• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gates of Dawn [PG-13]

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Attention all RPers: I am creating this RP as a joint project with Cenodoxus. Thus, we both function as dual GMs. We can both accept or deny sign-ups.

Also, be warned ahead of time that this RP will involve some violence (think in terms of Final Fantasy type of stuff) and there will be occasional swearing. There may be the occasional scene involving alcohol or tobacco, but that will mostly be average townsfolk doing so. Keep it within that sort of limit, fellas. No sexual content or anything stronger than what we've listed unless you get this run by both of us. If we agree, you will have to post our approval message. If not, you may not post it. If you do, we will ask you to remove the post. If you keep up, we may have to see you removed. Sorry, but I don't want it spiralling too far into oblivion.

By "sexual content" I do not mean any characters having sex or rape or, you know, to THAT extent. Keep it in your pants, ladies and gentlemen.

Also, violence does not include graphic dismemberment, torture, graphic descriptions of blood, guts, gore, and organ spewing, that kind of thing. Most of you know better, anyway.

One thing's for sure
That it's still the same
That young folk die
For some noble aim
And they live so fast
And they die so young
And we just keep wondering
What the hell went wrong?
‘Cause they live so fast
But they die so young
What goes on?​

The once-great Empire of Man from the year 2012 C.E. has collapsed almost entirely. The year corresponds to 2062 C.E., known as 50 G.E. (Genocide Era) to most humans. Once, Man was a powerful race – now he squirms in the alleys like the Rat – unless he is a soldier. Man has waged war with man often, but now Man is in a wretched state. Mankind has lost its gift.

A fairytale, thrown aside as nonsense, was spread during the late 20th century C.E. unto the 21st Century A.D., telling of Man falling from grace a second time, the Gift, which allowed their species to succeed, being stolen from them.

“It once so happened, or so they say, that Man used to be immortal, and he would roam the land with sure and mighty footsteps, for He was the most beautiful and gracious of all creatures on this great wide world.

And as He passed, all the beasts bowed their heads in admiration and respect, and nobody dared touch the race of Man. The most mortal of monsters, the most striking of flowers, would bend in the presence of Him, for He was incomparable and obviously destined to be the great leader of the Universe.

Man was so powerful because He had the gift granted by the Creator Himself, and He was made in His image. They both shared something so sacred and so beautiful, something that every other living thing desired but never obtained, that it set the entire race far above all other creation. This mythical thing was something that nobody today would understand, because we have never experienced it.

After all, one dreadful day a Demon appeared from the sky. He was horrid and breathed a putrid stink that killed everything in its path. He would set fire to forests and turn them to ashes in a matter of days, or cast deep freezes on even the warmest places, soon driving all life away.

Feeling threatened and wanting to protect His world, Man sought to fight this Demon and drive him away forever. A great battle ensued, where all of Man’s children joined in a giant army and charged against the Demon, attacking it with the force of their special Gift.

But the Demon was very strong. Even the greatest charges and strongest blows of Man’s race did not affect him at all, and soon he plowed through the opposing army as if stomping across a forest littered with twigs. Man’s numbers waned every day, and the Demon showed no signs of slowing down. The creatures of the world were worried, for they didn’t know if Man could defeat His enemy anymore, and if He couldn’t, then they all were doomed.

The fighting continued for hundreds of years. Men were born and grew to fight the Demon, then died by his hand. He continued in his path of destruction, immortal and unstoppable, until there was only one Man left.

The lonesome one, having watched all of His friends die, shivered and fell to his knees, and prayed to the Creator that He had once thought to never need again. He asked humbly for assistance, for salvation, and raised his clamor to the turning skies.

But the skies remained silent. The Creator never seemed to listen or reply.

And as the Demon’s giant shadow loomed over the last Man alive, he raised his great claw, stained with the blood of so many warriors, and reached into the very core of Him, and took his sacred Gift. Then, he swallowed it whole, and Man was left defenseless, graceless and fallen, like every other living thing on our world.

But that was all that the Demon needed. After devouring the Gift, he rose to his own realm separate from ours, sleeping with satisfaction and vengeance, with the Gift safely clutched by his jaws.

In his place, an egg was left.

From this egg, the first Woman was born, fallen like Man, and together they became the father and mother of Humanity. Their Gift was never returned, and their Creator never listened again.”

While there is no proof that such an unbelievable thing ever happened, Humanity is indeed in shambles today. The story was passed down through the ages through an unbreakable tradition – unbreakable, even in the face of war, poverty, and impossible living conditions. The air grows toxic with the constant explosions of black powder from rifles and from cannons.

The ancient fairytale is still passed on in manual disc players and wax cylinders, both primitive by our standards. Laser disc players, oxide tape cassette players, digital players—they exist no longer as humanity has lost the technology for their creation. Wire recordings are never used to transmit it. And all these items are moved under the table, from hand to hand in cracked cases or inconspicuous wraps of clothing, for the Government despises the tale. Nonsense, pointless rubbish, they say—society has no need for such an idiotic distraction. Fantastic writings such as these serve no purpose to a highly developed human workforce as ours, they say.

