• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gangs of London (NC-17)

littledreamindawn

Beginning Trainer
Hiya hun,

omg this fanfic is suspensful and beauiful ^^ Dawn's an adult and so is May Drew's a jerk (but a cute jerk XD) and ah I love it ur amazing Sammy can't wait to see the rest oh and could you please add me to your pm list thanks so much ^^

~dae

CuteDrew667

Boo Darlin <3
Hiya hun,

omg this fanfic is suspensful and beauiful ^^ Dawn's an adult and so is May Drew's a jerk (but a cute jerk XD) and ah I love it ur amazing Sammy can't wait to see the rest oh and could you please add me to your pm list thanks so much ^^

~dae

Yes Drew is a teeny bit of a jerk, but that's just his appeal :D thank you for the lovely comment hun and of course i will add u to the PM list

x

CuteDrew667

Boo Darlin <3
Ah, here is Chapter 2 of Gangs of London. Wow apart from Hot Chocolate(and another NC-17 fic that I am writing by hand...which I won't go into) I have never really stuck to a fan fic but this one I certainly am.

Credit to Ama for telling me where Metropolis is, cus I have used that in this chap xD

I made a video trailer for Gangs of London is anyone wants to see it:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v518870dBrrD74q

It was really hard to get the right clips but I did my best.

Chapter 2 Rated R for Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Slight political/terrorist references, Strong Language

Gangs of London

Chapter 2

‘Hmm…er…hello,’ I grumble into my mobile, lifting my head from the pillow exhaustedly.

‘Hi May, I’m sorry, did I wake you?’ Dawn’s very-much-awake voice sounds through the phone, ‘I saved your number and thought I would give you a call. You said you wanted to meet up today?’

‘Yeah, yeah I did,’ I say, sitting up in bed.

‘What time?’

‘Well…I have work until five, so how about six o’ clock? At Starbucks?’

‘Sure, see you then. Bye!’

I tie my hair into two wet plaits carefully, neglecting to blow-dry my hair and get dressed quickly, looking at the list that the receptionist gave me. I need to report to a small pub in Bromley…Bromley? That means I have to get the underpass. Bloody great.

I remember her telling me to dress and look nice for this job, for the customers liked having pretty girls serving them. Not that it was a sleaze pub, that was just what they liked. I look down at my tight jeans and flowing pink shirt, and look up into the mirror. For once I feel…pretty. Perhaps Dawn’s compliment has simply boosted my confidence, or maybe it is because I am actually making an effort for once. I also know that when I take my hair out their plaits, it will go into beautiful curls, which always flatters my features.

I'm silent on the under-pass train, twisting the ticket in my hands.

‘I swear, it’s surprising they are still running these things,’ an elderly woman is raving near to me, ‘after those terrorist attacks. You’d think Blair would stop them.’

‘Mom please,’ murmurs a woman who looks in her thirties, ‘it’s perfectly safe.’

‘Sure, they thought it was safe in New York until…’

‘Can I have your ticket Miss,’ a voice jolts me from my ear-wagging on their conversation.

The conductor is looking at me expectantly and I hand him my ticket hastily. His eyes run over me, as though analysing whether I am an innocent passenger. Please say I look innocent…

‘Thank you, Miss,’ he says, giving the ticket back to me and moving along to the mother and daughter.

Thank god for that. After everything that old woman has been saying, it has gotten me paranoid about even being on this tube train. I never had any fear of anything happening around me in Shropshire, except perhaps the occasional strike of vandalism and a stabbing once a year. In London, that is just not comparison. Nice to feel safe.

Dawn felt herself being lifted from her sleeping position and she opened her eyes in confusion. She had been resting her head on Paul’s chest and he was sitting up, laying her back onto the pillow.

‘Honey…where are you going?’ Dawn asked groggily.

‘Business,’ her husband replied simply, ‘what are you doing today?’

‘Oh yes, I am probably going to meet up with a friend of mine later today.’

‘Who?’

‘She’s called May, Drew has seen her,’ Dawn stopped, realising that if Paul asked Drew about her, it probably wouldn’t help her case, ‘she is a lovely person.’

‘What part of East End’s she from?’ Paul asked, walking into their en suite and leaving the door open to hear her reply.

‘Actually, she isn’t from the East End,’ Dawn calls, ‘she isn’t from London at all, but she is living near Trafalgar Square.’

‘She ain’t a yank is she?’ Paul asked, poking his head around the door of the bathroom.

‘No she isn’t, but how many times do I have to remind you that I am half “yank” you narrow-minded…’ Dawn trailed off and smiled jokily at him, ‘what business do you have?’

‘I have to sort out the alcohol orders for the club, stuff like that.’

Dawn had learned from her long relationship and marriage to Paul Scathen never to ask what “stuff like that” really was. It was never worth being shouted at for “accusing him of lying”, when he actually was. She just played the good girl role and went along with most things he did and said.

‘Dawn, get us a cup of tea for when I get out of here will ya’,’ Paul called, his voice muffled by the shower.

‘Sure honey,’ she replied automatically.

She flipped her legs out of the bed and picked up her mobile, before throwing her dressing gown on, shivering in the morning cold. It was supposedly “quite warm” in London for it was in the South of England. Was it fu-

‘Dawn you still here?’ Paul’s voice called again.

‘Yeah, I’m just about to go down to do it. What’s wrong?’

‘Tell Drew that I have a meeting with Jenkins after all if he is downstairs.’

‘’Kay.’

Dawn slipped her baby-blue slippers on, (which matched her dressing-gown), and pattered down the stairs, walking quietly past Drew’s room in case he was still in bed. Once in the kitchen, she laid three cups out and put a teabag in each, ignoring the fact that Drew always moaned that she put the milk in before the boiled water. Waiting for the kettle to boil, she found the text on her mobile from May and saved the number, dialling it and allowing the dialling tone to hum in her ear.

‘Hello?’ came a groggy voice and Dawn realised that the chances were that May was still in bed.

Dawn apologised for waking her and moved on to ask about their meeting that evening: six o’ clock in Starbucks. That suited her fine, because that was usually the time Drew and Misty started drinking and she was always irritated by Misty’s over-flirtatious and immature attitude around Drew…and Drew. Well, although he insisted alcohol didn’t change him…it did. He became edgy and even more easily annoyed, and it made Dawn feel even more uncomfortable than she already was being around him.

‘Please tell me one of them is for me,’ a low grunt caused Dawn to start and whirl around hastily.

The almost non-existent grip that her slippers had caused her to slip on the tiled floor sharply. Her hair fell into her face and she brushed it away furiously, looking up at the person who had so rudely shocked her.

‘Very poised,’ Drew yawned, staring down at her.

Dawn felt her face burn with embarrassment and she scrambled to her feet quickly, turning away from Drew who was (inevitably to increase her humiliation) only in his boxers. Not that he seemed to be phased at all. Dawn knew that if she looked at him, she would have to look at all of him. Including his broad shoulders, toned, muscly stomach and arms and…

‘For God’s sake,’ Dawn hissed as she slipped with the kettle and spilt a bit of water on the counter, 'and yes, one is for you.'

She heard Drew laugh behind her annoyingly at her clumsiness. Just because he was Mr Perfect and never made a mistake...she suddenly felt pressure on her arm, realising that Drew was right next to her. His chest was pressed against her shoulder as he leaned over her to get the sugar for his cup.

‘Cheers for the cuppa…when you’re done,’ he added as Dawn fumbled with a cloth to mop up the spilt liquid and began to pour the water again.

‘Excuse me,’ Dawn mumbled, turning around with her head bowed as she brushed past him to open the fridge, taking the milk out of it.

