• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

ssquaderi

It would be so anticlimactic if Ash fought Diantha of all people instead of Lance in Top 8 though.

If Ash does face Diantha, hopefully Ash-Greninja will get to show off against Gardevoir

ssquaderi

Okay, just realised, all other trainers Ash will supposedly meet/face in the Ultra and Master Rank are all adults, is it not weird or will they not make it a big thing that a 10 year old Ash Ketchum is amongst them?

Will we finally see a time skip before the Master Rank where Ash ages 5 years before he enters the Master 8?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Okay, just realised, all other trainers Ash will supposedly meet/face in the Ultra and Master Rank are all adults, is it not weird or will they not make it a big thing that a 10 year old Ash Ketchum is amongst them?

Considering we've seen dozens of powerful Trainers around Ash's age or slightly older, no.

Also, this week's episode literally stated that "there are no 'kids' or 'adults' among Pokemon Trainers". Age is irrelevant.

Will we finally see a time skip before the Master Rank where Ash ages 5 years before he enters the Master 8?

Ignoring the fact that a timeskip is incredibly unlikely to happen, you do realize that if Ash were to age, this would be a different World Championship, right?

Garvit74

Here's my bracket if what I think is going to happen.

There's 8 elite trainers. We know 3 of them (Lance, Leon and now Raihan)

The 8 trainers that I have in mind: With there seeding in a hypothetical manner
Lance (3rd Seed)
Steven (4th Seed)
Cynthia (2nd Seed)
Alder (6th Seed)
Diantha (5th Seed)
Ash Ketchum (8th Seed)
Leon (1st Seed)
Raihan (7th Seed)
______
I have some matchups that I do want to see.

Side A
Quarters
Ash (8th) vs Diantha (5th)
Cynthia (2nd) vs Lance (3rd)

Semis
Ash (8th) vs Cynthia (2nd)
-------
Side B
Quarters
Alder (6th) vs Steven (4th)
Raihan (7th) vs Leon (1st)

Semis
Steven (4th) vs Leon (1st)

Finals
Ash (8th) vs Leon (1st)

It's being built that the finals are that. Ash vs Leon. Everything in between is just second from the primary objective and that's getting there, as Ash would have to go through his 2 Champion mentors through there guidance and efforts brought him here. Cynthia in my opinion is the most influential person in Ash's career and Diantha (much better in the anime vs games by the way just my opinion) instilling the reassurance of his skills and trust in his experience. Having them back to back would show Ash as the most compelling for everyone involved.

Ash's side of the conference is the hardest of the two sides. Only because of the Champions advantage and he's able to navigate his way through the conference easier vs Ash's who's in a steep side of the conference.
I Think Tobias will be better in place of elder as Tobias has the history with Ash Ketchum

Shirona or Daigo seem like candidates to battle him. It'll probably be the former since she's so popular and we've seen a lot of Gablias merchandise lately, which might tie into Shirona appearing in the next few months.
That's likely but I somehow find it hard to see Cynthia challenging someone not to forget losing to that person as well. Throughout DP we saw her obliterate people, more than any other champion. But that might just be me. Lance losing to Leon was also sort of weird to me.

Problem is, most of the fanbase still remember him and are very salty about Ash losing to him, because it seemed Ash was almost winning the Sinnoh League. Same for Alain and Kalos.

Aren't you forgetting someone. There's one other trainer which the fanbase detest.

Off Topic: I was going through Lance's Bulbapedia page and it said that Lance is no longer the champion of Kanto. He was referred to as an Elite Four Member in his latest appearance. Are they following the Kanto games now where Lance is just an E4 member? Regardless of Lance's position, who is the Champion of Indigo League now?

Leonhart

Imagineer
BabaVanga said:
It would be so anticlimactic if Ash fought Diantha of all people instead of Lance in Top 8 though.

I think he'd be more likely to battle Wataru since he's more popular than Carnet from what I've seen. I wouldn't look forward to Satoshi versus Carnet round two considering what happened last time.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'd like to see Ash battle Diantha with A-G again, but I think Ash battling Lance to take his place as Kanto's strongest trainer is more likely to happen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
JustAStatistic said:
I'd like to see Ash battle Diantha with A-G again, but I think Ash battling Lance to take his place as Kanto's strongest trainer is more likely to happen.

Considering how close the battle was the last time that Satoshi faced Carnet, it would be a little boring from my viewpoint if Satoshi used Gekkouga against Carnet once again.

MegaSalamence05

I'm only against Ash vs Lance is because of one reason.

If Ash faces Lance and wins would he become the representative of Kanto and Alola or just Alola. (Alola needs a representative in this tournament and Ash fills that void as the Regions Champion)

I only want to see Ash vs Diantha in a full battle as we only know Diantha has Mega Gardevoir.

Lance has a Dragonite, Red Gyarados and a possible Regular Gyarados. Probably another Charizard. I just want to see more variety.

D

Deleted member 384931

Actually isnt it odd we dont know more than one pokemon of each champion (except Ash)