• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gary Oak Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
wsadyIf.png

Welcome to the Gary Oak/Shigeru Okido fan club.

In this club, you can chat about Gary Oak, share pictures/fanart, and anything else that has to do with Gary.
You all know who Gary Oak is? I mean, you're looking at fan club for Gary Oak so you have to know who he is, right?

Rules

1. All SPPF Rules apply.
2. Absolutely NO Bashing or Flaming any members or Gary Oak too. This won't be tolerated and will be reported to directly to the moderators.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Respect each other. That goes without saying though.
5. No one liners, please.
6. You can talk about shippings involving Gary that you like here but if you wish to talk about it in full, then go to the Shippers Community.
7. Please give credit. If you want to post a fanart or a graphic, that's fine. But please specify where you found it.
8. Enjoy yourself.​

Members
  • Mizz Nikki (Owner)
  • PlayinWithFire
  • ~SkyHigh~
  • BubChan
  • EonMater101
  • Schade
  • xEryChan
  • TopGengar99
  • Janice Quatlane

HTML:
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Why do you like Gary Oak?[/b]

Graphics
None so far~​

Last edited:

PlayinWithFire

Hex Trainer
Username: PlayinWithFire

Why do you like Gary Oak? His attitude toward Ash was really funny imo and he's the only rival in-game that gave me satisfaction when I would beat him. He's also the first rival who was champion before you and wasn't afraid to show that he knew what the heck he was doing. Honestly I can go on and on about why I like him lol

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Oh yes, a Gary Oak club =D I'm so joining, that is if you don't mind.

Username: ~SkyHigh~

Why do you like Gary Oak? What is there not to like about him? He was a much better rival to Ash then some of his other rivals. He is the only one rival in game who actually did go on to become the Champion and that is something I have really missed when playing Pokemon games. I love his personality and how he constantly teased Ash but in the end, he was always a really good friend. And he is not afraid to show that he knows exactly what he is doing.

BubChan

Wonderwall
OMG a Gary Club >.< i love him!

Username: BubChan

Why do you like Gary Oak? He's the best rival ever! i love his rebel style, always teasing Ash, but, actually, his a great friend for Ash. Ilove his gameverse too! He is the unique rival that actually became a champion, it was awesome, after that, he became a Gym leader, i miss him in the new games i miss almost all rivals... but he's special, i hope to see him in the anime or game again!

EonMaster101

"Let's go, partner!"
Username: EonMaster101

Why do you like Gary Oak?
To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure. I just always liked him. Like most characters, he has his own perks and funny moments. He's also been in the anime from the beginning(even though not a main character), so he's special to me in that sense that he's from the beginning and still (kinda) around. The way he teased the heroes, especially Ash, it just always made me laugh. Long story made short, Gary is my favorite of Ash's rivals and very high up on my "favorite characters of all time" list and I would be happy to join a club with people who feel the same.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Username: Anna Anka.

Why do you like Gary Oak? His girth, obviously. I like his attitude, how he got ten badges in a region where only 8 is aveilable, and his good taste in Pokemon. more or less, I like that he's a bada**. Besides, He is the rival. the first one, and the most iconic one

xEryChan

Demon Child
Yes, a Gary Oak club! I love him =D

Username: xEryChan but mostly everyone calls me Ery.

Why do you like Gary Oak? Because he's awesome haha xDD but no seriously, Gary has always been my favorite rival. I like his personality, how he started out teasing Ash but then they ended up becoming good friends. I love him in the games too. He is the only rival from the games who goes on to become the champion, which is pretty darn cool. Plus, it always baffled me how he got ten badges in one region when there are only eight available.

Honestly, I could go on for hours about why I like him. Gary is just awesome and he is the rival, the first one, he started the tradition.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!
Username: TopGengar999

Why do you like Gary Oak? He was funny and the most interesting rival out of the main 3 imo. His development of an arrogant kid to Ash's friend made me like him. Plus, he got 10 badges when we can only get 8.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Welcome everyone, I've added your names to the list. I should probably answer the topic myself, right?

Why do you like Gary Oak? Because he's hot and if I was an anime girl, I would so marry him :p. What's there not to like about Gary Oak? He still, to this day, is my favorite of any of Ash's rivals. He was such an arrogant, overconfident kid who thought he was all that did annoy me at first but I like how he matured quite a bit and did become a good friend to Ash. Plus, it makes me laugh how he manged to get ten badges when only eight are available.

I also like how, in the games, he is literally the only rival who went on to become the Pokemon League Champion, which makes him all the more awesome. He started it all, he is the first champion. He started it all, he owns every champion, hands down.

What more is there to say? Gary Oak is awesome!

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
Username: Janice Quatlane

Why do you like Gary Oak? I think that Gary was the only ever actual "Rival". Everyone else was kind of just like a roadworks sign, but Gary was the guy in Lumiose City who wouldn't let you go any further.
Also anime Gary is great and I really just love his personality and how he left the dumb " Pokemon master" dream to Ash, and went off to become a Pokémon researcher.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Well, this club has been pretty dead, where did everyone go?

I have a topic for you guys.

Do you like Gary better in the earlier episodes or in the later episodes after he became a Pokemon Researcher?

I personally like him in the later episodes, tbh. I'm not saying I didn't like him in the earlier episodes, he was a very funny character back then. I just liked him better when he became a researcher and he became a good friend to Ash.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
There was a topic that was lost during the downtime and I can't remember it word for word but I thought it was interesting so I'm going to bring it back.

Do you like Gary better in the games or the anime?

I personally can't decide where I like him better. I mean, I love his personality in the anime and how he came from teasing and berating Ash to becoming a great friend to him, I love that. But he kind of does hold that personality in the games as well.

So yeah, I can't decide.

I forgot who thought of the topic but I know it was one of the members so all the credit goes to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.