• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Maybe, but nothing really says that Alain's team was soft or weak. Compared to his Charizard? Sure. But they weren't weak per se. Ash's Pikachu is a beast, so the fact that he took down Tyranitar and Metagross speaks better of Pikachu than bad about those two, for instance.
They can't even take down Ash's XY Team when Ash isn't as tactical as in the last part of SM and now...

No idea how it works to go from Hyper to Master Class
Likely the same as Normal to Great and Great to Ultra... #8 is very vulnerable...

Torpoleon

4/8 are confirmed to know Ash... I won't be surprised if the rest know him as well... Especially if Steven, Wallace, Alder and Diantha are those remaining trainers...
I don't think Alder will be in it unless he's been training off screen and winds up beating Iris to take back the title.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I don't think Alder will be in it unless he's been training off screen and winds up beating Iris to take back the title.
I rather see Benga, Colress or N as Unova representative. Maybe Caitlin or Another E4 leader. Cheren would've been based.

Red and Blue

Starting to think Raihan will be knocked down to number 8 around the same time Ash reaches 9th in Hyper Class. Once he is beaten Ash can face Cynthia, Lance, and Leon in the actual tournament

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Starting to think Raihan will be knocked down to number 8 around the same time Ash reaches 9th in Hyper Class. Once he is beaten Ash can face Cynthia, Lance, and Leon in the actual tournament
For some reason I cannot see Ash vs Lance. I don't see chemistry there.

Ash vs Diantha or vs Steven makes actually more sense for me.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
He is the Champion of Ash's home region, it makes sense.
Yeah, I know. But I don't feel the chemistry. Maybe it's because Leon already defeated Lance on screen.
Also Lance Pokemon are so overused - Dragonite, Gyarados, Charizard. Aerodactyl is relatively interesting.
I more see Raihan or Iris beating him, TBH.
Imagine the anime introducing Trace who beats Lance:-D

D

Deleted member 384931

Eh sounds cheap tbh. Tho wouldnt it make more sense Satoshi battles every trainer in the Master Class and ranks up until he reaches 2nd so he can battle Leon?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Eh sounds cheap tbh. Tho wouldnt it make more sense Satoshi battles every trainer in the Master Class and ranks up until he reaches 2nd so he can battle Leon?
I believe we will either have 3-4 full battles (so quaterfinals, semifinals and final) or if we have 8 battles those would be 3v3 or even smaller... I prefer full battles, especially after SM where there was one only.

D

Deleted member 384931

I believe we will either have 3-4 full battles (so quaterfinals, semifinals and final) or if we have 8 battles those would be 3v3 or even smaller... I prefer full battles, especially after SM where there was one only.
Tbh I wouldnt be surprised if they keep the system like they used from the Normal to Hyper Class. But knowing Journeys animating all those battles would be hard useless it are one vs ones, what wouldnt make any sense.

Tho it would surprise me if it are 6vs6 battles before Leon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Tbh I don't think Ash vs Leon will be the final round, I think it'll go tournament style where its 1vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. And I think Ash will beat Raihan to get into the master 8 and take his spot, unless #8 ends up being like Paul or someone else.
Anyways I think Ash vs Leon will be the first round in the master 8 and then Ash loses to Cynthia in either the top 4 or final round.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Tbh I don't think Ash vs Leon will be the final round, I think it'll go tournament style where its 1vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. And I think Ash will beat Raihan to get into the master 8 and take his spot, unless #8 ends up being like Paul or someone else.
Anyways I think Ash vs Leon will be the first round in the master 8 and then Ash loses to Cynthia in the top 4 or final round.
I don't expect Ash to lose to anyone in the Masters League unless it's to the Gen 9 champion.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Tbh I wouldnt be surprised if they keep the system like they used from the Normal to Hyper Class. But knowing Journeys animating all those battles would be hard useless it are one vs ones, what wouldnt make any sense.

Tho it would surprise me if it are 6vs6 battles before Leon.
I miss so much the 6v6 battles which were not the final ones od the season like Ash vs Katie, Ash vs Morrison or Ash vs Sawyer.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I don't expect Ash to lose to anyone in the Masters League unless it's to the Gen 9 champion.
I can totally see him losing to Raihan while Ash is no 9 and later having a rematch with him.

Not giving us Ash vs Cynthia at this point will cause a massive outrage.

I can even see Cynthia beating Leon at this point and her being Ash final match in Journeys as GF cannot milk much from SwSh now and BDSP and LA are the current deal.

Red and Blue

For some reason I cannot see Ash vs Lance. I don't see chemistry there.

Ash vs Diantha or vs Steven makes actually more sense for me.
At first I wasn't sure at first if Ash would get to face Lance or not. But they keep hyping him up along with Leon, Cynthia, and Raihan to the point were I think he'll be one of Ash's opponents
If it's structured like a typical League Tournament he'll only get to fight three of them after presumably defeating number 8