The time of Man grows short, however. This Gift—whatever it is—starves the soul, and rumors have it that many a good man outside the city has become a depraved monster, driven crazy by the hunger.

And yet the Gift whispers its secrets and blessings in the greatest silences, to only a few. Eight individuals will be given the Gift in the form of a weapon - the weapons that will be used to overthrow the oppression, to reach the Ladder, to find the Demon and to recover the gift for the progression of Humanity. The Gift calls to you; you are one of those eight.

And you have not answered this call.

A few days ago, a bomb went off in the East wing of the Government’s Palace. It caused massive damage to the structure; the first-ever rebel attempt against the Government. Something is turning in the world.

The Gift still calls.

It's such a shame
Such a useless shame
That they have to play
Such a hopeless game
And it makes me shake
Makes me shake with rage
For a wasted life
For nothing gained
‘Cause they die so fast
And they die so young
What goes on?

The GATES of DAWN

Name: Your names can come from anywhere you feel like.
Physical Appearance: They don't necessarily have to be ragged-looking. The government tries to give student-age characters, like yours, good lives.
Personality:
Selected Element: Your Beat Arm, the weapon trusted to you by the Gift, will have a specific element tied to it. Pick the element from the list further down.
Beat Arm: Your Beat Arm must be a weapon, but there are no limitations as to what kind. Describe it here, and also name it.
Refrain: The Refrain is a special form that your character accesses when in extreme emotion stress, which causes a stronger link to the Gift’s harmony to form. The effects of your Refrain can be anything, from increased power to a transformation. Describe them here.

Because this RPG is musically-themed and carries many such references, we feel that each character should also be a reference to a specific band/artist in subjects such as Name, Beat Arm and Refrain. We would appreciate it if you did such a thing with your character, and mentioned which band/artist they are a reference to outside the sign-up.

Elements List

Each weapon is bound to a specific element, which grants the wielder power over it.

FIRE
-The wielder is resistant to extremely high temperatures
-The wielder can control the shape and direction of flames, but not produce them
ICE
-The wielder is resistant to extremely low temperatures
-The wielder can control the shape and direction of ice, as well as freeze water
THUNDER
-The wielder is resistant to electrocution
-The wielder can control the shape and direction of electricity, but not produce it
WATER
-The wielder can breathe while underwater
-The wielder can control the shape and direction of water, but not produce it
WIND
-The wielder can survive without oxygen
-The wielder can control the direction and strength of wind force
LIGHT
-The wielder can shift to thermal vision at will
-The wielder can create physically damaging “light energy” and shape it, but power is proportional to emotional state (the better, the stronger)
EARTH
-The wielder has a much better sense of balance than the average person
-The wielder can cause seismic activity of varying intensity in his/her immediate area, as well as control the movement of sand and dirt
DARKNESS
-The wielder can drain life force from other living things through prolonged touch
-The wielder can create physically damaging “dark energy” and shape it, but power is inversely proportional to physical state (the worse, the stronger)

Name: Turnus "Renaissance Man" Garrett
Physical appearance: Turnus wears black-lens sunglasses and dark clothes, wearing a plain black shirt and a black leather jacket over it. His black hair is often seen in disarray and probably hasn’t been cut in about five years. He doesn’t really express himself facially, either. He wears polished black shoes and long pants of a variety of dark colors. If his sunglasses are removed, his heterochromic eyes, both a shade of brown – the right is a lighter shade than the left – will stare right into yours – this is reflexive for some reason.

It should be noted that he never takes off the coat or the shirt, and these are the only items of his clothing which never change. Sometimes he’ll wear other items over them, though, if it gets cold or if conditions call for them otherwise. He also smokes from time to time.
Personality: Turnus is scarily cheery a person for as bad the conditions are. He has an optimistic outlook on most things and always feels things have a chance to get better. Sound stereotypical? Good, because that’s really not who he is. Tullus is not especially optimistic, nor pessimistic. He thinks things are not likely to change, but if they do they will probably change for the better. He’s a lot angrier than he needs to be, really, but it doesn’t seem to hinder him very often. He’d be the one to lead a charge, but he’s smart enough, and has been told enough by his father, a soldier, about war enough, that he knows tactics are needed first. Simultaneously, if the party has to run, he’d function as the rear guard, holding the enemy back long enough for the team to escape. He’s more than a little suicidal at times, but he also has an “always prepared” side. He’s not the lead tactician of the group, obviously.
Element: WIND
Beat Arm: Gravelrash: Gravelrash is a pair of handheld cannon-weapons. They shoot balls of rock in an arch pattern. When they strike an opponent, they explode into a rather large blast of shrapnel. The shrapnel remains on the ground for quite some time and will affect any land targets who step in it. These weapons shoot rather slowly.
Refrain: When Turnus activates his Refrain, as part of a transformation, his weapon changes. Instead of wielding Gravelrash, he now wields a pair of chained flail-like weapons. These new weapons are very light and, actually, not all that unwieldly. They are basically overgrown metallic bullroarers called, well, Bullroarers. In the transformed form – called Maralinga – he is also accompanied by four little robots which look like large military mosquitos whose mouth parts are replaced by chainsaw noses (picture). They are controlled entirely by Turnus' thoughts. The Maralinga form permits some limited-speed, limited-elevation flight – basically meaning that he can hover off the ground. When a target is struck by one of the Bullroarers, they can be swung around as if chained up, and then they can be launched off into the distance. For some reason, when Turnus switched off from Maralinga form, the Bullroarers do not convert immediately.

