1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Willow's Tara, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fused

Fused Shun the nonbeliever

But...why stay?

You should have told him "If people got their head out of their *** I could live a perfectly happy life, too."

Or you could at least have a man on the side...

2. Ethan

Ethan Banned

Hm. I guess I should probably join this. So um, erm, I don't know what to say.

:/

3. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

A man? I don't think I could survive with only one not-mine penis to play with.
    #justsaying

EDIT: Hullo, Ethan, and welcome. You can always start by telling us a little about yoursef. Like gay/bi/trans/straight yet supportive. Don't worry, most of us don't bite hard

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  4. Wishing_Star*

Wishing_Star* Wish I was a balloon

Oh my gosh! It's so amazing you came out to your dad! I wish I could do that... I almost came out to my mom randomly in the car the other day. But when it got down to it, I couldn't get the words out of my mouth.

And can I just say that I hate the whole choice argument. My mom and step dad totally think that it is a choice... I wouldn't be choosing this - when I've been taught that it's wrong my whole life - just to spite my parents. My comeback to one of my friends when she tried to have this argument was, "Did you choose to like men? Or did it just happen?"

5. Ethan

Ethan Banned

I'm bisexual, with my preference slightly more toward men. Although it's actually a lot more complicated than that, but I'll spare details. I came out a few months ago, and about a few weeks ago on the forum.

The irony of it all though is strikingly terrific. I used to go to church every Wednesday and Sunday, where they, unsurprisingly, taught that homosexuality was wrong. I was the devout kid in school, and if anyone asked my opinion on the matter, I'd say that it was wrong too. In 8th grade I started looking at other boys my age and that started to scare me. I had always identified as heterosexual before, I had no idea why all the sudden I was noticing other men. It wasn't outright sexual attraction at first but, I started noticing guys first. Then later, the sexual attraction came. If that makes sense.

I would still debate homosexuality even when I knew I felt one way toward the same gender. I figured that it was just another sin that I had a problem with. Just because I happen to struggle with it doesn't mean its not still wrong, after all. I hoped that God would help me change if I prayed about it a lot. That was in 8th grade, and I'm graduated from high school now. Now, I really don't understand how I went from heterosexual to practically homosexual but, from what I remember, there was very little choice involved.

Coming out has been relatively easy, except it hurt when I told my mom. She cried for hours, and that really killed me. You see, I'm the only male person to carry on the family name. If I die with no children, our name is done. So, its as if there's this enormous pressure on me to have children. If I were with a man, a lot of people are going to be heartbroken.

I still have trouble coming to terms with it really, and if I could I'd rather be straight, but in the mean time I'm just going to deal with the way things are.

6. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

I think I should probably join this club.

I am a firm supporter of gay/lesbian/bisexual relationships. Some of my best friends are gay, lesbian or bisexual. I can't stand how some people treat my friends, and others who are like that. I firmly believe that you don't have a choice about being gay, and I can't stand to see people being treated wrongly because of it. A friend of mine was nearly thrown out by his parents because of it.

To be honest, I've spent a lot of my life wondering if I might fit into the bisexual or gay category. I like woman a lot though, so at the moment I may be leaning more towards bisexuality, but I can't rap my head around if I really am. Some people have tried to convince me that I'm not, but sometimes I can't help but wonder. I know that no matter what I choose, my friends and family would support me, but I just can't figure out if I really am. There have been a few times in my life where I have felt attraction to a man, but beyond that it has been mostly woman.

I know that it would be easy for me to say I am bisexual. The new thing in High School is bisexuality. There are a lot of people at mine who say they are, but they really are just saying it. I don't want to just slap on the bisexual tag for the hell of it, I want to know if I really am or not.

Beyond all this, I am here to help. As a firm believer in gay rights, I will do everything in my power to help others come to terms, or just to help out with bully problems. Just remember, you are who you are, not who someone else wants you to be. Never forget it.

7. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

welcome, Charoshi!
    And Ethan, always remember there are people here to talk to. This club is one of the few things I go to serebii for anymore, because the people here are always here for a kind word. Usually. And were you hanging around those preacher's kids? Those are the worst hedonistic hellions ever </self-referential humor>

8. Aurora~Lynxie

Aurora~Lynxie Member

Much appreciated, I'll check it out.

