1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Game Awards 2019 Thread (It's Today.)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by AuraChannelerChris, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Seriously, no Smash reveal?! Come on Nintendo, how much longer do we have to wait until we find out who the next fighter is?!?!

2. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

I'm kind of surprised that we didn't have a big blowout form Nintendo.

Pokemon Power likes this.
  3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

Well, Bravely Default II was enough for me.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

It's no one's fault but my own, but I'm pretty annoyed right now. I watched this only because Nintendo made that Tweet saying we should watch. I thought why else would they tell us that unless they had a big announcement. I figured it would be worth it something like Smash Bros or Zelda news. But no, not a single first part Nintendo game. I just sat through three hours of praise and hype for games I couldn't care less about for nothing. In fact, the only thing I even cared slightly about all night was the Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC, and that was done at the very beginning. What a waste of time.

5. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I looked on Nintendo's Twitter account and the Game Awards stream comments section, and a lot of people are outraged.

6. Platina2000

Platina2000 Well-Known Member

That's the peoples' fault for having high expectations and expect something special with EVERY event like this.

Pyrax and BCVM22 like this.
  7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Because their beloved former president was presenting an award and because they probably knew ahead of time a number of their games would be winning awards?

I found the problem! Don't read those and you'll be right as rain.

EDIT: I just saw Nintendo's one preemptive tweet telling people to watch, and...

Come on. It really can't be helped that some people are "outraged," a term that loses more and more meaning every time people actually get angry over something as innocuous and entirely not promised, like this.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Pyrax likes this.
  8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

To be fair, the Game Awards started in 2014, and of those years, we got Breath of the Wild news in 2014, 2016, and 2017, and then we got Smash Bros news in 2018. So of the five past events, we've gotten major news at four of them. That's a pretty good track record. Of course, that doesn't mean news is insured, but it did seem pretty likely.

9. Genos

Genos SONIC MOVIE

Xbox Series X

Microsoft continues to name their consoles oddly. o_O

10. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Wow. Total lack of empathy.

And I think Konami might have pulled some strings again...

11. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

X box One made sense at least, since iirc Microsoft wanted it to be an all in one entertainment system. 'Series X' just seems out of left field without context.

My bad, was half asleep and annoyed by elections. There's always the next Nintendo Direct though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Genos likes this.
  12. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

I had a feeling Reggie’s speech would’ve been the high point of the show so I went to sleep afterwards. Don’t regret it. The show was pretty boring outside of the speech and Final Fantasy

13. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

The celebrity endorsement as part of the awful last game reveal was annoying, really. And about a licensed game that looks like a PS2 game.

14. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Personally I think Ikumi Nakamura's charming and adorable entrance single handedly saved the show. She reminds me a lot of adorable women I know who secretly have a scary side! Which seems to be a consistent trait I've notice from my experience! Ah, nevermind that. No More Heroes 3 and Bravely Default 3-er-2 looks great but outside of that, oh man this was a freaking ad fest and oh god the Stadia commercials. Why are they so generic and I think that hairy dude is supposed be their mascot? You can tell Google really has no experience in the business side of gaming.

15. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Reggie Watts is a treasure and I hope he fleeces Google for a lot of money

16. shoz999

So apparently in No More Heroes 3, your going to go kill Super "Heroes" who are trying to take over. Apparently that Fu guy, the blue alien, appeared in Travis Strikes Back, the spin-off, so that's pretty interesting. I wonder if they'll implement motion controls or stick to traditional ones.

17. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

I wrote down a list of things I liked and didn't like about the show.

Positives:
    Reggie
    Nakamura
    Muppets
    Emerging game designers
    Video Game Orchestra
    A few cool reveals
    Some well-deserving awards

Negatives:
    No big Nintendo reveals
    Ads (especially Stadia ones)
    Green Day was pointless.
    Not well organized or paced.
    Ended with Fast and Furious.
    Glossed over awards.

18. shoz999

[​IMG]

Another note. What do you guys think of the Gamecube's successor?

19. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

I would say its a worthy successor!

shoz999 likes this.