The only body I should see is my husband’s, Dawn played over in her head. But he was right there…

Oh shit. She looked. His torso was so…similar to Paul’s but more…powerfully intimidating and…so…gorge-

‘Oi!’ Drew snapped, clicking his fingers in front of Dawn’s face, ‘you gonna’ do me a cup of tea this morning or should I go and wait in bed?’

‘Yes, you do that!’ she said quickly, tearing her eyes from his body and up to his, desperately trying to cover up the deep blush covering her cheeks, ‘I’ll bring it in for you.’

‘Whatever, just hurry up cause’ I am craving.’

Dawn breathed a sigh of relief as Drew walked past her and out of the room, leaving her to the teas alone again: the way she liked it. She just prayed that she had been staring at him furtively...fat chance. Oh please God say Misty isn’t in his room, I can’t be doing with her, Dawn thought scathingly. She threw the teabags into the bin and teetered upstairs with Drew’s and Paul’s cups. She could hear the shower still running in the en suite and Paul singing along to Bon Jovi from the shower-radio, and so put his cup of tea on the chest of drawers. She walked back across the landing and knocked lightly on Drew’s closed door.

‘Drew, I’ve got your cup of-’

‘Come in.’

Dawn crept into the room carefully, holding the cup of tea before her. The room was quite dim and she closed the door behind her.

‘Hey,’ she said, walking over to the bed where Drew was sat up (alone thankfully), reading a letter with a furrowed brow.

‘’Ite, cheers,’ he muttered as she placed it down on his bedside table.

‘Paul wanted me to tell you that he has a meeting with Jenkins.’

‘Oh…really?’ Drew looked at her for the first time since she entered the room, ‘he’s going to Metropolis then…?’

‘Where?’ Dawn asked, frowning.

Metropolis? Was that like…Scotland? Cornwall? A posh part of London?

‘Metropolis,’ Drew repeated, taking a sip of his tea, ‘New York. You know the state in that big country you went to on your honeymoon. America.’

‘America?’ Dawn cried, ‘how do you know he is going to America?’

‘Because Jenkins lives in New York, and I seriously doubt he is gonna’ come to England. But hey, on the bright side, you’ll be able to give Paul a shopping list. Misty’s going to see her Mom in Wales tonight so it’ll just be me and you, okay?’

‘No! Paul can’t just leave today.’

‘Who’s not leaving today?’ Paul opened the door and looked from Drew to Dawn.

‘Are you going to New York to see this Jenkins guy…today?!’ Dawn demanded, neglecting to try and be polite.

Paul opened the door wider, revealing that he only had a towel wrapped around his waist-down.

‘Yeah, I meant to tell you after I got out of the shower. It will only be for a couple of weeks.’

Weeks?!’ Dawn shrieked, gob smacked, ‘you give me a few hours notice that you are going away for a couple of weeks?!’

‘Babe, shut up screaming at me,’ Paul grumbled, beckoning her over.

‘Well what do you expect? You can’t just leave and not even give me a days notice,’ Dawn said, stepping nearer to him, ‘that isn’t fair…’

‘Dawn, just leave it!’ Paul suddenly shouted, making her jump, ‘I am going and I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t piss me off right before I go.’

Dawn’s eyes watered slightly and she blinked rapidly to hide it. Paul reached out and tapped her cheek affectionately.

‘I’m gonna’ get packed babe, go to the club and then I’ll be off. I’ll pop in and see you before I go. In a bit mate,’ he added to Drew who didn’t bother to respond.

He walked out of the room and Dawn turned back to Drew sadly. He raised one eyebrow at her and she turned her eyes away from him, staring around his room.

‘Oi, get out,’ Drew said.

‘Huh?’ Dawn was about to feel hurt, when she noticed that Drew’s smirk was showing humour and she smiled back.

‘Dawn, since Misty ain’t here are you going to do dinner for us?’

By “us” of course, he means him. His annoying slang.

‘Sure,’ Dawn said quietly, ‘I am meeting a friend at six, so it will be about eight, is pizza okay?’

Drew nodded mutely, looking back down at his letter. His eyes were flicking down it and Dawn couldn’t help but watch him for a few moments. However of course, she realised that this was rather stupid and turned to walk out, before Drew spoke abruptly.

‘Oh and Dawn…’

‘Yeah?’ she replied, turning to look at him.

‘Just cause’ Paul won’t be here doesn’t mean you can jump into bed with me,’ Drew said with a nasty smirk.

Dawn cut her eyes in anger but decided that she would not dignify that talk with an answer. She heard Drew give a small laugh which sounded like “Hmph” and closed the door behind her, closing it a little harder than was perhaps necessary.

‘Hey darlin’, you here for the waitress job?’ a man in his forties asks me as I step into the smoky, rough-looking (but strangely cosy) pub.

‘Yes I am. From the temp agency,’ I say, messing with my curls self-consciously.

‘You’re just on time. This is when it starts to get busy,’ he says, leading me behind the bar, ‘do you know how to use these things?’

He points to some things that the beer comes out of. Just because I don’t know what they are called doesn’t mean I don’t know how to use them though. My best friend Jay and I had a Saturday job at the local pub in Ludlow so I know what to do. The technical names and…stuff doesn’t matter.

‘Yes, I used to work in a pub,’ I say truthfully.

‘Oh good, well some of the lads are already here and they will need seconds soon,’ he gestures to the men in the pub and then leaves me to it, walking out from the pub and out of a side door.

Lads? They are all plenty old enough to be my father’s. They mutter and grin at me as I remove my jacket and walk to the edge of the bar.

‘Hey love, what do we call you?’ one man asks and it is obvious that he has already drunk way too much.

‘You can call me May,’ I say confidently.

‘Give us a lager babe,’ another man calls (probably the youngest here who looks in his mid-thirties), ‘Carling. And you can call me Terry.’

‘Hello Terry, coming right up,’ I say, retrieving a pint glass from the shelf and carefully pulling the lager-thing (like I said, names don’t matter) slowly and filling it.

‘Ain’t she pretty?’ Terry calls to the other men, ‘I think we owe this girl a drink.’

‘I’m buying her a drink!’ says the first man who spoke to me, pushing a five-pound note onto the counter, ‘get yourself something, love.’

‘Nah, I’ll get her something,’ Terry snaps at him.

I smile slightly. Well, this is the kind of attention that I am not used too.

By the time I leave at five o’ clock, I have been offered about one hundred pounds worth of drinks and accepted about fifteen. Only having small WKDs means that although a little bit tipsy, I am still very much aware of my surroundings.

Getting off the underpass at Trafalgar, I look at my watch: 5:54pm. Damn. I hope I am not late meeting Dawn.

Dawn and Drew hadn’t spoken or moved since Paul left an hour previously. Drew was engrossed in a film called The Hills Have Eyes and Dawn was pretending to be so, though certain scenes made her feel sick. Whence five o’ clock came she stood up abruptly.

‘I am going out now to meet someone. See you at about eight,’ she said to him, pulling her jacket from the side of the sofa and putting it on, running a comb through her hair.

‘Who you meeting?’ Drew asked, not taking his eyes from the television: where a man was sneaking through a house looking for his baby, that had been taken by the mutants…

‘May,’ Dawn said simply.

‘For fu- why?’ Drew snapped, looking up at her.

‘Because I like her,’ she replied defiantly, ‘see you later.’

Although she knew that he would probably be angry with her later, she rushed out of the house, grabbing her key on the way. If it was so that May was bad news then there was all the move reason to be friends with her. Especially in comparison to the people Dawn already associated with.

Dawn had never been on the tube and found it strangely enjoyable. Apart from the strange stares that kept meeting her then averting straight away. Now she just had to remember where the Starbucks was. She walked towards the large sculpture of Alison Lapper in Trafalgar Square and suddenly remembers. It was…that way! She thought.

