• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Galactic Files

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Ooh, ominous. It was cool to look into the backstory a bit and learn more about Stewey.

One thing though is word usage is a little limited. You used 'retorted' twice in a row and 'conjured' a good few times as well. Versatility is important.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ooh, ominous. It was cool to look into the backstory a bit and learn more about Stewey.

One thing though is word usage is a little limited. You used 'retorted' twice in a row and 'conjured' a good few times as well. Versatility is important.

Ok, thanks for reading. I'll remember that on the next chapter. And I'M FINALLY AT 3 PAGES! Random freak out over.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side

This comment liked for truth.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Well, it has been way too long since I added a new chapter, so here. Thanks goes to Glover for beta reading like always.

The Battle on the Mount

~Xander~

Xander, Phoenix, and Zephyr were in Mt. Coronet. The three were almost to Spear Pillar when they were attacked by a horde of Zubat.

"Dang," Zephyr remarked, "there aren't many things that are infinite, but the number of Zubats here is one of them."

"Yeah, but at least they're relatively weak." Phoenix said.

"Hey, there's the exit!" Xander yelled. The three, excited to finally get out of the damp cave, ran to the exit. The sudden difference in light would have hurt, had there not been a storm raging. And in the midst of the downpour, Galactic was hard at work

"Oh no." passed through Phoenix's mouth. There were similar sentiments coming from the others.

"Phoenix, Zephyr, follow me." Xander whispered as he crouched behind one of the fallen pillars.

Kira walked down to the middle of the camp and raised her hand. "Friends, followers of Team Galactic, behold as we begin our new world where this one stands. A world of rights, where emotions do not get in the way. As you may see we have exact replicas of the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs." the Supreme Commander said as she motioned for two crystals. They were a foggy off-colored version of the orbs, but radiated power. "These not only summon the two dragons but also enslave them. The only thing stronger are the actual gems. Not even the Red Chain is as powerful.

You might also be wondering if we learned from our last failure. If you did not hear of it, we got here and as we summoned the dragons of time and space, Giratina interceded and stopped us, and we then had to deal with those pesky Lucas and Dawn. This time, though, we can not fail, as Giratina has been dealt with. Now watch and see as a new world order begins!"

Kira walked to Charon, who was typing on the massive super computer. The pedestal where the orbs lay began to raise and lightning flashed in the distance. The three were frozen in awe at what they were experiencing. The orbs gained altitude and the air changed. Two rifts came from midair and Dialga and Palkia emerged in what looked like a trancelike state. A bolt of electricity bolted down from the heavens at that exact moment, and the whole area became thick with the scent of ozone. Most of the grunts gave a grunt of awe. They were standing in front of the beings they had worshipped!

Xander pulled out his Pokedex and registered the two legends.

Dialga, the Temporal Pokemon. It has the power to control time. It appears in Sinnoh Region mythology as an ancient deity. The ability is Telepathy.

Palkia, the Spatial Pokemon. It is said to live in a gap in a spatial dimension parallel to ours. It appears in mythology. The ability is Telepathy.

"That can't be right." Xander remarked. "They're supposed to have Pressure. That must mean those are Pokemon with Hidden Abilities! We have save them. Rotom, Scolipede, Heatran, Latias, Salamence, and Heracross, help me!" Xander issued duties and rushed to confront the enemies. Phoenix and Zephyr were snapped out of their awe and prepared to help the professor.

"Infernape, Eelectross, Sceptile, Hydreigon, Jellicent, and Zoroark, come out!" Phoenix called.

Taking cues from his brother and Xander, Zephyr flung his six Pokeballs and yelled "Swampert, Serperior, Chandelure, Porygon-Z, Jolteon, and Salamence, help us out!"

The three faced an uphill battle ahead of them. Xander noted that the average number of Pokemon owned by the grunts was two, and they were all relatively weak. Still, the three and their Pokemon face odds of ten grunts to one of them.

Xander glimpsed at how his team was doing. Scolipede gave an insect-like roar and summoned a pool of poison, intoxicating all foes within the range. He then sent a poison shockwave through the incapacitated grunts and various Pokemon. The grunts who were lucky narrowly escaped and pulled out a gun or sword and went to defend themselves. When this happened or should a Croagunk or Toxicroak be in the mess Latias would peer down and send Psychic blasts into the other poison types. Heatran was working with Phoenix's Infernape and Zephyr's Swampert. The three were insulting the grunts' teams and when man, woman, and Pokemon came within distance they were speared by Stealth Rocks. If the foes were not down by then the trio would barrage them with their elemental prowess. Heatran would unleash a maelstrom of magma while Infernape would send an intense blast of flames and Swampert would send a beam of icy-cold energy upon his foes. The rest were out of his line of sight.

