• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
On Tuesday I have to go and watch over little kids as part of a summer program. The problem is: I unabashedly ****ing abhor small children. They make me angry. I don't want to go to a summer program where I have to watch over them for two weeks; I hate small children. All I want to do is stay home and write.

Are you parents forcing you to attend any kind of summer program?

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Sorry for the inactivity, the only free time I have is my days off from work. Anyways, how is everyone?

which is weird as it has existed since 2008, I think.
But sure, welcome! make yourself at home

Thats what the rest of us have done :)

Considering the first post seems largely outdated I'm going to assume anyone can join, if not I'm sorry for jumping the gun. I just got really excited that this club exists.

Welcome!

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Sorry for the inactivity, the only free time I have is my days off from work. Anyways, how is everyone?

Thats what the rest of us have done :)

Welcome!

Thanks! I went through like the last 10-15 pages of this thread to get a feel for what topics you guys focus on, but everything seems quite varied.

You posted earlier that you felt like dying. Are you ok? Feel free to VM/PM me if you need to talk to someone. Everyone goes through those feelings, you just have to learn how to deal with them in your own way. (also your sig makes me worry :/)

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
On Tuesday I have to go and watch over little kids as part of a summer program. The problem is: I unabashedly ****ing abhor small children. They make me angry. I don't want to go to a summer program where I have to watch over them for two weeks; I hate small children. All I want to do is stay home and write.

Are you parents forcing you to attend any kind of summer program?

A lot of my church friends were expecting me to go to a week-long revival meeting with them, but I had to politely turn them down. It was probably one of the harder things I've had to do this week, but I'm proud of myself

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Thanks! I went through like the last 10-15 pages of this thread to get a feel for what topics you guys focus on, but everything seems quite varied.

You posted earlier that you felt like dying. Are you ok? Feel free to VM/PM me if you need to talk to someone. Everyone goes through those feelings, you just have to learn how to deal with them in your own way. (also your sig makes me worry :/)

Was dealing with religions, see I'm a atheist. Been getting hate messages though FB and had neighbors show up trying to "bless me" or get me to follow their religion. I was nicknamed "The Devil" awhile back. I've attempted suicide about 8 times in my life and that was when I was only 10...Now I just laugh at those people.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
What is a "revival meeting"? Sounds to me like something to do with a cult and immortality.
Anyone's neighborhood experiencing a bout of the door-to-door Mormons?

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
One of the primary concepts behind christianity is that people are composed of three parts; the body, soul, and spirit. All humans have souls and bodies, but unless they receive the Holy Spirit through belief and repentance, their spirit is dead. Once you're a convert and the holy spirit lives within you, God is forever connected to your soul and you are redeemed and are destined to go to heaven because of your living spirit, but if you sin too much, or your heart ends up filled with impure thoughts/lust/anger, your connection to the Holy Spirit becomes dulled. The purpose of a revival meeting is to renew that connection with the Holy Spirit, and in the process, God, and to create new converts. Also, sometimes people surrender their lives to God at these meetings, to do whatever his will is for them in their life (it's not always being a missionary or pastor; sometimes, it's just surrendering to love their neighbors better, or to read their Bibles daily). It all sounds really creepy, because it sort of is...and I didn't really want to have to see that.. 0_0

Shadow: Why don't you get off of Facebook? Also, in some states, you can charge them of committing Hate Crimes, if you wanna go that route..

Mormons: there's a LDS Church in town, but nobody really comes to our neighborhood. Most of the Mormons I know are really kind and accepting, personally though, so I think I could bow out gracefully if one came to my door

Last edited:

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Shadow: Why don't you get off of Facebook? Also, in some states, you can charge them of committing Hate Crimes, if you wanna go that route..

Rarly on FaceBook, this happened awhile back. But I got back to fighting anyone that tried, bring out a gun and they took off.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Was dealing with religions, see I'm a atheist. Been getting hate messages though FB and had neighbors show up trying to "bless me" or get me to follow their religion. I was nicknamed "The Devil" awhile back. I've attempted suicide about 8 times in my life and that was when I was only 10...Now I just laugh at those people.

I've had similar experiences, but that was years ago. As for fb, ignore those people or report them. There's no reason to put up with it.

8 times is 8 times too many. Despite what you may think, things will get better. Sure you'll have those days in which you hate yourself and hate your life, but literally everyone goes through that. Anyone who says they don't is just lying.