Quarter-past six and still no sign of Dawn. Maybe she isn’t coming after-all. Maybe her husband wouldn’t let her come, or maybe that other man wouldn’t.

‘May!’

Dawn clatters over to me and smiles apologetically.

‘I’m so sorry I’m late, I got lost.’

She comes from London and she got lost? We are just meant to be friends!

‘Oh its fine. How is your husband?’ I ask lightly, as Dawn orders a coffee.

‘Oh…he’s okay,’ she squirms a little in her chair, ‘he’s going to America for a couple of weeks on business.’

‘Oh really? What job does he have?’

For some reason I get the immediate impression that this is not a question that Dawn would like to be asked. She stirs her coffee obsessively, as though biding time before she is going to answer.

‘Well…he and Drew, remember him?’ she adds and I nod, ‘well they own a really good club in the East End. It is probably something…I mean it is something to do with that.’

She was going to say it is “probably” something to do with that, I can tell. Maybe her husband is some kind of police officer who is away on missions and can’t even tell his wife where he is doing. Good grief, I am so juvenile.

‘Oh, and Drew isn’t going?’ I ask.

‘Nah, its just Paul.’

‘Where does Drew live? He’s Paul’s cousin right?’

‘Yeah, Drew, Paul and I live together because they bought the place together before I moved in. They’ve always been more like brothers, init,’ she says, turning her head to look out of the window, so locks of her blue hair slips down from her shoulder, ‘he is a nice guy, just hard to get close to.’

‘Are you and him close?’

‘Hmm…’ Dawn didn’t seem to be listening.

Her eyes are glinting from the orange streetlamps outside and she has her head slightly tilted to the right. Her eyes seem to be not only looking, but seeing. Absorbing her surroundings and analysing them…

‘Yeah we are,’ she sighs, turning back to me and I realise that there was only a five-second delay; however much it seemed to drag on, ‘he is always too busy and stuff to get close to people though, even though he is amazingly popular.’

I wonder what the “and stuff” is…

‘Is he married?’

To my surprise Dawn bursts out laughing, looking at me as though I asked if Drew was a donkey.

‘Nah, Drew isn’t a weddings kind of guy,’ she says, her giggles subsiding, ‘the closest he has ever been to a bride was with me on my wedding day. He tends to have…his girls.’

‘His girls?’ I repeat.

‘Yeah, he has girlfriends. But it never gets too serious. He isn’t frigid,’ she adds, obviously reading my confused expression, ‘they don’t get emotionally serious. They get plenty physically serious, his room is only across the landing from mine.’

I blush deeply at the reference she is making to sex. That was not something my circle of friends and I used to discuss back home. We were the bookworms at our school…well apart from my best girl: Danika who was just simply a rebel. I cannot count the amount of times I would be sitting quietly next to her in the town centre and the next we would be chased by the police. The memory makes me smile as I think of events of later dates. Like Danika getting pregnant two years ago, which shocked everyone. Last time I saw her, I was amazed by what a good Mom she was…

‘Hey May,’ Dawn says, ‘you okay?’

‘Yeah I’m fine. I think I understand what you mean…you know…about Drew,’ I say, taking a sip of my tea slowly, ‘he seems like the type of man who always has something on his mind.’

‘It was his birthday yesterday,’ Dawn says absently.

‘Really?’

‘Yeah, his twenty-ninth,’ she answers, ‘he didn’t want to do anything though. He isn’t the type for celebrations as such. He just likes parties for the hell of it.’

I give a small laugh. He seems to like exactly the opposite of me. On my birthday (though I pretend I don’t), I enjoy getting the attention from people and being treated like someone exceptional for one day…

‘I might ask if we can have one some time next week. You should come,’ Dawn says smiling, ‘I know it’s early days but I am sure you would have fun. Drew always throws a good party.’

‘Um…’

Well that Drew guy didn’t seem to like me on our first meeting. What’s changed? Nothing probably, it is mostly likely to be Dawn’s wishful thinking. But what the heck. I have no other social outings planned. Maybe because I don’t have anyone else to be sociable with.

‘Sure,’ I say, smiling, ‘I bet it will be great.’

We talk for about an hour and a half at that table. Simply re-ordering our drinks in mid conversation and then carrying on. Dawn tells me all about her and Paul, about how they met. Dawn was sixteen and still at school, Paul was twenty-one. Naturally that did not go down well with her mother or her friends at school. Especially her best friend, but she for some reason when she mentioned him, she stopped.

‘My best friend, Kengo used to always tell me…’ then she suddenly trailed off, going back to her mother’s reaction.

I tell her about my friends back home and my parents: the pristine couple. When I call them that, I am surprised to hear that Dawn’s maiden name is Pristine. Dawn Pristine…ha.

‘Oh…I better get back, it’s ten past eight. I told Drew I would be back at eight.’

‘Oh, yeah I better get home too,’ I say, getting to my feet along with Dawn and we head outside.

‘It was really nice having that chat with you…Drew!’ she exclaims.

I follow her line of vision and notice a humming, black Porsche parked a few feet away, it’s owner leaning against the side in a bored manner. He is wearing all black, including a black leather jacket. He flicks his hair from his eyes impatiently and for some reason I feel my lips part slightly. Dawn told me about all the girls that are after him and now that I look at him properly, I understand why. He looks like some sexy gangster from an American Box Office movie. Ha, a gangster. How surreal.

‘Drew, what are you doing here?’ Dawn asks.

‘At eight you weren’t home so I decided to come and get you. I saw you and her chin-wagging so decided to wait outside.’

You and her? He isn’t the politest of people…

‘Oh well, thanks,’ Dawn replies earnestly, ‘May do you want a lift home?’

Drew makes a noise that sounds like “ger” and glares in another direction.

‘Erm…nah I’m fine,’ I say, not wanting to risk having Drew say something horrible to me.

‘Oh don’t be silly, come on. I’ll sit in the back with May, okay Drew?’ Dawn says, pulling me towards the back door of the Porsche and opening it.

Drew looks livid as Dawn pushes me inside the car and climbs in herself. I am guessing that he would rather allow to get in that start a scene though and gets into the driver’s seat.

‘Where to?’ he asks shortly.

‘Linten Road please, near to the Shell Garage-’

‘I know where it is,’ Drew interrupts and I close my mouth immediately, feeling like a child who has been snapped at by the Head Master.

I barely have chance to put my seatbelt on before Drew starts the car and pulls away from the curb sharply. Dawn begins to ask him about her husband, to which he barely replies. Only telling her that he caught the place at half past seven and that she should shut up because she’s annoying him.

‘Which one’s yours?’ Drew asks, looking through his rear-view mirror at me.

‘The block of flats at the end,’ I say, putting my hands between the two front seats to point to the large, dark building at the end of the road.

Drew gives a small nod and swerves the car against the small curb, parking right in front of the door. I hope my landlord hasn’t seen this. At least I got enough tips at the pub to pay for a weeks rent.

‘Thank you for the lift,’ I say to Drew, unclipping my seatbelt and opening the door.

‘Uhuh.’

‘See you May, give me a call about what I asked you.’

Dawn climbs out and slips into the front, passenger seat as I get out of the car. I walk around the bonnet and wave them off as Drew revs the car and speeds off. Attitude much? Oh well. I really enjoyed spending time with Dawn and at least Drew had the decency not to refuse me a lift.

‘I hope this is okay,’ Dawn said, laying a plate containing pizza in front of Drew and putting a small microwave meal in her own lap.

‘Cheers,’ he grunted in response, not taking his eyes from Pimp My Ride which was showing on MTV.

‘How much longer will Paul be on the plane?’ Dawn asked lightly, taking a small mouthful of her food.

‘Stop obsessing,’ Drew snapped, ‘and if you much know…about seven hours.’

‘Seven?!’

