1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Willow's Tara, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

There are a lot of things you don't know abou me ;)

2. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

Thanx for the advice guyz...It's hard cuz it's soo rare being this attracted to someone.I'll try to be rational about it

3. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

Oh, if only the nigh-infinite complexities of attraction and love could themselves attempt rationalization. For't seems to be the curse of the ones that truly need it, need someone there, to touch, to hold, that we are like the proverbial kitten, just hanging on for dear life. We are always referenced, but ne'er help'd.

Damn, i would say i should read less poetry, but i actually need to read more. Haven't had my fix in a while

EDIT: Does anyone know if the majority of male Starbucks baristas really are gay or not? Because there's this really cute guy...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  4. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

Ignore post. Stupid internetz lagging

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  5. Spookz

Spookz Lumos

Ugh. I just wanted to pop in real quick and apologize about my being so inactive.

AT&T is failing pretty hard right now and hasn't set up internet in my new apartment.. Sometimes (right now) I can mooch off of a neighbor's wi-fi network, but only sometimes. No idea when I'll get internet now, but.. I'll probably be inactive for a while more.

Blah blah blah.

6. Durp

Durp Well-Known Member

I'd like to join, I consider myself lesbian, but a lot of people in real life and my family don't know, so I tend to come off as simply an ally. :x

So anyway, hi!

7. LucienKaftan

LucienKaftan Aspiring author.

Welcome Durp.

And slash- I couldn't say. My uncle was big on that but he was just metro. So yeah...

8. Wishing_Star*

Wishing_Star* Wish I was a balloon

... 2:30 am... I can't sleep due to the loud, mysterious ticking coming from my step brother's bedroom. I can't even sleep on the couch because of the loud, running water noise coming from the fish tank. Curse my dad's house! But, anyway, I decided to randomly post here with nothing better to do.

I'm in a play right now. It just ended tonight though actually... so I was in a play. But, the other night, a really cute boy about my age came to the show. (The seating is all really close to the stage, which is in-the-round, so I could see him pretty well.) He kept watching me more than the other people in the play.... He seemed like he could be gay, you know how sometimes you can just kind of tell? I dunno... really, really tight skinny jeans, and perfect hair... suspicious. If he wasn't gay he had to be bi... The sad thing was; is that after the show the whole cast stands in a line outside the door to talk to the audience. This cute boy was shaking everyone's hand, and I was close to the end that night... (Usually people his age are awkward and won't shake our hands, so I thought it was cool that he was.) He skipped shaking my hand though. When he got close to me I saw him watching me, and not just watching but staring.... and then when he got up to me he just nodded at me with his hands behind his back.... ugh. I was looking forward to his hand shake.

ha ha! There was my random story.

9. scarecrow_stitches

scarecrow_stitches blissfully dead

Aww, no handshake? Maybe he was shy cause he thought you were cute. ;) I know what it's like to just kinda "know" someone is gay. We call that gay-dar around here, and mine is usually pretty spot-on. What play were you in btw?

And welcome, Durp!

And slash, from my experience... Yes, most Starbucks male baristas are gay. At least here in Seattle, but I live in a really gay part of the city so that probably doesn't count.

10. Wishing_Star*

Wishing_Star* Wish I was a balloon

I'm optimistically thinking that he did think I was cute and was shy about it... but I'll probably never see him again anyway. And, I have a very good gay-dar. It never fails me! ... It only did once, and that was with I guy that I thought was straight but was totally bi and told all my friends he wanted to make out with me. I'm pretty sure us gays aren't allowed to have bad gay-dars... ha ha! At least that's what my friend Brit is saying about that.

Anyway, the play was Bells are Ringing. It's a fifties musical about a answering service in New York. It is very random and the story is very predictable... Randomly, in the middle of one of the songs (where we are all singing on the subway...) I stand up, hold a giant salami, and say "I've got salami so everything's fine..." Yeah... that salami became the dirties thing backstage.

11. scarecrow_stitches

*lol* Salami... That's fantastic! Never heard of the play but it sounds hillarious.

12. theverybest

theverybest That noone ever was?

OU, I like that we a LGBT alliance on this site...I definitely never expected it.

Hmmmm, so I was reading through this a little, and I am too lazy to go back and quote, so bear with me. Someone was talking about a homophobic crush? Don't do it. Just don't. Unless you want a terribly hurtful learning experience, don't do it.

Suffice to say, I fell in love with my best friend, who was the kinda guy who liked to say things like "That's so gay." call people pussies and ***s, and was incredibly insecure about his masculinity. Not only that, he told me that he hated people accusing him of being gay because he used to be called gay in middle school and wwas teased a lot apparently.

So, it took me a while until I even realized I had feelings for the guy, and my chances were slim at best of him reciprocating, but I'm not the shy kinda fellow to sit around and stagnate. I invited him over and told him. He felt kinda bad...like he lead me on...which ironically at this point he hadn't. It wasn't until like a week after I told him that I had feelings for him that the TRUE leading on could really really begin. Oh was it ever fun. I wrote a personal essay for my english paper on the subject and got 100% on it, it really extrapolates into my feelings thusfar into the whole drama. Anyway, the leading on consists of overt physicality, emotional dependence and constant hanging out, cuddling, couply type stuff, among other eventual things. Not to mention we started saying I love you somewhere in the 1-2 week range after opening up. Oh the naivety of youth lol. This whole story really is quite long, but I assure you gay/lesbian kid crushin' on the sexually ambiguous other person, it isn't worth it. No matter how hooked you are on those crazy endorphins that other person gives you. Who would you rather want? Someone comfortable in their own skin? Or someone lost in the dark. The latter is gonna end up using you to their own benefit, finding themself via you. Think of a mad scientist testing out all his ideas on animals and people. Look for someone who knows themself at least a little bit, hardly anyone ever succeeds to proverbially "find themself" but I assure you we can and should all succeed to love ourself and respect ourself. That is the person you want. That is my advice.

