• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
I'm fine besides being busy this weekend with a green house. I have to take it down alone and rebuild it alone.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Discussion Question: How was everyone else's week?

My week was weird. That is the only way to describe it. I felt as if nothing was happening at all, and that I was in a dream. I can barely remember yesterday's schedule when I can normally remember the dinners that I have had for a month past. This Friday, though (it's 10:30 PM, May 17th for me right now), I had to go to kung fu. Nasty thing for two hours straight, and I just followed in the motions for the sets without thinking.

On the topic of the club, for my History final I had to relate a current movement (21st century) to one in the 20th century. Many people in the class chose gay rights to relate to civil rights, but that's kinda stretching it as the gay rights extends further back. Of course, the French Revolution was allowed for the "older social movement" category, so that may explain it.

About gender...I'm so confused. About half the time I want to be a girl, and the other half I want to be a guy. I feel like a guy sometimes, but I don't really care as long as no one says anything about my hobbies. ._. I want to say that I'm confused about my own gender irl, but then people would ask too many questions and I'm too lazy to answer them.

Last edited:

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
My week's been kinda boring. I've been doing almost nothing but coursework (university is hard), and I've seen almost nobody. Interestingly I wrote my last essay on gender, but gender in music and the study of music... it was a weird topic but a pretty interesting one (turns out that women really have been severely marginalized when it comes to the subject of western music).

Anyway, I found another article, which kinda relates to the discussion about defining one's sexuality and what a pain in the arse it can be :p : http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2013/05/15/op-ed-human-sexuality-more-gay-and-straight

What d'you guys think? Are we in need of a "collective" label for somebody who is an LGBT individual? The article proposes the term "Queer" as a collective label, but I know there are people concerned with the connotations of that word (derived to mean "wierd" etc etc). Some people argue that we don't need a collective label because it's impossible to put everyone in the same catagory with such a diverse spectrum of sexualities.

I thought the last paragraph of this was pretty intriguing. A problem humans tend to have is that we like to categorize everything because it makes things easier to distinguish and organize (a huge issue in many subjects that contain "fluidities".. for example, music genre). While this can benefit us in some circumstances, defining sexuality and gender is indeed not one of them - gender especially as this term can very easily be conflated with somebody's actual biological sex. I'm personally all in favour of people being able to define themselves straight or gay or bi depending on who they feel they tend towards, but to reach an age where people can understand that those terms aren't necessarily concrete (ie. you can be a straight man, but if you end up having relations with another man then it's not such a "taboo"). I've said before that I think everyone is some form of bi-sexual, but still think some distinction needs to be made for now before we can propose getting rid of sexuality labels altogether.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
My week in one word: Exhausting!
I am so tired, I almost fell asleep while putting up a fence with my mother today

CGS

Shadow Lucario
My week in one word: Exhausting!
I am so tired, I almost fell asleep while putting up a fence with my mother today

I hear ya, gotta take down and put up a 32ft long Green House

I get to see my Bf tomorrow. He's coming over and when he does, my mom is leaving the house so me and him will be alone for an hour or so. He is just the sweetest boy. <3

Someone has a crush lol

Spookz

Lumos
Also: is it some sort of mid-western custom to serve chips with everything instead of french fries..? xD
Nope, must've just been a weird coincidence, as a Midwesterner I can confidently saw we love french fries.

Anyhow, How was everyone else's week?
Not too bad, rather boring. I'm more mobile this week, my back doesn't hurt as much or as often. I'm keen to get back to work, but my doctor wants me to take the next couple of weeks easy.