‘Yes. America ain’t next door you know.’

Dawn sighed and looked up at the clock on the wall, as if it would give her some realisation or comfort which she didn’t quite understand why she longed for it.

‘Do I have to make you supper tomorrow night as well?’ Dawn asked.

‘If ya don’t mind. And it’s called tea.’

‘Supper! Tea is a drink.’

‘No…tea is the evening meal.’

‘Supper!’

‘Fucking tea!’

Dawn realised how light the mood was as she laughed at the immaturity of the argument. It was rare that she experiences something like this with Drew.

‘Wash my plate up, thanks,’ Drew said, handing his empty plate to Dawn as she stood up to take her own to the kitchen.

‘Sure, your majesty.’

She pattered out of the room and laid the plates in the sink, deciding that she would wash those in the morning. She stared out of the window at the pitch darkness behind it, hearing the faint whistle of wind. She wished she hadn’t taken her jacket off, for her tiny vest did nothing to protect her from the cold English air.

‘You longing for your lost love?’ Drew joked behind her.

‘No, just thinking about how cold England is,’ Dawn grimaced, turning around to face him.

‘Uhuh.’

‘How was the pizza?’ she asked, walking past him and turning, leaning against the counter.

‘Fine. Pizza’s fine for tea.’

‘Okay. And it’s supper,’ she added in an undertone.

‘…tea,’ Drew growled as he walked past her, kicking her foot in a would-be accidental way.

‘Supper!’ Dawn said loudly, giving him a quick shove.

‘It’s called frigging tea!’

Drew turned and grabbed Dawn by the shoulders and shaking her, not stopping a rare grin from filling his mouth.

‘Oh ye-ah,’ Dawn chimed, ‘I’m sure they called it “tea” in good ol’ Oxford.’

‘Well what did they call it in Detroit? Dennerrrrr,’ Drew teased, doing an appalling American accent.

‘You shut up!’ Dawn laughed, standing on her tiptoes and staring into his eyes, as though trying to intimidate him.

‘Make me midget!’

Before knowing what she was doing. Or even knowing anything of her surroundings…she leaned up. Though she did it quickly. It seemed to take an eternity. She reached his face and caught his slightly open mouth in a kiss deeply. It was so different than any kiss she had ever had. The only lips she had experienced in six years were Paul’s and before that, her juvenile boyfriends that she kissed in the canteen at lunch.

She pulled away from him after a couple of seconds and felt her face flush deeply. Drew was staring at her in a mix of shock and confusion.

‘Drew…I’m sor-’

Before she could finish, Drew had pulled her away from the counter and kissed her forcefully. Dawn let her eyes flicker shut and opened her mouth as Drew slipped his arms around her waist seductively. She felt all her senses going sky-high as Drew pushed her against the kitchen door and lifted her legs around him so that she was not standing.

Dawn wrapped her arms around his neck tightly and allowed him to slip his hand under her shirt so that his hand was on her bare waist. His thumb caressed the skin of her stomach and she shivered, putting one hand on his cheek and kissing him even more passionately - if that was possible.

‘Drew…’ she whispered, breaking the kiss for the first time as he turned quickly and they fell onto the kitchen table.

‘What?’ Drew gasped, laying over her and kissing her lips again.

‘Nothing…’

She could feel her vest riding up and Drew’s weight on hers was somehow…arousing. She gripped his back and realised how much broader and stronger he was than Paul. Oh God. Paul. Her husband. She was betraying her husband…

‘Drew…stop,’ Dawn whimpered, breaking the kiss and staring up at him.

Both of them were panting breathlessly and their lips were swollen from the vigorous contact. Drew seemed to understand without asking why Dawn had stopped and lifted himself off her carefully, pulling her off the table with him. Dawn stood against it, watching as Drew turned from her and put his hands in his pockets.

‘Soz Dawn,’ he muttered.

‘Me too. Drew…’ Dawn’s eyes starting to sting with tears.

‘What?’

‘Please,’ Dawn started to cry, ‘please don’t tell Paul.’

‘Course I ain’t gonna’ tell him,’ Drew said, turning to look at her, ‘nothing happened.’

‘Yes…yes it did,’ she sobbed, ‘we…’

‘Nothing serious happened,’ he snapped, ‘it was spur of the moment.’

‘I…yes,’ Dawn hiccoughed, nodding, ‘let’s just-’

‘G’night,’ Drew said, ‘see you tomorrow.’

With that, he left to go upstairs, leaving a distressed Dawn alone with her thoughts. What had caused her to do that…? They had kissed…a lot. She and Drew had always lived together and never had she dreamed that anything would happen. She loved Paul! So…

So why did she suddenly feel as though there was something missing?

I know that the sudden moment Dawn and Drew had might have shocked some and i am sorry if you didn't like it, but that's what I wanted :D

PLease R&R

~CuteDrew667~

PM list:

honey_clover112
HelloKitty17
shadow_shipper
miakimluv
littledreamindawn
Liberty4Pokemon
Oreo754

Last edited:

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
so...let me get this straight...for all of Hot Chocolate, I ask not to be PM-ed, yet you keep sending me regularly messages telling me a chapter's up (I never knew you cared xDD)

then I finaly ask that you PM me for this one...and you don't -_-

I'll try to understand later... T_T

ok..the video...huh...let's just say it's hard to find images in the pokemon anime that reflect this story xD
but you managed fairly well, especially in the middle...with Paul being angry at Dawn, talking to her best friend :)
yooo...Eminem + D12 = Fight Music = great :D
songs fitted...vid suited well...4/5 if I'd have to rate ^_^

For once I feel…pretty.

I feel pretty...oh so pretty... :rolleyes: :D

That suited her fine, because that was usually the time Drew and Misty started drinking and she was always irritated by Misty’s over-flirtatious and immature attitude around Drew…

ah...alcohol...or is it just her new personality ?

Not that he seemed to be phased at all. Dawn knew that if she looked at him, she would have to look at all of him. Including his broad shoulders, toned, muscly stomach and arms and…

‘For God’s sake,’ Dawn hissed

lol !! :p :D mhhh...you like picturing a muscular Drew, dontcha ? ^_^

She could hear the shower still running in the en suite and Paul singing along to Bon Jovi from the shower-radio

God we have such similar tastes in music...

‘Because Jenkins lives in New York, and I seriously doubt he is gonna’ come to England. But hey, on the bright side, you’ll be able to give Paul a shopping list. Misty’s going to see her Mom in Wales tonight so it’ll just be me and you, okay?’

...OK !! BelleShipping FTW !!!

We need some fics involving cross gen main characters ^_^
oho, and I remember that I've seen Gary in that vid of yours...will he come into play as well ? Killer casting for this fic ;)

‘Who you meeting?’ Drew asked, not taking his eyes from the television: where a man was sneaking through a house looking for his baby, that had been taken by the mutants…

‘May,’ Dawn said simply.

‘For fu- why?’ Drew snapped, looking up at her.

‘Because I like her,’ she replied defiantly, ‘see you later.’

Although she knew that he would probably be angry with her later, she rushed out of the house, grabbing her key on the way.

That's right love...Carpe Diem
Loved the part with May getting offered drinks :)

She comes from London and she got lost? We are just meant to be friends!

what...with the "happy-go-lucky" attitude and gorgeous looks...they have nothing in common xDD *shot*

Well that Drew guy didn’t seem to like me on our first meeting. What’s changed? Nothing probably, it is mostly likely to be Dawn’s wishful thinking.

indeed...but what Dawn does not know, is that this could trigger some things...emotionnal thins...violent things...damn the suspense and wild theories in my mind ! for they are killing me !!

I am surprised to hear that Dawn’s maiden name is Pristine. Dawn Pristine…ha.

oh how ironic...small details like these are what make a story and wirter great :) good going.

