• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I've been doing pretty good, I've sort of been morbidly obsessed with an angel who longs for death who vicariously gleans the sensation of suicide off of people who die, and...yeah. Also, I'm writing a fairy tale about a wren who goes into heaven and then accidentally burns it to the ground... 0-0

Also Chili, having a relationship isn't exactly like gay + gay = love, and he might not be. And if he is, why would you want to be a relationship with him? Have you even considered liking him before this?

Also, I'm coming to the conclusion that most young people (myself included) have a really superficial idea of love. I sort of regret using that word so loosely in the past, and I don't want anyone else to have to go back later, and reconsider 'true love' for infatuation, or a bizarre affinity for affection, yeah. Be a friend, don't put him supposedly being gay in place of your primary relationship: after all, you're his friend first. Also, if you do end up telling him you like him or whatever, and he tells your parents, or his, then yours, where does that leave you standing? He would have quite a bit of leverage over you if you told him, and you pissed him off later.

Anyhow Chili, if all goes well, you have seventy more years to live, and I'm pretty sure there are better times to 'fall in love.' Get into high school. Do your homework. Even if things 'feels right' when you're young, you can brush off things so quickly that'll hurt much worse later. Sit this one out.

Again, you're living in a world of hypotheticals anyway, because you honestly don't know...

Anyways, I don't wanna be hurtful, or cynical, but I do want to be honest... ><

how old are you? this post just gave me chills because it reminds me of my past from late elementary school up until now, a recent high school graduate. and it's just scary to know that as a kid, I didn't know I'd to through a fraction of the things I've been through in the past 4 years. some of it was unbearable but I'm glad I made it past it all. and it just makes me want to advise people to have fun in your youth. make mistakes because there's no other way to learn. don't be reckless, but don't be too careful because living with what if's are worse than living with small regrets. because with regret comes knowing two possible outcomes. with a what if, you've no idea what one of those two outcomes could have been.

point & case. enjoy your youth because it can be stripped away from you in a moment's notice without warning, and you won't be able to do anything about it.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I'm actually thirteen, but sort of an old thirteen, if that makes sense...

I really get what youre saying! But by youth, do you mean innocence, or just easy living, with no bills or worries?

~

I feel like we need a new topic...the weather's been crazy lately, hasn't it?

CGS

Shadow Lucario

I really get what youre saying! But by youth, do you mean innocence, or just easy living, with no bills or worries?

~

One day heat, next rain then cold...

Weather has been crazy

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive

~

I was sort of referring to everything associated with youth including innocence as well as the lack of responsibilities compared to older people. today's actually my 18th birthday but my responsibilities only keep stacking up.

but yes the weather. my phone says it's supposed I be hot but it's cloudy and fresh.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Toobworm said:

Yeah. It's been alternatively rainy and really hot. Then again, it's always like that where I live; it can be rather sunny at one moment and then at the next there is a small shower. Guess that's why the state that I live in is called "the Rainbow State" (which our football team has gone and run with).

The news always focuses on anything that's going on in the United States; it ignores the rest of the world normally unless there's something going on in "then Western Nations".

Schade

Metallic Wonder
And once again, I get proof that America kicks so much more arse than Norway doesn't. I envy you guys who live there. I definitly wanna travel there sometime

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Some of America's nice, Elise, but Texas's temperature fluctuates between 80° and 100° degrees in the summer. Also, America pretty much has the most cults located in it's borders. Something like 7/10 believe in God (not that theism is bad, but still, when you're gay you tend to turn the other way when you hear that), also, totally random and state centric, but my Governor seems to be a conservative jerk, for the most part.