Other: The referenced band is Midnight Oil. "Gravelrash," "Bullroarer," "Maralinga," and "Renaissance Man" are all names of songs. The mosquitos are taken from a single cover. Garrett is the lead singer's surname.

Oh, yeah, and for those of you who are wondering, you don’t have a history for a reason. To this point, none of you are special at all. You’re just a bunch of teens, sons and daughters of soldiers or of workers, being conditioned slowly to conform to the needs of Society. You are, until the beginning of this storyline, really nothing more than a nameless, faceless drone; you are still at the age of a student, and so you’re really not even that. However, Society is preparing you to become this, and you have not been called upon by the Gift. Also, you do not possess your Beat Arms at the beginning of the RPG. They will be given to you in your first post.

FIRE: Taken by Saffire Persian
ICE: Taken by Kyuubii
THUNDER: Taken by Ze Cookie Fairy
WATER: Taken by ME2
WIND: Taken by Tempus Fugit
LIGHT: Taken by Sonozaki Maya
EARTH: Taken by Kenta007
DARKNESS: Taken by Cenodoxus

Last edited:

The Admiral

Bao Dragonite: Reserved. I would like to see it as soon as you can get it to us, since I'm gonna be on a short hiatus in about a week. I'm not enforcing a timer on reserves like I used to, though. That tended to lose me some members.

-Tempus Fugit

Sir Forgets-A-Lot

The Forever Amnesiac
Is there any way you could reserve me the element of Ice? I know I am a new around here, but I have participated in RPGs on other sites. So if you want a sample of what I can do just tell me and I will whip something up by the end of the day and post it. If not then I understand.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
EFFIN' NARF!

Name: Crinaea Riya
Physical appearance: Crinaea looks befuddling at most - it's hard to tell what exactly... he "is." "Is" in the sense that he possesses many androgynous traits. His hair has been dyed purple, but that was a long time ago - he doesn't know why it won't go away. His eyes are maroon in colour, but they exude an aura of innocence around him despite the typically "scary" shade of red - the colour of dry blood. He wears a very simple lavender shirt and a pair of equally simple denim jeans. Normally he wears a long, white trench-coat but when it gets hot, you don't see him wearing it. He wears black and white sneakers which are quite reliable and durable. He looks very submissive (and he is).
Personality: Crinaea looks and IS submissive, but beneath that timid demeanor is a cold, calculating mind derived from starting to gamble in Mahjong for whoever knows when. He's quick to think but can't really think if he's faced with a situation that compromises his own physical safety. Being crafty and taking the blood of his working mother - one of the most sly people in her workplace, Crinaea can meticulously craft plans that are hard to pick apart. You don't really see this side of him unless you stress him out or coerce him to do it - he can really be timid and is actually scared of strangers.
Element: LIGHT
Beat Arm: Chiisana Uta (Small Song) ~ Chiisana Uta is a long, slightly curved blade akin to that of your typical katana, except instead of being made of an alloy of heavy and light metals, it is made of an alloy of jet and obsidian. While this makes it rather heavy for Crinaea to effectively wield, he can effectively deflect attacks that other sword/blade-like weapons could not, as well as effectively debilitate certain precision body parts and sever pressure point links. Quite the versatile weapon.
Refrain: When Crinaea invokes his Refrain, Chiisana Uta breaks apart and changes into two separate living entities - a large black grimoire entitled "Apocrypha" and a thin, but strong rapier made of jet with the sigma sign carved in it (from now on referred to as Sigma). Most of the androgynous traits that originally were present on Crinaea are now very visible and can easily be considered to be a girl. Sigma is kept wrapped around Crinaea's left arm whilst he himself carries the grimoire of devastating and wondrous secrets - Apocrypha.

Other: The referenced band is Eufonius. Riya is the vocalist of Eufonius. Chiisana Uta, Apocrypha, and Sigma (?) are songs.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Hmm.. Could I reserve fire? I would post that and my sign up at the same time, but I don't trust the SPPF server at all. It'll be up by tonight, server willing. Also, I'm reserving the band Evanescence, as I'm currently making my sign up, and if that band was taken under my nose, my sign up would be quite messed.

Last edited:

Kenta007

Eternal Breath
Um... yeah. V_V

Name: Asa Magus
Physical appearance: The first thing that people notice about Asa is her height. She isn’t unusually tall, but. the tallest of the girls and some of the guys. Above that, she’s a bit sturdy but only to an extend; she still looks feminine enough to get the attention… needed. Asa has short, dark brown hair; it reaches to just above her shoulders. She has pretty bright brown eyes that give quite the piercing look. Asa prefers to wear ‘covering’ clothes, but is not afraid to wear more ‘revealing’ clothing when necessary, skirts are not her thing, though. A light t-shirt and a darker vest on top of that is what she usually wears; most of the time in… natural colors like dark green and brown. She usually wears her tough and sturdy black boots, but she also has sneakers she wears occasionally when working out. Working out to just get into shape, though.

