• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Ideally if Ash doesn’t win the it would preferable if Alain wins this. Besides Cynthia he’s had the most moments displaying his strength and obviously was the biggest lure in terms of the Master Class

Leon, Lance and Cynthia were confirmed relatively early, Iris was in the last openings, and Diantha and Steven had small cameos way before this episode aired. People more or less already knew that Ash, Iris, Diantha, Lance, Steven, Cynthia and Leon would be there but Alain had to be leaked basically and when he did get a flashback it was right before this episode aired

D

Deleted member 384931

Aces

Iris: Haxorus-Dragon
Cynthia: Garchomp- Dragon/Ground
Alain: Mega Charizard X- Dragon/Fire
Lance: Gyarados- Water/Flying
Steven: Metagross- Steel/Psychic
Diantha: Gardevoir- Psychic/Fairy
Leon: Charizard-Fire/Flying
Ash: Pikachu (?)

Doesn't help that each M8 member,bar Steven, has Dragon types on their game teams they can take inspiration from. AGAIN DRAGONS. 2 Dragon type trainers weren't enough in the Ultra Class

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ideally if Ash doesn’t win the it would preferable if Alain wins this. Besides Cynthia he’s had the most moments displaying his strength and obviously was the biggest lure in terms of the Master Class

Leon, Lance and Cynthia were confirmed relatively early, Iris was in the last openings, and Diantha and Steven had small cameos way before this episode aired. People more or less already knew that Ash, Iris, Diantha, Lance, Steven, Cynthia and Leon would be there but Alain had to be leaked basically and when he did get a flashback it was right before this episode aired

I think Leon would probably keep his title if Ash loses, cause i'm not seeing anyone but them fighting last here.

people expect Ash to get vengence on Alain as is for showing up...but it might not be the way they want it if they do fight.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Again it was likely only advertised in Alola, so not many people outside the region are even aware that Alola has a league.

Unless it specifically advertised outside of the Alola region then of course the rest of the regions aren’t going to be aware of the Alolan league.

Also chances are not many would really dive that deep into it.

Just because Ash used a exclusive Z-move doesn’t automatically mean that people can make a connection to be a Alola Champion.

Plus may I remind you of the fact that Ash made it to the finals of the Kalos League and used a exclusive transformation unique to his Greninja. So if aren’t going to bring that up then why they make a connection to Ash being a champion of a league that didn’t even know existed just because he used a exclusive Z-move.
The only plot hole, though is that people at PWC (Volkner and the Match referee) know about Z-moves. If you know what a Z-move is you should know what Alola is and by proxy know they have established a League which Ash won.

I don't get why it is so hard to Call Ash Alola Champion.

On early Pokemon Ash had no problem in mentioning he made top 16 in the Indigo League but now he has problem in calling himself Alola Champion which he won fair and squere?

Sham

I think Leon would probably keep his title if Ash loses, cause i'm not seeing anyone but them fighting last here.

people expect Ash to get vengence on Alain as is for showing up...but it might not be the way they want it if they do fight.
Doesn’t vengeance imply you did something wrong? I do agree it might not even turn out like that. He could end up being a Zoey where no matter how many times you guys fight you just couldn’t defeat them.

I do think though it was interesting how he was the only character that wasn’t teased or hyped up.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
On early Pokemon Ash had no problem in mentioning he made top 16 in the Indigo League but now he has problem in calling himself Alola Champion which he won fair and squere?

to be fair Ash isn't as much of a braggart anymore, which i find to be a good thing.

Doesn’t vengeance imply you did something wrong? I do agree it might not even turn out like that. He could end up being a Zoey where no matter how many times you guys fight you just couldn’t defeat them.

I seriously doubt Ash and Leon are going to fight any earlier than the last battle of this thing, but I think you know what i'm referring to in regards to Alain.

Ash is not a vengeful person...but the fandom is, you know what they want, but the question is will they get it?

