• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
They won't mention him as the first champion of Alola (who used a mythical, an ultra beast and defeated an island diety with a Pikachu), just like they never mentioned him for becoming champion of the Orange Islands, for his completion of the Battle Frontier, for his never ending list of high league placings or for using a Pokemon he freaking merged with whilst everyone else was pushing their standard mega evolutions..

He's not even recognised as being a champion whilst Leon is out here smashing down all other league champions..

ShadowForce720

They won't mention him as the first champion of Alola (who used a mythical, an ultra beast and defeated an island diety with a Pikachu), just like they never mentioned him for becoming champion of the Orange Islands, for his completion of the Battle Frontier, for his never ending list of high league placings or for using a Pokemon he freaking merged with whilst everyone else was pushing their standard mega evolutions..

He's not even recognised as being a champion whilst Leon is out here smashing down all other league champions..

Why on earth would he be recognized as Champion of Alola in other regions when the Alola League has only been recently formed.

Chances are since the Alola League is so new the word probably hasn’t really gotten out to the other regions. Plus Ash or Kukui could have easily told Delia and Oak about the Alola League and that’s how they new about it.

Look get some people want Ash’s achievements to be acknowledged and to some extent they probably will bring some of it up.

However let’s be honest when you tend to look at news coverage for tournaments after the tournament is over it almost never really gives attention to someone that came in a spot lower then 3rd. The ones that gets mentions are the winners and sometimes the ones that came and 2nd or 3rd place.

Also the Orange League while still a league was more of a local event in that it doesn’t really attract that much attention outside of the Orange Islands themselves. I mean most of the stuff you mentioned aren’t really that known about outside of their region.

Plus some of the stuff would make more sense to mention when Ash is in said region. Plus it’s not like Ash is known for bragging about his accomplishments like he did when he was a rookie.

You're not talking about Lance right? Because he's an E4 member and (at least at some point) a Regional Champion.

That's a couple of steps above the Jon Dicksons and Ash Ketchums of the Pokémon world.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You're not talking about Lance right? Because he's an E4 member and (at least at some point) a Regional Champion.

That's a couple of steps above the Jon Dicksons and Ash Ketchums of the Pokémon world.
We all know the strongest trainers are the silhoutted people in the Indigo League anyway. Leon's gonna get wrecked by that mysterious trio big time.

BlueDragonfangirl

Guess we gotta go through random characters of the day for a while till we reach characters we know are top official champions for real battles and wins.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Ash won easily against someone almost 500 ranks above him... I guess Ash is now around 1200s... His next fight would probably his last for the Normal Class?

I want to think that since Satoshi owns 30 Kentauros himself, that his recent battle against the Kentauros trainer was an easy win for him since he knows all about the species and what strategies the species tends to use in battles. I expect that Satoshi will be entering the next Class very soon, though.

tonikranjc

What do you think about this:

Season 1: Ash & Go travelling the world and capture Pokemon (Pokemon Go) and Ash starts his PWC quest. Finale is Go finally meeting Mew and deciding to go on his separate journey and becoming one of Ash's rivals, much like Sawyer. Ash gets into Super/Hyper rank and realises he needs to challenge trainers of bigger rank and thus decides to travel Galar.
Season 2 & 3: Ash meets new travel companions (maybe Koharu) and rivals (maybe they're saving Grookey for Hop, then Bede, Marnie, etc.), challenges all of Galar 's gyms and the finale would be him battling Raihan.
Season 4: Storyline with Rose and Pokemon World Championship Tournament.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I wouldn't complain if Ash used the Galar gym challenge to boost his way through the higher ranks of the World Championship.. however, I also wouldn't mind if they used Raboot's taste for battling as a way to get Go into the gym challenge whilst Ash focuses on the World Championship..

Either way I'd be happy because whilst Ash doing them would be cool, at least the second way would flesh out Go's character because right now, just seeing him toss Pokeballs at everything is really boring..

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't think that its too far off that Ash would also do the Galar gyms. It's great battle experience for his team AND its a good way for him to get a handle on Dynamaxing and Gigatamaxing.

Who knows, maybe it's Sonia that finally mentions them to him. Or even Raihan.

ShadowForce720

I don't think that its too far off that Ash would also do the Galar gyms. It's great battle experience for his team AND its a good way for him to get a handle on Dynamaxing and Gigatamaxing.

That feels redundant when he can just battle them in the PWC instead. Look I get that some people got use to Ash battling 8 gyms and entering the league but at this point when he can just battle the gym leaders in the PWC doing the gym challenge would just seem redundant.

Heck likely the reason why they are doing the PWC over the Gym Challenge is that PWC can happen I’m any region while the Galar Gym Challenge is to specific to Galar.

Mew29240

Why should Ash take the Gym Challenge when the writers could just have him battle the more popular ones in the PWC and at a higher power level?

With Raihan making it to the Master Ball class so quickly, he's definitely using a team he wouldn't against the average Gym Challenger.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
True but how will be practice Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing? Unless he goes to their gyms and battle them there anyway. He might as well get a badge as well.

ShadowForce720

True but how will be practice Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing? Unless he goes to their gyms and battle them there anyway. He might as well get a badge as well.

Not really as he can just have PWC battles when he is in Galar.He doesn’t need to do gyms as that would be redundant. Plus he can just use Max Raid Battles as practice and when some of his battles in Galar are at stadiums he can use Dynsmaxing and Gigantamaxing then.

Mew29240

I want to see a Dynamax/Gigantamax fall to a regular Pokemon at some point in this series. I get they're huge, but I don't want them to be always be "use your own or die" kind of situations.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ShinyCharyZard said:
I wouldn't complain if Ash used the Galar gym challenge to boost his way through the higher ranks of the World Championship..

I think it makes sense from a training perspective if Satoshi uses the Galar Gyms as a way to strengthen his team, but at the same time I personally think that his battles against other ranked trainers [which I'm beginning to suspect will happen in every other episode from now on] should theoretically be enough training.

Decidueye23

I think it makes sense from a training perspective if Satoshi uses the Galar Gyms as a way to strengthen his team, but at the same time I personally think that his battles against other ranked trainers [which I'm beginning to suspect will happen in every other episode from now on] should theoretically be enough training.

I think it would be great if they combined the galar gym challenge and PWC. Dynamax is possible only in galar, so ash can challenge all the gyms to train for dynamaxing, but these battles can be PWC battles with the oppenonets beung the gym leaders.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Wouldn’t throw the Galar Gym Leaders as redundant yet just because a few people find them so. Could easily seem them being incorporated in without taking focus away. That’s, at minimum, 8/10 (if they showcase all the Gyms) episodes of a ~140 series.