• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

SatoSereFan224888

Pretty bold claim. Why would they waste our time especially after making Ash vs Leon part 2 so inevitable? The rematch has to happen at this point.
Well with the recent darkest day arc and reading some other posts where Rose is trying to rig battles against Ash, anything is possible. We will get Ash vs Leon part 2 but I feel it won’t be part of the World Championship.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well with the recent darkest day arc and reading some other posts where Rose is trying to rig battles against Ash, anything is possible. We will get Ash vs Leon part 2 but I feel it won’t be part of the World Championship.

Rose had nothing to do with PWC, and even if he did he's a wanted man on the run with all of his power gone.

Last edited:

Guy100

Well, the fact that Ash mentions early in this season that becoming a world champion does not equate to being a pokemon master is reassuring that he likely will defeat Leon and take the title as strongest trainer.

Also, the fact that mewtwo surmises that both Ash and Goh's journey has still just begun means Ash has quite a way to go before reaching his goal.

I'm just curious that if Ash becomes the world champion what other challenges would there be for him to partake in order to progress his learning as a pokemon trainer. Its been over 20 years and the anime still has not revealed how Ash is suppose to reach his goal of being a pokemon master.

At least Goh's goal is less vague and more straight foward. I sometimes feel that the anime staff have no clue of how Ash is suppose to be a pokemon master, which is why this goal is never put in the games.

My only theory of how Ash would accomplish his goal of becoming a master would be based on some prerequiste that a trainer must conquer 8 regional leagues and its elite four members and then complete some form of trainer ritual to be considered a Pokemon master.

If this is not the case, I simply cant imagine another form of method. I mean both the games and anime acknowlegde that the titel of pokemo master is real, my only theory to why the secret of becominig one is not revealed is because they needed to introduce more regions and champion tournaments.

But overall, I feel Ash will ultimately defeat Leon.

DuskAstral

My only theory of how Ash would accomplish his goal of becoming a master would be based on some prerequiste that a trainer must conquer 8 regional leagues and its elite four members and then complete some form of trainer ritual to be considered a Pokemon master.
Interesting theory, but I don't think it turns out to be true. There are more than 8 regions, and as for defeating the members of E4, Satoshi defeated some of them and it did not bring him closer to the title of Master Pokémon.

Guy100

Interesting theory, but I don't think it turns out to be true. There are more than 8 regions, and as for defeating the members of E4, Satoshi defeated some of them and it did not bring him closer to the title of Master Pokémon.
I only theorized the idea of a trainer needing to conquer 8 regional championship tournaments and its elite four members as a prerequisite to relate to how a trainer must conquer 8 gyms within a region in order compete in a regional league and challenge its elite four.

The anime had establish since gen 1 that there are more than 8 gyms within a regional area and trainers only need to collect 8 to compete in a regional tournament.

Also, Ash never defeated an elite four member and only won 1 regional tournament (Alola League). Even if he does eventually manage to defeat a member, possibly in the world tournament arc, it would not count as an official victory since he never conquered the regional league where they hailed from. I would figure that an official battle with an elite four member would be recognized once a trainer first defeats the regional league tournament of which an elite four member resides in which the trainer is given the honor or permission to challenge the region's elite four to an official match. Thats how the prerequiste it set in order to officially count a victory over them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
I think it’s looking more likely Ash won’t make the masters 8. I think something bad will happen to Ash which forces him to withdraw from the PWC.

Given that they've built up the World Championship for so long, I doubt that Satoshi would be forced to drop out even through a plot contrivance. I just don't think the writers would go for it especially if it would leave Satoshi without a goal.

SatoSereFan224888

Given the small emphasis the writers put into his goal, I wont be suprised if that happenes...
Yeah. My idea is that Ash collapses because he pushed himself too much and causes his body to quit on him or he gets the crap beaten out of him by Team Rocket leaving him severely injured. Let's say Team Rocket got mad he would never relinquish Pikachu to them so they go the extreme by shoving him into a rock which severely separates his shoulder then James locks in an arm-bar and snaps his arm bone in half.

Mew29240

Yeah. My idea is that Ash collapses because he pushed himself too much and causes his body to quit on him or he gets the crap beaten out of him by Team Rocket leaving him severely injured. Let's say Team Rocket got mad he would never relinquish Pikachu to them so they go the extreme by shoving him into a rock which severely separates his shoulder then James locks in an arm-bar and snaps his arm bone in half.

The writers would never put Ash in that situation, let alone have Team Rocket get that physical with him directly.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm sorry, but what kind of people do you think Team Rocket are? That's horribly out of character.

SatoSereFan224888

The writers would never put Ash in that situation, let alone have Team Rocket get that physical with him directly.
Well Team Rocket has mainly been portrayed as the main antagonists since the beginning. They've followed Ash every where so maybe Ash tells them to p**s off but that enrages them so they physically assault Ash.

I'm sorry, but what kind of people do you think Team Rocket are? That's horribly out of character.
They're mainly been the antagonists since the beginning of the anime. I think the anime needs to add some R-rated elements to get older fans who grew up watching the show to come back. Besides Team Rocket has gotten stale so I think Ash should have beaten the crap out of them long ago.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They're mainly been the antagonists since the beginning of the anime. I think the anime needs to add some R-rated elements to get older fans who grew up watching the show to come back.

So tired of this argument lmao, holy s***. It's 2020 and people still think like this.

This is a show for families/small children and always will be.

You want dark edgy s***? Watch something else.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:

You bring up very "interesting" scenarios, but this is better suited for a soap opera than an anime like Pokemon. Something like this would never happen, but my main problem with this scenario [aside from how unlikely it is] is that it barely has anything to do with the World Championship. So I'm not sure how the scenarios would tie together. If the writers wanted to interrupt Satoshi's World Championship goal at all, they would do so in a more believable and less convoluted fashion.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well Team Rocket has mainly been portrayed as the main antagonists since the beginning. They've followed Ash every where so maybe Ash tells them to p**s off but that enrages them so they physically assault Ash.

They're mainly been the antagonists since the beginning of the anime. I think the anime needs to add some R-rated elements to get older fans who grew up watching the show to come back. Besides Team Rocket has gotten stale so I think Ash should have beaten the crap out of them long ago.
This part of Serebii Forums is supposed to be talking about the pokemon anime, not about really stupid and violent delusions or fantasies that’ll never happen in a anime that’s supposed to be for mainly small children m8. Does Pokemon look like Naruto or One Piece to you?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

Please no. There's already a lot of R-Rated edgy stuff out there as is.

If you want an R-Rated Pokémon series I'd personally recommend Shadow Star: Narutaru

It's very dark and bleak, so it might be right up your alley