He flicks his hair from his eyes impatiently and for some reason I feel my lips part slightly. Dawn told me about all the girls that are after him and now that I look at him properly, I understand why.

enter the hairflick :D

...and the proper reaction that follows :rolleyes:

‘Cheers,’ he grunted in response, not taking his eyes from Pimp My Ride which was showing on MTV.

*has just bursted out laughing...holding his face in his hand*

now this is just plain ridiculous xD

Before knowing what she was doing. Or even knowing anything of her surroundings…she leaned up. Though she did it quickly. It seemed to take an eternity. She reached his face and caught his slightly open mouth in a kiss deeply.

oh yeah...not quoting the end of this but just two words : brilliant and...brilliant ? xD
let's say unexpected ^_^

I know that the sudden moment Dawn and Drew had might have shocked some and i am sorry if you didn't like it, but that's what I wanted :D

Fu*k that, BelleShipping all the way :D new cross-generations shipping, I am really starting to grow fond of them ;)

Well dear, again...what can I say ? you want me to stop making you blush with my "flattering" comments (which, I still hold my case, are only but the truth of what I think), then don't write such brilliant and captivating stories (don't you dare think of doing that...I'd rather live with the felling of me flattering you than without your fics :p )

5/5, I can almost already rate this, but I'll wait for another (few) chapter(s) to do it...

see you soon dear ;)

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
This was great! Before I forget, I watched the video you posted and it was really, really good. Felt like a real movie trailer. Anyways, back to the story.

Well, it's cute how May's job is going well. One good thing going right? I liked May and Dawn's talk in Starbucks(<3), I hope it keeps at peace for at least a certain amount of time. I wonder what Dawn would do if she didn't have May to talk too =]

Wow, I had seen the spolier before but Paul just taking off like that was a suprise. I never knew that New York was "metropolis," either even though I live in the U.S =D I like your writing because it kinda shows like England vs. U.S, not in a competitive way or anything, I just like the way you write. =]

Ow ow! Hot Dawn and Drew romance. I like how Drew doesn't even mind how Dawn calls it off, and acts like nothing happend. Poor Dawn, she was probuly so overwhelmed. By the way, The Hills Have Eyes, I love that movie, quite gory though, I can see where Dawn had problems.

Finally, my favortie part was when Drew drove May home and he was driving so quick and everything. I also loved her reffering him to a sexy gangster. That made me laugh out loud. =]

You really are sticking with this. Your updates come very fast. Does this mean you are spending less time on Hot Chocolate though? I hope not..=[

Lovely chapter again.

CuteDrew667

Boo Darlin <3
1. ...OK !! BelleShipping FTW !!!

We need some fics involving cross gen main characters ^_^
oho, and I remember that I've seen Gary in that vid of yours...will he come into play as well ? Killer casting for this fic ;)

2. enter the hairflick :D

...and the proper reaction that follows :rolleyes:

*has just bursted out laughing...holding his face in his hand*

now this is just plain ridiculous xD

Fu*k that, BelleShipping all the way :D new cross-generations shipping, I am really starting to grow fond of them ;)

Well dear, again...what can I say ? you want me to stop making you blush with my "flattering" comments (which, I still hold my case, are only but the truth of what I think), then don't write such brilliant and captivating stories (don't you dare think of doing that...I'd rather live with the felling of me flattering you than without your fics :p )

5/5, I can almost already rate this, but I'll wait for another (few) chapter(s) to do it...

see you soon dear ;)

I am sorry that I didn't PM you, I just quickly posted the chapter then went to watch Eastenders xD

1. I lurrrrrrrve da Belleshipping!! xD I like to cross characters that I think are cute together, rather than havin an obvious one like Briana/Drew or May/Drew because it gives an original thingy-ma-bob. xD
Yesh Gary will be in this fic, every character that was in the video is going to be in. Some of them (Misty and Nozomi) will not be main characters, but will nevertheless be in it.

2. Yesh, me have to have Drew's hair flick in!!! and May has a lil teeny reaction to it ^^

3. I tried to make it ridiculous and ironic that Drew was watching Pimp My Ride when he has an extravegant Porsche xD

4. Yesh Belleshipping :D You are soo nice thank you for saying that about my writing and yesh u flatter me so much but it is that kind of speak that inspires me so much hun

This was great! Before I forget, I watched the video you posted and it was really, really good. Felt like a real movie trailer. Anyways, back to the story.

Well, it's cute how May's job is going well. One good thing going right? I liked May and Dawn's talk in Starbucks(<3), I hope it keeps at peace for at least a certain amount of time. I wonder what Dawn would do if she didn't have May to talk too =]

Wow, I had seen the spolier before but Paul just taking off like that was a suprise. I never knew that New York was "metropolis," either even though I live in the U.S =D I like your writing because it kinda shows like England vs. U.S, not in a competitive way or anything, I just like the way you write. =]

Ow ow! Hot Dawn and Drew romance. I like how Drew doesn't even mind how Dawn calls it off, and acts like nothing happend. Poor Dawn, she was probuly so overwhelmed. By the way, The Hills Have Eyes, I love that movie, quite gory though, I can see where Dawn had problems.

Finally, my favortie part was when Drew drove May home and he was driving so quick and everything. I also loved her reffering him to a sexy gangster. That made me laugh out loud. =]

You really are sticking with this. Your updates come very fast. Does this mean you are spending less time on Hot Chocolate though? I hope not..=[

Lovely chapter again.

Thank you for watching my video and for syaing that about it =3

Dawn would probably just sit quietly in the living room with Drew and watch whatever he was on the television if she wasn't with May...

England vs. America? wootness xD thank you for that, I am extremely English so I think that shows xD

Yesh, I enjoyed writing the Dawn and Drew moment :D Belleshipping galore ^^ The Hills Have Eyes, my best friend Sophie-kins who I love dearly, scared me to death with that movie xDDD but oh well, it is a kool film but if she thinks she is going to make me le watch the second one, le nooo! xD

I am having to spend less time on Hot Chocolate for this fic, but I still write it, but the Hot Chocolate chapters tend to be longer so they take longer to write lol. Thank you for the lovely comment hun =3

littledreamindawn

Beginning Trainer
hey sammy!

I love this fanfic! It's amazing with the drama and the love and I just love it. You're a brilliant writer ^^ hot chocolate was also amazing all though this one is prob a lot more letme guess...adult rated x/ teehee could u add me to ur pm list on both ur fanfics? luva hun and keep up the great work! I can't help but ask myself what's going to happen next!? lol

Liberty4Pokemon

Vogue to the Music
..Drew should've shot Ash.....
Quoted for truth xD.

I love, love, love the fic! Belleshipping rocks, lol.
Anyway, it would be great if you'd put me on the pm list ^o^.
Thankies! 8^)

oreo754

~coordinator~
Awesome fanfic, lol:D I luv how you put the Belleshipping in there. I luv that shipping^_^ They look so cute together^.^

Anywayz...I really like this fic:D hehe, I liked how you made the chapters not be short(I like it when chapters are longer, lol) The pictures you made are pretty cool too:] Everything in this fic is great, lol. Oh, and can I be added to the PM list plz? Thanks;D

TPMX

Beans backing up...
Hi Sam!

Well...that was sudden. No buildup at all. Not that it's bad, just damn that was unexpected. lol, I think it was really good, but you simply have to work just a little on suspense, because it's nice to keep people guessing. Plus, the chapters were a lot longer than I thought they were, due to how long chapters usually are on SPPF. 5/5

From now on, it shall be known as Dinteapper!

Last edited:
I'm really starting to like this fic. I like how Dawn lives a pretty crappy life with those two jackasses (Drew and Paul), but how she meets sweet May and starts to become great friends with her.

