• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

DayQuil95

Greninja should take down Garchomp as it needs to prove itself more than Infernape.
Infernapes story is done, Greninja’s isn’t.
I'd prefer Greninja to take down something else, Cynthia has always been associated more closely with Infernape than Greninja. Having him appear out of the blue to beat an opponent that was already even teased to fight Infernape in DP's ending would be very underwhelming for the monke. I'd prefer if he beat Alain's Charizard, or Diantha's Gardevoir, mainly when there's more stuff to explore with Greninja.

LucasMV

I'd prefer Greninja to take down something else, Cynthia has always been associated more closely with Infernape than Greninja. Having him appear out of the blue to beat an opponent that was already even teased to fight Infernape in DP's ending would be very underwhelming for the monke. I'd prefer if he beat Alain's Charizard, or Diantha's Gardevoir, mainly when there's more stuff to explore with Greninja.
It'd be awesome if they had Infernape defeat Cynthia's Garchomp, Greninja defeat Alain's Charizard or Diantha's Gardevoir and Charizard defeat Lance's Dragonite.

It'd be awesome if they had Infernape defeat Cynthia's Garchomp, Greninja defeat Alain's Charizard or Diantha's Gardevoir and Charizard defeat Lance's Dragonite.
Greninja defeating Alain’s Charizard sounds too good to be true because the anime gives jack **** about narratives since DP

LucasMV

Malva would destroy Alain's team if it's not 1v1... Unless it's another Iris situation...
Doubt it, Alain's Charizard alone could probably take most of her team out. It already defeated her ace, which is always quite a few steps above the rest of the trainer's team. It's not like every single one of Malva's pokemon would be at Houndoom's level, there's a reason it was her ace after all.

so if Ash Ketchum did win the World Champion Series... what would Ash Ketchum do? Accepting the offer? reject the offer like in Battle Frontiers?

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Doubt it, Alain's Charizard alone could probably take most of her team out. It already defeated her ace, which is always quite a few steps above the rest of the trainer's team. It's not like every single one of Malva's pokemon would be at Houndoom's level, there's a reason it was her ace after all.
I doubt Malva's non-aces are as soft as Alain's...

D

Deleted member 384931

Can a Hyper Class opponent challenge a Master Class opponents for the Number 8 in the Master 8? Or how does it work?

tsunamimijumaru

Can a Hyper Class opponent challenge a Master Class opponents for the Number 8 in the Master 8? Or how does it work?
It hasn't been explained yet I but I think the main speculation is that once you're rank 9 you then have to battle one of the masters 8 to take their spot.

If that's the case I can see Ash beating Raihan and taking his spot and if the masters 8 is basically like a tournament Ash will have 3 battles and I imagine those will be against lance, Cynthia and leon.

I'm sure we'll find out who the other masters 8 are but these are the main ones they keep hyping up in ending shots for episodes

LucasMV

I doubt Malva's non-aces are as soft as Alain's...
Maybe, but nothing really says that Alain's team was soft or weak. Compared to his Charizard? Sure. But they weren't weak per se. Ash's Pikachu is a beast, so the fact that he took down Tyranitar and Metagross speaks better of Pikachu than bad about those two, for instance.
That's my biggest doubt about the system too. I don't think you can just defeat an Ultra Class trainer to get into the Master Class, like it's been so far for the other classes. But I'm not sure how it'll work.

D

Deleted member 384931

That's my biggest doubt about the system too. I don't think you can just defeat an Ultra Class trainer to get into the Master Class, like it's been so far for the other classes. But I'm not sure how it'll work.
That would just feel weird, not facing number eight of the Master Class.
Like Satoshi is placed 16,wins a battle, placed 8,The Master Class trainer gets kicked and than the season end and the Master 8 Tournament starts.
We might never know who number 8 is

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
That would just feel weird, not facing number eight of the Master Class.
Like Satoshi is placed 16,wins a battle, placed 8,The Master Class trainer gets kicked and than the season end and the Master 8 Tournament starts.
We might never know who number 8 is
I think beating anyone from master 8 makes you take their spot, as Simple as that.
Or number 9 faces current number 8 for the spot.

Torpoleon

Could be that one of those silhouettes is actually #8 and when Ash reaches #9, he beats that person and becomes #8.