• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Jers745

I dont know :p
My bad, I meant in the way that he wouldn't really like to compete. The one from the games does fight, but he didn't really do the right steps to challenge Alder.
Yeah i got you it was just sarcasm, heck the guy himself said he didnt wanna do that because it would hurt the pokemons

Torpoleon

Has it been confirmed that with regards to the Masters Eight, Dynamax/Gigantamax ONLY occurs in the final match?

Tin-Tin-Alt

First, sorry for my english. you will surely see several grammatical errors.

Didn't actually think of N for the Masters Eight! That would be an interesting one. I ruled out Unova since Iris was the champion and ranked lower than the eight, but N could still make sense. Originally, I hoped for Tobias and then started to think we would get another Galar gym leader, like perhaps Nessa, but it does kind of make sense for Ledon & Raihan to be the two best in Galar though. I feel like Steven would beat N, though I do agree with your other matchups (and I feel like Leon should beat 2 champions before fighting Ash). What do you think the other teams will look like? Mostly the game teams?

Would Ash's final team be just for the fight against Leon? Do you seem him using other Pokemon against Raihan & Cynthia? As much as it makes sense to use his best against Leon, I feel like they're going to have Ash uses his Journeys team against Leon. Hopefully that is not the case for other matches.

So, it was outright confirmed that the Masters Eight battle tournament-style, correct? Guess it makes sense than to expect Ash to face everyone in the Masters Eight. Maybe we could even see Leon or Cynthia beat a champion before fighting Ash, making the battle even more tougher for him.

I'll post my hopes for the Masters Eight tournament when I am done planning it. I'm hoping for it all to be 6 on 6.

I thought about N, because Iris was already defeated, and Alder is no longer a champion. and I do not see any character who can represent the region.

I can see a 3vs3 battle against Raihan.
Probably Sandaconda/Flygon/Duraludon. Ash uses Dragonite and other reserves.

Vs Cynthia, Infernape will be the Star, and the Rest of the Galar Team (Gengar, Sirfetchd and Dracovish).
Cynthia's Team: Garchomp, Spiritomb, Glaceon, Roserade, Togekiss and a new Galar o Hisui mon, maybe a Hisuian Arcanine.

And Leon Team be: Charizard, Dragapult, Mr.Rime, Rillaboom, Rhyperior and i dont know why but i can see a Spectrier on his Team. Leon needs something special to be the Number One.
I discarded Aegislash because already saw the one with Sawyer in a League, and feels repetitive, (by the same, i didnt put gastrodon on Cynthia's Team) and Iris already use Haxorus.

I dont expect to see much of the other than ash's battle.
Diantha uses Gardevoir, maybe Gourgeist and I would like to see Aurorus, because we hardly saw it in the anime.
If they want to make her a formidable opponent, she might have a Diancie.
Steven: Metagross, Claydol, Aggron.
Lance: Shiny Gyarados, Dragonite, Aerodactyl.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Ash vs Cynthia should be the penultimate battle. Before Ash vs Leon, and I feel it would be fitting if he uses his Sinnoh Team + Lucario against Cynthia and his OG Kanto Team against Leon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Do you think ash will be the one to take out Cynthia and Lance and not another trainer.
In my head, it's very likely that Leon will take Cynthia down before Ash does and Lance gets owned by Raihan. Ideally, I envision a route where Ash's last three opponents are Bea first, Raihan second, and Leon for last. Assuming, of course, that he doesn't defeat Bea and/or Raihan before the top 8 part.

I'd have said Iris instead of Raihan, but there's no way Ash won't fight the latest Dragon-type master so his Dragonite shines after beating Iris somewhat prematurely.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
In my head, it's very likely that Leon will take Cynthia down before Ash does and Lance gets owned by Raihan. Ideally, I envision a route where Ash's last three opponents are Bea first, Raihan second, and Leon for last.

I'd have said Iris instead of Raihan, but there's no way Ash won't fight the latest Dragon-type master so his Dragonite shines after beating Iris somewhat prematurely.
That would be so anti climatic. You'd really rather Bea and Raihan then seeing Ash battle Lance or Cynthia?

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
That would be so anti climatic. You'd really rather Bea and Raihan then seeing Ash battle Lance or Cynthia?

I really don‘t think they would have it rather, it is just what years of writing thought us.
I am very pessimistic about it, cause of the way stuff have been unfolding. Ash not fighting Wikstrom, no really giving us any big wins or developments, how the PWC has been sidelined, how Ash is already at position 64.

It just seems so pushed aside. I hope I am wrong, that we will get great 6on6 battles between Ash and other Champs/big game Characters.

aipomadvanceshipper

Ash is in so high because isn't journey finishing soon. It still has to focus on go and mew etc
Thats why ash has been reaching so far. His battles are mostly not shown and it's not like a gym
I think if ash wants to take down Cynthia it is possible it depends on how he battles. Like Pikachu seems like the ace more than his aura pokemon and dragonite is a powerhouse but ash doesn't seem to know how to use its power. If ash and lucario communicate with aura I think he'd have a better chance. Lucario and gengar show promise but not enough training

Red and Blue

Do you think ash will be the one to take out Cynthia and Lance and not another trainer.
I think hell beat Cynthia at least. If he has to beat Bea to get into Master Class then I suspect Raihan will be his first opponent before Cynthia and Leon

Torpoleon

I think hell beat Cynthia at least. If he has to beat Bea to get into Master Class then I suspect Raihan will be his first opponent before Cynthia and Leon
This is what I'm hoping for too.

I hope Bea isn't in the Master Class. Instead, I hope she is Ash's final Ultra Rank opponent and that beating her puts Ash at #8. I imagine his fight against Bea would be a 3 on 3, considering we've seen 3 of her Pokemon and I think Ash will use Pikachu, Lucario & Sirfetch'd, given how his first 2 battles with her went. Lucario is a given anyways, I'd think. Hoping to see Sirfetch'd getting 2 wins and Lucario winning against Grapploct, with Pikachu jobbing (although I doubt it'll happen like that....).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Unless Cynthia will finally point out why she wears those Lucario appendages on her head, Lucario is going to need a rival at the league after SM did so with half of Ash's team, which is why Bea seems more likely.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Ash is in so high because isn't journey finishing soon. It still has to focus on go and mew etc
Thats why ash has been reaching so far. His battles are mostly not shown and it's not like a gym
I think if ash wants to take down Cynthia it is possible it depends on how he battles. Like Pikachu seems like the ace more than his aura pokemon and dragonite is a powerhouse but ash doesn't seem to know how to use its power. If ash and lucario communicate with aura I think he'd have a better chance. Lucario and gengar show promise but not enough training
He was rank 99 and his battle against Volkner was his first Hyper Class battle. So they are moving like that.
Ash can beat anyone, if the writing wants it. He beat Iris Dragonite with one Ice Fang, so We‘ll get what the writers want

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I heard rumors about an arc involving a baby Charmander and Ash's old Pokemon (including Charizard). Do you know when it will come up?

Now that I think of it, last Oak's lab episode showed that Infernape has been training himself battling Ash's other Fire Types. If Ash's other Pokemon do the same, do you think they have accumulated a lot of experience?