That Drew/Dawn thing was really random, but it was done very nicely. I really don't like Belleshipping, so I really hope thats not the ship that this ends with. Maybe cause I'm such a diehard contestshipper. I really hope May and Drew get to actually talk sometime. xD

But keep up the fanfic! I really loved your Hot Chocolate fanfic. I never reviewed it, but its one of my favorites. So I hope I enjoy this fic as much as that one.

littledreamindawn

Beginning Trainer
Hey Sammy ^^

I love this fanfic! It's brilliant and I love your style of writing. It makes me wonder what's going to happen, and Dawn being unloyal to her husband?! What's going to happen? lol Could you add me to your pm list? I can't believe that Kengo died, though. It's so sad. I can't wait for the next chapter!

luvya!

dae

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Yesh. Told ya Drew should've shot Ash.

Nice chappie! I do like Belleshipping. But I still love Ikari..thank Lord that Dawn stopped....and Drew too. Ah...Ikari still lives!!! But...some Belleshipping stuff here...made me 1/10 to 4/10's....Darn youuuuuuuu! :D

The 'Hair flick'. Had to put it in eh? Of course...

Love the chappie. Um....10/10 for me today. :)

;006;

Rebeccag

Good chapter ^_^. i like the little english things that are put in as well I like to stop them. The hair flicking as well ^_^
I havent seen D/P yet but am looking foward to seeing Dawn and paul when I finally see it in England. anyway keep this up as its great ^_^

AdamtheNinja

Failed Ninja
OK Samz, I am really sorry but due to Serebii's tendency to loath me, I won't be doing reviews with quotes.. just normal reviews.
But as to what I have been trying to say for weeks as reviews with quotes, this fic is most definitely "The best ever thing since you said '
Drew is Sex on toast' on MSN".
There is so many things I could tell these people in reader land but (due to NDA's) I have to shush or die.

This post has been officially SUPERSPAZZED! by AdamtheNinja

Sweet Melody

Choco is awsome...=3
hi me again! love ur story!drew and dawn wowo.o now that was unexcepted! but there is going to be contestshipping right?Right! its ok if theres not any i dont mind. so can i be on the pm list?thankx;315;

CuteDrew667

Boo Darlin <3
Quoted for truth xD.

I love, love, love the fic! Belleshipping rocks, lol.
Anyway, it would be great if you'd put me on the pm list ^o^.
Thankies! 8^)

Sure you can go on the PM list hun, yesh I like Drew/Dawn too and thank you for the comment ^^

Awesome fanfic, lol:D I luv how you put the Belleshipping in there. I luv that shipping^_^ They look so cute together^.^

Anywayz...I really like this fic:D hehe, I liked how you made the chapters not be short(I like it when chapters are longer, lol) The pictures you made are pretty cool too:] Everything in this fic is great, lol. Oh, and can I be added to the PM list plz? Thanks;D

Me love Belleshipping too and love ur signature ^^ thank you for the lovely comment and about my pics

Hi Sam!

Well...that was sudden. No buildup at all. Not that it's bad, just damn that was unexpected. lol, I think it was really good, but you simply have to work just a little on suspense, because it's nice to keep people guessing. Plus, the chapters were a lot longer than I thought they were, due to how long chapters usually are on SPPF. 5/5

From now on, it shall be known as Dinteapper!

Build up to what? please be more specific, the whole fic or the moment between Drew/Dawn? That is the idea that the beginning comes out of no where because Dawn has backflashes later on to explain.

what is Dinteapper? but thank you for the comment

I'm really starting to like this fic. I like how Dawn lives a pretty crappy life with those two jackasses (Drew and Paul), but how she meets sweet May and starts to become great friends with her.

That Drew/Dawn thing was really random, but it was done very nicely. I really don't like Belleshipping, so I really hope thats not the ship that this ends with. Maybe cause I'm such a diehard contestshipper. I really hope May and Drew get to actually talk sometime. xD

But keep up the fanfic! I really loved your Hot Chocolate fanfic. I never reviewed it, but its one of my favorites. So I hope I enjoy this fic as much as that one.

Mandi!!! *huggles* Yes Dawn has a very hard life, and aw u called Drew a jackass xD
Hmm, I am not saying anything about the major shippings in this fic, cus it would spoil and i would be inclined to rush into them if I told anyone. but there have been no hints for them yet, and some characters have yet to show up.

Wow, you have read Hot Chocolate? thank you and thank you for this lovely comment hun

Hey Sammy ^^

I love this fanfic! It's brilliant and I love your style of writing. It makes me wonder what's going to happen, and Dawn being unloyal to her husband?! What's going to happen? lol Could you add me to your pm list? I can't believe that Kengo died, though. It's so sad. I can't wait for the next chapter!

luvya!

dae

you are on the PM list bbz lol. Thank you for this lovely comment, and yesh Dawn a naughty gurlie

Yesh. Told ya Drew should've shot Ash.

Nice chappie! I do like Belleshipping. But I still love Ikari..thank Lord that Dawn stopped....and Drew too. Ah...Ikari still lives!!! But...some Belleshipping stuff here...made me 1/10 to 4/10's....Darn youuuuuuuu! :D

The 'Hair flick'. Had to put it in eh? Of course...

Love the chappie. Um....10/10 for me today. :)

;006;

er...I don't really get what u mean by the 1/10 and 4/10 stuff if u like belleshipping. yesh Drew's hairflick ^^ thankies for the comment

hi Sammy!

wow..well,i wuz juz reading..reading..then,oh my gosh..Hawt Drew n' Dawn romance moment lolz am starting to like Belleshippy :3 oh no,i can't!! am a faithul Contestshipper!..oh wellz..go Belleshippy lolz hmm..it makes me wonder though..maybe..well,i think Dawn should go wid Drew i mean..at least Drew iz there for her (in a way lolz) n' well,Paul err..i dunno lolz anywayz,awesome chapter! itz so addicting hehe me juz gotta read it ovr n' ovr again lolz can't wait for da next one! :3

ovr n' outzzz... [=

Yesh Drew and Dawn moment was....heated *shot* XD I am a Contestshipper but I do love Belleshipping. thankies for the lovely comment hun, especially saying that it is addictive =3

Good chapter ^_^. i like the little english things that are put in as well I like to stop them. The hair flicking as well ^_^
I havent seen D/P yet but am looking foward to seeing Dawn and paul when I finally see it in England. anyway keep this up as its great ^_^

lol yesh my english-nes is prominant. thankies vair much for the comment bbz

CuteDrew667

Boo Darlin <3
*seen more spoilers than others*
i gotta say, this next chapter will be very dark, i hope every1s prepared to be hurt.

hehe perhaps. but maybe....ooh bugger it, here is the next chap

Rated R - Coarse Sexual References, Violence, Strong Language, Threat with a weapon

This Chap is a little bit...stationary. In other words, there isn't a lot of action that the characters go through. But Dawn has a lot of backflashes, so you find a lot about how hard her life has been, with and without Paul

Gangs of London

Chapter 3

Dawn stared at her alarm clock’s ticking hand go around solemnly. As she had been since three o’ clock that morning. It was now almost eight and her eyes were burning with tiredness, but she just couldn’t sleep. She was a slag. Everything that her father told her she was. That her looks were all that she had to get by with in the world. That she would never be the lawyer working in England that she dreamed of. She would end up living from her husband’s money and getting him through her beauty and nothing else.

‘Your mother came to America to make a living here. What makes you think you will be able to live at all in that place?’ he had said to her, not listening to a dream or word that escaped her mouth.

By “that place”, he was of course, referring to England. But they moved. After Dawn’s mother threatened to leave him, he got a VISA, sorted it out and the family moved to London. Dawn had insisted she wanted to get an education in England, because it had better Universities. Everything was going right, until she met Paul. Not that it didn’t thrill her! She loved him more than she could’ve ever imagined loving one of the Scathen family. Or anyone at all for that matter.

