in the first place) and then Ash/Leon just have a friendly battle to close it off, Cynthia will always be relevant given her popularity so if they keep this as Ash's goal then she'd be a more acceptable endgame than the flavor of the generation.

I was initially doubtful about gen 9 happening this year due to the pandemic but now I'm actually starting to get suspicious...
They don't really need to end for Gen 9. They're no longer bound by the new games anymore and can do whatever they want.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The hype around "BDSP" and "LA" hasn't subsided yet, so the next big game this year is a shot in the knee.
> implying there's hype around BDSP.

Ash is only like 1 battle away from the tournament, usually signifying the climax of a series. Unless they plan to go the awful Best Wishes route and do a year of filler to end on. That wouldn't actually surprise me. Ash's goal hasn't really been a story priority.

DuskAstral

Ash is only like 1 battle away from the tournament, usually signifying the climax of a series. Unless they plan to go the awful Best Wishes route and do a year of filler to end on.
I wouldn't be surprised. Satoshi's PWC matches are so rare that this thread is unlikely to end soon.

Ultra Beast Lover

Even if Ash does get to the rank he needs to get to, they might do a filler arc in between then and the big match then afterwards do another filler arc. If we're lucky, one or both arcs will be good.

Red and Blue

I still think Ash could have a loss or two in Hyper Class to help out pad some time. There is still time for Bede and of Wallace is participating in the PWC he could knock Ash down a few spots

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I still think Ash could have a loss or two in Hyper Class to help out pad some time. There is still time for Bede and of Wallace is participating in the PWC he could knock Ash down a few spots

Wallace seems to be a contest guy. Bede? Could be the last one to enter in the last class or don't even appear.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I don't think it's necessary for Ash to lose any Hyper Class matches to pad out time when we have all bunch of things from Crown Tundra, Legends: Arceus, and whatever next DLC they release that adds the remaining unobtainable Pokémon.

But I still believe will have a PWC match in Alola for the sake of having a PWC battle in every region that Ash has been to.