• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gast' Bro's (BS Doubles)

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
423-westsea.png
423-eastsea.png

~bug pro & pyschicflare's team~

So, I and pyschicflare have enjoyed playing against eachother, and training, etc. But one day, I saw this great idea of doing Doubles - together. No more that simple AI to team up whith, now it was a human brain. Looking through all 'Mons to see which one I should base my team on, I found Gastrodon. While being a excellent Wall, whith access to Recover, he also did wery well offensive. Plus, he has two forms, so he's stylish :p. We choosed to take both of 'em in the team, pairing whith some other Pokemons making a pretty great synergy.

423.gif
423_e.gif
637.gif
212.gif
Team:

bug pro's part:

423.gif

Gastrodon (West sea) @Leftovers
Sassy / Sticky Hold
Ev's: 252Hp 252Atk 4Def
-Surf
-Rock Slide
-Toxic
-Recover

The Supportive Gastrodon. He's focused to use Physical moves, and Surf is mainly just for the Offensive Gastrodon (East). Rock Slide take usage from the EV's, as well as gaining welcomed coverage and hittin' both enemies. As stated earlier, Surf is just supportive, but that dosn't mean you can't use it good. Protect helps whith recovery from Leftovers, and also negotiate Offensive Gastrodon's Slime Wave. I'm having a drama at the last slot. Toxic helps stalling in general, while Recover is essential if a Wall has it in it's movepool. Ev's are selected to gain a good defense, as well as offense. Sticky Hold is for all Tricker's and Switcheroo's.

637.gif

Volcarona @Wise Glasses
Timid/Naive / Flame Body
Ev's: 252Satk 252Spe 4Hp
-Heat Wave
-Bug Buzz
-Flame Charge/Quiver Dance
-Psychic

Volcarona is one of the greatest Grass counters whith access to both STAB Fire and Bug moves. Whith two X4 weknesses, this one's a needed addition. Heat Wave is a double-hitting Flamethrover of some sorts, whith Wise Glasses power boost. Bug Buzz means STAB 90BP move, which always is appreciated. Flame Charge's an option over Quiver Dance, as it shouldn't stand over any turn to not cause damage. Quiver Dance still works well though. Psychic kills all Toxicroaks and Weezings. Flame Body is my only Defensive choice, but Swarm could work better. Swarm is still unrealesed, so Flame Body's what i'll use.

pyschicflare's part:

423_e.gif

Gastrodon (East) @Life Orb
Modest / Storm Drain
Ev's: 252Satk 252Hp 4Spe
-Muddy Water
-Recover
-Icy Wind
-Earth Power

The Offensive Gastrodon. Whith it's Storm Drain and Absorb Bulb, it'll gain a free +1 SAtk boost. Can't say no to +1 in Satk under your belt. Muddy Water is a great move in doubles, as it don't hit your teammate. Slime Wave is mainly a filler, and Recover is used instead. It regains Life Orb damage, and enemy damage. But this is offense, and that's the opposite of Recover. Icy Wind makes the enemies slower, as well as gaining a good X4 hit on many popular 'Mons.

212.gif

Scizor @Muscle Band
Adamant / Technican
Ev's: 252Atk 252HP 4Spe
-X-scizzor
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Pretty standard Sciz' albeit it's a crux to pick between all moves. We are not capable of taking HGSS tutors, so no Bug Bite, please. X-scizzor is another, pretty good option, though Bug Bite is better. Priority is a necessity in todays metagame, and a STAB Bullet Punch does the job well. Brick Break is the best B/W Fight move option, and breaks screen's. The boosting move I go for is Swords Dance, which boosts the power greatly.

And that's the team!:)

Last edited:

GrassTypes.

Use Hidden Power ground for more coverage on Volcarona, Try using a Lum Berry on Volcarona too.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Use Hidden Power ground for more coverage on Volcarona, Try using a Lum Berry on Volcarona too.
Would that really give so good coverage? It dosen't hit Weezing, and Toxicroak is hitted harder by Psychic. It has 20 BP less, and whithout a SpDef drop. Plus, Gastrodon (East) already have Earth Power.

Hatsune Miku

i really suggest firey dance over heatwave even if it doesnt hit both pokes.it also raises special attack.

skarmory would need to be fitted with spikes imo
nyway good team

Last edited:

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
i really suggest firey dance over heatwave even if it doesnt hit both pokes.it also raises special attack.

skarmory would need to be fitted with spikes imo
nyway good team
Well... The hax from Fiery Dance is D-E-A-D-L-Y in-game. So Heat Wave functions better.

Switching ain't done a lot in-game either, so Spikes is a moveslot waste. Skarmory is replaced by Scizor now.
Thanks for the ideas though!:)

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
The Volcarona - Lum Berry or Wise Glasses discussion remains... And I yet have no idea which to go for.
Help appreciated.

Vandslaux

Gastrodon DOES NOT, I believe, get a Sp. Atk boost from Absorb Bulb, since he's immune to Water. I'd use LO.

Aquaholic

With Psychifire's Gastrodon (East), I don't think it's necessaty to consider Sludge Wave at all because you have Ice-, Fire-, and Bug-type moves to handle Grass-types, plus Sludge Wave hits all Pokémon; even though Gastrodon (West) has Protect, Volcarona would still be hit, and in the Haxway you don't want to be hitting your own teammates.

Last edited:

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
With Psychifire's Gastrodon (East), I don't think it's necessaty to consider Sludge Wave at all because you have Ice-, Fire-, and Bug-type moves to handle Grass-types, plus Sludge Wave hits all Pokémon; even though Gastrodon (West) has Protect, Volcarona would still be hit, and in the Haxway you don't want to be hitting your own teammates.
Maybe, yet, it's offensive. But Lo + Recover might do good?

As for vandslaux, i'll do as you suggested. Yet, free NP is good aswell.

Aquaholic

Maybe, yet, it's offensive. But Lo + Recover might do good?

Life Orb > Absorb Bulb, because the effect of Absorb Bulb is negated by Strom Drain unfortunately, which means no +2 Sp. Attack boost in one turn :(

Last edited:

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Are you even allowed to use 2 gastrodons on the same team???

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Edited. Thanks for suggestions and info everybody.

Now it's Volcarona I feel a bit ? about.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I Reccomend Quiver Dance over Flame charge, and Fiery Dance over Heat Wave, and keep the Timid Nature

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
I would say you NEED a rindo berry on one of the gast bro's.
You may think the hax starts in battle- this is untrue. It starts before the battle starts.
With a surf team like this you will be faced with multiple water absorbers and grass types. I would know as I have been battling in the super doubles line with my Politoed + Gastrodon. I encounted a grass lead for 7 battles straight, and my gastrodon was constantly OHKOd. In giving my gastrodon a rindo berry, I dettered the AI from using grass types. Now I see them about half as much.
You should also definitely have HP[grass] if hidden power is available to you, because you will want to hit the many water absorbers that you face without switching to Volcarona (because Volcarona is fire.) HP[grass] over HP[Electric] because out of the pokemon immune to water (without DW abilities), only mantine, maractus, toxicroack, and parasect aren't hit for 2X or more from grass.
Good Luck and have fun