• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Megapixel

But I think it'd be much better for Iris to have something more distinct to her and native to her region, like Hydreigon. Last time we saw one, wasn't it Cameron's?
Actually, the last time we saw him was in episode 1136 or #47 of JN, the Pokémon Eating Contest where Goh participated with his skwovet now a Greedent, I know it was filler but we saw it.

Sham

The Guardian of War
If Ash is truly facing Lance then I don’t think Alain is having a battle with Ash.

I think it’ll go down like this.

Cynthia vs Daintha which easily will result in Cynthia winning based on their record.

Ash vs Lance and Ash obviously is getting knocked down in the first round

Iris vs Alain this could go either way but I’m inclined to think Alain might win this one but this truly is the battle I’m 50/50 about.

Alain/Iris vs Leon
Ash vs Cynthia

If Alain is facing Ash then I’d imagine it would be in the beginning so he can face Cynthia. If that’s the case then

Iris vs Lance
Steven vs Cynthia
Ash vs Alain
Diantha vs Leon

Cynthia vs Ash
Iris vs Leon

Either way I think Diantha and Steven are fodder because

Cynthia has been known as the strongest (before Leon that is) and is a fan favorite

Alain was the odd ball and “shocker”

Iris and Ash have “main character” behind them but obviously Iris’ is more fragile as she’s no longer a MC.

There is no intensity with them moving up

Ash also has more interactions with them than Diantha and Steven in all honesty

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
If she has another Pokemon, I think it'll be the Goodra she was hinted to have met back in her first return appearance, showing the Pokemon she met on her journeys prior to becoming Champion.

Clair_Iris_Journeys.png

The Gible is obviously her Gible that she caught in Johto in her special, so there's a strong possibility the Goodra is hers too.
Personally I think that scene was just random dragon type related things and not a hint of her getting a Goodra. Also looking at other in-game characters that return in JN if they revealed new additions to their rosters it's has been Pokémon they have in either the core series or Masters.

tsunamimijumaru

Personally I think that scene was just random dragon type related things and not a hint of her getting a Goodra. Also looking at other in-game characters that return in JN if they revealed new additions to their rosters it's has been Pokémon they have in either the core series or Masters.
Or BW2 with Volkner having fan Rotom and Wallace using a Swampert and Walrein

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Or BW2 with Volkner having fan Rotom and Wallace using a Swampert and Walrein
Let's see how it plays with Iris and Goodra but I still prefer her getting Hydreigon, preferably a happy/clumsy/funny one to go nice with her Dragonite and to break even more stereotypes.

tsunamimijumaru

Let's see how it plays with Iris and Goodra but I still prefer her getting Hydreigon, preferably a happy/clumsy/funny one to go nice with her Dragonite and to break even more stereotypes.
I always thought Goodra was random although you'd think if she had anything new it would have been revered although I spose they could have decided to save it for the M8. Hydreigon all the way though. It just makes sense seeing as it's a Unova dragon and hasn't actually had any sort of roll in JN at all.

Master Pikachu 11

I always thought Goodra was random although you'd think if she had anything new it would have been revered although I spose they could have decided to save it for the M8. Hydreigon all the way though. It just makes sense seeing as it's a Unova dragon and hasn't actually had any sort of roll in JN at all.
She should have another new Pokémon on her team so that it made sense on how she was able to jump ahead of Ash in the Masters 8 since I doubt that just relying on Dragonite and Haxorous only to help her climb up so she must have another new Pokémon if her Gible never evolved.