‘Hey blue,’ he’d called as she was in the library studying the basics of law.

She’d been shocked that he had spoken to her, and was immediately in crush-mode. He had left the school two years before so it was obvious that he had been hanging around to spot her. He was tall, tough-looking and his accent was strong Cockney. Extremely different from Drew's was at the time.

‘Er…I’m just-’

‘So what you doing?’ he’d asked, looking at the book before she had chance to tell him, ‘Oxford University’s Start to Law? Sounds like a load of shit to me.’

That was where it all began. She chose to go out with Paul over the book that day, and never went back. She tried to convince her parents that she was sticking to her studies, even trying to convince herself, but it was useless. It was her first love and she was overwhelmed. Kengo tried to tell her to stay away and she screamed at him. If she hadn’t done that…maybe he would still be alive. If she hadn’t made a show of the fact that he was trying to break them up, maybe Paul wouldn’t have told Drew. Maybe Drew wouldn’t have shot him…

‘Babe, I’ll see you in a bit. Have fun in Maths,’ he grinned sarcastically, kissing her softly, ‘see you after school.’

Dawn smiled and began to walk up to school, feeling the familiar glee that she always did when Paul kissed her. She looked back at him, realising how far away he already was. He was talking to his cousin. Dawn didn’t know him very well, apart from the occasional “Alright” from him if she was with Paul, but she knew that he had a reputation for being incredibly hard and tough.

She stared at them carefully and noticed Drew showing something black to Paul. What the…a gun?! Dawn thought, alarmed. What were they thinking of doing? She looked again and they had gone out of sight. Neglecting the fact that it was truanting, Dawn started to carefully run after them, trying to keep her steps quiet.

She followed them slyly for what seemed like forever. She was uncomfortable by the fact that they had merged into one of the roughest areas around, going through alleys until finally reaching an abandoned car park. To Dawn’s immense shock, Kengo was waiting there.

‘What the-’ he began, ‘where’s Dawn?’

‘Yeah, you know that note you got from her?’ Drew sneered, ‘it was from me, sorry to burst your happiness.’

‘What the hell is going on?’ Kengo demanded.

‘You really don’t know, do you?’ Paul said heatedly, stepping forwards.

Before Kengo could reply, Paul drew back his fist and smashed it into his face. Dawn started in shock, a tiny cry escaping her mouth. She considered stepping forwards, but found that she was frozen.

‘Don’t you fucking dare try and take Dawn away from me,’ Paul yelled at Kengo, who was getting to his feet slowly, ‘she is mine, and you telling her that I am bad news ain’t gonna’ fucking change that!’

‘You are bad for her. Your whole family is!’ Kengo shouted boldly, wiping blood from his mouth.

‘What the fuck did you just say boy?’ Drew said, almost comically.

‘You heard me! Dawn is a nice girl, if you had any decency you would leave her alone!’ Kengo growled.

‘Piss off, she’s my missus because she chose to be. No little faggot like you is going to change that! Drew.’

Drew put his hand into his pocket and Dawn clapped a hand over her mouth in horror. A G26 handgun…

‘Wanna say that you will never speak to his girl again?’ Drew asked, still keeping his calm, off-hand tone.

‘Fuck you,’ Kengo said, his usually polite tone disintegrating.

‘I'll take that as a no, shall I?’

‘Kill him,’ Paul spat, ‘teach him not to mess with our name.’

Before Dawn could act, he did it. Drew Scathen pulled the trigger on that gun. An almighty bang sounded the area. Louder than anything Dawn had ever heard.

‘NO!’ she screamed as loud as was possible, throwing her face into her hands in terror.

She clenched her hands into fists against her face as choked sobs started to erupt from her chest.

‘What the- Dawn what the hell are you doing here?’ Paul’s voice called.

She couldn’t answer him. He shook her shoulders but she still couldn’t look at him.

‘For fuck’s sake, talk!’ Drew yelled.

Drew had never spoken to her like that before and she couldn’t believe how intimidating he was.

‘Either you make her talk, or I will,’ Drew snapped at Paul.

‘I will!’

Paul grabbed Dawn’s shoulders and pushed her against the wall violently. Dawn flinched in pain but still couldn’t react. The two men were staring at her coldly.

‘Speak Dawn! What are you doing here?’ Paul shouted.

When she didn’t reply, he thrust his hand to her throat. Dawn whimpered in shock, bringing her eyes down to look at Kengo. His eyes were closed, as though he was expecting to die and wanted to prevent her from seeing his blank stare. Blood caked his white school shirt and Dawn’s lip trembled even more…

If I had moved, I could’ve saved him, Dawn thought blankly. The guilt had completely taken over her life for the following year and it still bothered her to the day. She had thrown herself into being the perfect girlfriend for Paul, mostly to convince Drew that she wouldn’t go to the police. He had intimidated her until the day that she turned eighteen. At that point, she believed that he had finally accepted that she wasn’t going to tell anyone about the incident. Before that he scared her so much that she barely spoke in front of him.

He spoke to her. Well…threatened/hissed/spat at her, usually outside the school gates. Too bad in her final year, six weeks from her exams she was threatened because of that…

‘Hey, Pristine!’

Before Dawn knew what was going, a tall blonde girl had marched over and pushed her roughly, her five cronies standing at her heels obediently.

‘What the-’ Dawn had started.

‘Listen bitch, what the hell do you think you are doing with Drew?’ blondie snapped.

‘Hit her Tammy!’ one of her friends said, ‘go on.’

‘Look, I am with Paul-’

‘So you’re a cheater as well you little slut?’ Tammy yelled

‘No! There is nothing between me and Drew!’

‘Oh sure. You ugly little whore, did you promise to get on your knees for him or something?'

Tammy’s cronies burst out laughing, and it was obviously fake. Dawn felt her stomach lurch from the hurtful things that this girl was saying.

‘You know Drew is a Pimp right,’ one of them said “knowingly”.

Now that just wasn’t true. Drew was unbelievably popular with girls, more-so than Paul, but he wasn’t a Pimp. He didn’t cheat…he just ignored the gathering squealers that surrounded him.

‘That’s her dream!’ Tammy laughed, ‘to make a Pimp proud.’

It was then that Dawn had enough. She drew back her fist (not her hand, her fist) and hit Tammy as hard as she could. Her anger was surging too much to care as the rest of the girls pounced on her as she hit Tammy repeatedly. The girl that had called Drew a Pimp grabbed Dawn by her hair and tried to pull her off of Tammy, her long nails scratching Dawn’s face.

‘What the hell is going on!?’

The head mistress had run over and the girls stopped fighting and parted, Tammy kicking Dawn’s stomach first before she had chance to stand up though. Dawn coughed at the blow and launched at Tammy, but the Head grabbed her roughly.

‘You girls are a disgrace, get to my office NOW!’ she shouted.

‘Fuck you!’ Dawn yelled, pulling away from her and turning to face them, determined not to cry.

The girls gasped at her words. As callous as they were, no one spoke to the Head like that. Well. No one since Drew.

‘How dare you,’ the woman said loudly, ‘I cannot believe-’

‘Well believe it!’ Dawn shouted.

The pain of losing her best friend, her fear of Drew and the nerve that these girls had took its toll.

‘Miss Hampton, you won’t have to worry about me again because I am leaving this shit hole! No I am not coming back for my exams, because honestly I don’t give a fuck.’

With that, she sprinted up, her satchel and hair waving wildly in the wind. Cold tears streamed down her face, half from anger and half from hurt. Tammy called her ugly. Was she? Right then, she would’ve believed anything. And she kept to her word. The smartest girl in the year never entered the school grounds after that day. Which pleased Drew mostly, for there was no chance of her slipping anything out to the class if they mentioned their “loss”.

Dawn closed her eyes with a sigh and swung her legs out of bed. There was no point in staying cooped up in bed all day, dwelling on things that she wished her troubled mind would forget. She didn’t bother to put her dressing gown or slippers on and padded downstairs in her thin nightie and bare feet. Craving for tea, she walked into the kitchen and flicked the switch on the kettle. The house was dull and silent, and Dawn missed Paul a lot. She had been stupid thinking “something was missing”. She loved Paul and love was all she needed.

Stirring the milk and water mournfully, Dawn felt a single tear trickle down her cheek. She didn’t move or try to blink it away, she just let it fall, keeping her blurring eyes on her cup. She didn’t even bother to move or look up when she saw someone walk into the kitchen.

‘Dawn, what’s the matter with you?’ Drew asked insensitively, leaning against the kitchen table and looking at her.

‘Hmm.’

‘Aye?’

‘Nothing. I’m fine,’ Dawn whispered.

She looked over at him and was surprised to see that he was fully dressed.

‘Where are you going?’ she asked quietly.

‘To pick Gary and Phoebe up from the airport,’ he said, ‘do us a cuppa’ will you.’

Dawn pulled another cup out of the cupboard and did it silently. Drew was watching her closely and she ignored him, feeling the tear drying against her face.

‘You ain’t still stressing about last night are you?’ Drew asked, sounding angry, ‘cause’ I told you that it was spur of the moment!’

‘It’s not that.’

‘Then stop looking so damn depressed!’ he snapped.

‘Sorry!’ Dawn cried, turning around and staring at him tearfully, ‘I’m sorry okay, I just have a lot on my mind.’

‘Dawn-’

‘Just go to the airport, there’s your tea,’ she murmured, walking past him, neglecting her usual fear of him, ‘see you later.’

‘Dawn, for God’s sake,’ Drew shouted, turning and grabbing her arm, ‘tell me what the hell is wrong with you.’

‘Nothing okay,’ she broke down and shook her head, ‘just…thinking about stuff. Please, it’s nothing to do with you.’

She pushed his hand off of her arm and walked away, hearing Drew swear behind her. Everything was just too much. Paul was never around to support her, and fat chance of getting any from Drew. All he did was make things harder for her.

She suddenly thought of her father. “Supporting” the family with his huge income and making up for it by calling Dawn every name under the sun and barely speaking to her mother. If Dawn wasn’t a cheerleading inspiration who he could brag about, she wasn’t worth being mentioned. In other words, she may have been smart but she was nothing and would rely on a husband for money and get by on looks alone…

‘*******,’ Dawn whispered her herself, pushing her bedroom door open and sitting on the bed slowly, ‘I had more going for me than you ever did.’

She would get by only on looks? He hated everything that the President of the United States didn’t agree with and scammed his way to every working position he ever had. He even hated England. Britain. Anything un-American. So why did he marry her British mother? Perhaps it was simply her beauty. Maybe that’s the only reason Paul fell for someone like her…someone who cared about nothing but becoming a great lawyer.

‘A lawyer? You?’ her father laughed nastily.

‘Yes, and I wasn’t talking to you,’ Dawn snapped, turning back to her mother.

‘Well, honey, don’t you think law is a bit…complicated?’ her mother asked quietly.

‘Well, yes of course it is,’ Dawn replied, ‘but I’m smart, I’ll get there if I try my best.’

‘Nah love, marry a lawyer. That’s as close as you’ll get,’ her father said, laughing at himself.

‘I don’t need a man to provide for me,’ Dawn said, her voice becoming high with hurt, ‘I know what to do to get the career I want.’

‘You may know what to do, but you’re never gonna’ get there. You rely on ya’ looks too much.’

‘Mark!’ Dawn’s mother said quietly, not that her tiny snap was going to change anything.

‘Dawn, we moved to England. We did what you wanted, but don’t try and convince us that it was because of the Universities over here.’

‘It is! Why can’t you just support me?’

Tears of anger spilled out of Dawn’s eyes as she turned away from him determinedly-

‘Dawn?’

Drew’s voice snapped Dawn out of her reminiscence and she wiped her eyes and looked at her bedroom door. He’d already opened it and stepped in.

‘I’m going now.’

‘Oh really? I thought you had already gone,’ Dawn replied quietly.

‘See you in about an hour, depending on the traffic to Heathrow,’ he grumbled, looking awfully disgruntled by having to go there.

He put a hand on Dawn’s cheek and kissed her head softly. Dawn was so shocked that she froze, staring at Drew as he left the room with her mouth slightly open. It was one thing for Drew to give in to a moment of lust, but to display true affection to her? That had never happened before.

‘Maple, can you get package 2A from the fourth shelf from the top in the back room?’

So much for working at the pub again. Today I am in a delivery, post office place as someone’s little skank. It is 3pm and I haven't stopped working once! Package 2A? Good-bloody-God, there has to be a thousand effing packages in this place and he says 2A?

‘2A…? 2A…? 2A!’ I cry out in triumph as my eyes lay on a box about the same size as a television and lift it confidently.

Biggest mistake of the day. What the hell is in this thing? House bricks? Probably. Knowing the peculiar ways of the Southern British.

‘Here…your package,’ I gasp, toppling to the counter and laying it in front of the man waiting for it.

‘Yeah, it’s heavy by the way,’ he smirks, signing a loopy signature on the board I hand to him.

‘Thanks for that,’ I hiss quietly, just loud enough for him to hear, tightening my ponytail irritably.

‘Keep your claws in Kitty.’

‘Don’t call me that!’

‘My most sincere apologies…Kitty.’

The man shakes his auburn hair from his eyes cockily and pushes the board containing his signature back across the table. I read the signature and feel my brow furrow at the sight.

‘Drew Scathen?’ I whisper, looking up at him slowly.

‘The one and only.’

‘No…I’ve met Drew Scathen,’ I say, confused, ‘you’re not him.’

‘Ah.’

The man does not seem at all bothered by the fact that I know he’s lying. Unless he happens to be called Drew Scathen as well? That could be possible!

‘Come here,’ he says, pulling me around the counter and grinning at me again.

‘What-’

‘I am running a little errand for Drew, kay?’ he says, putting a finger under my chin, ‘you don’t have a problem with that, do you?’

‘But…you can’t-’

‘Babe, this is me your talking to.’

Me? Who’s me? I don’t even know this guy’s name.

‘Here,’ he rips a piece of paper from the wad on the counter and starts to write on it, ‘I’ll take the package. And you…’

I stare inquisitively at the paper but he folds it up out of my sight and holds it in his fist.

'Let me know. If there is any problem.’

He pulls my hands from my side and pushes the paper into it, closing it again. It is so surreal that it seems perfectly natural for this interaction to occur. He gives me one more smirk, picks up the package and sweeps out of the building. What…just…happened?

My hands fumbling, I open the piece of paper apprehensively.

07913289848 - Give me a call some time

Gary

Gary…?

I feel a small smile creeping onto my lips. I just might do that.

Ah, there you have it. I hope that isn't disappointing. I always feel that the chapters are inadequate so I say the same after each chap.

If you read and like please R&R

~CuteDrew667~

Gangs of London PM List:

honey_clover112
HelloKitty17
shadow_shipper
miakimluv
littledreamindawn
Liberty4Pokemon
Oreo754
cutey_Kat12

Sweet Melody

Choco is awsome...=3
yaz! the next chapie is up! well i really liked it and although im a contestshippier i thought the little moment between dawn and drew was just simply cute! oh also u surpized me w/ the gary thing....wonder wuts going to happen next??? anywayz keep up the good work!;315;