• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Game Awards 2019 Thread (It's Today.)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Well ****. The Wolf Among Us 2. I freaking loved the original Wolf Among Us.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Bold move to make a PS3 Fast and Furious game in 2020

Pokemon Power

Seriously, no Smash reveal?! Come on Nintendo, how much longer do we have to wait until we find out who the next fighter is?!?!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's no one's fault but my own, but I'm pretty annoyed right now. I watched this only because Nintendo made that Tweet saying we should watch. I thought why else would they tell us that unless they had a big announcement. I figured it would be worth it something like Smash Bros or Zelda news. But no, not a single first part Nintendo game. I just sat through three hours of praise and hype for games I couldn't care less about for nothing. In fact, the only thing I even cared slightly about all night was the Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC, and that was done at the very beginning. What a waste of time.

BCVM22

I thought why else would they tell us that unless they had a big announcement.

Because their beloved former president was presenting an award and because they probably knew ahead of time a number of their games would be winning awards?

I looked on Nintendo's Twitter account and the Game Awards stream comments section

I found the problem! Don't read those and you'll be right as rain.

EDIT: I just saw Nintendo's one preemptive tweet telling people to watch, and...

Get ready to celebrate a great year in gaming by catching The Game Awards tomorrow at 5:30pm PT!

Come on. It really can't be helped that some people are "outraged," a term that loses more and more meaning every time people actually get angry over something as innocuous and entirely not promised, like this.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's the peoples' fault for having high expectations and expect something special with EVERY event like this.

To be fair, the Game Awards started in 2014, and of those years, we got Breath of the Wild news in 2014, 2016, and 2017, and then we got Smash Bros news in 2018. So of the five past events, we've gotten major news at four of them. That's a pretty good track record. Of course, that doesn't mean news is insured, but it did seem pretty likely.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Like you said, TGA isn't guaranteed to have Nintendo news just because of a track record. Imo people are only upset because they hyped themselves up for news that may not appear. They only have themselves to blame.

Same. Considering all the hype from Death Stranding and Kojima in general, I thought it was obviously going to win. That or Resident Evil.
Wow. Total lack of empathy.

And I think Konami might have pulled some strings again...

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Xbox Series X

Microsoft continues to name their consoles oddly. o_O
X box One made sense at least, since iirc Microsoft wanted it to be an all in one entertainment system. 'Series X' just seems out of left field without context.

Wow. Total lack of empathy.

And I think Konami might have pulled some strings again...
My bad, was half asleep and annoyed by elections. There's always the next Nintendo Direct though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I had a feeling Reggie’s speech would’ve been the high point of the show so I went to sleep afterwards. Don’t regret it. The show was pretty boring outside of the speech and Final Fantasy

shoz999

Personally I think Ikumi Nakamura's charming and adorable entrance single handedly saved the show. She reminds me a lot of adorable women I know who secretly have a scary side! Which seems to be a consistent trait I've notice from my experience! Ah, nevermind that. No More Heroes 3 and Bravely Default 3-er-2 looks great but outside of that, oh man this was a freaking ad fest and oh god the Stadia commercials. Why are they so generic and I think that hairy dude is supposed be their mascot? You can tell Google really has no experience in the business side of gaming.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Reggie Watts is a treasure and I hope he fleeces Google for a lot of money

shoz999

So apparently in No More Heroes 3, your going to go kill Super "Heroes" who are trying to take over. Apparently that Fu guy, the blue alien, appeared in Travis Strikes Back, the spin-off, so that's pretty interesting. I wonder if they'll implement motion controls or stick to traditional ones.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wrote down a list of things I liked and didn't like about the show.

Positives:
Reggie
Nakamura
Muppets
Emerging game designers
Video Game Orchestra
A few cool reveals
Some well-deserving awards

Negatives:
No big Nintendo reveals
Ads (especially Stadia ones)
Green Day was pointless.