• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The game's titles

World Turtle

Proton and Neutron might be a better way to describe the concept of positive and negative.

Wouldn't that be Electron? IIRC Electrons are the ones that are Negatively charged while Neutrons have no charge.

Aside from atoms, Positive and Negative can cover several different concepts. Yang and Yin for example-which the Gen V Legendary are based on.

There is also Karma which is about the consequences of Positive and Negative Actions.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Wouldn't that be Electron? IIRC Electrons are the ones that are Negatively charged while Neutrons have no charge.

Aside from atoms, Positive and Negative can cover several different concepts. Yang and Yin for example-which the Gen V Legendary are based on.

There is also Karma which is about the consequences of Positive and Negative Actions.

Neutrons were the first thing that came to mind. Guess I meant electron...

World Turtle

Neutrons were the first thing that came to mind. Guess I meant electron...

Neutron would be the name of the third game. ...if there is one mind you.

For Plus and Minus...

Would "Equals" work? Maybe "Zero"?

We've done letters so numbers or math signs wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Red & Green/Blue (Yellow) | Fire & Leaf
Gold & Silver (Crystal) | Heart & Soul
Ruby & Sapphire (Emerald) | Omega & Alpha | Land & Sea (Sky)
Diamond & Pearl (Platinum) | Time & Space (Antimatter)
Black & White | Yin & Yang (Wuji)
X & Y | Life & Destruction (Balance)
Sun & Moon (Star)

The concept of the mascot legends, which are the focus of the game's plot, doesn't always reflect the game's titles. Although the last three gens are pretty close to what they represent, especially Sun & Moon, which are literally the concept of Solgaleo & Lunala respectively.

World Turtle

Wood and Stone. Those are building materials.

Which pretty much would guarantee that the Legendary are Grass and Rock types. Maybe a Country vs. City theme? Rock will probably be a Rock/Steel dual-type in that case.

Make a Poison Type (Disease/Pollution) their Third/Sequels mascot and I'll be happy.

I want to see all the types eventually achieve box mascot legendary status.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wish we get a Fairy type box legandery .
Anyway, what about Pokemon glow? what would be its contrary?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wish we get a Fairy type box legandery .
Anyway, what about Pokemon glow? what would be its contrary?
We had Xerneas already. Still I wouldn’t mind another Fairy-type box legendary. I’m thinking it could be part of a pair of games called ‘Fantasy’ and ‘Reality’.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
How about

Pokemon: I hope a Grass Starter's Final form. Version.

And

Pokemon: Makes it into Smash Bros Ultimate as DLC. Version.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Honestly, anything too fancy, conceptual, “deep,” or abstract entirely misses the mark. They’ll be something relatively simple at face value - the best I’ve seen in here are Plus and Minus, especially given the thematic ties to the joycons as a cute little bonus. Those also serve as catchier names - Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus - than something “out there,” so to speak.

The key is to be specific- say, instead of wood or stone as mentioned earlier, two types of wood like Elm and Oak (which would never happen because Professors) or two types of stone like Quartz and some other rock. While you need to be able to ascribe some symbolism to the choice, and duality of some form is usually essential, they need to belong to the same general category and be rather specific, concrete concepts. If it’s possible to incorporate the color themes of red and blue into this duality somehow, it’s even easier - see Sun (orange and red, warm colors) and Moon (blue and purple, cool colors); Diamond (light blue) and Pearl (pink, basically light red); Ruby and Sapphire (self-explanatory).

I’d wager that, since we got X and Y, something like Plus and Minus (or, perhaps, + and -) is the closest most anyone is going to get. The actual titles could be totally out of left field and defy everything I’ve said here, but really - just make it +/- and make the color schemes relate to the corresponding joycon color. And that gives them plenty of room thematically, just like the title of X and Y had almost nothing to do with the games outside of like, the general shape of the mascots.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Honestly there's literally absolutely nothing to go on this right now except the name has to be marketable, represent cold and warm color overtones and is associated with the Pokmeon's design, not neccesarily the theme. For example X and Y has literally nothing to do with Life and Death but it has do a lot with Xerneas's and Yveltal's Design. Honestly I think only Black and White was the only games with any real symbolic meaning to it.

With that being said, it has to be something fun, not symbolic. How about Pokemon Techno Version and Pokemon Wild Version. Too cliche? If so, then that has a higher chance of possibility than any symbolic take lol.

janejane6178

Honestly there's literally absolutely nothing to go on this right now except the name has to be marketable, represent cold and warm color overtones and is associated with the Pokmeon's design, not neccesarily the theme. For example X and Y has literally nothing to do with Life and Death but it has do a lot with Xerneas's and Yveltal's Design. Honestly I think only Black and White was the only games with any real symbolic meaning to it.

With that being said, it has to be something fun, not symbolic. How about Pokemon Techno Version and Pokemon Wild Version. Too cliche? If so, then that has a higher chance of possibility than any symbolic take lol.
Thankyou, I loved ur explanations. I think that Pokemon's game titles are intriguing. All of them were beautiful in my opinion. I admit that Sun and moon titles were abit oo obvious but it was still a fresh air and was unique.

Btw, my favourite main titles (by names ) are rubi, sapphie and emarelad. Such beautiful names

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I've got another idea. Pokemon Nature & And Pokemon Technology.
Nature's Mascot legendary would be a Grass & Fairy type nature spirit. and Technology's would be a Steel & Electric Robot.

janejane6178

I've got another idea. Pokemon Nature & And Pokemon Technology.
Nature's Mascot legendary would be a Grass & Fairy type nature spirit. and Technology's would be a Steel & Electric Robot.
Thats a nice concept. But the names are too obvious. How can u make them more obscure like the previous titles?

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Sun and Moon are pretty on the mark.

Maybe Past and Future? Go back to colors again? There'a lot they could do.