• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The future is not clear
Idk if Ash will win or that man

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the only thing Ash being monarch does is solidify that the PWC will be coming back next series

It still could regardless, but it would be a certainty if he wins, since he can't simply discard the title of world monarch and walk away like it's nothing.

DuskAstral

Can't he pull a Battle Frontier here?
Battle Frontier is different, as Satoshi declined the offer because he wanted to continue traveling.

Being a Monarch doesn't prevent him from traveling, so why would he want not to take it?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Not necessarily. They can offscreen it and use it as excuse to show Ash less.

while that part is true DuskAstral nailed the other thing.

Battle Frontier is different, as Satoshi declined the offer because he wanted to continue traveling.

Being a Monarch doesn't prevent him from traveling, so why would he want not to take it?

Ash can still travel being a monarch, the battle frontier would've forced him to stay in one location.

The other thing is that the BF was treated more like a secret fight club, where only those who Scott saw worthy could challenge it, and is also for the most part in one region that being Kanto with Brandon being the exception of being in sinnoh right now.

The PWC meanwhile is a world wide tournament where everyone could enter, and it's gained Ash alot more attention than anything else he's done in his career, even winning the alola league.

combined with beating 2 champions, possibly 3 if he does beat Leon, I can't see him simply walking off, not only would it be disrespectful to those he beat, but I get the feeling a few of them probably wouldn't let him vacate the title if he tried like Bea.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
while that part is true DuskAstral nailed the other thing.

Ash can still travel being a monarch, the battle frontier would've forced him to stay in one location.
True. It's easier to let him travel. But he has "responsibilities" like defending his title and stuff.
The other thing is that the BF was treated more like a secret fight club, where only those who Scott saw worthy could challenge it, and is also for the most part in one region that being Kanto with Brandon being the exception of being in sinnoh right now.
Fair and never have been heard of it ever since DP...
The PWC meanwhile is a world wide tournament where everyone could enter, and it's gained Ash alot more attention than anything else he's done in his career, even winning the alola league.
Yeah I wonder how that will influence him.
combined with beating 2 champions, possibly 3 if he does beat Leon, I can't see him simply walking off, not only would it be disrespectful to those he beat, but I get the feeling a few of them probably wouldn't let him vacate the title if he tried like Bea.
I guess that is true. Or he loses offscreen of course...

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Unless the next anime series focuses on a new protagonist with Ash basically being demoted to the role of a supporting mentor figure, I'm not expecting this to happen, but I do except the PWC to be at least acknowledged if they are not doing a hard reboot of the entire anime.
It will probably be acknowledged. It is not like the league or any tournament. This is BIG for all the world to see.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

The point of his journeys now is just to keep travelling on new adventures and meet other undiscovered pokemon, being pokemon master is an afterthought now. I dont see a new a reason why he would not keep travelling.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
The point of his journeys now is just to keep travelling on new adventures and meet other undiscovered pokemon, being pokemon master is an afterthought now. I dont see a new a reason why he would not keep travelling.
Being the best battler isn't the only step to become a Pokemon Master. The problem is that they never mentioned anything that not involved battle to be a Pokemon Master.

Do you need to be able to understand Pokemon? Ash does it already

Do you need to see all the Pokemon?
Ash is busy with it.

Example:
In the Mewtwo episode, Ash says "Beating the strongest legendary Pokemon" is one step closer to be a Pokemon Master.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I wonder whether Ash not getting any of the Galar starters, had to do with them being reserved for Leon's team.
It makes it even more pitiful that Galar Champion uses almost all Galar mon+G-max Charizard while Ash does not have a single Alola mon on his Team.
Imagine Ash using G-max Melmetal, Incineroar and Hisuian Decidueye here.

Last edited: