• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
First I would imagine that Tobias would be disqualified for utilizing banned Pokémon in an official tournament. Then he would be arrested for obtaining them through illegal means and also charged with illegal trafficking since Darkrais are still not allowed in Galar.

The Officer Jennies from Galar would then tell him to put his hands up before accusing him of resisting arrest then tasering and pepper spraying him multiple times. Then they would accuse him of reaching for their guns before taking out a baton and beating him while setting off Growlithes and Arcanines to bite him repeatedly before shooting him in the leg.

He would be then tried for his crimes and sentenced to death by explosions.
You guys are scary

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Round 1
Ash vs. Lance = Ash Wins
Iris vs. Cynthia = Cynthia Wins
Steven vs. Diantha = Steven Wins
Leon vs. Kanto Champion = Leon Wins

Round 2
Ash vs. Cynthia = Ash Wins
Steven vs. Leon = Leon Wins

Round 3
Ash vs. Leon = Ash Wins
Why do I think the pwc master tournament will follow and base on sword and shield game Where the winner of tournament will battle Leon
In games we face rival- Nessa- exclusive gym leader - Raihan - Leon , since Bea is in both categories (ash like rival and exclusive gym leader) I could see this happen

I could see the following happen
Ash vs Bea-> Ash ( rivalry showdown) is like the galar league on games where player in sword need to face bea
Cynthia vs Iris -> chyntia with Iris prove herself by beat her garchomp with haxorus but lose to her other Pokémon ( rematch flashback to BW)
Steven vs Diantha ( I want Diantha to win )
Raihan vs Lance -> Raihan ( dragon master battle)

next
Ash vs Diantha ash win ( Ash greninja showdown, flashback to kalos battle )
Chyntia vs Raihan, Raihan ( in game lore he said to be on other region champion level so I think beating chyntia in anime will made him strong as champion like his game counterparts )

final round
Ash vs Raihan , Ash Win

final showdown
Ash Vs Leon

It’s just my speculation, it could happened in any order like ash vs lance first, than bea and than Raihan

LucasMV

I would love for Ash to face Cynthia at least. I don't care if he doesn't face any other Champion, but he has to face Cynthia. And with DP remakes it should be totally possible to make it happen.

I'm afraid they might use the Galar Gym Leaders for the Masters 8, instead of other regional Champions. Hopefully they won't. I want Ash's rivalry with Bea to be settled in the Ultra Class. And any Galar gym leader they want to appear that isn't Raihan should also be settled in the Ultra Class.

Master Class has to be reserved for regional Champions. Maybe have Ash defeat Raihan to get in.

But I'll say it now, if you ask me, the Future of the World Championship could either be epic... or an epic fail. No middle ground really. Either Ash faces powerful past characters during the Ultra Class and regional Champions like Cynthia on the Master Class, using both his current team and some reserves, or he doesn't use reserves/doesn't face any other regional Champion and it sucks.

For some reason, despite this series' flaws, I still have hope that it's gonna be the first case.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
For some reason, despite this series' flaws, I still have hope that it's gonna be the first case.
"Oh you have hope huh? Here, how about you enjoy this filler about the boys watching paint dry in Cerise's backyard followed by a filler split episode in which we do nothing of interest, instead of any Masters 8 battle. Don't worry, we'll skip all of the tournament and give you a 20 second montage before the final 1v1 between Pikachu and Charizard."

Last edited:

LucasMV

I do hope we get couple of more battles in Hyper Class.
Like Ash had 4-5 significant battles during Super Class and none can really compare to the Korrina fight and first Bea fight.

I do hope he battles some E4 members, cause he haven‘t even faced those, how can we hope he faces a Champion in the Top8
A trainer I'd like to see Ash battle in the Ultra Class is Alain. I really want Ash to get a win against him. Ideally it would be a rematch where Ash gets Greninja back for the battle, but I'd settle with any kind of battle between them where Ash wins really.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I mean I get Alain but why Ritchie, Tyson or Cameron? They would easily get squatted by Ash now so it doesnt seem exciting for them to come when we are still waiting for an alain and tobias rematch as well as some e4 matches
Tobias and Alain are already exciting. I agree with this.