Unfortunately, my story ends in deep emotional hurt, or more eloquently put, him cheating on his girlfriend with me, us fighting once a week, and the eventual demise of our friendship. It still hurts to think about, despite that it ended quite some time ago. I have a copy of that essay I wrote at the time that accurately describes how I felt, well, last year when this went down, in case anyone wants a looksee; however, you absolutely need my permission to use it anywhere else.

Final thoughts? It is a learning experience to let your heart and hormones take over and give way to passion, but is it worth it? I don't think so. People will do whatever they want, but I strongly suggest you take heed of my advice. Coming from someone with at least a little bit of experience, it's better for us not to go out and try to prove something or find that needle in the haystack and just enjoy ourselves. Yeah, everynow and then, things work out like the movies and it's hot and fantastic. But if you're hoping for things to work out like the movies you might as well sell away all of your worldly possessions and spend every last dime you own on lottery tickets. The odds are the same.

I wish everyone, including myself the best of luck in this very heteronormal world. Especially those passionate hopeless romantics. Ahahaha.

OH, and my name is Jesse. My user is a reference to Ezra Koenig's side project, and clearly, the lyric from the pokemon theme song. I sexually identify as gay to keep things clear for everyone. I appreciate the beauty of women an wouldn't be shocked if I ever liked one. But. I doubt it. Lol.

But anyway, hello urrrvrybody. :D

13. LucienKaftan

LucienKaftan Aspiring author.

Hey Jessie! If you don't mine, I'd like to have a look at that essay. I'm curious now. Other than that, I agree with you on everything you've said.

14. scarecrow_stitches

I would like to read the essay as well, theverybest. :)

15. theverybest

OKay, I will send it to y'all in a PM. :)

16. Aurora~Lynxie

Aurora~Lynxie Member

Omg, hello all. Sorry for lack of posts from me, had many school projects and what not to do..and exams. Grade 9's shouldnt have this much cr@p to do ;____; School holidays soon though, joy.

Just a quick update, sorry for lack of replies/much information on anything

17. Kyogre Master V3.0

Kyogre Master V3.0 Well-Known Member

Oh my...I haven't posted here in aaaaaages! Been really busy with A levels but finished yesterday (thank god :p)! Anyways, we suddenly seem to have a new load of members - hi everyone! :p Going on holiday this friday after our ball-prom thing :) There are about 20 of us going, and one of the guys (who organised most of the trip, including the house) is majorly homophobic...To start off with he tried to stop me going along with a few other friends who he didn't like (but we organised our own house right next door to his :p), and now he's just being a pr*** about everything. Everyone on the trip's annoyed with him now tho, so we're all plotting on how to wind him up quite a bit :p He refuses to even stay in the same room as soon as the word "gay" comes up, so about 90% of the group have said that they'll keep mentioning it to wind him up :p

Anyways, there's my piece (probably for another few months in fact...). Oh, and at whoever was mentioning the homophobic crush? (Can't remember who, sorry, but saw it a while ago, and theverybest's post just now). Just no...don't do it. It's even worse than straight crushes, which are a complete waste of time themselves. Anyways, hope everyone's good (and I bet no one's actually read this far haha :p) :) x

18. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

Yeah,apparently he's not that homophobic...he just has some ideas implanted in his brain.But no,he doesn't hate gays,he was just worried about the stuppidest thing: that the human species won't be able to...uhmm...reproduce[?] & it'll be a decline becuz of homosexuality.Of course,after I yelled at him & explained to him for like half an hour he understood.I think he's at least bi but he doesn't realise it.He gives me hugs,he wants me to assure him that we'll still be best friends after all the school crap comes to an end,he flirts all the time,he "teases" me by revealing..uhmm...body parts[no,not those body parts lol] as a joke[apparently]...he does have a nice body,he's taller than me & he's well built[I like guyz that are taller than me] & 2 days ago after we flirted & played little games he told me,laughing "hey,we'll have to stop with this.Who knows what'll happen if we continue like this?"...I teased him by saying "well,we'll have to find out".He laughed.Later,we were talking about barbeques & I don't remember what exactly we were talking about but he mentioned something about me making a barbeque naked & I laughed & told him "you like imagining that,don't you?" & he said "I actually imagined lots of stuff" & I asked him what & he said "we have an exam tomorow & I have to go home" & yeah...he had to go home,me too...& we departed.Yesterday,after we got out of the exam he was hapy & hugged me & we were with all our classmates talking about what we did & stuff & all that time he stood very close to me,& I mean in the touching zone,even though he had room he still wanted to stay that close,of course,I liked it lol.God,I wrote alot...sorry.But I just have this feeling that he's starting to realise some stuff about himself...

19. theverybest

UGh, man. I've been there before, have had all that stuff happen. Sure it was fun....every now and then. Your best bet is to ask him straight up how he feels about homosexuality, instead of playing those...err...lovegames.

20. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

No,there's definitely something.We studies together today & yeah...I'm gonna tell him I'm bi since he's apparently my best friend or I'm his best friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.