• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Maybe the 4 Gym Leaders (Nessa, Allister, Bea, & Raihan) that serve as a pseudo E4 in SwSh will act as future opponents for Ash? I really hope they don’t skip out on the Galar Gym Leaders and find some way to put them in the show

ssquaderi

I hope Ash meeting Raihan will make him learn that Galar has gyms which makes him periodically go to Galar and battle a gym whenever he has time off

ShadowForce720

I hope Ash meeting Raihan will make him learn that Galar has gyms which makes him periodically go to Galar and battle a gym whenever he has time off

That would seem kind of redundant as there is no reason why they couldn’t have Ash face them in the PWC. Look I get that some people are used to Ash challenging the gyms.

However as it’s already been established that gym leaders can be part of the PWC there isn’t a need for Ash to do the Gym Challenge when he can just face them in the PWC instead.

Mew29240

I feel like it'd be better if he just battles a handful of them in the upper tiers, with Raihan being his ticket into the Master Ball Class. That way, we can see some of the more popular Gym Leaders at their best and Ash can still improve on his ranking (or lower it) as he goes through them.

We don't need to go through all of them either.

Egakor

Why should he do Gym Challenge at this point? He doesn't need badges anymore. He could just battle Gym Leaders in PWC.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ssquaderi said:

If he'd battle some of the Galar Gym Leaders to increase his ranking, then that would be great, but I wouldn't see the point of him challenging the Gyms there during his time off since that won't progress his goal. It'd be nice to see Rurina, Yarrow, and a lot of the other Gym Leaders, but realistically they could appear outside of their Gyms.

dman_dustin

Here's a long list of who I want Ash to fight. Will they happen? No. But Here's hoping, I'll also explain my reasoning.

Gym Leaders:
Kanto:
Forrest- While its not Brock, I feel like this would be the next best thing, so Ash can have a decent battle with a rock type trainer (and by that I mean around 8th gym badge level rather than the 1st gym level).
Lt. Surge- Only because it would be interesting to see what a rematch would look like. Perhaps have it be a 3 on 3 with Ash winning again, to affirm that him winning the last time wasn't a fluke
Sabrina- Only because it would be nice to see the Haunter from before (as a Gengar), if they completely ignore it that's fine, a proper battle with Sabrina at least, please.
Erika- Proper battle like the others, though I won't be too broken up if it never happens.
Why not Misty? Sun and Moon was perfect for Ash beating Misty with Pikachu against her Mega Gyarados they don't need to battle again, though I wouldn't oppose it, but only if Pikachu loses to Mega Gyarados this time.
Giovanni- I would really like to see Ash battling Giovanni, I can imagine him actually being the strongest gym leader of all regions even including Galar with the obvious exception of Raihan (unless of course the Galar gym leaders are viewed as Elite Four level).
Janine- I just want Ash to fight Janine. This the one I want the most, because it would actually introduce her into the anime.

Johto:
Jasmine- Would be nice to see her with potentially new steel types to battle against Ash
Chuck- Bayleef bodied his Pokemon so I would like to see Ash struggling against him
Clair- A rematch with Clair would be nice.
Pryce- The last battle ended in Pryce forfeiting, I didn't really like that they just didn't want Piloswine to lose, this time I want a clearer loss.

Hoenn:
Wattson- Ash killed him in their first battle, and Manectric killed Torkoal in their 2nd match, I would like Wattson and Ash to have a competent battle where Ash actually wins. It would be especially interesting plot point if Wattson and Lt. Surge know each other.
Flannery- I could just say simply because....Flannery but I kind of would like to see her battle as a MUCH better gym leader
Tate and Liza- Not necessarily part of PWC, but I would like to see a rematch, with this time not using questionable anime tactics. Or maybe Tate & Liza could be an exception to PWC in that they qualify as ONE rank just to spice things up for challengers.
Winona?- Shiny Swellow?