What is a "revival meeting"? Sounds to me like something to do with a cult and immortality.
Anyone's neighborhood experiencing a bout of the door-to-door Mormons?

That would be pretty funny seeing as I live in nyc, but we do get Jehova's Witnesses knocking on my door almost every Sunday.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Yes, I know... werid feeling but I feel asthough I'm dreaming of what my life will be...

"Jehova's Witnesses"-I hate them...they come here every 2 days. Just gotten to the point I dont come to door

GagaOopsy

Eau So Fresh
Yes, I know... werid feeling but I feel asthough I'm dreaming of what my life will be...

"Jehova's Witnesses"-I hate them...they come here every 2 days. Just gotten to the point I dont come to door
My brother get's visits from them every Thursday and it's kinda annoying. My brother is not even religious, so I don't know why he keeps letting them in our house.

Godric

Petrew Petrew

My brother get's visits from them every Thursday and it's kinda annoying. My brother is not even religious, so I don't know why he keeps letting them in our house.

there should be a sign that says "spawn of Satan lives here, do not visit with religious bs" or something along those lines to ward them away.

Or you can kindly ask them not to visit / knock on your door, it is your (or your parent's) property after all.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
I was watching an argument online about whether being gay or not was a choice, and I got really irritated. OFC, the person that was arguing that homosexuality was a choice was straight (I'm noticing a pattern here) and Christian. I recently put up a post about my asexuality and how I can't do anything about it (don't care where the heck I am on that spectrum, but whatever), so let's see (or, rather, I'll see) how that person reacts~

Has anyone else gotten into arguments about the LGBT (and the rest, sorry, forgot your initials) issues? How do you guys react if someone is being disparaging towards people of an orientation other than heterosexuality?

On a different note: when I was a little kid and I saw "LGBT", I thought of it as "Great Lettuce Bacon Tomato". Now it's "Great Lettuce Bacon Tomato ASCII" because...there have been more things tacked on and no one can remember 'em.

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
Guess I'd pop in and apologize for not posting in a while. I've been busy with Finals (which are finally over), family life, packing stuff for the move (We start driving out to Arizona in a week from now), 4chan, Youtube, Pokemon, and pplaying a ton of new games.

Chili

I finished school, I was supposed to go to the zoo today and my Dad was supposed to pick me up from swim team to go, but he never came. So I missed the zoo trip for summer camp, so pissed off. Anyways, I waited for three hours.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
there should be a sign that says "spawn of Satan lives here, do not visit with religious bs" or something along those lines to ward them away.

Or you can kindly ask them not to visit / knock on your door, it is your (or your parent's) property after all.

Better yet, get a welcome mat with a pentagram on it!

CGS

Shadow Lucario

To Laugh? Thats what I use to do

That wont help...they'll just send more and more

Can we please stop the religion talk, especially on this religion please. LOL I used to be a member and was kinda completely ostracized from it lol. So yah no more please :p

I am so burnt out. Been working every day for 2 weeks now, and won't have a day off till like....tuesday I think. It's driving me crazy. So I've also been drinking too much....again, and I think I'm getting back to my old ways which kinda sucks.....also off my pills (which might be one of the reasons I started drinking again). Just....ugh.

Has anyone else gotten into arguments about the LGBT (and the rest, sorry, forgot your initials) issues? How do you guys react if someone is being disparaging towards people of an orientation other than heterosexuality?
I used to be really defensive and stood up for anything that got on my nerves about the subject....but honestly it's just not worth the trouble. People will always be against it and if you go out defending everything it just wastes your energy and time.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Can we please stop the religion talk, especially on this religion please. LOL I used to be a member and was kinda completely ostracized from it lol. So yah no more please :p

I am so burnt out. Been working every day for 2 weeks now, and won't have a day off till like....tuesday I think. It's driving me crazy. So I've also been drinking too much....again, and I think I'm getting back to my old ways which kinda sucks.....also off my pills (which might be one of the reasons I started drinking again). Just....ugh.

I used to be really defensive and stood up for anything that got on my nerves about the subject....but honestly it's just not worth the trouble. People will always be against it and if you go out defending everything it just wastes your energy and time.

Can we please stop the religion talk, especially on this religion please. LOL I used to be a member and was kinda completely ostracized from it lol. So yah no more please

Dont look at me...keep it to yourself

I knew you were on the pill! When did it happen? And whens the baby gonna be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.