• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

ShadowForce720

We'll need to see them first, if they ever will this time that is. If Torterra were to return, how about a moveset change first cause its current moveset was the definition of horsecrap.

Yeah, I think Leaf Storm is fine, as for the the other moves if it gets trapping move like Rock Tomb or Sand Tomb or some other move that restricts the opponents movements then Synthesis could work.

However if it doesn’t get a move that would allow it to use Synthesis without having to be worried about being attacked then it could replace Synthesis with Grassy Terrain or Protect.

It could also get a Ground type move like Bulldoze or Earth Power or Earthquake(if that move gets unbanned). Of course their still plenty of other moves to choose from.

Regardless though Rock Climb needs to be replace.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I would definitely want to see Rock Climb replaced with something better like a ground type move or Stone Edge. I'm happy with Leaf Storm, Energy Ball and Synthesis though..
Energy Ball's getting overused now, I'd rather not see it again. Leaf Storm definitely stays but Synthesis is questionable. Rock Climb? Rid it now. Go with something like Bulldoze or ofc Stone Edge since the animation for it is easy so it's not a problem.

nickdt

Energy Ball's getting overused now, I'd rather not see it again. Leaf Storm definitely stays but Synthesis is questionable. Rock Climb? Rid it now. Go with something like Bulldoze or ofc Stone Edge since the animation for it is easy so it's not a problem.

So you are claiming Energy Ball is overused, but then mention to go for Stone Edge (Which is even more overused than Energy Ball).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The attacks used really don't matter. It's an anime, not a video game, attacks don't have to work off of some weird mathematical system.

Agreed unless it's another Ash-birb getting Steel Wing or Brave Bird yet again. :rolleyes:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The attacks used really don't matter. It's an anime, not a video game, attacks don't have to work off of some weird mathematical system.
Though there's also rule of cool (on this case in regards to visuals coming from the attacks) and in general how the attacks could help the battle choreography

thunderblade12

It would be a huge waste to have a series set in all eight of the regions and not pay homage to Ash's journey through seven of those eight. Not only do I think he will use most of his pokemon that are in storage at some point, I think he might finally get his released pokemon back. Gengar and Dragonite were caught fully evolved for a reason I think. They're powerful already. They don't need a lot of time. For the most part I think that will be how the majority of Ash's new captures this series will be handled. He has Riolu that will almost certainly evolve into Lucario at some point. That'll be one they will take time to develop. Sobble/Grookey if he catches those also. but, for the most part, I think he'll catch things fully evolved. Even Galarian pokemon. I could see him getting Corviknight for example but he might just get Coriviknight as a Corviknight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
All the really popular champions and elite four members like Steven, Cynthia and whoever else. He'll beat them all to keep his win streak looking good so he can reach Leon in the final round.

I hadn't given much thought to Daigo appearing again since he already made his comeback in XY, but I suppose that him returning at the Pokemon World Championship would make sense. Hopefully we'd see him use his Bossgodora again and not just his Shiny Metagross.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
I would be very interested in him beating Agatha since she beat him back in BF so it would be really awesome to see that rematch

I'd rather see him re-battle Kanna just to see how much better he's gotten since he first met her, because he was rather arrogant back then, and he didn't even have control over Lizardon and had to rely on Kanna's Yadoran to control Lizardon's rampage.