Personality: Asa can be pretty bossy at times; more specifically to boys. This is mainly because she recently came out of a… bad relationship. She never really wants to talk about it, but she doesn’t trust boys she meets. That doesn’t mean she’s cold to all of them, though. She has a few good male friends who she knows she can trust. Because of her bossy characteristics combined with her height, some might be a little scared, but she’ll never really beat one, unless asking for it of course. Yes, she isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty, unlike most girls. This sometimes means that guys see her as one of her own, when this happens she heels depressed and unaccepted. But she’ll pick herself back together eventually and get the job needed to be done, done. Asa could be a leader figure, but only if no one else steps up to the task. That’s something she hates; people who don’t take their responsibility. Deep inside she wants to start another relationship, but she IS afraid to get hurt again.

Element: EARTH

Beat Arm: Atrum Regina ~ It is a glaive of some sort, but very bizarrely shaped. The pole is a bit shorter than usual and not made of any kind of wood, but out of strong brown alloy to even out the weight of the head more. The green blades on top are somewhat unusual, sort of shaped like leaves of a tree, but to a smaller extend. From a distance it almost looks like Asa is wielding a small, but deadly tree.

Refrain: In Asa’s Refrain, called the Final Ritual, her eyes will glow a green shine and her hair will go to constant state of when wind blows hair upwards. The Atrum Regina and Asa both get covered in roots from a tree and the glaive transform is a more vivid object. Pieces of rock and stone will float around Asa, protecting her to some extend. Her earth-powers also grow in strength. In this state Asa calls herself ‘The Goddess of Sodomy’.

Other: The referenced band is Dark Funeral. “Atrum Regina,” “Final Ritual” and “The Goddess of Sodomy” are songs from the band, and Magus is part of the singers band-name.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Sir Forgets-A-Lot - Reserved.

Sonozaki Maya - Approved. OH GOD THE WEEABOO.

Saffire Persian - Reserved. And I wholeheartedly agree on the server´s dastardly ways...

Kenta007 - Approved. Whoo hoo!

Name :: Robert "Exploding Boy" Smith
Physical Appearance: Ravaged, to an extent. It's not that Rob couldn't take better care about his personal appearance, but rather that he won't. For this his hair remains to be messy, arranged only by the whimsy of gravity, wind force and his pillow, falling over his eyes, jutting out in oddly flowing spikes (usually all pointing in one direction). The non-reflective, heavy black color of his hair is contrasted by robin's eggs-blue eyes and a complexion pale enough to make even British schoolboys question the lenghts of skin pigmentation without venturing into albinism. Very light brown freckles are sprinkled under his eyes--and the bags under his eyes. Going with his tired expression is his thin body structure, underdeveloped in muscle and of average height.
For clothing, he is rarely motivated to wear something other than the school uniform unless fully necessary, in which case he has a penchant for hoodies and the color blue in general.
Personality :: Ìn Rob's case, judging a book by its cover would be quite accurate. The tired, isolated, overflowing-fountain-of-existential-melancholy notion that he gives out with physical appearance is very much how he is in person. The popular kids mock him since a faithful Tuesday in sixth grade, where a child sitting behind him imitated a reaction learned in Chemistry to make a plastic bag go off with extreme loudness after being placed in his hoodie. Rob has donned the nefarious title of "The Amazing Exploding Boy" since then, which hasn't entirely helped his already diminute will to socialize. He pumps coffee, cigarette smoke and alcohol into his body without shame or reproach and fills his evenings with dated sitcoms and cartoons he used to love as a kid. His grades are lackluster although he clearly has the intelligence to be an honors student, yet is more intent on having his notebooks crawl with doodles and indecipherable writing. Over the years many of his teachers have tried to reach out to him and failed. Others have recommended a psychiatrist and an autism test, but all results have been negative. His parents, a successful contractor and a generic housewife, have given up on their efforts to drag him out of his room and instead try to keep him out of sight during family reunions and other public congregations. There was no scarring event in Rob's childhood; no stillborn little brother, horrific car crash or even distant parents. If anything, there is only an innate lack of willingness to live in the world he was born into.
Selected Element :: Daaarkness!
Beat Arm :: An elegant weapon known as the Bloodflower, it consists of a black disc--hollow in the middle--with several twisting, metal rays of varying shape and length branching out of the outer edge. It is bordered and covered in thin golden lines, curling like overgrowth and giving the strangely light arm a romantic feel. The inner edge is bound to a silver chain which wraps around a black, elbow-height glove similar to those used by bird trainers. The disc can be thrown to deliver a crippling blow to faraway foes or kept close for a rather risky melee weapon. Once hurled, it returns to the wielder with precision and quickness, as if guided by its own will.
Refrain - Disintegration :: While in Refrain mode, Robert's body is covered by thin, green vines, wrapping majestically around him. Around his arms, they conclude in the center of his palms, where a flower of beautiful blue petals that fades into white, about as large as his hand, grows. Similarly-colored petals jut out between his black locks at random spots, and on his back, an also blue flower blooms with massive size, the petals giving the impression of wings. While in this form, Robert gains no special abilities beyond a decidedly flowery motif. Nevertheless, the flower network--a parasitic organism--drains the boy's lifeforce away in order to strengthen itself. At this point the flower becomes aggressive, becoming capable of controlling dark energy to its fullest extent and channeling it to counter any sort of force--it becomes capable of nullifying the pull of gravity or the attraction force between atoms, causing disintegration of matter.
But like an actual flower, Rob's Refrain is striking and short-lived. Once it has functioned for a minute or two, the flower will once again wither and Robert will be left alone and in a critical state of unconsciousness.

