• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

nuzamaki90

I still think Ash could have a loss or two in Hyper Class to help out pad some time. There is still time for Bede and of Wallace is participating in the PWC he could knock Ash down a few spots
Hmm I don’t know. Ash’s PWC matches since Iris have followed a 3 month schedule. We likely won’t see his next match until April or May at the latest. Following that pace we wouldn’t need any losses or ties. At this point I have no clue who’d his next opponent would be so honestly who knows where we are headed?

Ibrahim Saidu

I don't think it's necessary for Ash to lose any Hyper Class matches to pad out time when we have all bunch of things from Crown Tundra, Legends: Arceus, and whatever next DLC they release that adds the remaining unobtainable Pokémon.

But I still believe will have a PWC match in Alola for the sake of having a PWC battle in every region that Ash has been to.
Don't forget Isle of Armor

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It seems like we are on the cusp of the M8 but it feels like PM is only just starting.

Do you think we will one continuous run of episodes for the M8, or will they be like the HC and Leon's exhibition matches? Either way do you think we get to see the matches that don't involve Ash?

What if the writers plan to wrap up the M8 and then have Ash join PM as the last chaser?

Red and Blue

Wallace seems to be a contest guy. Bede? Could be the last one to enter in the last class or don't even appear.
Wallace could still do PWC matches on the side though. He was a former Champion after all.
It seems like we are on the cusp of the M8 but it feels like PM is only just starting.

Do you think we will one continuous run of episodes for the M8, or will they be like the HC and Leon's exhibition matches? Either way do you think we get to see the matches that don't involve Ash?

What if the writers plan to wrap up the M8 and then have Ash join PM as the last chaser?
I suspect Master Class will likely be a long run of episodes like the previous League arcs. And if they all are full battles they will probably gloss over the ones that don't involve Ash

Ryker101

I’m guessing we have 1, maybe 2 hyper class battles left. I doubt the silhouettes have anything to do with it bc they didn’t tease Marnie.

Ash keeps fighting ppl with similar types to him, like electric, fighting, dark (mirrors gengar) and dragon. But now they’ve run out of types so idk, we’ll probs get someone who doesn’t match his specialty anymore. Not sure who tho

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The recent ranking of Ash makes me more disappointed that they used Volkner instead of Flint as Ash's WCS opponent...
What makes it more dissapointing is the fact we are on the top 15 and we are still seeing 1vs1 Battles...

Why Ash vs Marnie was not 3vs3 at minimum? We could've got Pikachu vs Morpeko and Sirfetch'd winning against someone like Scrafty...

Even most Leagues were on full Battles already.

Red and Blue

I’m guessing we have 1, maybe 2 hyper class battles left. I doubt the silhouettes have anything to do with it bc they didn’t tease Marnie.

Ash keeps fighting ppl with similar types to him, like electric, fighting, dark (mirrors gengar) and dragon. But now they’ve run out of types so idk, we’ll probs get someone who doesn’t match his specialty anymore. Not sure who tho
What about Water? If Ash battles Wallace next that could be where Dracovish gets to star

Master Pikachu 11

They would be foolish to make Gen 9 when they have been promoting LA as a main line game like the other gen games. To have Gen 9 come would kill all the hype that they have with LA and we will get a not so decent story for many on here to complain about. I rather they take their time then rush to release a game by Christmas. Anyway I fully expect there to be a DLC for this game

AJ97

Rather than having Ash lose in the Hyper Class, they should flesh out the Master Class and make it much longer by introducing a League Type championship with Ash having to battle everyone there, and the top two trainers with the Most Wins/Draws end up battling for the Title.

Plus, this way, they can have Ash lose against Leon once and then beat him in the Finals.

Ryker101

They keep teasing Cynthia, Lance, Raihan and Leon but surely Ash can’t battle all of them, right?

Ig they could alternate b/w 3v3s and 6v6s if they wanted

Konja7

So I guess Steven and Diantha aren't participating in this? Same goes to all the E4 members.
It's possible Steven and Diantha participate (maybe they are Master 8), but it's unlikely Ash will fight them.

There will be a tournament between the Master 8 members, so Ash wouldn't fight the other 7 members. When he reaches Master 8, Ash will need to fight three (Raihan or Lance, Cynthia and Leon) in the tournament to win.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It's possible Steven and Diantha participate (maybe they are Master 8), but it's unlikely Ash will fight them.

There will be a tournament between the Master 8 members, so Ash wouldn't fight the other 7 members. When he reaches Master 8, Ash will need to fight three (Raihan or Lance, Cynthia and Leon) in the tournament to win.
I still think Ash won't fight Cynthia as she will fight Leon in Semis.

Also might fight one of the master 8 in order to get there.

As we still don't know how one advances from hyper Class to master 8 (maybe the Leon episode will give us some insight.

Unless there will be a twist and Cynthia beats Leon and Ash fight her in the finał.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I still think Ash won't fight Cynthia as she will fight Leon in Semis.

Also might fight one of the master 8 in order to get there.

As we still don't know how one advances from hyper Class to master 8 (maybe the Leon episode will give us some insight.

Unless there will be a twist and Cynthia beats Leon and Ash fight her in the finał.
No, I think Ash will fight both of them at least. Cynthia's the Sinnoh Champion and the Champion of one of the most recent game releases (BD/SP) so I don't see Ash not facing her some time in the PWC. I also don't see her beating Leon and denying Ash his chance to face Leon, and his dream for this series. I could easily see Ash facing Leon in the semi-finals and then facing Cynthia in the finals if they want to keep it more suspenseful, or vice versa if they want Ash's final PWC battle to be against Leon.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
No, I think Ash will fight both of them at least. Cynthia's the Sinnoh Champion and the Champion of one of the most recent game releases (BD/SP) so I don't see Ash not facing her some time in the PWC. I also don't see her beating Leon and denying Ash his chance to face Leon, and his dream for this series. I could easily see Ash facing Leon in the semi-finals and then facing Cynthia in the finals if they want to keep it more suspenseful, or vice versa if they want Ash's final PWC battle to be against Leon.
In such case she needs to beat one of more popular Champions to hype her.

I can see Diantha vs Steven (which would be interesting into account their interactions in XYZ series) with Steven winning just to loose to Cynthia and hype her.