• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Revenge in the sense that he never beat Alain. You don’t have to lose unfairly to someone in order to have a revenge match. You just have to lose, period.

the problem is, to the people who want this revenge it's not just about beating ash beating alain, but rather Greninja has to do it by beating his Mega Charizard X, otherwise it wouldn't count to them.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I really hope we get to see all the full teams for this tournament even though I know that makes me a nerd. A lot of these trainers only have 1/2 known Pokémon, so they’re clearly not very fleshed out yet. My absolute dream is to see Iris with a Hydreigon.

I'm not really looking forward to any of Iwane's work in the tournament. I haven't found his work in Journeys to be good for a while now. Unless he's able to conjure up some of his earlier work in JN, not looking forward to Arceus special quality of animation.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I'm not sure why quality or not (production schedules are a thing, after all) should be the only point to look forward to. Iwane has done more for Pokemon than any other person on this planet. I'm looking forward to seeing Iwane get to be involved with a huge, sprawling twenty-five year piece of his career and life now culminating.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Unless I'm missing credits there's been a few rotations where he hasn't done any key animation between his solo episodes https://pastebin.com/raw/S3V282yn
Oh yeah, I just remembered I never responded to this. I took a look at your list and assuming by Shinjou you're referring to any Takuranke episode (since Shinjou only returned as AD in the last stretch of SM) and by the last few years you mean anything XY and newer, I only counted one rotation he missed from SM and I believe two from XY. I wouldn't say he's working on less Shinjou episodes when he's been on all but one or two. You aren't missing anything from SM or JN but you may have added few extra episodes like SM053 and SM091 unless he provided uncredited key animation.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So now we not only have an excuse of why he won, but also it can be used when he loses

While his bracelet taking in mega energy was a thing, there was no indication of it weakening his opponents in battle, or at the same time said energy increasing his Charizard's power, it all went back to Lysandre.

people really need to stop acting like alain cheated, only those who fell into the writers hype trap got cheated, because Ash lost fair and square.

Alain won because Greninja was accumulating Ash's jobber energy. /jk
Facts.
Actually it’s the other way around. Ash was accumulating Greninja’s jobber energy.

tsunamimijumaru

I kinda hope they don’t fight. I don’t know who I’d root for
I mean Ash would probably just win again if they had another fight since he's destined to battle Leon. Been thinking a lot about different match ups and I know they've had very little interaction but I'd like to see Ash take on Steven then Cynthia and then Leon. Would be cool to see Ash take down the top 3 trainers in the world. Might sound fanficy I dunno but an Ash-Greninja vs Mega Metagross would be a cool match up since it gives us something new. Bring Infernape back to take down Garchomp and Pikachu can be Gmax Zard.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean Ash would probably just win again if they had another fight since he's destined to battle Leon. Been thinking a lot about different match ups and I know they've had very little interaction but I'd like to see Ash take on Steven then Cynthia and then Leon. Would be cool to see Ash take down the top 3 trainers in the world. Might sound fanficy I dunno but an Ash-Greninja vs Mega Metagross would be a cool match up since it gives us something new. Bring Infernape back to take down Garchomp and Pikachu can be Gmax Zard.
O I was talking Iris vs Alain

Sham

The Guardian of War
Lol nevermind. I think Alain would probably end up winning that
I mean I could give discourse. Is Steven confirmed as the strongest trainer after Cynthia and Leon? That’s the confusing part about this. Are the numerical order they’re in determine their strength or is it who got there first? Not sure the anime clarified this but anyways…

I feel like Diantha is a better fit. She’s obviously the biggest jobber here and it would be a nice finish up to their match in XY. Tbh it feels like if she battles another person it might be skipped but with Ash it won’t. As of now she’s the person who we know the least about team wise as well.

That’s about it

Last edited:
I'm not sure why quality or not (production schedules are a thing, after all) should be the only point to look forward to. Iwane has done more for Pokemon than any other person on this planet. I'm looking forward to seeing Iwane get to be involved with a huge, sprawling twenty-five year piece of his career and life now culminating.
Personally, I'm more than capable of realizing that the production schedule of the series has been f*cked and that animators are real people while also recognizing that Iwane hasn't really put out good quality work in a while. In the end, the end result is the end result and critique is critique, even with all of the context and the unfortunate circumstances. That's the modern anime industry for you.

Iwane's illustrious career on Pokemon is obviously a cause for celebration, though that isn't really the first thing on my mind when I'm watching a JN episode.

Last edited: