• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Future of the World Championships

Litleonid

You know....This tweet from Rica Matsumoto is ??? The Twitter translation makes it feel as if she's saying goodbye to the role? But I'd need a better translation probably.

Whatever Ash's future is, nobody can say for sure. If he wins, he's the World Champion. He is the strongest trainer in the whole world. If he does win...Now what?

If he loses to Leon, he'd start at #2 for the next PWC season. He can immediately try again, but what would be the point of having him do it again, especially when we wouldn't be watching him climb the ranks unless he lost like 50 battles in a row, which is unrealistic for Ash. And what would be the point of having him climb back to face Gen VIII's Champion when we're in Gen IX? There's just no point.

Whatever Ash's future is, whether he defeats Leon or not, nobody knows for sure. And I mean nobody knows for sure.

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I don't care for this match

The only way I could like it if it ends like this:

kJ3uwE.gif

doofinc

get rillaboomed
So the Ash DMax shot from the first Masters 8 trailer was definitely not used during M8 given how Gmax Gengar was summoned. Probably a reused clip from somewhere (they also reused clips from the end of Ash vs Raihan) but I guess that was some minor bamboozle since I fully expected GMax Gengar vs Steven instead.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

kJ3uwE.gif
Bah Gawd, King! That’s Raihan’s music.

And he’s got a Steel-Type Pokémon!

Spyro39

kJ3uwE.gif
Funny how you repeatedly claim multiple times on this forum you don't care about the show anymore or its future, yet you're still here posting stuff about it. So, you still must care to some extent. Because if you didn't, you would've moved on for good.

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Funny how you repeatedly claim multiple times on this forum you don't care about the show anymore or its future, yet you're still here posting stuff about it. So, you still must care to some extent. Because if you didn't, you would've moved on for good.

It's the second time I have to post this in a week.

I like the show yes... well not journeys. I only like it for Team Rocket.

I will explain it again why I watch this show...

If it gets good I will not realize it if I stop watching it

Second I do what I want on my free time.

I want the show to end? Nope and Yes

No cause I will miss Team Rocket

Yes cause I think 25 years is more than enough, Pokemon anime has outlived it's time to put it to rest.

Ali.Frenstein

It's the second time I have to post this in a week.

I like the show yes... well not journeys. I only like it for Team Rocket.

I will explain it again why I watch this show...

If it gets good I will not realize it if I stop watching it

Second I do what I want on my free time.

I want the show to end? Nope and Yes

No cause I will miss Team Rocket

Yes cause I think 25 years is more than enough, Pokemon anime has outlived it's time to put it to rest.

More than 25.5 years actually...since April 1st, 1997. It's about time. :)

charchar56

the writers wouldn't let the PWC end in a tie......would they?

If the DD part 5(?) interrupts the final match, then it could be followed by a 1:1 rematch or just abruptly end by calling them both the champs lol

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
the writers wouldn't let the PWC end in a tie......would they?

If the DD part 5(?) interrupts the final match, then it could be followed by a 1:1 rematch or just abruptly end by calling them both the champs lol
Or we will get a Lucario vs Charizard tie-breaker which would be lame.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Or we will get a Lucario vs Charizard tie-breaker which would be lame.
I doubt that any of the current six for Ash or Leon would take part in a tie-breaker battle. If the match ended in a tie and went to a tie-breaker, I think that it would be a battle between Eternatus and either Charizard or Mr. Mime: Charizard because it would harken back to the time when he caused Ash to lose the Indigo League so long ago. The in universe reason for Charizard would be because he already knows Dragon Tail and if he learned Dragon Pulse since we last saw him battle, it would give him a super effective close range and long range move against Eternatus, which could give him a chance in the battle.

As for using Mr. Mime against Eternatus, Mr. Mime is part Fairy-type, which negates Eternatus's Dragon-typing and while he would be weak against Eternatus's Poison-typing, his Psychic-typing would take care of that, at least offensively. Also, since Mr. Mime knows Reflect and Light Screen, as well as Psychic, he would probably be able to protect himself against Eternatus's Poison-type attacks pretty well, and is invulnerable to Eternatus's Dragon-type attacks.

It would be a case of whether or not Ash goes with the offensive abilities and mobility of Charizard, or goes with the defensive powers and typing of Mr. Mime. If the battle goes to a tie-breaker against Eternatus, I could easily see either Charizard or Mr. Mime facing it and possibly even getting the win.

tonikranjc

It's a bit unrelated, but as I see that many of Pokemon Fans here are older like me, I decided to share a project I was doing. It's my own reimagined version of Pokemon Anime, which rewrites some of the original anime, but also adds many characters and stories from the games. I will also stick to the timeline and this series will see Ash grow up. You have more info in the description of the book.
This rewrite may interest some people, maybe nobody reads it and it becomes my comfort read, but it will always be there if some of the fans may want something different.

The link is here:

AJ97

It's a bit unrelated, but as I see that many of Pokemon Fans here are older like me, I decided to share a project I was doing. It's my own reimagined version of Pokemon Anime, which rewrites some of the original anime, but also adds many characters and stories from the games. I will also stick to the timeline and this series will see Ash grow up. You have more info in the description of the book.
This rewrite may interest some people, maybe nobody reads it and it becomes my comfort read, but it will always be there if some of the fans may want something different.

The link is here:
Tbh I think you should stick with your personal interpretation and not incorporate manga, game elements, or those from alternate universes. Seth's character was a nice introduction. However, forcing "Leaf" and literally using her actual name as well ruins it for me.

SatoSereFan224888

A tie is worse than a defeat in my opinion
Actually Ash losing would be the worst decision ever! He won’t lose clean. There will be shenanigans if he loses, just like in Kalos.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

SatoSereFan224888

My leaker, who rhymes with Wicket, has told me that Ash is retiring and the next series is about his child with Serena.
Well if Ash does become an adult, I’d like to see him voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga in Japanese & Bryce Papenbrook in English.