@Fused- Yeah, seems like the only logical way really :/

9. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

AL- Wow that's interesting, can I tell you something? Sometimes I wonder myself although it's a little different, if maybe I was meant to be born as a girl. It's only for a few moments though you know when you are really thinking about things, it's just some of the things I do or say that may sound well like a woman but there's nothing wrong with a feminine guy and that's probably what I am, anyways I don't know much good advice giving with that kind of thing.

Slash- Well aleast he accepts it in a way, but what happened with your Mum? (Sorry I haven't caught up yet)

Etha- Uh sure hi, welcome... Um I am kind of surprised you posted down here since I got the impression that you didn't like me at all, but you are more then welcome to join.
    Well the best you can do is accept who you are, it's nothing to be ashamed of at all. And about your mum well you did say you are bisexual so who knows, and I guess if it really means that much to her you could always talk about sperm donating or something? In a way it would be carrying on the family name because technically it is your DNA even thought they won't have your last name, unless one day men can somehow get pregnant (I am not totally sure but wasn't there once a man who did get pregnant in real life somehow? Correct me if I am wrong here), anyways don't feel like you can't talk about anything here, like Slash said.

Charoshi- Well I would say you are bisexual, you could always look at men and women (If it helps half naked or... naked) and see if they both attracts you, there is a difference between a straight person thinking the same sex is hot (I am straight and hell there are some guys who I think look hot, and I know if I was gay or bisexual I would go for them) and bisexual, like if they really turn you on and make you feel well everything.

10. Fused

Fused Shun the nonbeliever

I like how you bolded you're "Not Sure" emoticon.

This intrigues me because I would always hear stories where this came up.

This is really just our old gender roles and traditions talking. I mean, carrying on the family name has always been the job of the men it seems; screw the woman's last name, that **** don't matter.

And isn't it interesting that it is assumed it will be your last name that changes?

Although, staright, bi, gay, etc., your family will always typically pressure you to have kids. Luckily, my mom already has two grandkids so I'm in the clear for a while... But expanding on what WT said, you could always setup a surrogacy. Babies always get their father's name (unless its an anonymous donation, but I'm not sure why you would do that if you wanted the child...) so there's always that...

<.<
    >.>
    You little schlut... :D

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  11. ThePainbringer

ThePainbringer Better than Ash

I think ill join. My friend had just came out of the closet, and i find my self ok with it.

PS when i mean my friend, i dont mean me. I find myself very accepting of others decisions, however

12. LucienKaftan

LucienKaftan Aspiring author.

I'm so outta place after being gone for that week? Or has it been that long? Ah, who cares.

Welcome new peoples.
    On everything else, I agree with WT.

...And I can't help but notice that Bluetotodile has been awfully quiet..

13. theverybest

theverybest That noone ever was?

My parents divorced when I was in grade 9. :p
    Not that I didn't see it coming, and to be perfectly honest, I might as well have been counting down the days waiting for it to happen.

I wanna say a whole bunch of things. But. I dunno what to say, really. I suppose it's because so many people have posted.

Slash, congratulations on the coming out! IT's very liberating. I'm sure your friends know and whatever, but once your family knows there's no more little smudges on your conscience. Nothing to worry about. No accidentally hinting that you're gay to your family and having to worry about it.

There are a surprising amount of straight supporters on this forum. It's nice to see people at least making some effort to support. I kinda wonder how you guys get caught up in the conversations if you do...haha. I can usually relate to straight men, well, only cuz the majority of my best friends are, but it's mostly in a teasing way. Unless they're having a bad time, then we take them out for ice cream and to get drunk. I can relate emotionally, but when they tell me sexual things, we usually just end up teasing each other. xD

FOr the bi's (that made my lol because I am newfie, i don't expect anyone to get it, but if you do please tell me ^.^) how do you deal with the flack saying that it's just a phase and that you're not really bi, or that you're just a ****ty horny dog? I hate that. It's along the same lines of me "not being ABLE to get a girlfriend." Haha. Yeah right.

By the way, tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a completely broken Arceus nicknamed Phyllis. Her OT is UpperMgmt. xD

Peace and love all!!!! :D <3

14. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

betch, plz. Flattery will get you absolutely nowhere.

@theverybest it can be, sometimes. I'm still a tad worried he might explode

15. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

hey guys... i'm back? if any of you care, can I be accepted back? I know that I kinda left this place a while ago, which I regret.

well, how have you guys been lately?