Xander noticed the progress of Phoenix and Zephyr each was making a diagonal path towards Palkia and Dialga, respectively. He could also see the orbs on each of the brothers' neck glow brighter as they made way toward the dragons. The being of Time and the one of Space seemed to break free from the artificial gems for the shards of the actual gems.

That was when the professor noticed where some of the rest of his team was. Zephyr's Jolteon and Porygon-Z, Phoenix's blue Sceptile and Eelectross and his Rotom were dealing with the computer and pedestal where the manmade gems lay.

Rotom and Porygon-Z were deep in the hardware of the computer, each tackling their own obstacles. With them on different planes, the two never intermingled. Jolteon and Eelectross were overcharging the unit with massive jolts of electricity. Meanwhile Sceptile was sending a barrage of blasts at his foes as he dodged their attacks in a flurry of stars. Any Galactic grunt or Pokemon were blasted within seconds. Then there was Charon, who ran off at the moment the Rotom and Porygon evolution arrived on the scene.

Xander arrived to the computer about the time. He gripped a dagger that he found on one of the grunts. Zephyr and Phoenix got there with Dialga and Palkia behind them. They scanned the losses. Some of their teammates had been hurt, but not anything fatal. That was when Kira made herself seen again, almost out of nowhere.

"Well, I thought Cyrus would have dealt with you idiots by now, but I guess I'll have to take matters into my own hands." Kira stood as a powerful force swept over the three friends. "Now put the weapons down and command the two dragons to create our new world." After saying so the two brothers turned toward their respective deity and obediently followed the Supreme Commander's order.

So now we only have about three or four more chapters until this story will be over, but don't fret! I am working on a new fic that will serve to be a prequel to this. Please leave a review if you have read it and I'll be back in the coming week (hopefully) with another chapter.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Oh no! Why, Dialga and Palkia?? Don't listen to her! D:

I felt like listing all the Pokemon was kind of cumbersome. I would have just said that they sent out their Pokemon. The battle description was good, though, saying how each Pokemon did their part. When they were working on the computer, I would have shortened it. I'd have done something more like:

Charon had run off at the moment Rotom and Porygon-Z arrived on the scene. The two Pokemon were deep inside the hardware, crossing planes and dealing with their own issues. Jolteon and Eelektross tried to override the unit with massive blasts of electricity. The blue Sceptile covered for the team by chasing off Galactic grunts and Pokemon, shoud they ever draw near.

I feel like this way, it's more straightforward and describes what the Pokemon were doing with less confusion.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Oh no! Why, Dialga and Palkia?? Don't listen to her! D:

I felt like listing all the Pokemon was kind of cumbersome. I would have just said that they sent out their Pokemon. The battle description was good, though, saying how each Pokemon did their part. When they were working on the computer, I would have shortened it. I'd have done something more like:

Charon had run off at the moment Rotom and Porygon-Z arrived on the scene. The two Pokemon were deep inside the hardware, crossing planes and dealing with their own issues. Jolteon and Eelektross tried to override the unit with massive blasts of electricity. The blue Sceptile covered for the team by chasing off Galactic grunts and Pokemon, shoud they ever draw near.

I feel like this way, it's more straightforward and describes what the Pokemon were doing with less confusion.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
If I have my way then it will be posted on Wednesday. If not then it will probably be over the next weekend. It's great to hear The Galactic Files has a reader!

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Well, it has been WAY too long. I promise it won't take as long for the next. Oh well, here it is now!

A not-so Turnback Cave

~Ralph~

The group of four emerged from the portal by the water at Turnback Cave. The storm was at the moment on Mt. Coronet, where Ralph felt powerful forces were in battle.

"Ralph, this is your final test with me." Stewey began, breaking the silence, "Tomorrow we will enter the cave. If you can go through without getting lost I will know you can use your powers fully. Though today it is late. We will camp here for the night."

