• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The rate with which Ash is climbing up the ranks, it wouldn't be surprising to see Gary and Iris in Master class lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if Goh became a finalist and beat Ash, even.

Ash is a better character than some anime fans give him credit for.
Um, he dropped out of school and almost opted for suicide by jumping down from a tower and into a volcano.

Yikes they really dropped the ball on the PWC. Its like they don't know what to do with Ash anymore and are only keeping him around as the main character because they have to.
I don't think this is the case, there are many things that Ash can do yet.

Challenge other leagues that he did not win, participate in the Champions League as Alola Champion, fight against countless new rivals in PWC.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

Leonhart

Imagineer
They better slow down Ash's rank when he breaks the top 100 because it's getting kinda ridiculous now. Where are all the strong trainers? Why haven't we seen Ash battle more Gym leaders either from Galar or more from older regions like Korrina?
I agree that it's a bit monotonous watching him battle COTDs most of the time. I'd rather see him challenge Galar Gym Leaders who haven't appeared yet, especially popular ones like Rurina. That said, I was pleasantly surprised that Satoshi beat Rinto since I was previously worried that Rinto would turn out to be a much bigger threat and possibly become the new Alan.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If I was you, I would keep complaining about whoever I want, and I would not respond to people who want to shut him up, just ignore these stupid trolls, no one can say what to do if you are following the rules
Arent you being passive agressive for no reason lmao, nice flaming
Anyway I think it was pretty clear my post meant how its tiring to hear the same Ash complaints everyday like how those same people find Goh complaints tiring, no one is trying to silence the complaints or claim they are invalid for them to have, simply we understand but repeating it over and over again gets annoying pretty soon. Should be obvious for anyone with a slight reading comprehension

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
The writers and producers obviously wants Ash to stay in the Ultra (Hyper) Class longer... Logically, high level trainers should be struggling to move ranks in that class and has to grind because of the level of competition, so it's easier to throw in and promote game characters in that class for Ash to battle...

Since everyone has to start from the Normal Class, some trainers would climb ranks so fast until they reach their "real" ranks... Let's say Cynthia joins in an episode, after just a few episodes, she'll likely climb up to the peak of Ultra Class or even Master Class fast because that's where her level of competition is...

Bea is in a similar situation... Likely due to that reason that the writers and producers probably wants the Galar GLs on the Ultra Class likely on the mix with facility bosses and E4s...

On the issue Ash and WCS being sidelined in favor of Goh, I think there's a relationship between that and a potential situation wherein Goh will be sidelined once they turn their focus on Ash's grind in the Ultra Class...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
so why is it Ash jumping around is a bad thing when we've got someone like Bea who almost got into the ultra tier the next time we saw her, and in today's episode Rinto was said to have just entered the PWC when he last encountered Ash yet made it into the super class by today's episode.

i don't mind quality battles once in a while like today's episode, but if most of his fights are just going to be cannon fodder then is there really a point to showing them?

I do agree and hope the Ultra Tier is treated with more intensity though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
i don't mind quality battles once in a while like today's episode, but if most of his fights are just going to be cannon fodder then is there really a point to showing them?
That's the problem, though. All of these offscreen battles were so bad that Ash somehow rose through the ranks really fast. It's a big stretch that he didn't meet any difficulty climbing so high.

I'm starting to think the writers are planning to get over the PWC this year, actually.

nuzamaki90

so why is it Ash jumping around is a bad thing when we've got someone like Bea who almost got into the ultra tier the next time we saw her, and in today's episode Rinto was said to have just entered the PWC when he last encountered Ash yet made it into the super class by today's episode.

Because they aren’t the main characters of the show, we don’t need to see how they develop aside from flashbacks or battle showcases during their interactions with the actual main character. Bea is a Galar Gym Leader, one of the most competitive Gym Leagues in the world so we already know she’s strong enough to climb the rankings so quickly. Same thing with Raihan, we know his battle capability rivals actual Champions, which is why they said he fought his way to the Master Class shortly after joining the PWC. And Rinto is the same way, we saw how strong he is compared to Ash and Farfetch’d in the first appearance, then it was revealed he went through the same training regimens, so his skills are justifiable as well.

Ash is the main character, the PWC is his storyline, yet it barely gets treated like an actual storyline instead of a subplot. We need to see his actual development through this plot line, not offscreen recaps.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

I think it's mostly because many people believe that Ash is still far from the level of a trainer beyond Conference level... You can see it based on how they downplayed Bea... So they believe it's normal for Ash to struggle against Great Class trainers especially he's using a new team...

Anyway, to be fair, Rinto's rank wasn't shown so he can be ranked as low as 999... Just used that as an example, I don't think he is 999 since Ash climbed more than a hundred in rank...

I think it's fair to expect more in Ultra Class... Bea is already there... Opal and the rest of the Galar GLs are likely there as well... They have yet to introduce how someone at Ultra Class bumps out someone in the Master Class so a potential rivalry with Raihan might get developed...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
That's the problem, though. All of these offscreen battles were so bad that Ash somehow rose through the ranks really fast. It's a big stretch that he didn't meet any difficulty climbing so high.

Bea beating him and causing him to go on a losing streak would disagree.

I think it's mostly because many people believe that Ash is still far from the level of a trainer beyond Conference level... You can see it based on how they downplayed Bea... So they believe it's normal for Ash to struggle against Great Class trainers especially he's using a new team...

How did she get degraded? If this is about Ash not using Farfetch'd in the rematch with her, she didn't exactly go with Hawlucha herself, and her Grapploct took down Pikachu which is impressive since the only other pokemon who's beaten Pikachu this saga in combat was Leon's Charizard.
I think it's fair to expect more in Ultra Class... Bea is already there... Opal and the rest of the Galar GLs are likely there as well... They have yet to introduce how someone at Ultra Class bumps out someone in the Master Class so a potential rivalry with Raihan might get developed...

that's the thing, the top 100 trainers are bound to be tough to the point where they ain't gonna be able to have things be as flexible with the first two tiers, that's why it doesn't bother me.

i'll say this though, if Ash faced Korrina to get in the great tier to begin with, i'm betting he'll face someone of importance to get into the ultra tier which i do look forward too.

But hey that's just my opinion.

Last edited: