• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Garden of Eatin'! (364)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Garden of Eatin'!

Ash & Co. find a Pokémon Park which has loads of Bananas and Slakoths in, however a Snorlax has recently arrived and is eating all the fruit. Ash & Co. are recruited into stopping him. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dub title?

snorlax is so cool but i though (i don't know why) ash's snorlax would come.also it looks like a filler. i came up with another dub title

-better to be safe than slakoth- (better to be safe than sorry)
-stop snorlax-ing- (pun on the words stop snoring because it has snorlax in it)
-time to snorlax- (pun on the words time to relax because it has a snorlax)

Last edited:
V

vulpix

Torkoal Stu said:
snorlax is so cool but i though (i don't know why) ash's snorlax would come.also it looks like a filler. i came up with another dub title

-better to be safe than slakoth- (better to be safe than sorry)
-stop snorlax-ing- (pun on the words stop snoring because it has snorlax in it)
-time to snorlax- (pun on the words time to relax because it has a snorlax)
i like "better to be safe than slakoth" the best.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
vulpix said:
i like "better to be safe than slakoth" the best.

Agreed. The title would state the plot of the episode, that it's better to be safe and evolve it into a Vigoroth then for it to stay a Slakoth.

Well, I read the episode guide, and I'm highly confused that a single Slakoth could faint Pikachu, Torkoal and Grovyle, the very three who defeated the entire Slakoth family back in the Norman episode. I'm going to have to see this episode for myself to be sure.

Grovyle said:
Agreed. The title would state the plot of the episode, that it's better to be safe and evolve it into a Vigoroth then for it to stay a Slakoth..

Yay two people like my guess title. Thanks. No one usually likes my guesses.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, the drawing-style in this episode wasn't that good, but the hilarity quite made up for it in my opinion^^ My favorite moment was when May said "Son'na banana" instead of "Son'na bakana", that was very funny.

Nice to see a comeback of Slakoth, Vigoroth and Snorlax. And that cool BGM from AG 91 that is played so rarely was in there too (For some strange reason, I saw AG 91 before this one)!

One minus point was that Slakoth's battle-and-evolution-scene, it was too rushed and a bit unrealistic generally. On the other hand I can understand that the the writers hadn't had the time to make it any longer, especially since the battling was not the focus of this ep.

So, overall I think this episode was quite good.

Last edited:
N

NeoAlphaGenesis

I'm really looking forward to this episode. Snorlax is one of my favorite pokemon, and it'll be great to see it in action again even if it's the "bad guy" this time around!

I always felt that Ash should've used Snorlax more often in his gym battles in Johto, and later in Hoenn. During the Silver Conference, Snorlax won more battles than any of Ash's other pokemon, so it's clear Snorlax is one of Ash's strongest pokemon. In fact, I'd rank Snorlax right up there with Charizard and Pikachu!

D

dubbi

this might be my favorite episode ever there was a episode like this before where snorlax was eating all the fruit and that was my favorite episode can someone please give me the name

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Electrode Destroyer

This episode was pretty good. I still can't believe that Marseille (the owner of the garden) manages to catch a Snorlax with a pokeball, though to Juptile, Ash let the Slakoth-which has a cool hairdo- faint his pokemon so it could evolve. Overall, this episode was good, but not as good as "Crazy as a Lunatone" which is my fave Hoenn episode. And Geki, Ash does not get his Snorlax back, Prof. Oak just demonstrates a new Pokeblock for Snorlax and other big pokemon.

Geodude

Juptile said:
Well, I read the episode guide, and I'm highly confused that a single Slakoth could faint Pikachu, Torkoal and Grovyle, the very three who defeated the entire Slakoth family back in the Norman episode. I'm going to have to see this episode for myself to be sure.
The point of the battles wasn't for Ash to win, it was for Slakoth to evolve. Remember "The Problem with Paras" back in Kanto? Same thing.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Well, this episode aired yesterday in Canada...so here's my review!

Overall it was a pretty decent episode. Not as boring as the recent fillers *cough*last2episodes*cough* How they had to get rid of Snorlax by training Slakoth...it was quite good.

Interesting/Horrible Facts:

- The Garden is called "Banana Slakoth Garden", just like the Japanese title.

