• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I've still yet to see anything interesting about Lance besides some out of context tidbits from the manga. Imagining something to make him interesting is just making a headcanon.

Sham

The Guardian of War
He does now, but that’s why I said he doesn’t generally rely on them.. or hasn’t done until this point, should I say..
Ah, if it helps he’s probably the most “boring” because he just hasn’t been exposed the most. Iris was a main character, Sinnoh is old but BDSP just came out, ORAS was the last remake prior and XY wasn’t that long ago so Diantha, Steven and Alain aren’t that weird. Leon probably doesn’t need explanation.

Wouldn’t call Lance “boring” but he’s probably the least interesting in the bunch but that’s subjective

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I've still yet to see anything interesting about Lance besides some out of context tidbits from the manga. Imagining something to make him interesting is just making a headcanon.
At least he sounds like Joey Wheeler in the dub, which is somewhat amusing.

I find Diantha more boring tbh.

AJ97

Ash vs Lance is definitely a big deal for Ash and has far more stakes than any silly revenge match against a 1 trick pony trainer.
Even if Ash does lose the PWC, defeating Lance technically makes Ash the strongest trainer in Kanto (His native Region).

I would argue this would still be a very big deal for Ash.

Garbodor.

If I had to pick between seeing Ash vs Lance or Ash vs Alain then I would definitely go with Ash vs Lance for a multitude of reasons. Having said that, I wish after the master's 8 the writers will give us a 1 vs 1 between Ash Greninja and MCX. But I would not be holding my breath.

AJ97

If I had to pick between seeing Ash vs Lance or Ash vs Alain then I would definitely go with Ash vs Lance for a multitude of reasons. Having said that, I wish after the master's 8 the writers will give us a 1 vs 1 between Ash Greninja and MCX. But I would not be holding my breath.
Personally, I would like AG versus Mega Metagross or Mega Gardevoir Instead.
We've already seen a really good battle between MCX and AG. Sure the end result might be different but other than that, what else can be changed?

DayQuil95

Ash vs Lance is definitely a big deal for Ash and has far more stakes than any silly revenge match against a 1 trick pony trainer.
Even if Ash does lose the PWC, defeating Lance technically makes Ash the strongest trainer in Kanto (His native Region).

I would argue this would still be a very big deal for Ash.
Plus if Greninja isn't involved, then I don't really care about seeing Ash vs Alain, literally all their rivalry had going for it is the Greninja vs Charizard dynamic, and since they already had 3 fights, with all 3 of them being spectacular in animation and choreography, I'd prefer Ash to battle someone he has never fought instead.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Plus if Greninja isn't involved, then I don't really care about seeing Ash vs Alain, literally all their rivalry had going for it is the Greninja vs Charizard dynamic, and since they already had 3 fights, with all 3 of them being spectacular in animation and choreography, I'd prefer Ash to battle someone he has never fought instead.
Some people want to see Ash actually win against him this time.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
As much as I would have liked to see another Ash vs Alain battle and an AG-MCX rematch, I’m ok with this not happening. Yeah, I’m one of the people who thinks that battle would make the most narrative sense.

But if Ash has to take a slightly tougher road through Lance or Steven to get to Leon, then it’s OK too.

And while some reserves would have been nice, I’m also OK with Ash’s team competing as it is.

Guy100

I've said this before in a previous post. I have a feeling the masters 8 tournament will get swept through fairly quickly.

Ash will win the tournament and Leon's arc may closeout with him visiting Mustard for special training.

Prior to the final match I predict the quarter matches as follows:

Alain vs Leon; Battle of the Strongest Charizards

Iris vs Lance; Battle of Dragon Trainers

Cynthia vs Dianatha; Battle of the Diva Models

Ash vs Steven ; Battle of Senior Regional Champion vs Newly Crowned Regional Champ

Semi Match;

Ash vs Cynthia; Battle will test Ash's ascension to becoming a true apex challenger of the tournament.

Leon vs Lance; Rematch battle of the season; Lance may use his own Charizard

Final Match; Ash vs Leon

On a side note, I dont see the finale of Goh's project mew expedition arc happening during the Masters 8 tournament, especially if its a week expidition to search for Regigigas. It would mean Goh would be absent for a portion of the tournament, and I dont see that happening.

Furthermore, there are still a few legendaries and mythical pokemon that have yet to make their debut; Zarude, the three regional bird variants, and Calyrex.
If the new episode titles are confirmed, it looks like my prediction match ups I posted a while back may possibly come true.