I've seen better days. For the last month or so, I really have been depressed and I have had identity problems, I didn't know who I was. I kinda left sppf for a while, i didn't like the person that i've become, if that makes any sense. But I am back now, better then ever, I know who I am, a proud bisexual theater g[l]eek. I found something while trying to find who I was and who I wanted to be, one day I was at the library and I drifted into the theater section. I found A Midsummer Night Dream and i fell in love with the theater, and the rest is history. I am currently reading Le Mis.

I can't wait for the theater programs around my area to start auditions this fall- i am hoping to get into this small theater company's production of 'Glee' which is based of the tv show. I am going to be auditioning for the role of Finn or Kurt, one a straight character and the other a proud gay character. I would love to play either.

so.. um yeah. Relationship wise- I do not want to be in a relationship, at all. I have dated 3 girls and i've been ****ed over 4 times in the last 12 months and I don't want it again. So relationships will not be happening for a while.

coming out - still haven't done it to family. although i have dropped a number of hints to my grandma that i'm bi, i am pretty sure she knows, she always thought i'd turn out liking guys since i was born anyway, when i had an obsession with my friends polly pockets when i was 5, lol. I came out to my best friend, who is bi as well (I am 100% he's gay though, he has no attraction to any girl whatsoever and I am pretty sure he thinks he'll get picked on less if he tells anyone he's gay, which I don't get at all).

But yeah... hope to be accepted back, if you guys will have me.

16. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

@Mr. Joker- I see no reason why not. Welcome back.

@AL- on the forums, I'm KubStrykyr, btw. In case you want to terrorize me. I haven't actually claimed a newb yet, even though I have the rank to

17. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

PB- Sure welcome
    Theverybest- When topics about homosexuality comes up you mean? Well I just say what I think, that I support it and everything. And yeah people who talk about bisexuality like that are annoying, it is possible to like both sexes.
    Mr. Joker- Of course you can... but not to sound stupid anything but when did you leave? I thought you only went on vacation or had exams, I don't remember which

18. Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky <-Gotcha, 140 eggs!

Hello everyone! =)
    I'd like to join. I'm gay. It's something that I have finally come to terms with, and that feels good. Pretty much everyone knows (and evidently it's obvious), and so far I haven't gotten any negative reactions coming out to people. My mom was upset for about a minute, but then she was totally supportive. I'm not sure she completely understands everything yet, but bless her, she's trying.

My only main concerns are telling my father, and whether the pastor at my church will find out. My father is homophobic, and our relationship is rocky as it is. I really don't know how he will react. He takes some things so well, and others just totally set him off.

I've never heard my pastor speak on this subject, but he is very conservative in his views and I'm 99.99% sure that he thinks it's wrong. My church is American Bapist, btw. It's much more liberal than the Southern Baptist church, but homosexuality is still generally disapproved of. I don't know what he will say or do if he finds out. I totally want to become an Episcopalian or something when I get older, though. I want a church that will accept me for who I am.

19. Slash4life

Slash4life uncollared

Welcome, do you mind if I just call you hunter? or Ky?
    I take it this is my territory, though. Both your problems, rolled into one, but a bit more extreme, were mine, too. My father is a pastor, Southern Baptist, very anti-homosexuality. My relationship with my father was love/hate, only sans the love. I came out to him on tuesday, and he wasn't too shocked, accpted me, and then tried to convince me it's a choice. He said himself that some of the most spectacular bodies are male, so I may be sensing some repressed bisexuality from him. But he said acting on said emotions are sin. So, he's apathetic to gays as long as they don't have gay sex. Like the mormon church.

Interesting note: his little brother was gay. The second son. I am also the second son. Interesting when there are studies that show a higher rate of homosexuality in each son the more are had.

20. Breeder KJ

Breeder KJ Well-Known Member

Hello!!

Well hi there. I'm lookin' to join

I'm a 20yo male, originally from Texas, recently relocated to Washington State. (why? I don't know.) I came out ages ago and got an "ok" from my dad who loves me no matter what, a "***got" from my mother who i didn't even live with at the time anyway so whatever, "about time" from my sister and step-mom, and a "duh" from my friends.

I knew I was gay immediately after someone explained to me what the word meant. That doesn't mean I accepted myself right away, by no means did i accept myself. Several years of denial, painful girlfriends, (who became lesbians later >.<) and a brief period of homophobia I finally accepted myself for who I am.

I'm more or less trying to find the like minded people on this site to be friends with and talk to, or listen to. Send me a message, friend request, whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.