But we have some good things too, like New York and the grand canyon and rivers and like three mountain ranges and Alaska and Vegas and hamburgers. Yeah. It's not too bad, don't worry. ^^

Texas is really nice in October or April~

List of Texas sites to see:

The Rio Grande (the river that runs along The Mexican/American border)
San Antonio (huge city full of young people, very nice, bright place to visit)
Texas has a lot of open roads that are nice to travel, too
On some highway we drive to go downtown, I can see the world's second largest grainaries :3
Uhh...have you ever had Mexican food? Tex-Mex is pretty nice...

If there was anything I didn't like about Texas, it might be that it's still kind of a conservative place in parts. But it's really not to bad. But then again, I'm not too obviously gay, and I don't tell anyone I'm non-religious (which is my new nicer way of saying I don't believe in God), so I might not have the best take on it all.

...everyone else should try and do one of these for their state! :O

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I still dislike you calling me Elise, as it have abolutly no connection to me at all. I wanna live there. It's so much more exciting than Norway.
Don't listen to what anyone tells tyou about Norway. It's really, really boring

I also like how people take God and religion so seriously there. Whenever people ask me about if I believe in God, I usually laugh them in the face

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Thanks. lol
Don't know.. I wanna visit LA, Texas and a lot of places really. I hear it's so lovely there

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Here's a list about Hawaii, similar to the Texas thingy that Toobworm did:

It's normally 70-85 degrees (I think; I'm just estimating), but it seems hotter as it's rather humid. Hawaii is all border, so we do have cults. Sorta. What we have are unusual (for the mainland) religions, such as Dao-ism and Shinto-ism, thanks to the large population of Asians (something like 60%), and, even if you go to Honolulu, even just by driving around, you can see shrines and temples with Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Vietnamese characters on them. Our population of Christians (Christ-stains) is rather small, compared to the rest of the United States, but there are a couple of Christian radio stations, along with a jpop and kpop station (on O'ahu). Our governor is concentrating on fixing the roads, which have gone without repair for quite a while.

List of sites to see (I can only advise you on O'ahu, the other islands I haven't been to yet):
Beaches -- no, duh. Don't go to Waikiki or Hanauma Bay; they are degraded because of the amount of tourists. If you go in the summer, go to Pupukea, which has sea turtles. Don't go in the water on the North Shore during the winter unless you want to drown.
Food -- not something that you merely want to see. There are lots of food trucks; you have to go and eat garlic shrimp. Chinatown, if you can make it past the homeless (...erecting more homeless shelters will just attract them), has good Chinese food. Don't expect any good Mexican food; California has better (along with good Indian food).

Helpful things: Pronunciation of Hawaiian: thanks to a new law, all new streets MUST be named in Hawaiian, which is pretty much a dead language. All vowels are pronounced consistently, but you might see clusters of them like "Aiea", which is pronounced "i-a-ah". Another note: the Likelike highway is pronounced "lee-kay-lee-kay", not "like-like". Don't dilly-dally when reading the map because of difficultly in pronouncing Hawaiian. Any time that there is an apostrophe, you DO NOT combine the vowels.
Always remember to put on sunscreen.
Remember that no matter how large the cockroach, you are far more scared of it that it is of you. We have cockroaches that are black, fly, and divebomb people. We also have cane spiders, which are large, non-venomous spiders that are fuzzy and rather cute. They lurk in tall grass and occasionally bathrooms (the bathroom thing ESPECIALLY applies to cockroaches).
The public bathrooms are gross.
If the state flag looks like the lovechild of the US flag and UK flag, that's because it is.

Concerning Hawaii and gay people -- haven't a clue. Some people don't care, some people are very vocal about their opinion, and some people are gay. There is some overlap between those groups.

Does anyone else here come from / live in a country where knowing what season it is just flat out don't matter? When I went to Japan they was all like 'What season is it back home at the moment?' and I was like geez I dunno'. It can act like winter right in the middle of summer. Just dress as appropriate when needed.

Also I'm new. Can never join too many forums.

I used to be a regular here a few years back but.

I just have a few questions and my online social network is all like, sucky. So. Here we are. I'm looking forward to exchanging opinions on things.

