• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
@melonjaywalk: Have fun with the grammar. I can't tell the hirogana and katakana apart; the kanji are much easier for me to read (I take Chinese at my school).

What are your life aspirations?
Get into a good college (Harvey Mud, MIT, etc), which I have the grades to do (I think ._.), but not the extracurricular activities. Get a job as a lawyer. Help people and get rich.

Tips for studying (which I do little of; I remember most things well): get enough sleep and food.

Last edited:
Get into a good college (Harvey Mud, MIT, etc)

You must be a genius to even have the faith to say that you could do that.

Also, seriously? Hiragana is all curvy, and katakana is mostly straight lines. Mind you, you're in a real enviable position to say that you find kanji easier. I imagine that'd be useful.

Back to Universities - Where I live, there's only like, four, maybe five Universities. So it's never a matter of going to 'a good one', it's just going to 'one' and they're all pretty much the same. You don't even really need to try. Even without the grades, kids here are automatically granted entrance when they're 20, and the everything is paid for everyone via loan. So degrees are real worthless. And yet here I am.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Well, the only things preventing me from having a GPA or about 4.0 are my lackluster grades in Tech and P.E.. Mom's pretty much expecting me to get a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT (she keeps on comparing me to her coworker's kid, who did), and I think that as long as I don't make silly mistakes (like swapping numbers, which I do) I can get a pretty good score. Eh, my mom and dad both got into Harvey Mud, so...

Yeah. Maybe it's because I'm learning Chinese before I even try to take Japanese, but the kanji are more recognizable. It's the same problem I have with numbers sometimes. They (katakana and hirogana) kinda blur into each other. My attempts at writing hirogana look like pretzels on illegal drugs, and I tend to scrunch the katakana together so that they're nearly touching each other. I tried to write only some, and then gave up because I got confused with where I was (in the passage of text. I had a vague idea from the kanji).

Where on earth do you live?

Spookz

Lumos
I'd like to really get my career going. Right now it's sort of a take-what-I-can-get situation, which means I'm doing a lot of grunt work that I'm not fond of. After the accident in May I'm even less thrilled about it. So I'm hoping to get a leg up soon and get into more of what I'm good at in the industry. But I know that may take a few years.

I'd also like to get married some day (hopefully Illinois will pass gay marriage in the fall). I don't think I want a family, but I definitely want to settle down with someone I love.

Travel is up there as well, ideally with my partner, I want to see the world and experience new cultures.

tl;dr I want to be happy.

Where on earth do you live?

Some horrible island. I know what you mean about the kanji though. Compared to english and other scripts, it actually makes sense. They're made up of pictures. Of what they represent. Yes. At last.

tl;dr I want to be happy.

Seems like a bit of yr happiness is dependent or at least involves to whatever extent, being in a relationship. Why is that? Not criticising. Just asking for the sake of discussion. I just got outta' a relationship that lasted a whole year and oh boy am I glad to be single.

Depends what sorta' person you are. I'm full of anxiety about being productive each and every day. I'd rather study than focus my attention on someone. And I'm full of bad decisions that I think'd be unfair to drag someone else into all the time so..

Gosh. I wanna' be single forever. Not really.

Also I'm following you on tumblr too. Because I'm new to tumblr and need friends.

So who's happy about E3 this year. Playable Peach and Bucken-Berry Toad. Also Villager in Smash Bros. Fairy Type. Yeahh.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Heya all! Sorry it's been a long time, really should keep checking up. So how is everyone? I just had my birthday party a few days ago so it was good.

Anyways I came here to see what you guys think of the new Pokemon type. At first I thought, really? Just seems a bit childish in a way, even if Pokemon is meant to be. But then after reading some posts, I am okay with it, Disney really made me think fairies of nothing but good, when fairies aren't always like that anyways.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Well, people are going to complain about it being "girly" and "gay" (both of which they already are complaining about), so.... Why do people bash something if they perceive it as feminine or "gay" and thus "weak"? I've never really understood that.

The Asian/Eastern definition of Fairy is different from the Western one; in Chinese, the character meaning "fairy" is part of the word for "immortal". It's mostly Disney massacring the definition for Western audiences. That still doesn't explain why Sylveon's all pink.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I think my only complaint about the Fairy-typing is it's name .I would like the name to seem more, ambigious, like Mystic or Cosmic or something like that, Mystic type actually sounds good, or they could have kept the Japanese name of Yousei.

Anyways I think I'm entering that stage where one just gets detached from the world. I've given up on practically everything, but I don't feel any emotional loss over it. Has anyone else had this type of feeling? Hnoestly, to me, it's just gettign a little scary...

Spookz

Lumos
Seems like a bit of yr happiness is dependent or at least involves to whatever extent, being in a relationship. Why is that? Not criticising. Just asking for the sake of discussion. I just got outta' a relationship that lasted a whole year and oh boy am I glad to be single.

Depends what sorta' person you are. I'm full of anxiety about being productive each and every day. I'd rather study than focus my attention on someone. And I'm full of bad decisions that I think'd be unfair to drag someone else into all the time so..

Gosh. I wanna' be single forever. Not really.

