• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Not gonna lie, the shots they used in this trailer (what little we see of 'em) don't look too great. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Alain potentially not fighting Ash (or heck, even Leon) at all; makes me wonder why he's even here to begin with.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Not gonna lie, the shots they used in this trailer (what little we see of 'em) don't look too great. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Alain potentially not fighting Alain (or heck, even Leon) at all; makes me wonder why he's even here to begin with.
I think they are doing exhibition matches. Every battle was 1v1 and all of them were using their aces.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Not ALL of them, Ash appears to be using his Dragonite against Diantha (and yes it's Ash's, the eyes might look determined but it's not the 'permanently enraged' look Iris's mon has).
Ash vs Diantha with Dragonite kind of solidifies no reserves for me. Another missed opportunity to have AG vs MG and finish what was started in XY. Also that probably means Iris vs Lance cause of the rain.

nuzamaki90

Not ALL of them, Ash appears to be using his Dragonite against Diantha (and yes it's Ash's, the eyes might look determined but it's not the 'permanently enraged' look Iris's mon has).
That definitely looks like Ash’s Dragonite, Iris’ Dragonite’s eyes are drawn different. But at the same time Pikachu was using Thunderbolt against Mega Metagross, so maybe a free for all?

wellwellwells

Nope, Diantha and Ash are on the same side of the battlefield (our right), while Steven and Iris are in our left.

I think they are doing exhibition matches. Every battle was 1v1 and all of them were using their aces.

Iris seems to be using two, Dragonite and Haxorus. I doubt this is covering more than the first round.
Also I’m assuming the rain in Iris battle is from a GMAX water move, so Dianthia second mom might be Goodra (weird since we just saw one).

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Ash vs Diantha with Dragonite kind of solidifies no reserves for me. Another missed opportunity to have AG vs MG and finish what was started in XY. Also that probably means Iris vs Lance cause of the rain.
I mean, it looks like all these shots might be from the same episode. Maybe they're having some sort of 'exhibition' thing going on?
That definitely looks like Ash’s Dragonite, Iris’ Dragonite’s eyes are drawn different. But at the same time Pikachu was using Thunderbolt against Mega Metagross, so maybe a free for all?
What if it's some sort of 'Masters 8 Battle Royale' to get the audience pumped before the real thing? Could even be their way of getting some matchups out of the way before the actual tournament starts (like vs Diantha).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I mean, it looks like all these shots might be from the same episode. Maybe they're having some sort of 'exhibition' thing going on?

What if it's some sort of 'Masters 8 Battle Royale' to get the audience pumped before the real thing? Could even be their way of getting some matchups out of the way before the actual tournament starts (like vs Diantha).
It's possible. Though even if they're 1 vs 1, having four of them in one episode is too much.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Think they're from different episodes and this was a collective master 8 trailer.

And thank god Steven is battling Ash. Mega Metagross gonna welcome Piakchu to the big league.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nope don't think this is an exhibition round, but round one with 3 vs 3 or less just as I predicted, and it seems like reserves won't be used either as I said. Its not looking good for the masters 8 tournament and the writers track record since the end of DP proves that they'll mess this up in one way or another, which is why my expectations for this is so low that it is non existent.

nuzamaki90

Think they're from different episodes and this was a collective master 8 trailer.

And thank god Steven is battling Ash. Mega Metagross gonna welcome Piakchu to the big league.
The animation all looked like it was from a specific animator, their name is escaping me at the moment but it honestly all looks like it’s one episode. Also Leon, Iris, and Ash were all shown using at least 2 Pokémon so it might be some huge battle royale?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Nope don't think this is an exhibition round, but round one with 3 vs 3 or less just as I predicted, and it seems like reserves won't be used either as I said. Its not looking good for the masters 8 tournament and the writers track record since the end of DP proves that they'll mess this up in one way or another, which is why my expectations for this is so low that it is non existent.
I swear, if they just bring the reserves back so they can WATCH as Ash clobbers the Masters 8...

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
What a pleasure to see Tracey again.

However how disappointing this looks, thought we’d see Ash’s friends and reserves coming out to support him but looks like they’re all staying at their home to watch him rather than be in the stadium.

Gutted reserves don’t look like they’re being used here