EDIT: Oh and can I join? Am a gay male, like Pokemon, whatever!

Welcome to the club :)

Hmmmm weather here for Canada......well basically we have 2 seasons. Snow season and Mosquito season. Right now it is Mosquito season.
I could go through a list of awesome things about where I live....but I'm lazy so: forests, mountains, religious nut-cases, diverse people, more forests, and miles of boring.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
So I see landed right in the middle of a weather topic. Huh.

Well.

After six months of snow, it's finally warm here. Hot, even. I think it was around 28ºC / 82.4ºF the other day. That's just crazy to me, it never gets that hot. But hey, I'm not complaining! I can finally ditch all most my clothes and swim and eat berries and all that good crap. That, and I'd rather take this than the -30ºC /-22ºF weather we had a few months back. Especially since if you accounted the chilling wind, it was probably like twice as cold as that sometimes. I can't stand cold.

... Yeah, I'm bad at weather topics. Anyway, yo y'all, been a while!

Chili

Virginia is a pretty nice place. Depending where you are. The weather is really hot though right now. I melt outside.
Any how, saw the great Gatsby today. Awesome movie. I'm mad at this total jerk, she through chocolate milk at me and it got all over me. Hate her. She needs to die.

..Why would someone just throw chocolate milk at you. Was this like a friend of yrs or something? Also had you read the book before? I did. Some movie differences were like..

SPOILERS

I feel like you wouldn't really know that Daisy was a _not nice person_ unless the superfluous and annoying narration had told us. Furthermore, what was the point exactly of having Gatsby's past revealed halfway through the movie? In the book, the only other visitor to the funeral was his dad and he told the whole thing. I think. Or something. Like, what the hell? I dunno'.

It's always nice to see rich people having fun though.

EDIT: Hey guys uh, how come tags like, spoiler tags don't work for me? Furthermore how come I'm disabled from putting html links in my signature. Do I need a certain number of posts or something.

Chili

..Why would someone just throw chocolate milk at you. Was this like a friend of yrs or something? Also had you read the book before? I did. Some movie differences were like..

SPOILERS

I feel like you wouldn't really know that Daisy was a _not nice person_ unless the superfluous and annoying narration had told us. Furthermore, what was the point exactly of having Gatsby's past revealed halfway through the movie? In the book, the only other visitor to the funeral was his dad and he told the whole thing. I think. Or something. Like, what the hell? I dunno'.

EDIT: Hey guys uh, how come tags like, spoiler tags don't work for me? Furthermore how come I'm disabled from putting html links in my signature. Do I need a certain number of posts or something.
Ya, I've read the book before. And I don't know why she threw chocolate milk at me! She always throws things at me! I hate her! I hope she burns in a fiery death and no one comes to her funeral because they can't find the body.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~

SPOILERS

I get the impression you're new to the club...Hey! :D

And yeah, you need to have ten posts in order to put links anywhere. It's a new tool the mods are using to outsmart the spambots. They're, you know, little programs which go through all the threads and fill them with links to...things...and it's not pretty. So, this happened. In a few weeks when you get your post-count up though, everything'll be fine!

Anyways, new..new subject, I guess.

What are your life aspirations?

(I kind of wanna hear about something that's more hopeful, and aspirations are good for that so...yeah~ )

Ohh thanks Toobworm. You have a tumblr. Rad. Imma' follow you.

What are my life aspirations.

Today I asked a friend of mine, 'what sort of a person wakes up at 2pm, can't keep appointments, but does study really really like, vigorously. Like I'm meant to. For University. And yet does really badly' and he just told me to prioritize.

I guess graduating is somehow my priority then. I dunno'. My life aspiration is to just *graduate* which I'm finding real hard, and then teach English in Japan.

I mean I study Japanese every day and stuff and have wanted to go there since I was like five years old.. That's it for now. That's my priority. That's my aspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.