I thought the last paragraph of this was pretty intriguing. A problem humans tend to have is that we like to categorize everything because it makes things easier to distinguish and organize (a huge issue in many subjects that contain "fluidities".. for example, music genre). While this can benefit us in some circumstances, defining sexuality and gender is indeed not one of them - gender especially as this term can very easily be conflated with somebody's actual biological sex. I'm personally all in favour of people being able to define themselves straight or gay or bi depending on who they feel they tend towards, but to reach an age where people can understand that those terms aren't necessarily concrete (ie. you can be a straight man, but if you end up having relations with another man then it's not such a "taboo"). I've said before that I think everyone is some form of bi-sexual, but still think some distinction needs to be made for now before we can propose getting rid of sexuality labels altogether.
I agree to some extent, humans are too obsessed with labeling and defining everything they come across. It would be nice if we didn't focus so much on who is [insert desired label here]-sexual.. I know many people who struggle with their own identity, not to mention how they come across to other people. Plenty of people within just my circle of peers have "broken" their "label" and done something with someone of the apparently non-desired sex and consequently gotten a lot of flack for it.. Getting rid of labels does seem like the most obvious way to stop this sort of thing from happening. Really though, humanity is not going to give up on labels, it's in our nature. What needs to happen is more education and understanding about the fluidity of sexuality. If more people can be accepting of the fact that people are attracted to who they're attracted to (period!) regardless of how they/people present/perceive or label themselves, then I think we'd have made some progress.

We're getting there though! Lately there's been a lot more positivity regarding gender-fluidity, transsexuality/genderism, etc. even if it is mostly on the internet.

Somebody wrote a slash fic about me and one of my friends, a guy I have a crush on made a video and revealed he has the most adorable voice EVER, and after much debate, I've decided to start reading Homestuck. Wish me luck, mmkay?

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
Hey everybody! I haven't been on these forums in a long time, and I don't know why xP
Anyway, none of you probably remember me, I'm Dakota, and I'm bi. I joined this club about two months ago and never really posted, but I want to start doing that, because I just love being apart of this community. Especially since everyone loves everyone :) not much hate here.
Also, I've come out to like 3 people now and I'm becoming very comfortable telling people, I'm still worried about telling my family and other friends :/ I'm also worried about getting crap from random strangers at school :p Any advice? :)

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Hey everybody! I haven't been on these forums in a long time, and I don't know why xP
Anyway, none of you probably remember me, I'm Dakota, and I'm bi. I joined this club about two months ago and never really posted, but I want to start doing that, because I just love being apart of this community. Especially since everyone loves everyone :) not much hate here.
Also, I've come out to like 3 people now and I'm becoming very comfortable telling people, I'm still worried about telling my family and other friends :/ I'm also worried about getting crap from random strangers at school :p Any advice? :)

Welcome Back

I cant help you on the parent thing my dad hates the fact that I date guys

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Hey guys! It's been a while... A long while... Anywho, I'm glad to be back! If any of you remember me from a while ago, I was struggling with deciding whether I like guys or girls more(still a tough decision), and it's gotten a lot worse now that I've developed a sexual attraction to both guys and girls. To top it off, I'm also converting to Catholicism. -_- Life doesn't get easier as you grow up... I hope that as my teenage years start to run out, the decision will rear its face; while I'm waiting, though, I'm happy to be here with all of y'all again! :)

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
Welcome Back

I cant help you on the parent thing my dad hates the fact that I date guys

Honestly, I feel like I don't care about my father's accepting me, but my mother's acceptance means a lot more to me. I don't know why I'm so worried, but I am.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Honestly, I feel like I don't care about my father's accepting me, but my mother's acceptance means a lot more to me. I don't know why I'm so worried, but I am.

Well my mom was Bi at one time so it was easyer with her but my dad went though the roof.

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
Well my mom was Bi at one time so it was easyer with her but my dad went though the roof.

Wow I'm sorry to hear that, do you think he'll ever accept it?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
My dad will sooner or later, never holds a grudge

Hmm, well, given how much time left your dad has left to spend with you before you go to college(I don't know how old you are), he'll likely realize soon that he'd rather make his remaining time with you pleasant than miserable.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Hmm, well, given how much time left your dad has left to spend with you before you go to college(I don't know how old you are), he'll likely realize soon that he'd rather make his remaining time with you pleasant than miserable.

Went though 12 years of HS not wasting another 4years

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Really? How did that happen?

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
Woah, twelve years in highschool?? I'm curious as to how that happened

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
So am I... I'm very confused right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.