Sinnoh:
Gardenia- Would be interesting just to see a rematch between them, and on top of that get James involved and we can either see Cacnea or Cacturne again
Crasher Wake- Ash killed Crasher Wake the first time, I want at least a 2 vs 2 match where Crasher Wake gets justice by knocking out ONE of Ash's Pokemon.
Volkner- This time I would like to see Volkner go all out. Yes that would include.......Raichu and with Lt. Surge that might seem redundant to have a third Raichu battle or even a 4th, I'd still like Volkner to be near Elite Four level and challenge Ash.

Unova:
Drayden- Because Ash never battle him before
Marlon- Because it wasn't Ash who battled him last time.
Cheren- A proper battle with Ash winning.

Kalos:
Korrina- Already confirmed but to add to this. Korrina truthfully is the only Kalos gym leader I want to see Ash battling. Only because I feel satisfied with how XY and XY&Z went that I really don't need to see the other trainers.

Alola: No gym leaders exist, and even if I qualified Kahunas, I'll just save those for general region characters

Galar- I want to say all 12 of them (yes including trainers like Bede and Marnie and yes qualifying them as Gym Leaders) my only issue of course I doubt Ash will battle all of them thus I'll list the ones I want the most: Nessa, Kabu, Allister (over Bea), Melony, Piers and Raihan but even then that's too much probably

Rivals: I'll just list rivals over the region for this section

Ritchie (over Gary): While I would like Ash to battle Gary this season, I don't want it to be as a PWC challenger. I want a rematch with Ritchie so Ash wins.
Casey: Despite doing gyms, Casey was replaced with Macey at the Silver Conference........for some reason, so I would like Casey to come back and have a true battle, maybe a culmination of all she learned and being able to put Ash in a corner, and hey maybe Ash will remember Beedrill.
Paul: I would like these two to duke it out at their full power and at their best. I fully expect Paul to have some 5 or 6 generation Pokemon at his side. Ash will win of course but it would be nice to see Paul acknowledging Ash as a really great trainer a lot more than the end of Sinnoh. I fully expect Paul to tease Ash about Tobias though.
Tobias- Full battle rematch, Ash uses his old Pokemon with some of his new Pokemon (like Dragonite/Gengar) and Ash thwomps Tobias into the ground and Tobias screams and cries about how he's finally been knocked down a pin. LOL, mostly kidding about that, but Ash beating Tobias would be neat.
Bianca- BECAUSE ASH DESERVED A PROPER BATTLE WITH HER. That is all.
Sawyer- I'm curious to see how a rematch would fair between these two. What new Pokemon would Sawyer have in comparison to Ash's new team.
Alain- If Alain comes back as a PWC opponent, I'm fine with Ash-Greninja showing up. It doesn't need to be a full battle, a 3 vs 3 battle would just be fine with Ash finally defeating Alain. To make it clear, I want this to happen in the Kalos region, and Greninja senses Ash and joins Ash for this battle, depending on Sobble's level, I could see some really cool dynamic between the two. Whether Greninja stays with Ash to rest at Sakuragi lab until certain moments I don't care, but I don't think its right to have a battle with Alain again without Ash-Greninja finally defeating Alain's Mega Charizard Y (LOL).
Alola?- I don't see anyone in Alola coming back to be a PWC opponent that qualifies as a rival necessarily. It would either be Gladion or Kiawe, but I just doubt they would be PWC opponents, I think its too soon for them, Gladion because his father and Kiawe because I can't help but think he's too busy training under Olivia.
Anyone I missed? I don't really care about them, but maybe I forgot someone but assume I don't care about them