tsunamimijumaru

She should have another new Pokémon on her team so that it made sense on how she was able to jump ahead of Ash in the Masters 8 since I doubt that just relying on Dragonite and Haxorous only to help her climb up so she must have another new Pokémon if her Gible never evolved.
I'm hoping her team has expanded a decent amount I always thought she should have a Hydreigon and maybe she could have Lapras from BW2 no longer afraid of Ice types showing a bit more growth. I'm not entirely sure what to think about Gible since it was shown in a fantasy but I spose that's just a reference to the special she had after she stopped travelling with Ash I don't know if that stops it from actually evolving. I wonder if Emolga is still actually relevant though considering her personality I think it would be weird for it to be lazy and not even like battling to suddenly be champion tier, I wouldn't be surprised if she's just like Goh's Grookey and just a shoulder mon now.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I'm hoping her team has expanded a decent amount I always thought she should have a Hydreigon and maybe she could have Lapras from BW2 no longer afraid of Ice types showing a bit more growth. I'm not entirely sure what to think about Gible since it was shown in a fantasy but I spose that's just a reference to the special she had after she stopped travelling with Ash I don't know if that stops it from actually evolving. I wonder if Emolga is still actually relevant though considering her personality I think it would be weird for it to be lazy and not even like battling to suddenly be champion tier, I wouldn't be surprised if she's just like Goh's Grookey and just a shoulder mon now.
A part of me thinks that Lapras might be more likely then Hydreigon since they can have Iris use it's Gigantamax form in her M8 battle.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
A part of me thinks that Lapras might be more likely then Hydreigon since they can have Iris use it's Gigantamax form in her M8 battle.
In theory they can give her an Aggron which can Mega Evolve as well (or even a Salamance) or give Hydreigon to Lance who uses it in B2W2 BWT Team.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
In theory they can give her an Aggron which can Mega Evolve as well (or even a Salamance) or give Hydreigon to Lance who uses it in B2W2 BWT Team.
Salamance would be the more likely of the two if they went the Mega route. As for Lance he's a lot options for Dragon types besides Hydreigon so they can still give one to Iris.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I find it hilarious that there are still people who think that Ash and Alain won’t battle. Yeah, they included the only rival who Ash never defeated in the Masters 8 instead of Paul or literally any game character, after teasing him and MC-X in the Greninja episode, only for him to not battle against Ash.

Probably the same people who thought Ash would use a reserve in the Kalos League instead of Goodra, who was teased during Serena’s final performance, because “Ash released him”.

DuskAstral

I find it hilarious that there are still people who think that Ash and Alain won’t battle.
I belong to these people and I just can't imagine it. Not only did Satoshi not react to the information that his old rival is in the M8, but the creators cannot bring back Greninja, when Kalos is still in danger.

It would be better if their fight wasn't related to the PWC.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I belong to these people and I just can't imagine it. Not only did Satoshi not react to the information that his old rival is in the M8, but the creators cannot bring back Greninya, when Kalos is still in danger.
Why can't they bring back Greninja? Can't they do whatever they want?

DuskAstral

Why can't they bring back Greninja? Can't they do whatever they want?
They can, but it would be selfish to bring Greninja back. Kalos is still under threat, so he can't be left without a defender (don't forget that only Greninja can sense these roots).

If Satoshi and Alain were to fight, it would only be outside of the PWC.
The ideal scenario in my opinion:
Alain learns about the roots and offers to help Satoshi accepts. Then we get the episode where both boys arrive in Kalos, and that's where we get the Ash-Greninja vs MC-X fight.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I belong to these people and I just can't imagine it. Not only did Satoshi not react to the information that his old rival is in the M8, but the creators cannot bring back Greninja, when Kalos is still in danger.

It would be better if their fight wasn't related to the PWC.

I don’t think that the fact that he didn’t react to it is enough to think they won’t battle at all. It was the end of the episode and they already showed his reaction to Iris. Having this immediately followed by a reaction on Alain would’ve been weird from a director’s perspective.

As for Kalos being in danger, there are so many ways to make it happen: Zygarde could simply tell Greninja that it’s ok if it’s just for one battle, or we could have Lucario acting as a substitute now that he is linked with Ash and Greninja.

As I said: If they wouldn’t battle, then the writers wouldn’t have introduced the audience to Greninja, Alain, MC-X and the Kalos League final 2 episodes before the M8 roster was confirmed. The fact that they went out of their way to include Alain over Paul or any game character is proof enough that they want to conclude his rivalry with Ash.

Also, though this is just a minor point: Alain was the MC of the ME specials, where his fight against Steven was interrupted. In my opinion, the possibility of Alain defeating Steven before battling Ash is higher than Ash and Alain not battling in the M8.

DuskAstral

Zygarde could simply tell Greninja that it’s ok if it’s just for one battle,
And the roots at this time will be patiently waiting for Greninja to return. As was shown in Episode 108, these roots appear unknown when, so one battle is enough to destroy Kalos to some extent.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Emloga is still on Iris’ team and it would seem weird and OOC if she just boxed her after becoming Champion. Plus it’s not like she would be that out of place considering Ash has Pikachu if her not being “menacing” enough is the issue. And Iris doesn’t like Ice Types and only half of her team are Dragons in BW anyway. It’s possible Emolga and Excadrill are still there