• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Okay, I don't know if anyone else has heard of the whole "Straight Pride" bollocks, but it's a big target of ridicule over on Tumblr. HOWEVER, there have also been legitimate complaints of straight-bashing that are drowned out by people saying "WE HAVE IT WORSE YOUR PROBLEMS DONT COUNT HURR DURR DERP". Case in point, this comment string. Now, after reading it, who do you side with? The straight girl making legitimate points, or the people who are ignoring it and bullying her just for saying that some straight people have problems too?

In my opinion, no one should be subjected to bashing of any sort, no matter what their background is. Just because you're gay doesn't make it okay to hate straight people, just because you're a woman doesn't make it okay to hate men, just because you aren't religious doesn't make it okay to hate on people who are religious, etc.

I'm just really like serious about that sorta thing for some reason.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
All this drama concerning fighting with exs and whatnot has scared me off from romance a bit; however, I am in love with my best friend. The problem is that I think that they are straight. Maybe I won't confess--atm I have no time for anything, much less romance. I also don't want our interactions to be awkward.

Okay, I don't know if anyone else has heard of the whole "Straight Pride" bollocks, but it's a big target of ridicule over on Tumblr. HOWEVER, there have also been legitimate complaints of straight-bashing that are drowned out by people saying "WE HAVE IT WORSE YOUR PROBLEMS DONT COUNT HURR DURR DERP". Case in point, this comment string. Now, after reading it, who do you side with? The straight girl making legitimate points, or the people who are ignoring it and bullying her just for saying that some straight people have problems too?

That girl needs to learn that everyone has problems. And that is just ridiculous--both side should have never started it, there's no reason to confirm the girl's beliefs gosh darnit. Free speech is wonderful, but it allows things such as the WBC. I didn't take a look at the actual link, but I can guess the content from people's reactions.

Ugh, I hate it when people call things they hate 'gay'. Find the right adjective, people.

In other news, even Disney is jumping onto the equality train.

That's good...just a few years late. Come on, you can't call it brave for showing a gay couple once. ._. I mean, it is a good thing to show a non-stereotyped (as far as I know) couple.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, I hate to combo-break the conversation but.. I kinda need advice. lol
So: The guy I like likes me back, and we're now dating. But he haven't come out to his parents yet, and is a bit scared of that. How should I act? If I'm supposed to at all?

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
So: The guy I like likes me back, and we're now dating. But he haven't come out to his parents yet, and is a bit scared of that. How should I act? If I'm supposed to at all?

I've actually been in the exact same situation as you with my partner. I'd say just give the guy some time, and don't force him to come out before he's ready. You can try and encourage him and offer to come with him if it helps, but don't push him into doing it.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Well, I hate to combo-break the conversation but.. I kinda need advice. lol

just tell him to do whatever he think is right, telling them or keeping it, its a big step so take it slowly

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Sure, thanks People. I'll just be supportive at the sideline then.

Pyroli

Banned
Hello to everybody new!

Ah. It seems we're talking about relationships? Well the boy I like has been talking to me a lot more and he keeps sending me stuff saying 'I heard this and thought of you.'. He's really great and I'd love to tell him how I feel but at the same time we're best friends and he has told everyone in our group of friends that he is not interested in a relationship. It's quite troublesome to be honest.

I'm actually vacationing in a large city right now and he's texted me every day asking how I am and usually talking to me for hours at a time until either of us needt go. Usually about really dorky stuff but it feels nice to have someone thinking after you every day.

So my true issue is how much I adore this guy but how worried I am to tell him my true feelings. Mostly because of our amazing friendship.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Hello to everybody new!

Ah. It seems we're talking about relationships? Well the boy I like has been talking to me a lot more and he keeps sending me stuff saying 'I heard this and thought of you.'. He's really great and I'd love to tell him how I feel but at the same time we're best friends and he has told everyone in our group of friends that he is not interested in a relationship. It's quite troublesome to be honest.

I'm actually vacationing in a large city right now and he's texted me every day asking how I am and usually talking to me for hours at a time until either of us needt go. Usually about really dorky stuff but it feels nice to have someone thinking after you every day.

So my true issue is how much I adore this guy but how worried I am to tell him my true feelings. Mostly because of our amazing friendship.

awww this is really sweet <3
do you know his sexuality though? if so then you should wait for the perfect moment(which hopefully will come soon) to tell him ^w^

R2J

R.I.P #31
Relationships? I have a crush but no sure if he's straight or what. He sometimes act like he likes me in the same way, then others he pays no mind to me.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
right now my only crush is my ps3
its not as good as a real person but it'll do until i find someone to date or have a crush on

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Hello to everybody new!

Based upon how he says he isn't interested in a relationship, however he likes speaking to you that much about topics mostly concerning things that have to do with you, I would guess he is probably just lying about what he is telling people and may be interested in a relationship towards you.

However I can see how this situation can be a little tricky because you already have established a good friendship and if you tell him your true feelings and it isn't a mutual thing he may distance himself from you, or you may enter a relationship that becomes faulty down the road causing you to break up along with destroying the friendship you've established.

So, in my opinion I would take things really slowly and not make any brash decisions. Keep talking about the things you've been talking about, and if you feel comfortable with it add something just a little "flirty" in there like once or twice to see how he reacts. (don't overdo it though or he could take notice quite easily)

If a relationship truly doesn't appear to be something he's interested in, try to distance yourself just a little bit so that you can try not to get too attached to him.

I'm just speaking from experience here, and I personally feel that he is at least slightly interested in you. So keep up what you're doing and just be careful. :)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I like this thread. It is like a portable DR. Phil that I can just view on my cellphone whenever I feel Down.
And for the topic: I'd say og for it. If he's really a friend, He'll understand

R2J

R.I.P #31
I like this thread. It is like a portable DR. Phil that I can just view on my cellphone whenever I feel Down.
And for the topic: I'd say og for it. If he's really a friend, He'll understand

Dr. Phil?

*Walks away*

Yeah, I can't stand him >.<

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh? Why's that? I rather fancy his way of trying to understand and deal With other Peoples problems. And he sometimes come up With some rather good advice. Same gorw for Oprah

R2J

R.I.P #31
Oh? Why's that? I rather fancy his way of trying to understand and deal With other Peoples problems. And he sometimes come up With some rather good advice. Same gorw for Oprah
Keyword: Sometimes

Let me just state I don't like Phil, Oprah, Anderson, or Harvey. Those type of shows bore me more then watching golf.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Nah, it's really interesting when you interest in how other People act around messed up People. lol
And golf makes me want to claw out my eyeballs and strangle someone With them, somehow

Schade

Metallic Wonder
"Now that it's summer vacation"? Well, I work until August 20th when I start at college

R2J

R.I.P #31
do you guys have any plans now that its summer vacation?
Been in summer since 2010

Nah, it's really interesting when you interest in how other People act around messed up People. lol
And golf makes me want to claw out my eyeballs and strangle someone With them, somehow

My sister's a nut job so yea.......

Status
Not open for further replies.