• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

D

Deleted member 384931

There is a difference between your personal vision of Ash’s friends being a distraction and what is depicted in the anime. There’s alternate interpretation and then there is flat out denialism. Ash‘s friends are always portrayed as being part of his journey rather than being distractions from them. They are not “trouble” in the slightest.

There’s also the notion that Ash needs to “get serious” with his training, something that rings utterly hollow in Journeys because we have abused off screen training so much that Riolu learned liked half of his move set in off screen land. “Getting serious” is such a fanfic notion and a misunderstanding of what the show is about. Companions are always part of the journey and never a distraction from the journey. I thought that was pretty obvious for over 20 years.
YES! Satoshis friends are his strenght! Without Brock, Misty, Dawn and Serena he would be NOWHERE and still be stuck in KANTO, SINNOH OR KALOS IN THE FIRST GYM! And that is just the truth! Satoshi can be serious, but funny too. I hate the full serious approach! Even XY Satoshi had his funny moments! Being serious full time ls boring as hell! @SatoSereFan224888

Last edited by a moderator:

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
So Cynthia has a Kommo-o, a Garchomp. Leon has a Dragopult and a Charizard (Dragon like) Lance has his Dragonite and Raihan has Duraludon.
You would better recall it the Dragon 8

Hmm.

Cynthia. Leon. Lance. Raihan.

Who else was in the Masters 8 again?

Trillion

Once again we have a minimum of 3 months between Ash‘s PWC fights. I really don‘t expect them to wrap this by November 2022. so gen 9 will most likely not happen. I can‘t honestly see it.
this isn't a gen 8 series, so gen 9 can still happen while the pwc continues

with that said, i do agree that gen 9 is likely not happening in 2022. but that's because we'd have three main series games in 12 months and i just can't see that

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Once again we have a minimum of 3 months between Ash‘s PWC fights. I really don‘t expect them to wrap this by November 2022. so gen 9 will most likely not happen. I can‘t honestly see it.
I can't see Gen 9 happening in 2022, either. Its development was almost certainly delayed by the pandemic. The fact we didn't even get a movie last summer or this winter is odd, and slightly worrisome, too.

There is a thought that BDSP was originally meant to be released a few months earlier than it was, and Legends: Arceus would have been released in November rather than January, but they were both pushed back, too.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash is dangerously close to the final tier, so this PWC isn't going to last into 2023.
Unless we get filler hell or something else that puts off the PWC for a while (I'm betting the former since they love their fillers and pseudo fillers so much.)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Unless we get filler hell or something else that puts off the PWC for a while (I'm betting the former since they love their fillers and pseudo fillers so much.)
I personally don't think that will happen unless the PWC suddenly gets this very conveniently annual break time of [insert unspecified amount of time] to give participants a break so Goh can hog all the stuff away from Ash even more so.

Training? The hell is that?

D

Deleted member 384931

I personally don't think that will happen unless the PWC suddenly gets this very conveniently annual break time of [insert unspecified amount of time] to give participants a break so Goh can hog all the stuff away from Ash even more so.

Training? The hell is that?
So what will they do? Leave Satoshi with nothing of development (tho what development?) besides he three Hyper Class battles until the Master Class? Besides Journeys is Jotho Light so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us filler hell. The current director likes fillers.

Last edited by a moderator:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I honestly don't want them in the PWC but I do want Ash facing one of them, which can easily happen
Also wonder whether Pier's band's Rillaboom would start Grookey's development

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Piers’ whole thing is cheering on Marnie and wanting her to take the next step (i.e replace him as Gym Leader) so Marnie is probably the one in the PWC

I hope they make marnie ash's rival just like they made bea his rival. This way it would bring the best out of her.