Band of reference is The Cure, Robert Smith being the lead singer, Exploding Boy being a song, Bloodflowers being an album and Disintegration being both a song and an album! Wonderful.

There's also a couple things I wanted to mention regarding the RPG. Everyone please listen.
- You are all in the same school.
- The city is called Liechen.

The atmosphere of the RPG and other details will be explained thoroughly in a discussion thread in the RPG Café once we get more sign-ups in. Reservation people, please make sure to post yours soon.

ME2

Iz dat wut I tink?
Can I reserve 'water'?

I'll do one up for your tommorrow (By which I mean in about 12 hours, cause it's 1:05 here in AZ)

Ze Cookie Fairy

Me so on fire.
Name: Billie “Whatshername” Edwin

Physical Appearance: Billie has always been on the shorter size, pixie-like with her twig arms, slight frame and short slender legs. Her skin is as pale as the moon, but as smooth as melted butter, with fine white hairs covering most of her skin like a fine down. At this stage, she does not care about how she looks to others, preferring to be comfortable in her own skin then attractive to others, so she doesn’t bother that much with grooming. Her hair is a dyed raven black and cut unevenly, the front off-centred hanging over her brow, the back and sides just brushing over her collar and the back cut shorter to create the illusion of fuller hair. To add to this, she puts in some low-quality hair product, to make it seem more “crunchy”. Her hair, albeit boyish, suits her angular facial features, taking away attention from her thick black eyebrows and strangely shaped nose and focusing attention more on her large emerald eyes. Her eyes are always wobbly outlined with a dark coal-like substance, clumped around her camel-esque eyelashes in a somewhat out-there fashion. She wears more stuff around her eyes then the common drag queen- but if you told her that, she would laugh at you. A couple of self-inflicted tattoos (using a sterilised needle and ink) can be found on her arms, mostly the names of the people she thinks of as family. Also, she has managed to pierce her own ears, two dull thick silver rings on each and dumbbell earrings hanging from each lobe.

Her clothing mostly consists of dark colours, with the occasional splash of red. Mostly it will be creased black pants, a faded black tank top and a worn red blazer she found one day on a deserted bench. When she feels like she must bother to wear shoes, a beaten-up pair of old-school converse pierced with numerous safety pins and covered with smears of dirt from each place she’s explored are her footwear of choice. Under these, a pair of holey red and black thinly striped socks reside. Around her neck, a small dog-tag with the words “Dream and Differ” scratched into it by her own calloused hands, will always be found, sometimes covered with her “lucky” red tie.

Personality:
Billie has two sides to her personality, which can confuse people a lot. When she is in a public space, she will be loud, cheerful, outgoing, cheeky and usually hyper. At this time, it would be wise to watch out- Billie is famous for pulling more then her share of pranks, and will not hesitate to do something if she thinks it will be “fun”. Because of this attitude, most people deem to label her stupid because of her seemingly reckless behaviour. However, in her own company, she is thoughtful and moody, paranoid about what others are thinking about her and struggling to handle the stress that comes across her. She tries to cover her anxieties by lashing out at others, often snapping over at someone else without being provoked. She has a lot of good ideas and thoughts, but is easily struck down by the comments of others, and is reluctant to share her view because of that. She would never be comfortable being the boss of others, because of her obvious resentment to authority and higher-ups. In a group, she would be an idea’s person, but preferring to do her own thing then take complete direction, could cause a little trouble. She suffers from some panic disorders due to some instability when she was younger, and can be pron to panic attacks. Other then that, she is a good person to have on your side for creative thinking and is an excellent liar.

Selected Element: Thunder

Beat Arm: Favourite Son; Favourite Son is a weapon simular to a mallet, wielded with both arms. The head is made of an unidentified dark grey metal, perhaps a sort of steel mixed with a lighter metal, red symbols of a man being electrified in a bubble carved into the sides. Its handle is made of a sturdy wooden material, strong enough to support the formidable head. Billie sometimes struggles with the weight of this weapon and drops it, but it makes an excellent device to slam things with, and can defend an opponent’s blows with strategic placing. As well as being a weapon, it has dual purpose and can also be used as a tool (such as for hammering pegs into the ground).