Ralph had a hard time going to sleep that night. He was somewhere he had never been. It was a place he seemed to know though. He began to walk around, feeling at home when he went upside down and happy when he walked up waterfalls and jumped from bits of the ground. He eventually got to a cliff with a deep abyss where the he could tell it was not possible to go any farther.

"Young one, release me." said a voice that echoed from the pit. "I will guide you through the cave to my chamber where I have been disturbed. It is there that I will help you realize your full potential."

"What? Who are you? How do you know me?" Ralph asked the being.

The creature chuckled and went on, "You will know soon enough, young one."

The next day the four and Shaymin woke before the sun went up. Stewey led the way to the bridge that overlooked the fourth Sinnoh lake and Turnback Cave.

"Ok Ralph, here is your first trial: take us from here to the other side of the lake, to the entrance of the cave without opening a portal to transport you. This is will not be timed."

Use my power and summon my faithful Pelipper. He will give all of you a ride if you tell him you are sent by me.

How am I supposed to tell him that I am aligned with you when I don't even know who you are? Who are you?

So many questions. Show him your family's ring.

Ralph did as the voice said. He closed his eyes and focused on summoning the water bird. As he did so the water rippled and a whole flock of Pelipper flew out. Ralph showed them the sample of the Griseous Orb on his ring and the group did a sort of salute.

"Hey, ummm, Pelipper, could you take us to the entrance to Turnback Cave?" When Ralph finished this the birds divided into a pair for each person and began their flight across the lake. The people had the privilege of guiding the seagulls across. They had to guide them away from the patches of fog that would slow them down.

Eventually the group landed to the bank of the cave's entrance. The Pelipper, exhausted from the flight, did a rain dance, which brought a nice rainy mist. The water types rejoiced in the rain, so Dave checked his Pokedex.

Pelipper, the Water Bird Pokemon. It is a messenger of the skies, carrying Pokemon and Eggs to safety. The ability is Rain Dish.

"I've seen a lot of Pelipper, but just as I thought, these are different. They have their hidden ability. How did they get here Ralph?" Dave asked.

"Some voice told me to use his Pelipper to get across. It told me to show them the ring and they would help us." Ralph replied. The flock, knowing their mission was over, saluted again to Ralph and flew into the water, from where they came.

"Good job Ralph." The Sage said, "Your next trial is much harder. We are about to enter Turnback Cave. At the end is Giratina's Chamber. This is one place in our world that the being is allowed to inhabit. Your task is to go through the cave and get to Giratina's Chamber in less than thirty minutes. We will follow behind. Now begin!" Ralph walked into the cave. As he did the feeling from his dream came back to him.

Now, here is how to get to my chamber. First you must pass the three pillars. The three have what you humans call magnetism, but a form that is between the columns and my orb. Use the ring.

Ralph nodded, taking in the information. He walked down to the center of the room and tossed the ring straight up. It went just a couple of inches toward the room to right. The boy picked it up and pointed.

"We're going there." Ralph stated as he walked through. The other three followed. When Stewey, Dave, and Glover arrived they saw Ralph in the middle by the pillar as he tossed the shard up again. All it did was stick to the column four feet above the boy's head.

"Awwww! Skarmory and Banette, get the Griseous ring!" Ralph called as he threw two of his Pokeballs up, releasing his metal bird and ghost. The two grabbed the piece of jewelry and were rewarded by going back into their Pokeballs.

You will not be able to do it the same way as the last, young one. You must think of a different way. I regret to inform you that I cannot help you much, except for one more shard of information. Distortion energy is magnetized to be attracted to the pillars.

“So I have to use my powers now.” Ralph said to himself.

“Only fifteen minutes left.” Stewey informed.

“Ok, thanks.” The boy replied as he went to work. He conjured three his bow and arrows and two distortion people, hoping his new idea would work. Each one was given a bow and told to go to an entrance. All three fired at once. A clang of when two objects being pulled together follow the sound of two arrows hitting the ground. Ralph pointed to the room the clang came from and the four entered the room with the second column. This process was repeated to get to the final pillar.

“Good job Ralph, and with ten minutes pick the chamber’s entrance.” Stewey instructed.

Do not send an arrow into the next set. There will be nothing to catch it. I will send off a stronger aura to help you.

Ralph nodded as the duplicates vanished, as well as their weapons. All of a sudden a powerful force swept over him. It seemed to come from the door ahead of them.

