• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Game Show Club, Version 2.0

Twentington

Outta here!
...let's try this again.

For posterity, the original version.

Rules will remain pretty much the same from the old version.

And here they are:

THE RULES
1. All main forum rules, including club forum rules, apply.
2. Please try not to insult a bad contestant, bad format, etc.
3. I will allow thoughts, whether positive or negative, to be given on various shows; just try not to go overboard; see rule 2.
4. Try to keep text legible. It helps if we can make sense of what you're saying.
5. Keep discussion related to game shows, although since reality shows are in effect a subgenre of game shows, I will tolerate discussion about those.
6. If you are going to talk about a BIG event in a game show that has not occured yet (e.g. somebody wins a million dollars/pounds/euros/whatever), PLEASE use spoilers. Some of us would prefer not to have the fun ruined.

HOW TO JOIN

Please fill out the form below if you would like to join the club:

Favorite game show/why?: I honestly think a good sentence or two explaining why you like a given show should suffice.
Favorite host/why?: Same as above.

The founder of this club reserves the right to change these rules and the joining form as necessary.

WHAMMIES

We all break rules sometimes, but they can't always go unpunished. Thus, I bring you whammies (no points for guessing where that term came from). Break a rule, and you get one whammy. This can vary based on the rule broken.

Here is how the whammies work:

1 Whammy: Warning
2 Whammies: 2 day Ban from Club
3 Whammies: 1 Week Ban
4 Whammies: Fortnight (2 week) Ban
5 Whammies: 1 Month Ban
6 Whammies: 2 Month Ban
7 Whammies: Permaban

(I may try to simplify this sometime in the future down to a 4 whammy system.)

I will also post game show news as it comes up, and these can be used as grounds for discussion.

The first topic of discussion will be located in the first or second post in this thread after it gets approved.

And yes, we still have this:

CLAIM-A-GAME

You may now claim your favorite game show.

RULES:
1. Only one person may claim a show at any given time.
2. You must wait 15 days to change your claim.
3. The claim form is as follows:

USERNAME - NAME OF SHOW - CURRENT DATE (MM-DD-YYYY)

THE CLAIM LIST:

Ansem the wise - Family Feud - 11-6-12

MEMBERS:

Doctor Who (leader)
Ansem the wise
the3rdH0kage
Jonman721

Last edited:

Twentington

Outta here!
And we've gotten the seal of approval.

Honestly, I can't really find anything newsworthy right now. I'll find something soon, with any luck. For now, well, just feel free to make your way in. (shrugs)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: A little late, but in case you haven't heard, a couple rarities made their way onto Youtube in the past couple months:

Shopper's Bazaar, which had a retool and became...
one of the two 1974 pilots to Wheel of Fortune.

Compare that pilot to, say, an episode from earlier this year. How many differences can you find?

(Hey, it may be old news, but at least it isn't nothing!)

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Favorite game show/why?: I like family feud the most. I like it because it cuz it is a team game and that the questions don’t have a definite answer, thus adding to the difficulty.
Favorite host/why?:Steve Harvey (family feud)…what can I say? He is hilarious XD

ansem the wise - Family Feud - 06/11/12

this sounds cool :D

Twentington

Outta here!
Approved on both counts; welcome to the group.

DISCUSSION:

I brought this up on another forum a few days ago, and I figured I might as well bring it up here.

Millionaire; if you compared the show 5 or 6 years ago to what it is now, it's almost completely different.

2007... (clip; original format)

2009... (full episode with clock format; primetime, but at this point the daytime was just this except no Fastest Finger, only a half hour, and a different host, so it'll do.)

2010... (Super Mix format; full episode)

...and now. (clip, but enough to get the point across)

Notice how much has changed from then to now. The only things that are still the same in terms of gameplay; there's still multiple choice questions, lifelines (although those are hardly the same at this point), and money (no, really?).

The question I have for you, keeping in mind how much has changed; do you think the show could survive another format overhaul?

I'd have to say it would depend on the magnitude of the change. If it were a more minor change (e.g. the addition or changing of lifelines), that I think the show could survive. But if they were to overhaul the entire show (another format change), I'd have to say that's the final nail in the coffin for Millionaire.

(I won't hesitate to mention that US Millionaire is not the only version to succumb to decay; UK Millionaire has been only doing celebrity editions for a few years now.)

What do you think? Is the show nearing its death?

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I used to watch millionare daily but:
I hate the new lifelines, especially the jump a question (I mean if u don’t get a million bucks, u aren’t a millionare…duh)
And I also dislike the randomizing of the amounts of cash.
It has definitely deteriorated, but whether or not it will vanish altogether…I doubt it.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Favorite Gameshow and why: Probably 1 vs. 100, I dont know hy I just found myself enjoying it more then other gameshows.

Favorrite Gameshow Host: Bob Saget (1 vs. 100) because he has Sagat-Swag, but really because he was on Full House and I grew up watching re-runs of Full House.

Twentington

Outta here!
Approved, added to list.

Discussion topic remains the same for now.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Favorite game show: family fued, I find myself laughing at it from time and time again. I also find myself interested in what people think about many topics.
Favorite host: Drew carrey. A really funny guy who sounds down to earth and relatable.