Refrain: In her refrain, Billie transforms into a being she calls “St. Jimmy”, gaining more speed and strength, her eyes rolling back into her skull and pulsing with an eerie white light. Her mind becomes faster and more in control, making her body movements easier to manipulate with increased fluidity; also she sees other’s motions in slower motions, which increases her dodging abilities. Favourite Son grows longer and gains another head on the other side, becoming more of a double-headed mallet. In this state she can twirl her weapon with insane speed, striking her opponents with “lightning-fast” (excuse the pun) blows. The only trouble is, the speed and rush leaves a bad after effect, with dizziness, loss of balance and a lethargic state from the surge of energy pursuing for the next few hours after coming out of her refrain.

Other: The referenced band is Green Day. Saint Jimmy, Favourite Son and Whatshername are all songs by the band. The appearance and first name of the character are based off the lead singer, Billie Joe Armstrong (apart from the piercings, which are based more off the bassist) , and the personality has been composed using some elements from each member of the band. The last name Edwin is from the drummer’s original name.

The Admiral

ME2: Reserved.

Ze Cookie Fairy: I'm afraid that Thunder is already reserved. If Bao Dragonite drops off, you can have Thunder.

-Arashi

ME2

Iz dat wut I tink?
Name: Lawrence 'Equinox' Aguian
Physical Appearance: Though not particularly muscluar, he's been known to
do 'impresive' things when in his family. Only his father out strength's
him. You'll usually see him with a ligth blue scarf that doesn't seem to
bother him, even in extremely high conditions. When it is hot he has to
drink more water than regular humans would have to, similar to a camel.
His hair is blonde, and is only about half a foot long, however it becomes
stream-line whilst under water. He never went near beaches or in pools, for
he was afraid of drowning. Though he's never been able to. He can't swim
well however, perhaps his worst trait. He seems to get by. His eyes are
strangely pale, which was often thought an omen by the elders of his community.
He doesn't mind people staring anymore, he just is bored with life.

---

Personality: He's very tame and calm, other than when he's particularly
tired and whenever he becomes agitated. Though with these 'mood-swings', he
stays the same way about every day he exist's. Only a few things keep him alive
these days, the hope for some escape. He's prown to being led, but takes charge
at his own abode. He's usually happy, and cheerful, only a few things have ever
made him cry. Which is particularly a bad thing.
Selected Element: Water

---

Beat Arm: Yumi Daikyu Jomon, better known as 'Renegade', a japanese long
(2 meters) bow, it is used primarily at close range, and when in 'Refrain'
is fires extremely precise 'ice' shards. It has a wide cover on the forward
end (Pointing towards the target) which keeps the weapon in shape for far
longer periods of time. It has two orbs of blue liquid on the polar ends, it
gloows when in 'Refrain'. The material used in crafting is unkown with
the exception of the string. The string is very odd for it is mostly damp,
other than where often touched. This makes it difficult to use due to slipping.
The weapon is oddly shaped for a bow. IT is longer on one endd than the other
and has different curvature. During 'Refrain' it extends to approx. 3 meters
and thus is diffuicult to use by any other being. An odd thing about it is
that when you pull the string it sounds more like the ocean, then anything.
The reach of this weapon spans to several meters, and when 'Refrained'
can span a three quarters of a mile.

---

Refrain: He conforms to any body of water he is in or near. His eyes change to
a luminesent blue that glows brightly, having white pupils in the center.
His itnelligence increases dremendisly, causing several long headaches to persue
afterwords. When completly away from water he weakens tremindously, however any
form of liquid sustain's him, for short periods of time. He gains a particualrly
nasty atitude, constituting from his stress'. His bow conforms to his form and
thus they become a part of one another. Anyone who's foolish enough to tick him
off sufers from his unparalled rage.

---

Band Reference: Styx, Lawrence being of the band members. 'Renegade' is one of
their songs.

Last edited:

The Admiral

ME2: I am afraid this won't work. For one thing, I see a few grammar and spelling issues. Also, the formatting doesn't help. Furthermore, explain to me how your character is capable of wielding a ten-foot-long bow? Our characters are not superhuman by any means.

You still have a chance to clean up, but if you don't get it right, I will give your spot away.

-Arashi

ME2

Iz dat wut I tink?
ME2: I am afraid this won't work. For one thing, I see a few grammar and spelling issues. Also, the formatting doesn't help. Furthermore, explain to me how your character is capable of wielding a ten-foot-long bow? Our characters are not superhuman by any means.

You still have a chance to clean up, but if you don't get it right, I will give your spot away.

