• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Game Will Never be the Same

This was touched on in one of the other discussions, but I want to go into more depth with it. So far Manaphy, Garchomp, Salamence, and a whole lot of others have been booted from OU into Uber for various reasons. So now, who do you think is the next to go from OU to Uber? from UU to OU? Even down from Uber to OU? OU to UU? And most importantly, why?

Simse

All seems well in OU now.
Ubers seems alright too.
But in NU, Entei and Espeon are too broken. Seriously, get in UU.

But yeah, when B/W are out, I suspect some Ubers might come down to OU. It's just a thought.

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
I can see a few Sturdy pokemon being boosted from NU to UU maybe, but that's about all.

I'm expecying the Regi trio to gain a bit more in the next generation, so hopefully they get more use. Oh, and I can see Vaporeon possibly being brought into Ubers, because of Hydration, among other things.

I also think Espeon in NU is a bit rediculous. It can take a pretty tough hit and deal them out even better. Why it's in NU is beyond me. If Jolteon can make it to OU, Espeon certainly deserves at LEAST UU, if not BL.

^Vaporeon will definitely get used more when it gets Hydration, but I highly doubt that it will go Uber. Remember that reason Manaphy was promoted to Uber wasn't just because of Hydration, but more because of its great BST, access to Tail Glow, good special movepool, all in combination with Rest/Hydration strategy.

I agree with Espeon and Entei going to UU or higher. Espeon is good, but now Entei is a monster. Entei's main complaint was not having a physical STAB to work off of. Now it has not only Flare Blitz, but Extremespeed to boot. It's got to go at least to UU, if not OU.

And as a last note, I believe that many of the Ubers that were banned during the DPPt era will be brought back, if only for a short testing period.

windsong

WEST SIDE
You really think that Hydration will cause Vaporeon to get more usage? It might increase a little, but Vappy already has reliable healing through Wish and Protect, and unlike Manaphy, can't Calm Mind.

Continuing, I expect Salamence, Garchomp, and Latias, and possibly a few others will be retested for OU.

Heracross will most likely fall to UU. Entei going up to UU is a possibility considering how good Flare Blitz and Extremespeed are, and it kinda stole those niches from Arcanine which means it might fall in usage and maybe even drop. Espeon rising is doubted as its outclassed by Alakazam in UU at this point in time and it hasn't seen enough support to make it to BL so that Espeon could shine.

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
hydration will not make vaporeon uber. Even with rain it cant touch blissey, so its usage may rise a bit but the hydration sets will mostly be gimmicky.

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
hydration will not make vaporeon uber. Even with rain it cant touch blissey, so its usage may rise a bit but the hydration sets will mostly be gimmicky.

I don't think it's the fact it can't get past Blissey(since it's not a sweeper), but that it already had reliable recovery, and how useful Wish passing is. I think it would go up slightly, but who knows. B/W is going to be a lot different.

White Wizard

Hundred acre Woods
wat does all this uu and uo mean

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
wat does all this uu and uo mean

Those are tiers, a grouping of Pokemon based on their usage or effectiveness. here's the most common listing of them : http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/
In order of power ,OU stands for Overused, BL stands for Borderline, UU stands for underused, and NU stands for NeverUsed. Also, Ubers are pokemon too powerful for OU, such as Kyogre, Deoxys, which are at the top.

Last edited:

Rue Aerith

CoeurDeMirage
Hydration Vaporeon will get more synergy with Kyogre though, so it might get a different play set that could allow it to compete better in Uber, although it would probably still hover in the OU tier (just like Scizor).

windsong

WEST SIDE
Hydration Vaporeon will get more synergy with Kyogre though, so it might get a different play set that could allow it to compete better in Uber, although it would probably still hover in the OU tier (just like Scizor).

I seriously doubt that Hydration Vaporeon would have any better synergy with Kyogre than Manaphy does, especially considering that Manaphy gets Calm Mind (pairing up very nicely with Kyogre to scout out the counters to each other's Calm Minding sets) and can also use Tail Glow, making it a solid bulky sweeper, unlike Vaporeon, which would be relegated to passing Wish, something that Jirachi does far better in Ubers due to his Dragon resist.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the FP/T-Wave/Iron Head Jirachi might be moved up to ubers. From what I've seen, the only truly reliable counter is a Heatran.

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the FP/T-Wave/Iron Head Jirachi might be moved up to ubers. From what I've seen, the only truly reliable counter is a Heatran.

It has TONS of counters. None of them like T-Wave, but pretty much any kind of bulky water walls it completely (Gyra, Suicune, Pert), and like you said, the #1 Pokemon in OU, Heatran, walls it to no end. Also, it can easily be revenged easily. So no, Rachi won't be going Uber anytime soon.