Elite Four- While I could say I would like Ash to battle all the Elite Four member let's be realistic......not happening, instead I'll choose my favorites (again I'll list characters over regions for this)
Agatha- Only because I would really like to see Ash's Gengar beat Agatha's Gengar, if not then Pikachu can win in the rematch between the two.
Lorelei- To make up for the stupid Prima dub thing
Karen (over Will)- I think it would be interesting for Ash to fight a really tough Dark type trainer, would be probably useful for Lucario and potentially Inteleon
Phoebe- I know I know, I'd just would like Phoebe to appear.
Drake- Because Ash battled him before and lost, how about a proper conclusion with Ash winning.
Bertha- Rematch though I honestly have hard time believing Bertha would care about the PWC. Would be nice to see Bertha acknowledge as a true potential trainer rather than mocking him for only having 7 gym badges (despite Ash actually having MORE than that).
Flint- Rematch purposes
Caitlin- Because she already showed up. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Shauntel and Grimsley but GEEZ we already have enough type coverage, plus this makes up not choosing Will or Lucian.
Malva & Siebold- While I have nothing wrong with Wilkstrom or Drasna, and I would be okay with Wilkstrom showing up, but to be fair, Malva and Siebold battling Ash would be more exciting in my opinion, if only because they are already canon, while we never saw the other two. I feel like in this instance (and only this instance) canon over implied canon. Though Wilkstrom did show up in a movie though.

Champions- Choosing my favorites for this, it's hard to say if Ash will battle all of the champions even as a practice battle (like Diantha/Alder)
Cynthia- For obvious reasons, if it's not obvious then to explain its because she has the most connection to Ash OVER all other champions, and while it will be hard to envision Ash beating Cynthia, when she curbstomped Paul, I'd still like Ash to battle Cynthia.
Steven- Only because he was redeemed as a character in the XY&Z arc, and got a better role. It's a shame he doesn't remember Ash or it was overlooked back then, but at the least he should remember the events of the Kalos region.
Lance- To see if Lance remembers Ash and to actually have a battle with him
Leon & Raihan- Only because it's likely for them but not my favorites.

Random Characters- Characters I could envision being in the PWC and battling Ash while not properly qualifying other sections:

Silver- Make Silver canon, and have him with some kind of dynamic with the Team Rocket Trio, while also butting heads with his father Giovanni. Maybe Ash beating Silver will spurn Giovanni from getting revenge, which could lead into an Ash vs Giovanni fight, with Ash winning, it also might make it so Team Rocket trio are ordered to respect Ash and not to try to take his Pokemon for example, Though I'm sure this would fit a finale series (Ash ultimately being retired), but it would still be interesting.
Jimmy- While I would much prefer Ash's Quilava coming back and evolving and being the first MAIN Typhlosion to appear in the anime, I'd still like to see Ash battling Jimmy. And as much as I would like Marina, we'll stick with Jimmy for this.
Lyra- I would like to see Ash battling Lyra and having a serious battle with her. That would be cool.
Iris- As much as I dislike Iris I don't hate her enough to not want her to come back (she's still regarded as Ash's friend and companion, so I can't just pretend like that doesn't exist). I would like to see Iris's Dragonite reacting to Ash's Dragonite. Hopefully Iris comes back with a much less condescending attitude. By the way I do NOT want her with Garchomp.
Alexa- I want Alexa to have joined the PWC as part of her journalism career, and I want her to have excelled, only to have her be stopped by Ash as they focus on Alexa traveling with Ash. Maybe even Alexa finding out about Ash being the Alolan Champion and wanting to battle him at his fullest. Maybe Ash can bring back Noivern for this battle, since I hate that the writers neglected to bring that up during XY&Z, I would've loved for Alexa to meet Ash's Noivern. Also Ash beating Alexa could mean Alexa exits out of the PWC and writes her article on the subject, just figuring that's how she could join the PWC.
Professor Oak- As an absolute surprise to everyone, Professor Oak is ranked #13 and Oak shows off near Champion level strength. Oak explains its been awhile since he let loose, as an even bigger surprise, Oak uses Ash's strongest Oaked Pokemon. Ash loses of course though Pikachu did take out three of the powerful but weakned Pokemon, Ash quits his dream of becoming a Pokemon master, he and Pikachu set up an exotic flavor ice cream truck, and of course because of Pikachu's insistence, Ketchup flavored ice cream, and their fate is never revealed to the audience as Professor Oak says "Oh well" while shrugging his shoulders. MOSTLY joking aside, it would still be cool if Professor Oak secretly was a strong PWC contender. bonus points if Oak helped found the PWC; April 10th, 2020, oh that's fine ignore this date, it's not important
Acerola- Come on now, we need an Ash vs Acerola fight
Kahlil- I would like to see Ash battling her would be nice.
Hapu- The only Kahuna I would like to see Ash have a rematch with, to be fair Hala would be a good choice, but I'm still having an issue seeing any Alola trainers being part of PWC outside of Acerola only so she and Ash can battle.