-Arashi
Yeah, I didn't review my post before I posted. :(
Also, I didn't realize 2 meters=6 feet :D Actually people used such weapons. Though I assume they placed it 'sideways', where I got info for my weapon said that the were often upon horses when using it. :/

Name: Lawrence 'Equinox' Aguian
Physical Appearance: Though not particularly muscluar, he's been known to
do 'impresive' things when in his family. Only his father has more strength than him. You'll usually see him with a light blue scarf, even in extremely warm conditions. When it is hot he has to drink water far more often than regular humans would have to, similar to a camel. His hair is blonde, and is only about seven inches long, however it becomes stream-line whilst under water. He never goes near beaches or by pools, for he was always afraid of drowning. Though he's never been able to. He can't swim well however, he seems to get by. He doesn't mind people staring anymore, he just is bored with life. His eyes are strangely pale, which was often thought to be an omen by the elders of his late-village, until it was burned down, thusly losing his family and his past life. Only he survived so no one knows of it's name. He now scraps out a living working for a small pizza delivery service.
Personality: He's very tame and calm, other than when he's particularly tired and whenever he becomes agitated. Though with these 'mood-swings', he stays the same way about every day he exist's. Only a few things keep him alive these days, the hope for some escape. He's used to being led, but used take charge at his old home. He's usually happy, and cheerful, only a few things have ever made him cry. Which is particularly a bad thing, one of those times was his village being burned down. As of late he's been known to surge into sudden panic attacks.
Selected Element: Water
Beat Arm: Yumi Daikyu Jomon, better known as 'Renegade', a japanese long
(1/2 of a meter) bow, it is used primarily at long range, and when in 'Refrain'
it fires extremely precise 'ice' shards. It has a thick, light-blue covering on the forward end (Pointing towards the target) which keeps the weapon in shape for far longer periods of time. It has two orbs of a thick blue liquid on the polar ends, it glows when in 'Refrain'. The material used in crafting is unkown, aswell as those whom made it in his village. The string is very odd for it is mostly damp, this is often a problem when practicing. The weapon is oddly shaped for a bow. It is longer on one endd than the other and has different curvature. During 'Refrain' it extends to 1 meter and thus is diffuicult to use by any other being. An odd thing about it is that when you strum the string it sounds more like the ocean, rather than a bow string. The reach of this weapon spans to 1-3 yards, and when 'Refrained' can span almost double.
Refrain: He conforms to any body of water he is in or near. His eyes change to a luminesent blue that glows brightly, having white pupils in the center.
His intelligence increases drastically, causing several long headaches to pursue afterwords. When completly away from water he weakens tremindously, however most forms of liquid can sustain his life force, for short periods of time. He gains a particualrly spiteful atitude, constituting from his stress'. His bow conforms to his form and thus they become a part of one another. Anyone who's foolish enough to piss him off suffers from his unparalled rage.
Band Reference: Styx, Lawrence being of the band members. 'Renegade' is one of
their songs.

The Admiral

Yeah, I didn't review my post before I posted. :(
Also, I didn't realize 2 meters=6 feet :D Actually people used such weapons. Though I assume they placed it 'sideways', where I got info for my weapon said that the were often upon horses when using it. :/

2 meters = ~ 6 and two thirds feet. 3 meters is about 10 feet, which is pretty absurd, even from a mount. I think that something of such size would constitute a miniature ballista.

Anyhow, it looks a bit better. I'll review it in-depth sometime tomorrow morning, as I'm afraid I'm busy.

Also, in your reference sheet you missed that "Equinox" is the title of an album by Styx. Just thought I'd point it out...

-Arashi

ME2

Iz dat wut I tink?
Thank you, the lag cut out that, I posted it in better detail(Or rather tried..) It lagged out the 'Quick'Post, so you didn't get the 'better' version, until just now. :p (Thank you btw)

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
ME2 - What´s up with the format? It was much better the second time, but still weird. Is it because you´re copy-pasting stuff? Anyway, try not to do it in the RPG. Your character is passable otherwise, and I do like the pizza service detail, so Approved.

Reservation People! (Bao Dragonite, Sir Forgets-a-Lot, Saffire Persian) Post your sign-ups by tonight or your reservations will be canceled.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Name: Claire A. (Amy) Lee.

Physical Appearance: Average would be the word to describe Claire. There's nothing special about her that would distinguish her from anyone else. Her clothes are modest, neither expensive or from the bargin bins, though she adheres to her stance on never buying anything remotely close to designer clothing. Most often you can see her in a pair of dark blue jeans, white tennis shoes, and a t-shirt of some various, solid color, as she prefers her clothes to be unmarked and ordinary. Her hair is a light blonde, flowing down to her shoulders and curled outward, with darker and lighter blonde streaks--nothing too eye-catching, however. And speaking of her eyes, they're a dark blue color, and her skin is very fair, rarely burning and only lightly tanning. (And after she gets her Beat Arm and all that, she'll never tan or anything at all). She's rather athletic, standing at about five feet five inches, and is on the girls' track team at the school, and as such, her muscles are well-toned, and she has a very fit, healthy look about her.

Personality: Claire is a fairly calm individual who tends to stray more to the strict side rather than too the carefree, spontaneous part of the spectrum. As she's levelheaded, she takes whatever situation comes at her in stride, rarely overreacting. She treats everyone equally, and she gives her respect to those who she deems deserve it, though she can't tolerate people who don't act their age, as she deems it as a sign of immaturity. She's friendly enough, though not overly so--and with her rather strict personality, some people prefer not to associate with her. But if one was to do so, they would find her a fair, clear-thinking individual who says was she means even when it might come off a little harsh.