But I am also curious about the progress of others.

Ash made great progress, especially with DP. In the period after DP, he became a very powerful trainer who developed his pokemons.

How far have Ritche Tyson and Cameron improved? I think it would be nice to see the old ones

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Here is what I think will happen in terms of pacing.

Episode 73-77: Ash Vs Volkner

Episode 81-89: Ash Vs Another Trainer

Ash will be at Rank 50 by Episode 90

Episode 95-101: Ash Vs Another Trainer

Episode 105-112: Ash Vs Someone Else

Ash somewhere at Rank 20 by Episode 115

Episode 115-125

Ash Vs Bea for a Spot in the Master Eight and then we'll get a few fillers before the Master Class.

LucasMV

Here is what I think will happen in terms of pacing.

Episode 73-77: Ash Vs Volkner

Episode 81-89: Ash Vs Another Trainer

Ash will be at Rank 50 by Episode 90

Episode 95-101: Ash Vs Another Trainer

Episode 105-112: Ash Vs Someone Else

Ash somewhere at Rank 20 by Episode 115

Episode 115-125

Ash Vs Bea for a Spot in the Master Eight and then we'll get a few fillers before the Master Class.
SM had 146 episodes, so going by that we're not even halfway through the series. Considering we're on episode 65 and Ash is already at the Ultra Class, I'm hoping Ash can have more important on-screen battles from now on.

But of course, that's wishful thinking.
The point of this anime isn't to show Ash battling his way to the top, what am I even thinking!? The point is obviously to show cute pokemon doing errands, some recycled fillers, Go throwing balls at things and Pikachu getting his umpteenth episode in this series. That's what it's all about!

Ash can rank up off screen while that happens, because who wants to see him battle when we can see Flabebe looking for it's flower instead?

A trainer I'd like to see Ash battle in the Ultra Class is Alain. I really want Ash to get a win against him. Ideally it would be a rematch where Ash gets Greninja back for the battle, but I'd settle with any kind of battle between them where Ash wins really.
YES PLEASE GRENINJA NEEDS TO GET HIS REVENGE

DuskAstral

Ash can rank up off screen while that happens, because who wants to see him battle when we can see Flabebe looking for it's flower instead?
In the previous series, there were also filler episodes and there was probably no such complaint then.
Besides, you can't live with fights alone, there must be some light things from time to time not related to them.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In the previous series, there were also filler episodes and there was probably no such complaint then.
Besides, you can't live with fights alone, there must be some light things from time to time not related to them.
Except things are much worse because a majority of the episodes benefit battle-shy Goh and there is an alleged world championship going on that apparently has no more importance to show while also ensuring that Ash is only ever seen with Pikachu much more often. PWC is a hobby, not a priority.

Ultra Beast Lover

In my opinion, watching the same theme all the time (in this case the fights) may get boring after some time. I feel nice when a springboard appears every now and then (such as helping pokémon, discovering the secrets of the pokémon world, having adventures, etc.)
You're not wrong. It's just that the PWC isn't handled the best. In between matches Ash will often just jump up and down in the ranking system. Also there's not much to get excited about. In the main series games and in the past series for the anime there's either been gyms or trials, something to countdown to so you can slowly get more and more excited. Since the writers can just decide where Ash needs to be there's little to no intensity nor excitement because there's no real progress. I don't think people would mind as much if Ash used more Pokemon, to make it feel like they're at least progressing, but since he's not and we get so many filler episodes in between the important matches and we see so little of his other Pokemon it can feel boring.

In my opinion, watching the same theme all the time (in this case the fights) may get boring after some time. I feel nice when a springboard appears every now and then (such as helping pokémon, discovering the secrets of the pokémon world, having adventures, etc.)
Well just fights wouldn't fit at all. But now there are hardly any fights. And the PWC had so much potential...