- Makino/Marcelle has...a French accent -.-o He even includes French words such as aurevoir, finni, mes amies, and ze instead of the. All because he has a French-looking moustache. Looks like Adan's Fate is Sealed >.>

- Snorlax has a new voice [random one and Ash's]. It's rough and gruff-sounding...kind of like Gengar's D:

- A Thunder and Iron Tail attack from a Lv 1047 Pikachu [Ash's] doesn't even phase Snorlax, but a Scratch from a newly evolved Vigoroth does? That makes sense :rolleyes:

- When Pikachu's Attacks don't hurt Snorlax, May says "This is Bananas!"
...First "The More the Morier" now this? I seriously hope May's recent cheesy one liners has nothing to do with the estimated IQ 4Kids seems to have for her...and from these lines, it seems that it's set VERY low...e.e

Quotes:

- Meowth: We're in the Valley of the Jolly Green Snorax! [Hehehe...]

- Meowth [after clothing fantasy]: I'm just happy because I'll finally be wearing some clothes!

- Meowth: Lowering! [may not be funny now, but he says it in an incredibly gay tone which makes it hi-larious].

More Proof of 4Kids' Attempt to makes James Gay...

- Jessie: If we're going to get promoted, we really should think about getting new uniforms and a new look.

James: Good point. These uniforms are a bit dated [they have been wearing them through 3 regions now :p]

Jessie: Something with a long coat, high collar, cool graphics, and all black!

James: And tight pants! [Oh 4Kids...WHY?!]

- James: Get a good grip!

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

TR Motto...

Jessie: Prepare for trouble as we respresent.

James: We're making it double with a fashion statement!

Jessie: To protect the world from taste gone bad.

James: To unite all people with a trendy fad!

Jessie: To denounce the evils of things bourgeois

James: To extend our reach to a fashion faux pas.

Jessie! James!

Jessie: Team Rocket is blasting off at the Speed of light!

James: So surrender now now cause we're looking so outa sight!

Overall: 7.5/10 - Not horrible, but not too interesting.

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
The episode does look cool. I can't wait till it airs in the U.S.

Geodude

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
- When Pikachu's Attacks don't hurt Snorlax, May says "This is Bananas!"
...First "The More the Morier" now this? I seriously hope May's recent cheesy one liners has nothing to do with the estimated IQ 4Kids seems to have for her...and from these lines, it seems that it's set VERY low...e.e
What the heck made you blame that quote on 4Kids? The other one I can understand, but the others facefaulted in reaction to this one, so obviously there was something similar in the original.

the episode was ok.......... the battle with Vigoroth and Snorlax was kool....... i'd give it a 8/10

Medea

Excalibur
This was an okay episode...that's all I gotta say on that behalf. Another appearance by Professor Oak is always good. Plus Slakoth was pretty cool in battle. However, is it just me or does Snorlax's voice seem different...Oh well, maybe it's just me!

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
I wonder why they didn't just call up Norman and ask to use his Vigoroth. Max had just metnioned Norman before they came up with the evolution idea.

Snorlax's new voice was horrible! o_O

Yay for the cameos of Ash's Snorlax and Professor Sammy.

The "that's bannanas" thing was funny, not because of May, but because of everyone's reaction to it. You'd think with the dub versions of the characters would be used to it after years of 4Kids puns. ;)

Meh... this episode was pretty bland. 8/10.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Electrode Destroyer~ said:
Ash let the Slakoth faint his pokemon so it could evolve.

I understand that now, still, it was a bit of a letdown to see two of my favorite Pokemon get treated like punching bags, even if it was for training. If I were the writers I would have done that segment differently, maybe just have one Pokemon spar against the Namakero until it evolved.

And if you guys are planning to click the reply button and tell me to get over it, don't bother. :p

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
This was a painfully average filler. Glad Ash's Snorlax at least got a brief cameo, but having a Snorlax vs. Snorlax battle would have made the episode ten times better. I don't know why they decided to give Marcel a German accent when he looks much more Hispanic.
Juptile said:
And if you guys are planning to click the reply button and tell me to get over it, don't bother. :p
Get over it. ^_^