“There, that is Giratina’s Chamber.” The three ran after Ralph, who had taken off after finishing his sentence. What the four found upon arrival, though, was worse than words.

There, in front of them, was Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn and their underlings who had Giratina tied to a machine. The great dragon seemed to be unconscious.

“Well, well,” Saturn began, “it looks like we have company. Too bad you’re late. Toxicroak, show them what we do to late arrivers.”

“Purugly,” Mars began, “help Toxicroak out.”

Jupiter called her Pokemon out, “Skuntank, you know what to do.”

Dave and Glover walked next to Ralph. “How ‘bout we even the odds.” Dave asked, “I’ll take on Mars, Glover, you battle Jupiter, and Ralph, it’s just you and Saturn.”

The three took their places. Dave called out Cuddles, while Glover sent out Gizmo the Ditto, and Ralph sent out Skarmory again.

“Skarmory, let Toxicroak hit you, then Air Slash.” Ralph commanded. The Toxicroak played right into his trap too. After hitting the bird with a brick break, it became faster. “Now don’t let it hit you again!” The Skarmory nearly danced around the battlefield after being hit, sending blades of compact air at the poison Pokémon. The Toxicroak could not stand more than a couple and went down.

Ralph scanned the field. Dave had quickly disposed of the Purugly through Cuddles’s speed and blasts of aura. Glover was still working on Skuntank though. He had tried at first to daze him by having Gizmo turn into a fan and blow the stench right into the skunk, but when that proved ineffective he resorted to his second strategy. The Ditto was at the moment bouncing around Skuntank and when he got over the Pokemon would become an anvil and do something similar to a body slam or earthquake. After a few minutes Jupiter’s Pokemon was down too, which is when the three commanders ran into a portal with their grunts in tow. This left the three to see what Stewey had been doing.

So far Giratina was out of the machine but still unconscious. The sage, who was a master distortion power healer, was hard at work. Shaymin had skipped the battle this time to help the elder and the dragon.

“I have done all I can.” Stewey said after an hour. “You three go on. Find the others and take down Galactic. I’ll stay here with Giratina.”

“But what if Galactic comes back? We won’t be here to protect you.” Ralph said, not wanting to leave his only sane family member.

“Shaymin will be staying too.” Dave replied. “He told me a few minutes ago.”

“And when Giratina is back in health we will join you.” Stewey further explained. “But there is a world out there that needs a savior, and you six will be them. Just believe in your abilities.”

With that Ralph agreed and formed a portal. The three left the Sage, Shaymin, and Giratina in the cave for the coming war.

We're nearing the end everybody! Please take the time to comment, as even the smallest review is appreciated.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
The Last Battle... Maybe

~Dave~

The three exited the portal in a horror zone. They were deposited behind a pillar and were watching as the men finished their commando act. In front of them were bodies of Galactic grunts with Xander, Phoenix, and Zephyr doing whatever Kira willed. So far they had given Dialga and Palkia up and were about to let their Pokemon go to the Supreme Commander.

"Hey Glover," Dave whispered as he formed an idea, "do you want to help make a big entrance?"

"What kind of 'big entrance'?" Glover asked.

"One that will distract Kira so Ralph can snap the others out of their condition."

"And I ask again, what kind of big entrance?"

"Just follow my lead, you'll pick up."

"What about me?" Ralph asked.

"You help Xander, Phoenix, and Zephyr and in the end say that we're right." Dave instructed.

Dave and Glover walked from behind the pillar and to Kira, who had her back to the duo.

"Prepare for Trouble!" Dave began, and Glover had to stifle a laugh.

"And make it double!" Glover added and Kira turned and looked confused.

"To protect the world from devastation!" Ralph arrived to the other three and began talking and directing them to safety.

"To unite all people within our nation!"

"We blast off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight, fight, fight!"

"That's right!" Ralph added. Kira turned to confront the younger Distorter.

"That was a nice show, but you were leaving." the woman said as Ralph became dazed, but shook it off.

"Nice try, but you don't control me."

"Oh but Ralph, you can trust me. I'm here for you." Ralph did not hesitate to reject that. The boy then held his hand out, and a navy blue sword formed.

"Let's finish what we started."

