• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Unless the subs are wrong, the referee says "this match will use the Masters Tournament Regulations", and the battle we got was a 3v3.
Praying for a mistranslation or a translation that results in horrific phrasing. Major copium rn.
They probably just mean only one of the Mega evolution/Gigantamax thing being used, which held true since Ash couldn't Mega Evolve Lucario.
This has already been holding true during Hyper Class.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
They probably just mean only one of the Mega evolution/Gigantamax thing being used, which held true since Ash couldn't Mega Evolve Lucario.
"This match will use the Masters Tournament Regulations. You may each use three Pokémon. There is no limit on match length or switching out Pokémon. Whoever makes all three of their opponent's Pokémon unable to battle will be the winner. Additionally, you are allowed a single use of only one of the following: Dynamax, Mega Evolution, or a Z-Move"

I'm sorry, but what you mention was added only at the end, and we alread knew about that.

Landton

"This match will use the Masters Tournament Regulations. You may each use three Pokémon. There is no limit on match length or switching out Pokémon. Whoever makes all three of their opponent's Pokémon unable to battle will be the winner. Additionally, you are allowed a single use of only one of the following: Dynamax, Mega Evolution, or a Z-Move"

I'm sorry, but what you mention was added at the end.
Which is likely for this match, it doesn't imply every Master Class will be 3 on 3. He states this match is 3 on 3 and establishes the rules about the power ups. Obviously Ash is going to use his full JN team against Leon so it has to be 6 on 6.

SatoSereFan224888

So I think Ash will face Lance in the first round, then face Cynthia in the semi finals. Then he battles Leon to become champion. That’s how I see it playing out for Ash. There’s no way Ash is facing all 7.

Landton

That's true, they've contradicted themselves before. Let's trust the power of poor writing.
IF we get a 3 on 3, I can see the first round being it. But Cynthia will be in the semi-finals and Leon in the finals, and having at least two 6 on 6 battles is very likely since most previous series do this.

But if Ash does battle Alan in the first round, it'll feel kinda off if they don't get a full battle.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I guess if it wasn't bad dialogue/translation and everything actually is a 3v3, then it's still better than last season's Lance vs. Leon 1v1 finals

afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

Landton

I guess if it wasn't bad writing/translation and everything is a 3v3, then it's still better than last season's Lance vs. Leon 1v1 finals

afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png
The referee literally sounded like he was stating the rules for this match, which was a 3 on 3, and going into details about only using one power up.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I stand corrected because I just checked it, it was never stated that Hyper Class battles were 3v3s, only that they'd be scheduled. We'll see if what the referee said in today's episode is true for the Master Class though.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I’d really hate this, I’d hate this situation so much, I’d hope the anime team know what they are doing with this.

As much as Charizard is my favorite pokemon, having two guys with it as their ace is pure overkill with the stakes involved here

I get people are craving Greninja to get vengence but not all roads lead to revenge, and if you ask me, having one of the two Zard's eliminated early on (probably Alain's) would be better off in my opinion.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Because Greninja is protecting Kalos. If it was at Oak's lab, I'd definitely say it would come back.

But Greninja is not a pokemon that can come and go. One day the effect of the incident in Kalos will be over. He will return to Ash completely.

But I don't think he'll be back in this series anymore.
Greninja going to Puni-chan and Z2 to file a vacation request and they reject it smh