• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The G/S/C Scramble Challenge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Hey-O. Optical Flash started this in the Third Generation section, and I was surprised to see it wasn't in the Second Generation section... So, let's get it started!

Copied and pasted from his:

Hey all, its Optical Flash (new username but long time user of the forums and of course the main site). Well to be short about this explaination I want a challenge, so Im letting the first six people to reply to this post a chance to decide which pokemon I use on the team. No duplicates please... I dont want a team full of Caterpies and Magikarps >.> lol.

All I ask is that you be fair, unevolved pokemon are fine... just not ones that wont help in anyway, I.E: Caterpie,Magikarp,etc. The challenge is simple but designed to completely throw me off how I usually make my teams(Hopefully).

Every few days once the challenge has begun I will post my progress, along with badges, hard battles and the teams current levels so that all of you can see how hard... or easy the team that was designed for me is faring.

There are simple rules which I will explain now;

1. No duplicates of any kind of pokemon. Also no legendaries

2. Pokemon that will obviously be useless, I.E Caterpie, Magikarp and etc.

3. Post which version you'll be using. This is extremely important if you cannot trade!!!

4. Each person that replies(up to the first six per challenge) may say a pokemon, it could be anything from your favorite pokemon to just a pokemon you dont think you've ever seen used before. The choice is yours to make.

5. Just have fun with it of course, its only a game and if you have to admit defeat, there is no shame but only to try to beat a different FR/LG Scramble Challenge!!!

6. When assigning a pokemon to someone for their team, you may only assign ONE pokemon PER post PER user PER team. In example, if three people or more above your post. You may only assign ONE member a pokemon then thats it from you for their team... Im sorry but one person assigning 3+ people a pokemon is getting kinda old... gotta let other people do it too(lol).

I hope you all like my idea for this special challenge Ive prepared. I will also be setting up a R/S/E Scramble Challenge so if you dont want to restart your FR/LG game, you may try your luck at R/S/E!!! I also hope others will post with replies to have their own teams designed by their fellow trainers for possibly their greatest challenge ever!!

Until Next Time..

Optical Flash - Aaron

Dresden

Pokémon Master
And I'll start it off... Silver version, no trading.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
First off there was 1 and it was locked do to member inactivity. Second off, u can take a Starmie.

I'll take this on Gold

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Ah, ok. Well, hopefully this one stays active. You can take a Murkrow.

1. Starmie

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
I'll take this on crystal- no trading as my gold and silver both suffer battery death (i keep meaning to replace them.)

Dresden, you can have Togetic.
Ground tamer, take Porygon.... or if you don't want to have to wait until the Celadon game corner, Ditto.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
All right. And I meant to say Crystal, not Silver, so keep that in mind for the rest of it.

1. Feraligatr
2. Furret

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Oh woops, forgot I'd already gotten some assigned. And I didn't see your post. Yeah, I started with Totodile, so Feraligatr's in there too.

1. Ferligatr
2. Starmie
3. Togetic
4. Furret

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Cool. This sounds fun, any chance you could recommend me some pokemon? Think I'll start with Chickorita, as I almost always start with Cyndaquil, and my water monotype challenge means I've had quite enough of water types for the moment.

Last edited:

chinzozak

The Wingull Abides
Since it may take a while to generate more responses, everyone taking a challenge can have a sudowoodo.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Actually, so I'm not using two water types, screw the Feraligatr.

Lifesharker, take a Magmar for that team o' yours.

1. Starmie
2. Togetic
3. Furret
4. Sudowoodo

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Ok, thank you very much sah! Also, are we allowed to use HM slaves outside of the pokemon we're given?

1. Meganium
2. Sudowoodo
3. Magmar

Last edited:

squirrel

Can i just pop in and say Schweet! :D

I'll take one for Crystal, no trading, and I'd like an Odd Egg Pokemon. :D

By the way here's a list of Odd Egg Pokemon. ._.;
Pichu, Togepi, Tyrogue, Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Cleffa, or Igglybuff

I'll help Dresden for now. Take a Pichu from your Odd egg, which you can happily evolve into a Pikachu! :D

chinzozak

The Wingull Abides
squirrel take a Elekid, enjoy.

squirrel

I'm guessing (and hoping) that you mean Elekid for Odd Egg.

- Electabuzz
-
-
-
-

I forgot to mention, only 5 pokemon so I can fit in an HM slave.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
When is the Pokemon in the odd egg decided? When you just get it or when it's hatching? Because if it's when you first get it, there's no way I'm saving and then running around till it hatches over and over till I get a Pichu...

And Squirrel, take a Granbull.

Dang it, no more noobish 3rd gen teams for me to rate... I guess it's time for me to move onto 2nd gen for a while, since I just recently got a Crystal Version.

And the Odd Egg is decided before you get it, so yeah, you have to save in front of the old man and reset and hatch the egg many times until you get what you're looking for. I know I'll definitely do it for a Magmar or Electabuzz.

And speaking of which... Dresden, take Magmar.

Squirrel, take Hypno.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Woot. Magmar is easy to get... just go to the Buned Tower.

1. Starmie
2. Togetic
3. Sudowoodo
4. Furret
5. Magmar

Just one more!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.