"Oh, do you really think that is a good idea?" Kira asked as she drew a similarly colored whip. Dave and Glover took this chance to regroup with the other three. Dashing down worn, limestone stairs with a fight on their heels, the two found the brothers and Xander close to Mt. Coronet's cave entrance with Dialga and Palkia.

"Hey, so what did we miss here?" Dave asked.

"Oh, we have just almost been killed multiple times and nearly enslaved, but we helped Dialga and Palkia get away from Galactic, so it's all good." Zephyr replied.

"Where's Ralph?" Phoenix asked.

"Over there fighting Kira." Dave pointed as a scream was heard from that direction. Ralph had been taken down.

"Come on, we need to go help him!" Xander yelled.

"But how, he's the only one who had a weapon." Phoenix said as Palkia spoke to him. "Oh, Zephyr, we might be able to do something similar."

The two along with their patron deities spent the minutes later saving Ralph. Palkia twisted space and sent Kira and the Galactic grunts far away and Dialga used time to renew the group's strength. Ralph took the longest to heal, but after a while he too was ready to push on. The young distorter and his friends walked to the place where Cyrus had failed before and opened a portal to the Distortion World.

Inside the other dimension was a great tower with a Team Galactic "G" insignia on the front. All around were guard towers protecting on the off chance of invaders.

"So we have two legendary Pokemon and six of us. How are we supposed to get into that without being caught?" Dave asked.

"I think Dialga and I can deal with them," Zephyr said as he laughed and whispered a command to the Temporal Pokemon. It roared, and the guards seemed to shrink and within a matter of seconds the six thought they heard babies crying. They climbed the guard towers and found the guards were infants, and to make infiltrating the headquarters easier, they put on the uniforms.

"Is it wrong to take clothing from babies?" Zephyr asked, as the group borrowed the uniforms to sneak in.

"Only if it has candy in it." Glover replied.

"Ooh! Mine has money in it!"

One hour later the six were almost in Cyrus's quarters on the sixth floor. Dialga and Palkia had retreated to their dimensions, but could be called at a moment's notice. They scheduled an appointment with Cyrus and were awaiting their call to go in.

"You six, guards, Cyrus can see you now," the assistant said.

"Let's go boys," Glover commanded. The lair of the Supreme Commander was basically a grand throne room, with the masked man on the throne.

"What is so important that you must meet with me? You have an important duty," Cyrus stated.

"But sir, we're in a complete other dimension, no one is coming this time," Phoenix lied.

"Still, one must take precautions. Luckily Kira has probably finished exterminating the only pests that could possibly get in our way." Cyrus said confidently.

"Exterminate. Good ole Aunt Kira." Ralph muttered.

"What was that, guard?" Cyrus asked. He scowled like he had heard, but wanted to make sure.

"Well, let me just say Auntie didn't quite finish the job." Ralph brought forth his bow and arrows and aimed at Cyrus, "I'm Ralph, you're son and the one that will end your life."

Cyrus grimaced, "You six have come far, too bad it was all in vain. GUARDS!"

Within seconds guards were filing in. "Nice job Glover, we were almost home free," Dave growled.

"Oh, don't worry. I have an Ace up my sleeve for this battle."

"What?"

Glover chuckled, "You'll see."

"Hey, you two need to focus. If you haven't noticed we're kinda surrounded," Xander interrupted.

"Alright, then let's get started!" Dave said as he and his friends released the Pokemon for battle. For the first time Dave noticed how Glover only used five Pokemon. The grunts also released their Pokemon, revealing a multitude of the Zubat line along with the Glameow and Croagunk lines. "Hey, my team, come here! Group up, just don't go into battle solo, and if you need any help I'll be going around with my Capture Styler and some healing equipment. If any of you become weak I'll be around shortly. We can win this!"

In the span of time it took for Dave to give those instructions, Xander had mounted Salamence, the brothers had called for Dialga and Palkia, Ralph had started trying to call for Giratina, Stewey, and Shaymin, to no avail, and Glover had begun talking to a Pokeball.

Oh, joy. We're about to be killed and Glover is talking to a ball. I fear for humanity right now.

Just a moment later an attack was fired and the battle began. Dave, hoping for more aerial support began capturing Crobats with the styler he obtained when his family moved to Almia and he climbed the ranks as a Ranger. The bats lashed out, creating tornadoes of wind that killed the styler's path upon contact. Once captured he would turn them on their former allies, all seven at once. The bats would make a dent in the enemy's lines before leaving the battle. Dialga and Palkia were being ridden by the brothers, who were commanding them to use their attacks like they did earlier, and enemies either disappeared or became too young to fight. Ralph had conjured the club for this occasion, and went around sneaking up on the foes, concealing himself in energy and sacking them when he got close.