Also I'm following you on tumblr too. Because I'm new to tumblr and need friends.
I think it's fair to say a lot of people would prefer finding someone to spend the rest of their life with over being alone. Right now I'm happily in a relationship and I'd like that when I'm older as well. So I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic.

I have my own share of mental health problems and various issues, but I've found that having someone else to share my problems with has made things easier. Therapy and medication didn't really help, most of my friends don't understand (or don't want to?), but my gf has had similar problems in the past. We understand the other's needs as far as that's concerned. That's big for both of us.
Anyway, I'm out of school so I don't have studies to focus on. *shrug* Naturally, now my attention has been turned to my career, my family, and now my girl. :)

Anyways I think I'm entering that stage where one just gets detached from the world. I've given up on practically everything, but I don't feel any emotional loss over it. Has anyone else had this type of feeling? Hnoestly, to me, it's just gettign a little scary...
Oh yes, been there, done that. Not pleasant. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it privately.

Chili

Heya all! Sorry it's been a long time, really should keep checking up. So how is everyone? I just had my birthday party a few days ago so it was good.

Anyways I came here to see what you guys think of the new Pokemon type. At first I thought, really? Just seems a bit childish in a way, even if Pokemon is meant to be. But then after reading some posts, I am okay with it, Disney really made me think fairies of nothing but good, when fairies aren't always like that anyways.

I've been good. What did you get for your birthday? Saved me some cake right?
In other words, I was outside at school sitting and this boy comes over sits down next to me, and leans on me, I'm like woah...

I don't really care what I do or how I get there cause honestly I don't think I'll be alive long enough to enjoy a career or anything. So I guess I'll just try to live my best and happiest until the day I finally die.

I'm so happy it's summer. I don't even know how to handle myself cause one half of me wants sun so bad and the other is like "play animal crossing" and then some other half that somehow exists is like " stop talking to yourself and go to bed you've been up 22 hours". And it's raining so I can't even spend my time outside in mah hammock...it's heart breaking. I hope to god my birthday isn't rainy cause I'm already working and rain would just make it even worse....I want to gaze at the stars!

Darato

(o,..,o)
So this month we had the Pride Parade here, and my dad being part of the city council openly marched in it showing his support.

L.F.D.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
I don't really care what I do or how I get there cause honestly I don't think I'll be alive long enough to enjoy a career or anything. So I guess I'll just try to live my best and happiest until the day I finally die.

Lucky I feel like dieing

Geez kids why are you all feeling so down? The trick is to keep breathing. Try a new uh. Thing? Vague suggestions for vague problems. My bad..

I dunno'. When I feel down, I just like, get up, and, do something. And I feel a lot better afterwards. It's like going to the gym. At the start I'm like oh god this is the worst please stop. Then I get a rhythm going and I'm like yeahhh man. And then I feel like I've earned the ability to sit down with tea.

I sound like one of those douchebro gym-goer types. I'm sorry. I was on antidepressants for a while, once, if that's any uh, notion as to what my background in feeling bad is.

So this month we had the Pride Parade here, and my dad being part of the city council openly marched in it showing his support.

L.F.D.

What does it feel like to have supportive parents? I mean, that's real good support right there yeah? And what I mean is.. I mean, I have supportive parents. So it's so weird for me to hear all the typical coming out stories that ended badly with kids being disowned and whatever.

In conclusion, in or out of a relationship, or anything inbetween, it's all good so long as everyone's happy.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
When I feel down, I simply just go "Hell naw!" And stop. It's really not that hard when you first know how to do so.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
wayjun- I guess most people expect them to look strong or powerful, not sure really. Mine was just because of the whole Disney and Fairies thing, they made them look like complete goody shoes with throwing fairy dust around, and unlike most mythological creatures, never really seeing them portrayed in horror movies or anything.
melon- Oh, had a birthday party which was awesome, then later went to the movies.
LR- Don't you become suicidal! Or I will come down there and give you a kick in the behind:) But seriously, hope you are still alright.
Spookz- I wouldn't want to be alone, but I think I have come to accept I will never find anyone, no matter how much I would try to change and stuff, just don't think it will happen.
Chili- lol actually yes I do have some left, just beesting which isn't really as great as the tirasmu that got eaten quickly.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I'm fine guys, don't worrry about me commiting suicide, I just find that pointless. Though still sort of feeling this way is hard... I was watching TV today and I just thought it was pointless banter... Oh well, I guess I enjoy this loneliness for some odd reason.

L.F.D.

That's great news to hear. I hope you and your dad had a fun time at that parade, it's always nice to hear support like that happening.

wc662

Green Goblin
I just wanted to pop in and say: HEY GUYS! Sorry I haven't posted in a while I hope everybody is doing good!

GagaOopsy

Eau So Fresh
So far this is my favorite thread :'). I'm in

I have always accepted my sexually and I have no problem saying that I'm gay. Right now I'm still in the closet because it would be very bothersome to tell everyone, especially my family so I'm just waiting to graduate from high school and then I'll come out.

I was always bullied in middle school for acting girly and what not, but I never cared about what people would say about me. The bullying stopped in high school and I even came out to some of my friends and they said that it was okay. It does get better guys :').

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.