Sham

Ash is not a vengeful person...but the fandom is, you know what they want, but the question is will they get it?
It’s a self insert. The viewers feel robbed so by proxy Ash was robbed. And if I’m understanding you correctly you believe that Iris, Cynthia, Steven, Diantha or Lance is going to knock him out first?

D

Deleted member 384931

That or the PWC doesnt have any official info on Ash due the G-men hiding his trainer profile for safety reasons.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It’s a self insert. The viewers feel robbed so by proxy Ash was robbed. And if I’m understanding you correctly you believe that Iris, Cynthia, Steven, Diantha or Lance is going to knock him out first?

It would be nice if he got knocked out by Leon to eliminate one of the charizard aces, but that's not it.

it's if a certain pokemon shows up for this rematch, but i'm not sure if it can.

It’s kinda cool that the Champions are representing a “country”

Ash/Iris=America
Cynthia/Lance/Steven=Japan
Alain/Daintha=Frace
Leon=UK
Didn’t know Ash was American (I know that he won an American based region but that doesn’t count as Ash representing America)

Sham

Didn’t know Ash was American (I know that he won an American based region but that doesn’t count as Ash representing America)
If they acknowledged he was Alola Champion (which they apparently did in publications) then he would be Alola’s representative. Eileen Gu was born in America but represented China in her Olympics competitive field

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
The only plot hole, though is that people at PWC (Volkner and the Match referee) know about Z-moves. If you know what a Z-move is you should know what Alola is and by proxy know they have established a League which Ash won.

I don't get why it is so hard to Call Ash Alola Champion.

When Ash brags about being in the Top 16, he was put down by bigger and more experienced trainers. And he didn't have a problem with being called Alola Champion. It's just that he's always looking to the horizon seeking new challenges that he actually forgets to mention in his achievements and past adventures to his friends sometimes. It's something that folks like Gladion and Goh notice and mention to Ash from time to time.
I seriously doubt Ash and Leon are going to fight any earlier than the last battle of this thing, but I think you know what i'm referring to in regards to Alain.

Here's my two cents regarding Ash fighting Alain for Journeys.

Ash admits that the battle against Alain was a thrilling experience, something he wants to do again. And he made a vow to have a rematch with Alain, with the promise that he won't lose again. When it comes to the Champion's list, the only Champion worth fighting against is Cynthia mainly because everyone knows she's the hardest Champion to beat and thus the most popular. Iris? Ash already beat her and it's not fair to have him win again. Diantha would just be seen as a lesser Cynthia. Lance would be repeating Iris again, and Steven has the least amount of interactions with Ash.

Thus, there has to someone that Ash would need to overcome that would get audience invested in. And who better to serve as a personal rival Champion than the one rival Ash has yet to beat? I mean, it's not like Gary could serve that role since Ash already beaten him.

I mean, let's face it. If Dawn was in competing in the World Coronation Contest Festival and Zoey was in it, I think a lot of fans would want Dawn to beat Zoey. Why settle with nobodies and newcomers when the real meat of the competition is someone that Dawn has yet to overcome?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
@Shadao @Sham

I really don't want to do this because of the risk it brings, but it's not so much about Ash just beating Alain that people care about, it's him using Greninja to do it.

But considering we have no indicator on how the problem with the vines is going or if Greninja's even closer to being done, it might not be able to show up for the rematch, it doesn't help that only it knows where these vines will appear either so i don't think it can afford to leave until they purged completely.

I've seen quite a few people already saying that Alain shouldn't even be involved if Greninja's not going to get it's revenge for the kalos league defeat

But Sham you make a good point, the people who got cheated were those who fell into the writers hype trap, Greninja lost fair and square.

Besides if they are only allowed to use 1 gimmick in each MC fight, I would think using Mega Evolution against Alain would make the most sense, but i get the feeling these people I speak of aren't going to like that idea very much.