Glover fought alongside his Pokemon. Gizmo had become a bazooka and shooting something that resembled a flash cannon. The grunts who were not shot just kept getting closer, and they found themselves dealing with the rest of Glover's team. Next to him was Sunbeam and Moonlight, who were quietly guiding anyone who came close or making them run into Ferriday's net. Electricity was being pumped into it by Moto and Dreadnaught, which would stun the grunts and their Pokemon. Ferriday was making a pile of twitching, electrified enemies.

Even with the efforts put up by the six and their teams, Team Galactic was slowly gaining the upper hand, by numbers. Cuddles and Latias, who were flying around blasting aerial foes, found themselves facing two more Crobats for each one that they knocked down. On the ground, Xander's Heracross and Dave's Electabuzz were faced with Puruglies and Toxicroaks that would not fall quickly. That was when reinforcement came in.

"Ace, we need your help!" Glover called as he tossed one final Heal Ball into the air. A great purple swarm of energy materialized into a Deoxys. Then, the roof exploded and in came Stewey, Giratina, and Shaymin.

No time to be distracted, Dave thought, but with the extra extremely powerful hands helping their cause it gave the group a morale boost. Ralph got together with Giratina and Stewey and began to disappear, only to reappear by the largest congregations of enemies, knocking them down. Shaymin found itself with Latias and Togekiss, and together they began making progress. Dave, alone, found himself running out of Pokemon to capture, and then the grunts began to run away, only to be taken away by Palkia and Phoenix.

The seven recalled their Pokemon and the legendary dragons of Sinnoh left for their homes, far away. The men gathered together.

"Where's Cyrus?" Stewey asked. The others looked around; none of them had seen him since the battle began! "YOU LET HIM GET AWAY!?"

Suddenly, a wall of energy hit them, and they were all knocked down. Cyrus appeared back to the chamber. "On the contrary, I never left. I'm just biding my time, and I have waited long enough. And now I will get a few grunts to put you in my dungeon."

The Supreme Commander left, as three grunts entered.

"Get up and come with us, we know a way out." the closest one said.

"W-w-we're not going with you!" Ralph stated.

"Well, it's either us or the real grunts. We're from the International Police. I'm Looker..."

"I'm Listener..."

"And I'm Steve."

"Sure, International Police. You do look like Looker, but so I'm sure show us your badges." Xander commanded. The three did, and Xander affirmed that they were telling the truth.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT CYRUS!?" Stewey screamed.

"Look, we either rescue you or attempt to find him. We decided on this. We really need to go." Listener replied. And they did, with no opposition because there was not a single Team Galactic agent still in the building.

Well, it sure has been a great time for me to take on this project. There is an epilogue which I'll post next week, and it will then be over. If you've read the chapter please take the time to leave your feedback. Thanks to Glover for beta-reading!

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
This really is the end for The Galactic Files. Thanks to Glover for beta reading!

Goodbye, For Now...

The seven and the International Police slept in the Snowpoint City Pokemon Center and arrived back to the Abandoned Area the next day. The police had Cynthia meet them there to head the ceremony.

"We would like to thank these seven people for their extraordinary bravery in bringing Team Galactic to justice. Kira and all of the grunts who appeared in the Orre region will find themselves in prisons worldwide for their acts. And finally, we have gifts for each of these men. First, Sage Stewey, we know it is your dream to have this place back on the map, so by decree of the laws of Sinnoh I hereby name this the Victory Area! Phoenix and Zephyr, we would like to offer you two gyms here in your home region!"

"No thank you," the two said unanimously.

"Really?" Cynthia asked.

"I can't speak for Zephyr, but I would rather continue traveling the world without being trapped to a gym for one region."

"Couldn't have said it better bro!"

"Alright," Cynthia said, "the offer is always open should either of you change your minds. Xander and Glover, the league would like to apologize for their stubbornness in the War against Team Aqua and Magma. I still hate both of you so don't expect any forgiveness from me. Dave-"

"What?" Xander interrupted, "that's it?"

"Don't push it professor, you're lucky to get this much."