That's pretty much it, I'm sure there are others that I forgot or don't care about or that will actually happen instead of what I listed.

Again I don't expect there to be THIS many battles, LOL, but it would still be nice to see some of them. Like take Drayden, if he's the only Unova PWC challenger for example, I'd be fine with that because it would still be a dream match up. Sorry Marlon, but I would rather Ash battle Drayden than you. LOL.

Satopokebato

Well everyone talk about ash's strongest pokemon in each region. But what are his weakest pokemon in each region . Here is my listing.
Kanto- butterfree(it was released were early)
Jhoto-Maybe phanphy or totodile( noctowl redeemed itself in sinnoh)
Hoenn- torkoal ( corphish is also not very strong)
Sinnoh- gible ( it defeated Conway, but its whole arc was just about draco meteor)
Unova- literally all hosts team except pignite and krookodile
Kalos-Noivern(a cool pokemon badly fleshed out by writers)
Alola-Rowlet( as metmetal and naganadel showed up very late)

BabaVanga

Alain- If Alain comes back as a PWC opponent, I'm fine with Ash-Greninja showing up. It doesn't need to be a full battle, a 3 vs 3 battle would just be fine with Ash finally defeating Alain. To make it clear, I want this to happen in the Kalos region, and Greninja senses Ash and joins Ash for this battle, depending on Sobble's level, I could see some really cool dynamic between the two. Whether Greninja stays with Ash to rest at Sakuragi lab until certain moments I don't care, but I don't think its right to have a battle with Alain again without Ash-Greninja finally defeating Alain's Mega Charizard Y (LOL).
Please no, it's Mega Charizard X that deserves all the humiliation.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder how they will announce Ash if he comes in the top 8

Mew29240

I wonder how they will announce Ash if he comes in the top 8

They'll definitely note his current position as a Research Assistant with Professor Sukaragi, given that's what he's doing now. The Prof can't possibly ask for better publicity than his assistant being in the Top 8!.

I can see the announcers noting his young age (being an immortal 10 year old...). Maybe they'll say he's a prodigy or something? Given how long this series has been running, I'd find that hilarious.

They might reference his past league accomplishments, but most would honestly feel weak given what he'd be competing in now (Master Ball class). The Battle Frontier, Orange League, and Alola Leagues would be things they'd mention if they go down this route.

You could literally make legends out his adventures, though. For the most part, his encounters with legendary Pokmeon tend to go unnoticed by the public. If he makes it to the Master Ball tier in PWC, however, the reporters are going to want to dig into his history to find out more about him. If they find about the sheer amount of disasters/events he's been involved in, well...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's pretty much "Masara Town no Satoshi"/"Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town" as it's always been.

A bit mad they didn't show Ash's new rank after today's battle, all we know is Ash who was ranked 1512 beat Hashiba ranked 1024th. Since he won, I'm guessing both of them are at 1200-ish

Yeah, not showing the ranking seemed like a deliberate move. Maybe it will turn out he's like right on the edge between normal and super and needs one more battle to break through, so they wanted to save the exact ranking and that last battle as a premise for a different episode.

Or they just didn't bother because it didn't matter that much to what was going on lol