• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Yes! Alain and Iris especially look nice but Alain is the star here. The other opening showing them is great as well!

A person actually made a collage and it includes the scene you’re discussing
Yeah, it is so awesome:)

I added a link with that scene compared to BF saga opening with all Frontier Brains:)

There was also a nice shot back in Johto:
75cc22a449c3e09576281ce91a817e95-721.jpg_ooooxooxox_1280x720.jpg

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Okay these OP scenes make me really want the PWC in Gen 9 anime do we can see Ash fight all the Masters eventually.
It would be really hard to top it next gen.

I'm wondering if we will see Alder in any form. A flashback or Iris beating him would be nice.

I would love to see Mustard in some of Leon's flashback.

I found it in English op4:

At 00:26 :)

I didn't find it in the JP one, which is interesting at it had Pikachu vs Tyranitar, something which happened against Alain:
BORN TO BE A WINNER!!!!!

World Turtle

There is no high probability of this. After all, Satoshi may defend the title occasionally (if he is given it).
He kind of has too or well it’d be disrespectful to the other competitors to just walk away after winning wouldn’t?

Granted I think he’d be allowed a month vacation/breathing room before accepting title defense challenges. The Gen 9 Champ would become the new rival to beat. Though I think it’d be a testament to how strong Ash has become if he wins the first few bouts before losing to the Ninth.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
He kind of has too or well it’d be disrespectful to the other competitors to just walk away after winning wouldn’t?

I don't think some of them would let him walk anyway like Bea, given her personality she'd probably try to break Ash if he tried to walk off if he wins.

The Gen 9 Champ would become the new rival to beat. Though I think it’d be a testament to how strong Ash has become if he wins the first few bouts before losing to the Ninth.

I just don't see the connection of "Gen 9's champion beats Ash=Ash must go to pokespain for rematch" especially if it's done in the PWC format, because that would mean Ash could easily keep doing it to get a return match since they would've likely had entered the PWC to challenge him for his monarch status in the first place.

It's not like the monarch controls how the PWC goes after all.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
If they must cut out battles I’m just hoping they have Steven and Diantha battle since they’re the least interesting (plot wise in terms of connection with Ash).

And I’m begging the writers if they’re gonna give us crumbs in terms of music please at least give us Iris’ and Leon’s themes

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
another problem going into this is do we know for sure if every single fight is going to be well animated and choreographed? I remember that being an issue with Ash's recent fights, especially his battle with Drasna.

Kinda makes me wonder if those who seek Greninja's redemption would be ok with it, if the animation and fighting was potentially worse than their kalos battle was.

World Turtle

I don't think some of them would let him walk anyway like Bea, given her personality she'd probably try to break Ash if he tried to walk off if he wins.

I just don't see the connection of "Gen 9's champion beats Ash=Ash must go to pokespain for rematch" especially if it's done in the PWC format, because that would mean Ash could easily keep doing it to get a return match since they would've likely had entered the PWC to challenge him for his monarch status in the first place.

It's not like the monarch controls how the PWC goes after all.
I never said Ash would go to PokeSpain. I'm just saying the Gen 9 Champion would take over Leon's role as Ash's "opponent to beat"

SatoSereFan224888

I think if/when Ash wins the PWC, he decides his journey has come to its end. He feels this is as good as it will ever get for him and he’d rather go out on top. It’s like the proverb says “The higher you climb, the harder you fall.” Basically he’ll have reached the peak.