• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm not too excited for the tournament. I'm sure that'll change given time but usually I'm more hyped by the time the final hurdle is passed. Maybe it's because my only way of watching the dub, Netflix, is always behind by several episodes and I'm used to getting hyped via that.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Teehee I'm still thinking Alain will get knocked out in the first round, not by Ash, but by Leon. G-Max Charizard vs Mega Charizard X is too good of a match-up for them to pass up. Ash and Alain's rivalry is over, we don't need a "revenge match."

I'm hoping perfected Ash Greninja finally gets a shot at battling Mega Gardevoir because he had them girls shooketh when he first unlocked that power.

World Turtle

If they go by their ranks Ash at 8 would fight Iris then either Alain or Diantha and then Leon who defeats Cynthia and Lance/Steven.

So I think they could extend the M8 tournament into the next series by having Ash lose to Leon here and then have Ash fight everyone else to work his way up to the number 2 spot which he then defeats Leon. Alain is replaced by the Gen 9 champion who becomes a new rival for Ash.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Teehee I'm still thinking Alain will get knocked out in the first round, not by Ash, but by Leon. G-Max Charizard vs Mega Charizard X is too good of a match-up for them to pass up. Ash and Alain's rivalry is over, we don't need a "revenge match."

I'm hoping perfected Ash Greninja finally gets a shot at battling Mega Gardevoir because he had them girls shooketh when he first unlocked that power.
Alain is the "odd" one out here cause he's not a regional champion like the others. Makes sense that they really brought him back to let Ash finally beat him.

UnovaMaster

Alain is the "odd" one out here cause he's not a regional champion like the others. Makes sense that they really brought him back to let Ash finally beat him.

If Alain is knocked out in the very first battle we can pretend the confirmed true top 7 is just the champions

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm lowkey surprised the spoilers were right. I really thought Paul was going to be there over Alain but it seems they want to rectify the Kalos League finals.

I think Ash vs Alain, Ash vs Cynthia and Ash vs Leon are a lock. Ash beats Alain after all this time, Cynthia is practically treated like royalty so I can't see her going out early, and obviously Leon is the main rival here. Otherwise I doubt we're going to see much of the other battles if at all.

PLEASE give us full battles and animation with budget for this tournament.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Most of Ash's friends as well as his family will be so proud of him. In Serena's case, she would be ultra pleased with him. Ash is looking forward to have a rematch with Alain. He feel the same way.

Landton

There is zero reason to show Alan go down to Leon. They're not going to promote one Charizard form over another. And in this series Mega Evolution wins over Gigantamax most of the time anyway.

They would never bring Alan back otherwise. He's an anime only character and not a champion. He's there for fanservice and that's it.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Man there's so many cool fights that I want to see but we can't see all of them:

Ash vs Alain for the salty runback
Alain vs Leon for Charizard fest
Alain vs Steven to finish their battle
Alain vs diantha to get the best in kalos
Ash vs Iris for a proper battle
Iris vs Lance for dragon master
Iris vs Cynthia for previous unova exp
Ash vs literally everyone else
Steven vs diantha just cuz they were the two in xyz

If only time and money were limitless