• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love how a lot of stuff here follows the template of:
"I'd love if this happened, but knowing Journeys..."
More like since BW started for me.

ShadowForce720

I can totally see him losing to Raihan while Ash is no 9 and later having a rematch with him.

Not giving us Ash vs Cynthia at this point will cause a massive outrage.

I can even see Cynthia beating Leon at this point and her being Ash final match in Journeys as GF cannot milk much from SwSh now and BDSP and LA are the current deal.
Considering how much they have been building up Ash vs Leon, it’s safe to say that Ash vs Leon will be the final battle in the PWC.

BDSP and LA being the current games doesn’t really matter when deciding if Ash’s will fight Leon.

Will we get Ash vs Cynthia? probably but it’s not going to come at the cost of Ash vs Leon.

SatoSereFan224888

Starting to think the writers are starting to rush along the World Championship. Guess they will start 2022 with another hyper class battle that might propel Ash into the top 30. Then not long after that, he moves up into the top 20 then top 8. Probably by late march/early April, the Masters 8 starts. Also I think son Gou & Ash go their separate ways on their own journeys. Ash knows he needs to focus big time and having others around him will be a distraction for him.

ShadowForce720

Starting to think the writers are starting to rush along the World Championship. Guess they will start 2022 with another hyper class battle that might propel Ash into the top 30. Then not long after that, he moves up into the top 20 then top 8. Probably by late march/early April, the Masters 8 starts. Also I think son Gou & Ash go their separate ways on their own journeys. Ash knows he needs to focus big time and having others around him will be a distraction for him.
Again that’s not how things work. Because of Ash’s personality he is inclined to help others, so what would happen if he was the only main character is that we get more characters or Pokémon of the days and more recurring characters and Pokémon.

Splitting up Ash and from other characters is not this magical solution that your trying to make it sound like.

Also no offense but when you try to argue that having Ash travel by himself will help Ash because he won’t get distracted by other characters then it doesn’t sound understand Ash’s character at all.

Pokemonfan5

Again that’s not how things work. Because of Ash’s personality he is inclined to help others, so what would happen if he was the only main character is that we get more characters or Pokémon of the days and more recurring characters and Pokémon.

Splitting up Ash and from other characters is not this magical solution that your trying to make it sound like.

Also no offense but when you try to argue that having Ash travel by himself will help Ash because he won’t get distracted by other characters then it doesn’t sound understand Ash’s character at all.
Also this is fiction where writers can make Ash as strong as they want no matter how many companions he has to help instead of training for himself or travel alone

D

Deleted member 384931

At first I wasn't sure at first if Ash would get to face Lance or not. But they keep hyping him up along with Leon, Cynthia, and Raihan to the point were I think he'll be one of Ash's opponents

If it's structured like a typical League Tournament he'll only get to fight three of them after presumably defeating number 8
Ugh I know, but that would be lame

tsunamimijumaru

I love how a lot of stuff here follows the template of:
"I'd love if this happened, but knowing Journeys..."
It's a shame this really. This series has so much potential but it's all wasted on filler that's so boring it makes me appreciate the filler from SM and episodes focused on giving Ash style captures to Goh when we know these mons will just fade into the background.

Not to mention the fact that whenever they bring back old stuff it tends to just be for hype and doesn't actually amount to anything like the Infernape storyline in the project mew ep
PWC could have been pretty hype bringing in game characters that have never been animated but instead we have Ash having rematches with trainers he already battled and winning through plot armour. Episode 18 set the standard for the battles but everything after while enjoyable to an extent has had some type of problem.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Im sure ash all master 8 battle is 6 vs 6
Or
4 Vs 4 via double battle vs raihan
5 Vs 5 Single vs Chythia
Full Battle VS Leon

SatoSereFan224888

But Ash isn’t the kind of person who asks for anything special. I feel he gets taken advantage of because he is such a nice person. It may be his strength but also I feel at times it’s his greatest weakness because it holds him back.

Garbodor.

I don't see anyone else other than Ash defeating Leon. Their upcoming battle is one of the focus of the Pokemon Journeys and everything is being set up for it. Now whether Ash will actually defeat Leon in the final is something to speculate. I personally believe he will defeat Leon. Hopefully the writers have shed this fear of allowing Ash to win due to this silly notion that his journey must come to end if he does win. There are so many ways to define what it means to be a "Pokemon master". I am feeling confident he will go to the top, I started feeling confident the moment they allowed him to become the champion of a region i.e Alola.

Also, I think it is almost guaranteed he will face and defeat Cynthia. I am very excited for that battle. I honestly can't wait for him to defeat her. How many years have we waited for that moment? I feel it will be at least a 3 vs 3, with his dragonite taking out garchomp.

Does anyone know when we can expect news regarding who his next PWC battle will be against? I am eagerly waiting for more info.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Now whether Ash will actually defeat Leon in the final is something to speculate. I personally believe he will defeat Leon.
In my opinion, Satoshi should not win against him in the final. I think that would be a bit early. Somehow I don't see a person who held the title for many years so suddenly got beaten by a 10-year-old who recently entered the tournament.

D

Deleted member 384931

In my opinion, Satoshi should not win against him in the final. I think that would be a bit early. Somehow I don't see a person who held the title for many years so suddenly got beaten by a 10-year-old who recently entered the tournament.
Look at the games lol.
For me he may win, but what after that?

Garbodor.

Has it been said Leon has held that title for many years? In which episode? Even if that is true, we cannot try to use too much logic (game logic or otherwise) when it comes to the anime. I mean Ash has been 10 years old for how many years? And this 10 year old is already a champion of a region and has defeated a champion (Iris) already, thus it is not an incredible stretch to see him defeat Leon. I am not claiming he will 100% defeat Leon, but the way things are setting up, I can see it happening.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

by that logic elder's like pryce should be invincible against trainers like Ash since they've been at it alot longer than he has.

We've been following Ash for 8 generations in this show, and for once they didn't push the reset button him, allowing him to use pokemon that reflect his skill level.

So no i don't think it's impossible for him to beat Leon, especially if he used his reserves in the mix.

Though i'm hoping with the battle with Leon, either Ash is somehow allowed to use all his resources and not just 1 (Though if Leon didn't answer in kind, I could easily see people claiming Ash had too much of an edge), or they don't fight with gimmicks at all.

Cause the one thing I will say is, I can't see Pikachu beat his Charizard in a straight up gigantamax fight, Pikachu's more about speed and dodging and gigantamaxing takes that away, It would honestly have a better shot with it's Z-move at pulling that off.

hopefully though taking down his Charizard is a teamwork affair anyway since even without gigantamaxing i'm not sure if Pikachu can beat it 1 v 1 regardless.

Look at the games lol.
For me he may win, but what after that?

well if he falls short then he would probably just retry again, cause let's think about it, if he beats Lance and Cynthia that puts him above going back to doing gyms.

D

Deleted member 384931

well if he falls short then he would probably just retry again, cause let's think about it, if he beats Lance and Cynthia that puts him above going back to doing gyms.
I know. That is why I dont understand what can after the PWC. Not doing gyms that is for sure.
I just hope the battles in the Master 8 are worth the wait.