• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
The issue with two-parters is that there's boruto airing before pokémon and personally I'm not a fan of the whole "we get a one-hour this time, then go pre-empty for a week to "pay" for Boruto's lost week we used to get when it was Pokémon and naruto.

I remember the days when the Pokemon anime would go on break for a week so that Naruto could air a one-hour special during certain weeks, and while it did annoy me a little bit when the anime would have to go on break, I always found it unfair that some fans would blame Naruto even though Pokemon had just as many instances of one-hour specials as Naruto did back then. But I still don't think that COVID-19 will hurt the Pokemon World Championship subplot too much. I still expect Satoshi versus Kibana to happen once the production staff gets back to work, and Satoshi versus Dande round two is inevitable either way.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Blaming naruto is kind of silly. Even if I don't like the series (it doesn't appeal to me)

The things always seemed like a trade-off. Like naruto "asks" Pokémon to "lend" its slot for a 1-hour special and later naruto "gives" its slot to Pokémon when it wants a 1-hour special. Mostly a "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours"

Cradily19

Why do people think Misty/Brock would compete in the world championships? Brock is a doctor and not a trainer anymore, and it also doesn't seem like something Misty would be competing in. Also with the writers already using up Pikachu Vs. Mega Gyarados back in SM, it would feel redundant to see it again. I think the writers are actually kicking themselves because the whole Ash/Misty battle in SM really resembles the 1 on 1 battles we've gotten this saga.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why do people think Misty/Brock would compete in the world championships? Brock is a doctor and not a trainer anymore, and it also doesn't seem like something Misty would be competing in. Also with the writers already using up Pikachu Vs. Mega Gyarados back in SM, it would feel redundant to see it again. I think the writers are actually kicking themselves because the whole Ash/Misty battle in SM really resembles the 1 on 1 battles we've gotten this saga.
Yeah I don't really want to see this again if they do compete in the tournament. What I'd like to see if Ash vs Iris again and maybe have Ash vs Lillie as well with Lillie winning of course :D

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Rewatching DP, I saw that Paul got to fight all of Brandon’s Regis while Ash, while technically getting the chance, never defeated any of them except Regice. Would love if he came back with Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Regigigas, and the 2 new Regis. That’d be an interesting 6v6/Full Battle.

Would also be cool if Paul came back so we can see if he defeated Brandon as well as an obvious rematch with Ash.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Rewatching DP, I saw that Paul got to fight all of Brandon’s Regis while Ash, while technically getting the chance, never defeated any of them except Regice. Would love if he came back with Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Regigigas, and the 2 new Regis. That’d be an interesting 6v6/Full Battle.

Can Ash even beat a team full of legendaries?

D

Deleted member 384931

I dont think he will ever use a top six team. I can see him using the most ridiculous pokemon against a Legendary team. We are still talking about Ash Ketchum, with his odd tactics.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:

At this point I think he can, assuming that he uses his best Pokemon. But I don't think he'll ever face a trainer with a completely full team of Legendaries since I don't expect Takuto to return, and it's hard to imagine a new character showing up who's like him.

D

Deleted member 384931

Pikachu can defeat 3 legendaries at this point on its own

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It depends on what level they are.If they are higher E4, so far he cannot. If they are FB level or very low E4 lvl he can.Also,it depends on type like Mewtwo would solo entire Ash's team.

Pikachu would destroy like 3 Noland level Articuno.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If he uses his top six Pokemon(Peakachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja, Snorlax). I think he could.

Best dog Lycanroc wants to know your number.