With a clear grip on her emotions, she hardly ever gets what one might call "explosively angry". Instead, she seems to radiate a cold kind of anger that's usually displayed in the her actions--twitchy, a little snappy, with a slight edge to her tone of voice that's rarely present--instead of outright yelling. As such, she tends to take the leadership position if no one steps up to the plate, and tries to get things done in a logical, structured fashion--she loathes chaos and discord.

Though she may seem a little stoic at times, she enjoys doing anything athletic, be it running or some sort of sport, though especially the former. She also knows a bit of martial arts for self-defense--as the world is pretty dangerous for a woman anyways, so it's best to have some sort of defense. And as a student, she tends to get satisfactorily marks in most subjects, though numbers and anything to do with home-making agree with her as well as spinach and broccoli does.

She's slightly obsessive compulsive when it comes to her own possessions and how they're placed, and sometimes tends to be a little too overbearing, and sometimes bossy due to her personality--which nearly makes her a perfectionist, though not quite so.

Selected Element: Fire

Beat Arm - Eternal Lithium: Lithium is, for all intents and purposes, a lighter. It's roughly as big as Claire's hand with ancient, embossed white runes on its otherwise shiny, black surface--though they look like only scribbly patterns at first, if one looks close, they'll see the form words in latin. Don't think it can be a weapon? Tell that to the arsonists and pyromaniacs.

Despite it's rather harmless appearance, it has the ability to continuously produce a stream of extremely hot flames when open and triggered for Claire to use and wield--hence the name "Eternal" -- which is especially handy, as her element is not always easy to find, unlike earth, light, darkness, or to some extent, water, as she cannot physically produce fire.

The lighter is also made of extremely durable metal that can neither be scratched or broken in any way. It is also an extremely difficult weapon to steal, if anyone tried to do so, as Lithium's surface is extremely hot to the touch, and will severely burn anyone who touches it, save be that they have some adequate resistance, or means of producing it, to extreme heat (As Claire does).

Refrain - "Lacrymosa": When her refrain is activated, Claire physically transforms into a stunning, beautiful creature that perhaps was once a remnant of the old world, and better housed in some sort of mythology book.

The beast Claire transforms into resembles that of a white, Siberian tiger, except several times bigger, roughly as large as a horse. The stripes decorating the tiger's body - whose name is known only as "Lacrymosa" - seem to be the same markings as on the lighter (which has now "vanished" but will reappear upon the transformation back to the original form), and if you look close, they form the latin words to the Lacrimosa part of Requiem mass:

"Lacrimosa dies illa
Qua resurget ex favilla
Judicandus homo reus.
Huic ergo parce, Deus:
Pie Jesu Domine,
Dona eis requiem. Amen."

"Lacrymosa" also differs that from the remaining tigers of today's world in the fact that her forepaws and legs are covered in fire, which color changes depending on Claire's current health and mood. So if she's low health wise, expect the flames to be low and flickering. While she is in her Lacrymosa form, she can use these flames and control them at will, as well as her new, physical body to attack whatever comes at her. (Keep in mind that the flames aren't "real" fire, but an imitation that is very hot and can burn and damage...but can't like set fire to anything).

Some things to note is that the flames around her legs and front paws directly correspond to her current lifeforce--in simpler terms, health, as I mentioined before-- and Claire sacrifices her own energy to wield the flames, and as they are tied to her body, do not have the range that her normal flames have--and the closer to her body the flames are, the more powerful. And as the transformation takes an enormous amount of energy to change as well as to keep up, Claire's time in her Lacrymosa form tends to be limited, depending on her current health and energy.

Other:

--The referenced band is Evanescence. Claire's middle name and last name are a tribute to the lead singer, Amy Lee. While Lacrymosa, Lithium, and Eternal (I combined the two) are names of her respective songs.

--- I realize that a lighter isn't exactly as much of a "weapon" per se, as the others, and is a little X-menish, I admit. If you are not fine with it, I will change it to a more conventional weapon. Just thought we'd likely have plenty of swords and such.

--If you don't like the refrain either, I can change. But you said it included transformation, so, I decided to go all out on that.

Last edited:

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Saffire Persian - Nah, I like the notion of not having eight teenagers with shiny shears of metal to be swung wildly around. Originality in weapons is very much appreciated, and your Refrain is fine. Approved.

Waiting for two more reservations...Cookie Fairy, I´ll accept your character if Bao Dragonite fails to post his in time, since your sign-up is already here.

ME2

Iz dat wut I tink?
In my bio I copy-pasted it on 'Notepad' (Like MS Word only half-assed?)
I failed to insert the spaces between each section, so it looks conjested. :(
I wish I had added more detail into my refrain. :/ I was supposed to 'transform', though not out right, just into a body of water shaped as a rather tall human. :p

I hope your glad that I have a ranged weapon. :D (Ranged ranged ranged!!!)
I just thought that there'd be to many 'as you said, shears'. :D