The others, not wanting to get on the volatile champion's bad side, stood there, admiring the local scenery. "I like that tree." Zephyr said.

"Yeah, that's a nice tree." Phoenix admired.

Anyway, where was I?" Cynthia said, "Oh, right, Dave, we know how you have been assisting Professor Xander in his research and the Castelia Institute would like to give you a full scholarship to obtain your own professor and researcher degree."

"Thank you! That's amazing!" Dave exclaimed.

"And finally, Ralph. The International Police would like to offer you a job in tracking down Cyrus. It will entail training in their boot camp in an undisclosed location where you will learn the basics of espionage and public safety."

"Sweet!" Ralph beamed.

An hour later the seven were talking in Stewey's hut.

"Ok, just so everyone knows, the results were positive! Pokemon with their 'Hidden Abilities' come from the Distortion World." Xander said.

"But you can't go around saying 'if you go to the Distortion World you can get special Pokemon'. We have come up with some kind of double truth." Ralph said.

"Of course! Ummm, does anyone know what we can call this?"

"The alternate dimension?" Zephyr suggested.

"No, let's have the initials be the same at least," Phoenix retorted.

"OH, what about the Dream World?" Dave asked.

"Good with me," Xander replied, "does anyone have another name?" silence "No? Ok, we have a name!"

The rest of the day the seven talked and enjoyed time when the world was not in dire need of a hero. None of them surrendered into stating the fact that they would have to go eventually so they spent one more night as a team.

"Well, it has been fun, but I Orre and my family need me, so I hope to see you all soon." Glover said the next morning. He left and called out his Ditto, Gizmo, who turned into a jet pack. The man turned toward the mainland of Sinnoh to catch the next train going to Orre.

"Yeah, I should go too. It's a long boat ride to Unova and I should get back to my wife too. And if any of you are ever in Unova, don't hesitate to come by the P2 Lab!" Xander said and walked out, hesitated, and walked back in. "Dave, can I see you for a moment?"

"Uhhmm, sure." Dave said and turned to the others, "I might as well go on. If you need me I'll be on Mt. Chimney."

"Don't slip while flying this time: none of us will be here to catch you." Stewey joked.

Dave glared and turned to leave, "Everyone is a comedian."

The two walked to the edge of town and the Journeyman began to speak. "I've talked with Raj and with a lot of the leaders not even responding we would like to offer you a position."

"What? Really?" the younger trainer asked, amazed by the offer.

"Yeah. Phoenix has already been involved with the league and Glover was asked about the same time he was asked to come here to investigate the Regi Statues."

"Sweet! Can we still challenge the league? I was planning on doing that when I had a break from classes."

"Probably, I don't know why not. Just contact Raj and start setting up your gym." Xander released his Salamence and got on the dragon, "Well, see you later. Maybe next time we meet the world won't be in jeopardy."

Dave saw him leave the same way Glover did, but to get a plane instead. The trainer wandered around the Victory Area. He saw the Regigigas statue, made of the giant Regice, Registeel, and Regirock statues that saved them in the volcano. Shaymin had gone back to the Seabreak Path, to make sure Slowking had not broken everything. He saw out of the corner of his eye Phoenix and Zephyr leave, but did not say anything, as he wanted to stay alone.

"Dave, what are you still doing here? Are your Pokemon ok? Sage can look at them if you need." said the familiar voice of Ralph.

"Oh, I was just thinking about all that we have gone through these last couple of weeks. I can't believe it's over."

"Yup, it has been really amazing getting to know you and Xander and Glover and Phoenix and Zephyr. And soon I'm gonna by chasing down daddy Cyrus to kill him and you're gonna be studying in Unova!"

"Basically. So where are you going now?"

"Canalave City's library," Ralph said and his face lit up, "You can come with me! I'm trying to figure out how to decipher the International Police's base camp from their super cryptic instructions. You'll probably need some books, and where is a better place for books than a library!?"

"Alright, then I guess I'm going to leave from Canalave now!" Dave said, happy to have someone to travel with for at least a few more days. The duo called out their flying Pokemon, hopped on them, flew to Canalave, and a few days later parted to go their separate ways.

Ok, so this story has come to a close, but Dave's tale is not over! I have begun my second Fan Fic Maelstrom as a prequel to this, so please read, subscribe, etc. to this exciting, and wet, new tale!